Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15677 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
E go better! cheesy
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2008
Yes, the leaders have a lot to do, but we as the citizen has some work to do as well.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2008
@SkyBlue has already posted an opportunity to effect change. How many Nigerians are going to act?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by taratj: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2008
Start a revolution for one and get rid of those old dead weights the country has been carrying around for centuries. I believe there's a younger more honest breed of people out there,who wld make a beta go at running d country, the major problem is how to get them on the seat where they can be able to make a difference.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by agaba123(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
I did not want to have to open a new thread for this but anyone is free to if they want. Instead of dreaming of what could be and so on why not step in to act? If there has ever been a time throughout the history of this current administration to put pressure on the senate and the house it is now!!! I don't think the need arises to write about the importance of a constitution that is relevant to the reality of the country and is current with the urgency of the obstacles the country of Nigeria faces in development and growth. The constitution is an important foundation to the growth of the nation's democracy. Instead of simply dreaming about change please, the utmost ammount of pressure needs to be put on the law makers in order that the country gets a more fair constitution that can potetnially stimulate growth and development rather than hinder it. We should find out the contact details of those taking part in this review and see what we can each do in our capacity. Let Nairaland stand for something beyond commentary

I guess this is what kobo is refering to.

How many people can access the lawmakers? If any of their contacts is available, I will like to have it. When one gets such contacts, it is either not working or ends up with overzealous aids who are worse than the lawmakers.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
We never said to achieve all these would be easy, but i am sure it is possible, if we can all do our part.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by TheSly: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
Sure!!
I can envisage this in 670Years to come.
By then im sure i would be on the laps of God.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2008
agaba123:

I guess this is what kobo is refering to.

How many people can access the lawmakers? If any of their contacts is available, I will like to have it. When one gets such contacts, it is either not working or ends up with overzealous aids who are worse than the lawmakers.

Lol, Only a couple of months ago, Nigerians in the UK where able to, not only access lawmakers but the President himself in their bid to get the country to boycott British Airways. How many nigerians are willing to step up and do the right thing NOW instead of drawing up reason after reason why they should not?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
I will be so willing to step up and let us get stuff done, the youths need to get involved, and not just cos you wanna come and take and steal some of the money, but cos you wanna make a change that you blv in.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ohaechesi(m): 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2008
It is hypocritical to say that our political leaders has nothing to offer the citizen rather siphoning our fund for their selfish interest. Let me remind you that BABA (OBJ) has rightly confirmed my doubt all this years. Baba was granted an interview pertaining abnormal power supply in Nigeria at the airport. To prove their incompetence just like i taught, he said and i quote " WHATEVER THAT YOU CAN NOT DO, YOU SHOULD HAND IT OVER TO GOD. He used this language at this computer age, meaning that the former and present administration can not bring our problem to a successful end.

I have this question going on in my mind all this while. The question is this, ARE NIGERIANS FOOLS OR ANIMALS THAT WE CAN NOT FOR ONCE DECIDE ON WHAT SHOULD BE FAVORABLE TO THE MASSES? I think, there should be more militants in every state and their objective should be to address any problem of the state violently directly from the state house. By so doing, those fools that believes that government house is their birth right will be conscious of their immoral act to the masses and should have a little respect and regard to their citizens. Its not wrong for me using the word "violently" rather if such action should be taken by youths in every state, the so called political leaders will indemnify and vegetate. I meant no disdain but this is the only way out. The youths in all the states should form their own militant group as a watch-dog over the people in authority because they can not help matter within their self.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by TheSly: 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

I will be so willing to step up and let us get stuff done, the youths need to get involved, and not just because you want to come and take and steal some of the money, but because you want to make a change that you blv in.
Easier said than done hommie.
Many have tried. . . . .Many have died.
The youths are not motivated to do none of these when the Country itself doesn't care about the well-beings of it Citizenry.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2008
The Sly:

Easier said than done hommie.
Many have tried. . . . .Many have died.
The youths are not motivated to do none of these when the Country itself doesn't care about the well-beings of it Citizenry.
I never knew a day will come when i will ever say, it is time for us to see what we can do for Nigeria and not just what Nigeria cld do for us, lemme tell you the fact, The leaders dont give a damn about you, and since they dont care, it means, caring about the citizen is far from happening, so we have a choice, which would be to take life by the horn, and we make a difference, cos no one would.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
This is the bestest post this year.
Thanks Rhino
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2008
I am dying within to see the day when we can just all be so proud of Nigeria, and when our presidents will be invited to all functions in the world, and when we will be missed and when we sanction nations, they will know they are in trouble.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2008
To change Nigeria. hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
That is one huge effort o
where can we start? What is the first step to take?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

I am dying within to see the day when we can just all be so proud of Nigeria, and when our presidents will be invited to all functions in the world, and when we will be missed and when we sanction nations, they will know they are in trouble.

