Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Different genres Of Nigerian Music - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Different genres Of Nigerian Music (8133 Views)

Defining The Different Genres Of Music / 10 Genres Of Music And Their Favorite Fans / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Different genres Of Nigerian Music by abdurrazaq(m): 10:08am On Sep 13, 2008
Let me try and help you with the little I know, mostly from the South-Western part Nigeria

Apala
Agidigbo
Sakara (This name was latter given to one of the drums used mostly in Fuji Music)
High life
Shenwele
Dadakuada
Ewi (This also qualifies as a music from my oint of view undecided)
Juju
Fuji
Afro beat (An invention of FELA I guess undecided)

Anything apart AFRO BEAT with Afro in its name is NOT AFRICAN undecided

I may still come back with more cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Different genres Of Nigerian Music by abdurrazaq(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2008
@doyin 13, No offence intended, the correct spelling is OGUFE not EGUFE. I don't know whether to call it A Goat or A Ram. All I know is that it shares some features with both He-goat and Ram. Some of it's features are as follows:
Long beared (longer than that of regular He-goats)
Taller than other goats (As tall as Rams)
Slimmer than both Goats and Rams.

I think is a product of cross-breeding between Goats and Sheep undecided

I hope I'm not deviating from the topic grin

Let me add WAKA mainly by Queen Salawa Abeni. Lately we've been hearing Gospel waka
Re: Different genres Of Nigerian Music by Exzuahgh2015: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
nigeria is using ghana's music genre probably hip life and highlife. If i am lying compare style plus in those previous years with their perfect r n b as compare to now. Those days nigerian musician did r n b and not this current form. So yes copied it from Ghana as Ghana too copied from USA and changed the style by adding local language. Even Ghana was the first to introduce indigenous rap called "kasahare" in our native language by some rappers such okyeame kwame, obour and other which later some musicians like sarkodie and so much others who maked it big and started influencing other part of Africa till today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2face Back In Plantation Boys Days / 9ice - Aye Oloba / DOWNLOAD MP3: Mr Eazi – Leg Over (remix) Ft. French Montana & Major Lazer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.