Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15686 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2008
Fhemmmy:

i do understand where you are coming from, because with ordinary eye and with the mindset of people we have in Nigeria and that of Nigerians out of Nigeria, it doesnt look possible, but if we sit back and analyze this very well, it is very possible and achievable, we all need to contribute our own quota, it is important for the govt to do her own part as well.

There are millions of Nigerians out there today who are “doing their own part”. They are living their own lives and doing their own jobs. How come that has yet to help the situation in that country? How many more millions of people do we expect to “play their own part” before things go change for Nigeria?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by igodwyn(m): 3:13am On Oct 15, 2008
even in other parts of d world, things are not perfect.They all started some where b/4 getting to where they are now, all we need do is PRAY 4 naija & especially 4 "Mr.C & Mr.D 2 be like Mr.A & Mr.B
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:45am On Oct 15, 2008
igodwyn:

even in other parts of d world, things are not perfect.They all started some where b/4 getting to where they are now, all we need do is PRAY 4 naija & especially 4 "Mr.C & Mr.D 2 be like Mr.A & Mr.B

roflmao!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

There are millions of Nigerians out there today who are “doing their own part”. They are living their own lives and doing their own jobs. How come that has yet to help the situation in that country? How many more millions of people do we expect to “play their own part” before things go change for Nigeria?

going to wrk and coming back home day after day, and making ur own money is a great thing and yes, u doing ur own part by doing such, however, how is that going to help the person next door to you that has nothing on his table to feed those kids that has gone to school all day, and yet have no hope of dinner, not to talk of good dinner, how will that be of help to the kids that wont get any visitation from santa for xmas?
There is a need for us to look at the bigger picture and help one another.
For example, every xmas, when you buy ur own turkey, might be great to buy 3 instead of 2 and give one to that woman that the father of her children has ran away cos he cant afford taking care of dem kids no more.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2008
igodwyn:

This is the funniest response i have ever read, and it is like a loser's game.
So cos other nations are not perfect, that is enuf of a reason for the children in Nigeria to go to bed hungry, night after night, is that enuf for the kids to be carry trees from the farm daily instead of being in classes, is that enuf for them to drink the water that animal dumps passes through? common, let us be realistic, and besides, no one is saying we all have to be equal, cos that is not real, all we asking for is necessity of life for the children (food, education, clothings) or u mean these are too much to ask for?
Prayer is good, but prayer without works, the bibles says, it is dead.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by faoni572(m): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I like your response to that, I'm waiting for the answer 'how many millions of people do we expect to play their own part ' or as an ordinary person what else are they expecting from people.

Hardly you can see somebody folding arms and waiting in his room for Nigeria to do something for him. People are already doing their part.

Fhemmmy:

going to wrk and coming back home day after day, and making ur own money is a great thing and yes, u doing ur own part by doing such, however, how is that going to help the person next door to you that has nothing on his table to feed those kids that has gone to school all day, and yet have no hope of dinner, not to talk of good dinner, how will that be of help to the kids that wont get any visitation from santa for xmas?
For example, every xmas, when you buy ur own turkey, might be great to buy 3 instead of 2 and give one to that woman that the father of her children has ran away because he can't afford taking care of them kids no more.

Just because you are doing your own part does not mean you will be feeding the person at the next door to you especially when your resources are not enough to do that. Whatever you can afford then you give it to the person next door to you. If you can do it everyday it's good but if you can not do it everyday then do it when you have.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2008
faoni572:

I like your response to that, I'm waiting for the answer 'how many millions of people do we expect to play their own part ' or as an ordinary person what else are they expecting from people.

Hardly you can see somebody folding arms and waiting in his room for Nigeria to do something for him. People are already doing their part.

Just because you are doing your own part does not mean you will be feeding the person at the next door to you especially when your resources are not enough to do that. Whatever you can afford then you give it to the person next door to you. If you can do it everyday it's good but if you can not do it everyday then do it when you have.