You are me both!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Olayinkaoj(m): 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2008
A song was directed by Prof Wole Soyinka in 1983, "Nigeria go survive, everything go be good oh, Nigeria go survive", I just pray we all see why we should wake up from our slumber. Thank God many of us travel all the time. We know what operates elsewhere in the world, I think its the right time to start from this forum.Kudos to the Poster of this discussion.
I stay in Osogbo, osun state and its been long I av been to lagos b4 my yesterdays trip, Sincerely I saw a tremendous change in the areas I passed by. if the man at the helm of affairs could build on that step, we shall get there one day and let others emulate. God spare our lives all, we shall see better thing and we shall all be partakers of good things to come. I agree with all posters about the roots of our problems, thank God we know the root.
The day a mad man knows he is mad, he is already half cured, lets us all take a progressive step.
All is well
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
Brother Rhino I love your optimism and philosophycal gyration, I wish I could caught a whiff , the reality is lm too old to be day dreaming. Wake up to reality , Nigeria is doom
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
Nigeria is just in its infancy compared to other Developed countries. So i have no hopes for change anytime soon. Maybe 50 years+ from now, but anytime soon is fantasy wishing.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
CGKing:

To change Nigeria. hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
That is one huge effort o
where can we start? What is the first step to take?

I think there is a need for us get involved in politics, and find a way to get rid of all the old politicians that has been in politics before i was born.
There seems to be not too many choices, but a good revolution, but like i said, it is important that we see Nigeria as all we have got and we wanna make sure it doesnt get destroyed.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Nigeria is just in its infancy compared to other Developed countries. So i have no hopes for change anytime soon. Maybe 50 years+ from now, but anytime soon is fantasy wishing.
have you been to Ghana before?
what is teh revenue of Ghana
Yet they are almost more developed than Nigeria, better companies are moviing there for buz and with the Oil discovery, Ghana will be giant of africa soon, yet their population is nothing compared to ours.
How old is Ghana.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2008
We cant continue to allow those old hags to destroy this country.
They are ruling with running things with their ol' school mentality, and their tired courage. They only think
of themselves and their families and how to bequit wealth for their posterity. And they have misguided the youth of this nation
by letting them run around as they choose. The mind of the youth is selfish: its either
they are down in one party, or working in a bank or going into music. Once the generation of Obj and his
guys end, Nigeria may be in for a tough time o. I have been singing this song to the ears of my guys at work
for so long.

To begin to change this country, we musgt begin to inspire the youth. And that is  some major project. Target the youth
and forget those old hags. Their time is up.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

How can Nigeria be in infancy?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

have you been to Ghana before?
what is the revenue of Ghana
Yet they are almost more developed than Nigeria, better companies are moviing there for buz and with the Oil discovery, Ghana will be giant of africa soon, yet their population is nothing compared to ours.
How old is Ghana.
If you want to play the age game, go right ahead. It doesnt matter what Ghana has. It will soon fall into the hands of the Chinese and Indians. So whatever. What it has, is also what it lacks. That is tactics. They are just infants compared to other developed countries so I aint even worried about them. Give them a few years to ruin it for themselves and watch wahala start.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

How can Nigeria be in infancy?
Look all these countries folk praying for Nigeria to be like. All those DEVELOPED countries. Most have been truckin' steady for more than Nigeria has been independent. So all this praying, wishing, begging, and bellowing means nothing. Nigeria has a LONG way to go. We will not enjoy its richest but the generations that follow might.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

If you want to play the age game, go right ahead. It doesnt matter what Ghana has. It will soon fall into the hands of the Chinese and Indians. So whatever. What it has, is also what it lacks. That is tactics. They are just infants compared to other developed countries so I aint even worried about them. Give them a few years to ruin it for themselves and watch wahala start.

