Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15678 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
Imagine a Nigeria where:
1. There is light 24 hours of a day, 7 days of a week and 365 days of a year, and if by any chance the light has to go off, there is prior notice and apologies is sent as well and wont be off more than few minutes.
2. The roads are great and there no more a death traps.
3. Medical institutions are top of te lines.
4. Security is great, and you could just park your car and wont have to pray and fast that the ride wont be stolen.
5. There is safe and drinkable water at every home
6. There are affordable houses and home for 80% of the populations, cos it is not possible to have 100% of the populations.
7. Affordable education for more than just few.
8. Unemployment rate of less than 10%
9. Fair distribution of the national wealth.
10. Good facility for growth and start up of a business

What and what can we all do to make this happen?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2008
I ll do anything for this to happen
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2008
I think this will put Nigeria in the globe for a better stuff, and we will be making wicked revenue via business and not just the Oil, cos many coys in the world will bring their business to nigeria, and most Nigerians abroad will run home
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cold(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
Poster,nice 1.But y don't u stat by tellin us what u intend to do to "make it happen".
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2008
cold:

Poster,nice 1.But y don't u stat by tellin us what u intend to do to "make it happen".

Most of this depends on those that can make a difference, i am talking about a vission from the govt, cos these are all capital projects and not some buy one get 2 free kinda deals
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by showbobo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2008
NIGERIA can only be like this on one condition. . . . . .in your dreams.Stop Daydreaming bro and have it at the back of your mind that with all this greedy politicians around,Nigeria would only be getting worse.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
showbobo:

NIGERIA can only be like this on one condition. . . . . .in your dreams.Stop Daydreaming bro and have it at the back of your mind that with all this greedy politicians around,Nigeria would only be getting worse.

I agree with you, but dont you think we need to probably flush all those nuisance of a leader out, though, would be bloody, but it is possible.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by favcom(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2008
What the shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I thought these are already in place in Nigeria
Abeg no give one heart attack jare
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Raymond88(m): 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2008
7 O clock news would be boring as hell!! tongue
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Sisikill: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2008
Singing

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream  cheesy

I kid, I kid. . . of course we will get there and when I say we I don't mean we as in us, I mean we in a more our great, great, great, great, great grandchildren we.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2008
Things are already like that all over Europe.
And they don't have the kind of resources we have.
The old generation politicians are still in charge.
Trying to avoid sanctions from the west by doing everything they say.
Look at Iran, as soon as they are through with their nuclear programme,
There will be break through in everything.
A nation cannot attain all those things up there with out going nuclear.
Being able to produce and mount your own satellites in the sky.
Being able to power your own electricity without depending on western transformers.
Being able to have your local contractors that can do your roads without depending on Julius Bergers and Strabags for our bridges.
The govt of some nations cut their salaries so that the poor can afford schools.
They do that so that the poor can eat and drink and live under a shelter.
Nigeria is blessed with every kind of resources, ranging from human to natural.
Yet we have people living in slums.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by A2J(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
Some of what you mention are not even there in USA and you trying to imagine such in Nigeria, keep imagining my people.

Only in our imagination will Nigeria be like that BUT maybe in year 3010 such things will come true.

Help us oh God!!!!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
I blv it is getting to that time when we will all say enuf to those old hamburgers ruling nigeria, cos they dont seems to have a direction for us at all.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by agaba123(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2008
Guys we can get there.
The first step I think is to get the masses re-oriented
let them know that the national cake is not the exclusive reserve of those in power.
The mindset of the masses is the reason why the corrupt politicians are going Scotfree free

I am thinking of an organisation which is is selfless and cuts across the country.

Such an organisation will  sensitise the public to hold the elected officers accountable and to allow them make their votes count.
If we get that right, we can get the next step right.
A2J:

Some of what you mention are not even there in USA and you trying to imagine such in Nigeria, keep imagining my people.

Only in our imagination will Nigeria be like that BUT maybe in year 3010 such things will come true.

Help us oh God!!!!!!

This is a rather high level of pessimism We can achieve that rather earlier than you think
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2008
A2J:

Help us oh God!!!!!!

And why do Nigeria has to be modelled after USA ?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
agaba123:

Guys we can get there.
The first step I think is to get the masses re-oriented
let them know that the national cake is not the exclusive reserve of those in power.
The mindset of the masses is the reason why the corrupt politicians are going Scotfree free

I am thinking of an organisation which is is selfless and cuts across the country.

Such an organisation will sensitise the public to hold the elected officers accountable and to allow them make their votes count.
If we get that right, we can get the next step right.
This is a rather high level of ppessimism We can achieve that rather earlier than you think

Yes We Can!!!!!!!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by agaba123(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2008
yes we caaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by hilli666(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2008
What if, what if

One untapped resource that we Nigerians have in abundance, is our immagination. In America the maxim goes "if we can dream it, then we can build it" In Nigeria, it seems we have adopted a slightly more modest variation of this maxim. "If we can dream it, then why not" after all there no cost affiliated with dreaming.  It seems all we want to do is keep dreaming, but still make no attempts to bring such dreams to fortuition.