I love your responses, and i am not saying, u have to start feeding people on a daily basis, cos that cld lead to laziness as well, and the whole purpose will be defeated, however, all i was saying is that, the govt has failed the people, and we can only hold each other hands up to help, cos together we can and we will win the race.
A case of one rich man in the midst of 10 poor people, those poor fellas will pull the rich man down and they will all eventually be poor.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by anonimi: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2008
Getting some education and inolved at the LG level may be another starting point to the change we say we desire.
Check this out.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by inquisitiv: 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2008
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2008
I so much agree that Revolution is necessary, but peaceful revolution in Nigeria is doubtful, cos even though, we are being peaceful, the govt being threatened will unleash the dogs and tell them to fire at sight.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Question: So doing your own part is essentially providing welfare to those who do not have?? AAArrrgghhh!!! Why does doing my own part have to mean I should do to feed my neighbour?

Fhemmmy:

For example, every xmas, when you buy ur own turkey, might be great to buy 3 instead of 2 and give one to that woman that the father of her children has ran away because he can't afford taking care of them kids no more.

Help one another?? What is this? A welfare state? There are countries out there that are functioning today with people simply doing their job and living their lives. Why in the world does “doing my own part” in Nigeria mean I should make sure my neighbour has a meal on his table? Is this a call for individuals to become welfare officers or something??

Roflmao!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Question: So doing your own part is essentially providing welfare to those who do not have?? AAArrrgghhh!!! Why does doing my own part have to mean I should do to feed my neighbour?

Help one another?? What is this? A welfare state? There are countries out there that are functioning today with people simply doing their job and living their lives. Why in the world does “doing my own part” in Nigeria mean I should make sure my neighbour has a meal on his table? Is this a call for individuals to become welfare officers or something??

Roflmao!!

I have always known you to be a yeye man.lol
Anyhow, there is no law that says u have to be a welfare officer and if yuo can afford to be one, there is no crime against it.
We are asking for a better Nigeria, and how could it be better, if we neglect the future of the nation?
Anyhow, it is a great thing to be going to work and be paid, cos that is one less wahala for the govt to worry about.

yeye man, lol
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2008
Fhemmmy:

I have always known you to be a yeye man.lol
Anyhow, there is no law that says u have to be a welfare officer and if yuo can afford to be one, there is no crime against it.
We are asking for a better Nigeria, and how could it be better, if we neglect the future of the nation?
Anyhow, it is a great thing to be going to work and be paid, because that is one less wahala for the govt to worry about.

yeye man, lol

I don’t buy into the idea that for Nigeria to be great, what we need are more people to help their NEIGHBOURS eat. We already have millions of Nigerians who till this day send money home to help Mr A or Mr B. We have 100’s of thousands of NGO’s. I remember back during Obasanjo’s time, NGOs were the big thing. What have we gotten from such? None. Many of these NGOs have dug wells. If you count the number of wells in that country – Wells that have been dug with thousands of dollars, you would wonder why people still do not have access to clean drinking water in the majority. Put all that money together, along with money sent back each year, you get billions of dollars each year sunk into tiny helping feed “neighbour” projects. E don do. Nigeria does not, at this time, need more “MONEY WASTING” plans.

We need lasting changes so that these tiny projects can actually work. Do you know how many people don send computers back to schools in Nigeria in 2007 alone? Look into how many books have been shipped to that country in just 2007 and ask what that has done so far? I can tell you, next to zilch cause the books are now being sold by thieves to make small money for themselves. We do not need millions more to change, we need to change the system instead and people will be FORCED to change.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I don’t buy into the idea that for Nigeria to be great, what we need are more people to help their NEIGHBOURS eat. We already have millions of Nigerians who till this day send money home to help Mr A or Mr B. We have 100’s of thousands of NGO’s. I remember back during Obasanjo’s time, NGOs were the big thing. What have we gotten from such? None. Many of these NGOs have dug wells. If you count the number of wells in that country – Wells that have been dug with thousands of dollars, you would wonder why people still do not have access to clean drinking water in the majority. Put all that money together, along with money sent back each year, you get billions of dollars each year sunk into tiny helping feed “neighbour” projects. E don do. Nigeria does not, at this time, need more “MONEY WASTING” plans.

We need lasting changes so that these tiny projects can actually work. Do you know how many people don send computers back to schools in Nigeria in 2007 alone? Look into how many books have been shipped to that country in just 2007 and ask what that has done so far? I can tell you, next to zilch cause the books are now being sold by thieves to make small money for themselves. We do not need millions more to change, we need to change the system instead and people will be FORCED to change.