There is a big difference btw a developed nation and a develping nations, and the reasons why the indians and chinese are taking over is all cos we are allowing them to do just that, and Nigeria is so much in the position to change things and making things happen, we have all it takes, we have the money, we have the manpower for the technology to happen, we have the populations for the business to grow our economy.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
Exactly Rhino
You are the maannnnnnnnnnn!!!

I have been thinking about this since God's knows when.
That is the only way. We as young men need to develop a kind of Youth Movement for change.
A political organisation that will begin to rouse all the youth. I am telling you it can work O

I wtched a documentary that showed us how Isreal as a nation began. It began from  about 8 young men!!!. Between 20 to 28 yrs of age. They formed a cult and began to press while all their parents where afraid of all Israel's opposers. More and more of the youong men joined until a movement was formed and on the long run Israel was born

Now I can not saw that documentary is 100 percent factual. but i am sure it has some substance because the  producers and US and I know they wont broadcast formulated stories about Israel. Anyway, I will search out the documentary again and post it here

Any which way, even if we are ten guys, we can begin to do it. I believe
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Look all these countries folk praying for Nigeria to be like. All those DEVELOPED countries. Most have been truckin' steady for more than Nigeria has been independent. So all this praying, wishing, begging, and bellowing means nothing. Nigeria has a LONG way to go. We will not enjoy its richest but the generations that follow might.

No matter how long we have to go, till we start the journey, we will always have a longer way to go, because according to how things have been, we are even yet to start the journey, so how and when do we start the journey or are we ever going to start? if all the country we are all running to never start to do something when they were like how we are now in Nijah, they would never be where they are today, if the youths of then never see a reason why they need to embrace their country, cos that is all they have got, they wont have a place to call home.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
CGKing:

Exactly Rhino
You are the maannnnnnnnnnn!!!

I have been thinking about this since God's knows when.
That is the only way. We as young men need to develop a kind of Youth Movement for change.
A political organisation that will begin to rouse all the youth. I am telling you it can work O

I wtched a documentary that showed us how Isreal as a nation began. It began from about 8 young men!!!. Between 20 to 28 years of age. They formed a cult and began to press while all their parents where afraid of all Israel's opposers. More and more of the youong men joined until a movement was formed and on the long run Israel was born

Now I can not saw that documentary is 100 percent factual. but i am sure it has some substance because the producers and US and I know they wont broadcast formulated stories about Israel. Anyway, I will search out the documentary again and post it here

Any which way, even if we are ten guys, we can begin to do it. I believe

There is no doubt about it that lives will be loss, and everyone will love to see a better Nigeria, but not many will wanna do what it takes
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

No matter how long we have to go, till we start the journey, we will always have a longer way to go, because according to how things have been, we are even yet to start the journey, so how and when do we start the journey or are we ever going to start? if all the country we are all running to never start to do something when they were like how we are now in Nijah, they would never be where they are today, if the youths of then never see a reason why they need to embrace their country, because that is all they have got, they wont have a place to call home.
Rhino, Listen to me. And Listen to me good. You are dreaming. Nigeria has a LONG way before they can ever remotely consider starting a journey towards anywhere. Nigeria needs to hit ROCK BOTTOM before it can rise to the top. I'm talking about where we are now, im talking about ROCK BOTTOM.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Olayinkaoj(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2008
7:1 Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.

7.2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.

7:17 And the king appointed the lord on whose hand he leaned to have the charge of the gate: and the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died, as the man of God had said, who spake when the king came down to him.

7:18 And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:

7:19 And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.

7:20 And so it fell out unto him: for the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died.

Let us pray for the land, there is nothing impossible , so than we can taste the goodness of God in the land
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Rhino, Listen to me. And Listen to me good. You are dreaming. Nigeria has a LONG way before they can ever remotely consider starting a journey towards anywhere. Nigeria needs to hit ROCK BOTTOM before it can rise to the top. I'm talking about where we are now, im talking about ROCK BOTTOM.

I have to disagree. There is a huge difference here and I believe $Rhino makes some good points there on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigeria Events / Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG / A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.