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by agaba123(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2008
If anybody is ready to work out something,let the person hola me.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by blackspade(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
It's not going to be an imagination, it will happen. Our first priority is to actually get some elected officials who know how to manage funds. With all our oil, we should be taking that wealth and diversifying out economy, so we won't be so dependent on oil. That is what Dubai did, and they're a new financial hub, and Nigeria could easily do that if someone were to think about the future, instead of only the present.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by menix(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
It will certainly happen but Anti Christ would have taken over the Nigerian Govt by then.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by walaty(m): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2008
shuo!!!!!!! na dream be dis 1? i am not saying it cant happen. but all the selfish and bad leaders would have to be taken care of 1st. know what i mean?  grin wink
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
@Poster, sure it is a dream at the moment but it is an achievable dream and yes, if we really wanted to, we could be half-way to the goal in less than 3 years and there in 5. Question remains, do the Nigerian people really want change or are they more willing to continue waddling and blaming the corrupt leaders for everything without making sure to vote for change and ensure the power is put back in their hands.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
Nigeria: Constitution Review Begins Next Week

10 September 2008
Posted to the web 10 September 2008

Tashikalmah Hallah

Review of the 199 Constitution will start next week when the National Assembly inaugurates an 80-member joint committee for the exercise, Senate President David Mark said yesterday.

Speaking at the resumption of the Senate after a two-month recess, Mark said the National Assembly was committed to coming up with new laws that will positively touch on the lives of Nigerians.

The Senate and the House of Representatives have announced membership of the joint constitution review committee before the two chambers went on annual recess. The committee, with membership from each of the 36 states and Abuja, is to be headed by Deputy President of the Senate Ike Ekwer-emadu, while the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Usman Bayero Nafada will serve as his deputy.

Mark said in his address, "As we return the expectation of the people is naturally and rightly high. Among others, our people anxiously await action on the constitution amendment.

"You will recall that before we proceed on recess, we had announced the names of our colleagues who would represent us in the constitution Review Committee. It is heart-warming to note that the House of Representatives has also named its membership.

"We can for all intent and purposes declare that we are set to kick start the process. The Joint Committee should be inaugurated early next week, God willing," he said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200809100394.html
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
I did not want to have to open a new thread for this but anyone is free to if they want. Instead of dreaming of what could be and so on why not step in to act? If there has ever been a time throughout the history of this current administration to put pressure on the senate and the house it is now!!! I don't think the need arises to write about the importance of a constitution that is relevant to the reality of the country and is current with the urgency of the obstacles the country of Nigeria faces in development and growth. The constitution is an important foundation to the growth of the nation's democracy. Instead of simply dreaming about change please, the utmost ammount of pressure needs to be put on the law makers in order that the country gets a more fair constitution that can potetnially stimulate growth and development rather than hinder it. We should find out the contact details of those taking part in this review and see what we can each do in our capacity. Let Nairaland stand for something beyond commentary
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by mekk(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2008
@poster

Stop day-dreaming.that's not gonna happen.atleast not with these crop of knucklehead politicians
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by agaba123(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2008
mekk:

@poster

Stop day-dreaming.that's not going to happen.atleast not with these crop of knucklehead politicians

With people like you who don't mind the status quo and never believes anyth can be done to change Nigeria
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2008
Yes, we will have to do all these without all the "goats" called politicians.
we will have to look for a way to cease power from them
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2008
agaba123:

With people like you who don't mind the status quo and never believes anyth can be done to change Nigeria

he is not saying it is not possible, but all he is saying is that, it can only be done without the fools called politicians, and i so much agree with him
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by mykali(m): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ topic

nigeria will be like this the day i become president. so lets start to fast and pray. its VERY possible. i use the Bank PHB dictionary u know. . . . grin
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by akininNC(m): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2008
I came home in April and what I find every time I come back is that we are not closing the gap with all these industrialized nation, in fact it seems to me that we are regressing in a lot of areas. Unfortunately we as ordinary citizens can not improve a lot of the infrastructure, that has to be done by the government. Once these improvements are made then a lot of us hiding overseas will feel comfortable enough to come home and apply our expertise. I love my country but I am not willing to die for it because of armed robbers. In fact, I missed them by a month because they robbed our house at gunpoint a month after I left, I am now having second thoughts about my visit in october!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by femzy(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
A Nigeria where we can build Refineries all over instead off exporting oil for refining

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... / Ondo Election: Women Groups Protest In Ondo East LGA (photos) / FG To Provide 15m Jobs, 10 Gigawatt Of Electricity - Udo Udoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.