U mean wells on papers on reality, you mean wells that aint abandoned projects, or you mean wells that they dig and colllect money without getting to the water level, and my guy, it is not enuf to just dig well, but to make sure the water is drinkable.
You the computers that the administrators of some of the schools took home and give to their own kids and sell the rest to the cybercafe on their street?
You mean the NGOs that were created just to siphon money from the govt and the foreign investors?
We all know that most stuff sent from this part of the world dont even get to the pple that theya re meant for, all cos they are all greedy.
Go to SOS centres and you will see pple working there leaving daily with foods that are meant for the kids there.
I do agree that we need systems in place to make sure that stuff meant for projects are used for projects, there is a need for better measurement of projects.
Yes, many sent money home daily and infact, africans are said to be the highest money sender via western union in da world, so u right on that one.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
Fhemmmy:

U mean wells on papers on reality, you mean wells that aint abandoned projects, or you mean wells that they dig and colllect money without getting to the water level, and my guy, it is not enough to just dig well, but to make sure the water is drinkable.
You the computers that the administrators of some of the schools took home and give to their own kids and sell the rest to the cybercafe on their street?
You mean the NGOs that were created just to siphon money from the govt and the foreign investors?
We all know that most stuff sent from this part of the world don't even get to the people that theya re meant for, all because they are all greedy.
Go to SOS centres and you will see people working there leaving daily with foods that are meant for the kids there.
I do agree that we need systems in place to make sure that stuff meant for projects are used for projects, there is a need for better measurement of projects.
Yes, many sent money home daily and infact, africans are said to be the highest money sender via western union in da world, so u right on that one.

Now you see what is happening . . . No be say we no need more projects but the reason these projects work here is because the system is already in place to ensure they work. We do not have that in Nigeria. That is why each year, we have billions being siphoned in to do the same things in the same old places.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2008
Then it is time for us to find out how we could do something about such system.
This one of the reasons why Nigeria talks of e-government, yet so many people, even those that have computer and internet connections at home are still taking days off, just to go and make adress changes at govt offices.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tkid(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2008
u just describes america
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2008
t-kid:

u just describes america

Then i guess we could be called "America-mini-me" but without the credit crunch, cos Nigerians now ride around town with cars that they only have 20% invested in and living in mansions that are yet to be fully paid, another american saga in Nigeria?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by blackspade(m): 3:44am On Oct 18, 2008
I see the "Naija Cynic" is putting her work in on this thread.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by duabba: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2008
How we can get there?

Firstly, detonating a nuclear weapon in Abuja to clear those of us that have sucked this nation dry, then pop the question "How do we get there?"
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Then it is time for us to find out how we could do something about such system.
This one of the reasons why Nigeria talks of e-government, yet so many people, even those that have computer and internet connections at home are still taking days off, just to go and make adress changes at govt offices.

e-government?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by shotster50(m): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2008
We need nothing short of revolution to change our tidings. We are currently stuck in a vicious cycle of corruption and poor governance. A complete 'system' overhaul is whats needed.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2008
shotster50:

We need nothing short of revolution to change our tidings. We are currently stuck in a vicious cycle of corruption and poor governance. A complete 'system' overhaul is whats needed.

The system that needs a complete overhaul is that which continues to allow the people sit by and watch while nothing is done on their behalf by government which is supposed to work for them. I doubt we need new laws or new constitutions in that country. We however, need the people to stand up and speak up. That is the complete system overhaul we need, in my opinion.

I don't believe we have to wait for an appointed time or appointed people to get this rolling. It has been the JOB of the people from the beginning to ensure that things work in their good, no matter the government. We do not need a revolution to do our jobs, do we?? We need to stop being lazy and do our jobs. The job we agreed to the day we decided we needed to appoint these leaders. A Vote is not just a vote for a leader but a renewal of the promise that we, the people are willing to do our part to ensure success of those whom we elect.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by blackspade(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2008
. . . .which can be considered a revolution.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by mcvincent: 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2008
nigeria will be among the league of the successful nation when we all work towards one goal ,with clear vision and sincerity of purpose.Imagine some missionaries school collecting huge amt. of money from student even some so-called NGO's are been run for their own profit-making.Not to talk of the politician who are just there for themselves and families, come to think of a situation where they are given chance of giving scholarship to the brilliant and most talented one's who are less privilege to study abroad they are much pleased to fix in their own children whom they can take up their responsibilities.I think every individual should rethink and do what is right to is fellow man to make nigeria a better place for living.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The system that needs a complete overhaul is that which continues to allow the people sit by and watch while nothing is done on their behalf by government which is supposed to work for them. I doubt we need new laws or new constitutions in that country. We however, need the people to stand up and speak up. That is the complete system overhaul we need, in my opinion.

I don't believe we have to wait for an appointed time or appointed people to get this rolling. It has been the JOB of the people from the beginning to ensure that things work in their good, no matter the government. We do not need a revolution to do our jobs, do we?? We need to stop being lazy and do our jobs. The job we agreed to the day we decided we needed to appoint these leaders. A Vote is not just a vote for a leader but a renewal of the promise that we, the people are willing to do our part to ensure success of those whom we elect.

The time to act has been since few years back, however, i think the fear of the unknown and the fear of the leaders has made many not to wanna do anything.
The media is even worried about carrying yuor voice, cos they know what the dumb leaders could do to them.
But like you said, it is time for us all to stand up and speak up and create a media to educate people that they dont have to put up with the nonesense of the fools called the leader.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2008
mcvincent:

nigeria will be among the league of the successful nation when we all work towards one goal ,with clear vision and sincerity of purpose.Imagine some missionaries school collecting huge amt. of money from student even some so-called NGO's are been run for their own profit-making.Not to talk of the politician who are just there for themselves and families, come to think of a situation where they are given chance of giving scholarship to the brilliant and most talented one's who are less privilege to study abroad they are much pleased to fix in their own children whom they can take up their responsibilities.I think every individual should rethink and do what is right to is fellow man to make nigeria a better place for living.

there is currently no vission in Nigeria, i know the govt is talking about vission2020, but i would love yar'adua and his group to come and tell me what is vission2020 and what they are doing to achieve it, cos i am yet to see anything at all, not even the foundation for it and a nation that fails to plan, plans to fail, so like u said, Nigeria will be among the world leaders, if we have same goal and a vission, meaning we are so far away from that.
The NGO's are running profit like u said, but what do u expect in a situation where people's effort are not even being appreciated, in a nation where even the govt dont even give a damn abt his own people and a place where there is no law guiding those NGOs.
Infact, Nigeria is just one lawless field of players that plays soccers with their hands, since no referee, the referee is busy gambling on the sideline.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by crush: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2008
Try 2 be good in ur own little way,dont give bribes and dont take bribes, a better nigeria begins with u.
lets us all use Bank PHB dictionary. make it happen!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Nemeziz9ja: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2009
Everybody to your village oh ye Nigeria!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by homosapien(m): 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2009
whenever my beloved Nigeria is been compare to other nation i felt so much pitied on the ignorant souls out there.have you ever ask yourself how old is all those country.another things is if you were asked ten years ago that can a black man rule USA of all country,what will be Ur response.so therefore be positive in Ur thinking an remember Rome wasn't built in a day.very soon GOD will take away our captivity as he did to children of Israelite
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bluefilm: 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
ssRhino:
Imagine a Nigeria where:
1. There is light 24 hours of a day, 7 days of a week and 365 days of a year, and if by any chance the light has to go off, there is prior notice and apologies is sent as well and wont be off more than few minutes.
2. The roads are great and there no more a death traps.
3. Medical institutions are top of te lines.
4. Security is great, and you could just park your car and wont have to pray and fast that the ride wont be stolen.
5. There is safe and drinkable water at every home
6. There are affordable houses and home for 80% of the populations, cos it is not possible to have 100% of the populations.
7. Affordable education for more than just few.
8. Unemployment rate of less than 10%
9. Fair distribution of the national wealth.
10. Good facility for growth and start up of a business

What and what can we all do to make this happen?

Your so called political leaders will never allow this because they need you to be in poverty so that they can easily own and control you.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Arda1000(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2023
homosapien:
whenever my beloved Nigeria is been compare to other nation i felt so much pitied on the ignorant souls out there.have you ever ask yourself how old is all those country.another things is if you were asked ten years ago that can a black man rule USA of all country,what will be Ur response.so therefore be positive in Ur thinking an remember Rome wasn't built in a day.very soon GOD will take away our captivity as he did to children of Israelite
stop playing cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Five In Attack On Reopened Highway - Vanguard / Ben Bruce Calls On EFCC And ICPC To Return Ganduje’s Donation To Them / Buhari's Acting CJN Must Step Aside For The Next In Line Says Olawepo Hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.