Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final (11314 Views)

Poll: France vs Italy - who's going to win?

France: 65% (26 votes)
Italy: 35% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by lordimpaq(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2006
if you asked anyone who is goin to win the world cup one would unanimously say italy is goin to win,

but history can repeat it self, france knocked out italy in 98, france defeated italy in euro 2000 finall,

but with the low quality play of the french one cannot just write them off, they can turn the tables and up their game against italy on sunday,

i personally believe the italians have a bigger chance to win the world cup because of their dominance in midfield, potence in attack and magnificient in defence with father cannavaro running things, but it could be a different story who knows,

zidane still has an ace up his sleeves, i know that for sure.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by jagenne(m): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2006
@ Sir Lordi,

U are absolutely spot-on.
I know Zidane will want to make the final his day with mesmerising runs and slide-rule passes.

The Italian team on the other hand has been very very mean with their defence.
The only goal conceeded thruout the world cup was an own goal. Can u beat that?
Cannavaro Vs Henry will be delightful to watch.

This match might go into extra-time and penalties but the Italians know better than to allow things run beyond 90 minutes.
Luca Toni and Gilardino will pose an aerial threat to the French defence (Gallas + Thuram +Abidal + Sagnol)-all domestic league winners.
It's going to be feisty but Italy will want to orchestrate another late show in this game.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Swish(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2006
Will be a very tough game 4 France as well as for Italy.

DEFENCE: France 4 me have struggled to keep very tight at the bacl but have been able to hold their lines averagely thus far.
Against Brazil they did well. Against Portugal they well. But against Italy (u parade a healthy number of tough, rugged, and very physical players), France might have thier hands full. But i think they'll be ok cos Italy doesn't boost of much skill in it's front line nso experince should hold Italians out.

Italy on the other had have the best defence so far in this competition(in my books) and France's attack has been blunt when it comes to precision play (amount of accurate crosses into the box and final finishing). So Henry, Ribery, Zizou, Malouda and other player(s) moving forward might often times hit a brick wall.

MIDFIELD: For France, Makelele, in my books, has not had having a very exciting time in that midfield over 90 minutes even Viera has been struggling (NOt the Viera we all know). Zizou has been able shake out those cobwebs in the cloggs of his brilliance and show that " the lion still remains King Of the Jungle" and that "Zidane still remains King of the Midfield).

I[b]taly[/b]'s midfield is full of hardcore hustle with Pirlo, Gattuso, Cambrionesi(solid and the other Gladiators always stamping their authority on the pitch. Omo, It's goona be a real "Battle". Experience will again be the key for France if they are to stand as part of the "TiTans".

ATTACK: To say the truth, Ribery has been a revelation in this World Cup. Causing problems 4 oppsing teams just to get supplies over 2 Thierry Henry. Malouda, ummm, ,has pontential but sometimes doesn't make quick decision when on the flanks but he's a Good Utility player.Zizou is going to a major component of the Les Bleus assaualt mechanism.

Men! Those two goals against Germany (one touch) sent chills down my spine. You give them any small sspace and they'll spank u real good. Girladino, Toni and Del piero with support from Totti will be a very troublesome bunch for France to handle.

SUMMARY: As a whole, France will carry the day. It will be very tough for them but they'll win. "ALLER LES BLUES"
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by under18(f): 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2006
yes vive la france hors de combat Italia
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by c0dec(m): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2006
Swish:

I[b]taly[/b]'s midfield is full of hardcore hustle with Pirlo, Gattuso, Cambrionesi.

who are you? it's camoranesi and dont u forget it.

Quartet in Golden Ball hunt Thursday 6 July, 2006
Four of Italy’s World Cup squad are included in a 10-man shortlist to win the Player of the Tournament award.
Gigi Buffon, Fabio Cannavaro, Andrea Pirlo and Gianluca Zambrotta have been selected by FIFA’s Technical Study Group for the 2006 Adidas Golden Ball race.
Of the six other candidates, three of them have past or present Serie A experience – with Juventus – in the form of Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira of France.
German heroes Michael Ballack and Miroslav Klose make up the others with Portugal midfielder Maniche.
While the winner will be handed the Golden Ball, a Silver and Bronze Ball will be assigned to those players who come in second and third place.
In the Young Player category, the shortlist is made up of Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Valencia of Ecuador, Argentina’s Lionel Messi, German Lukas Podolski, Tranquillo Barnetta of Switzerland and Spain’s Cesc Fabregas.

FORZA JUVE! FORZA ITALIA!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by retro(f): 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2006
Vive la France!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by amodu(m): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2006
Les Blues.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by shantell(f): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2006
go france!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by sage(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2006
Italy 4 sure, despite Nesta's unavailability. Nesta and Cannavaro ( a ten yr patnership) blended very well in the early stages of the world cup esp against Ghana.

But all said and done Italy. Pirlo is something else, Cannavaro and the defense in general have been more than outstanding, Buffon is a spirit. we will see sha
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Shagari2(m): 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2006
I love France and I hope to God that they win but som'n tells me that Italy will be too strong on the day, I think Italy are going to win cry
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by kitaun(m): 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2006
every mad man,every sane sou knows that france will win this world cup having come this far,so what is the poll about grin
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by mukina2: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
les bleus will win off course

2everyone watch history repeat again wink
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by seunfolake(f): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2006
I CANT just say which team will win,maches in this on going world are so difficult to predict.u might predict that a team will win on paper but getting on the field things will turn around even at the dime minutes.

after all neither of the 2 countries is from africa.i will just say the best side should carry the day.but for france to stop the samba boys from winning the world cup,i believe dey have wat it takes to lift the cup

and for the italians too defeating the host right in the presence of the german president and on their home soil.i think dey mean serious business,u can now see why it s so difficult to predict. cheers!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Jalal(m): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2006
France all the way!!!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Owoayo(m): 11:50pm On Jul 06, 2006
France is winning.

France 2 0 Italy
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Snoop001(m): 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2006
Italia is going to win for sure.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by elastic(m): 12:16am On Jul 07, 2006
france is jst going to win by all means amen
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by superman(m): 2:56am On Jul 07, 2006
well like it or not the oracle has spoken! the only differnce is i dnt play pool!! money to be made rite there. henry vah vah vooooooooooooooooooooo!! lets go france!!

hip hip hip france got their hands on dat cup !! haters im only human like u well i still got love for yall !! hope yall will still give and take emmm i mean recognise herny when he strike!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by shango(m): 5:32am On Jul 07, 2006
I am rooting for France, but the greasballs will demolish france
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 5:46am On Jul 07, 2006
France for Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

Shagari, shango, and snoop, don't curse France oh. Please have little faith
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2006
Does anybody here know that Italy aint conceeded a goal yet?? undecided
Ok, who's that shouting that they have?
Y'all know it was an own goal, a very bizarre one at that,
Buffy was waiting for the guy to clear the ball, and he did. . . . inside his net,
'part from that nobody has been giving a privilege to do that.
Like i said before, the only way france can win that cup, is if FIFA permit them to carry the ball and hide in their jerseys and run into goal. Thats all folks. . . grin
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by toshmann(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2006
ALLEZ LES BLEUS

FORZA D'AZZURIS

all of them na blue grin grin

it is a blue year

but france should win wink
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by lordimpaq(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2006
france
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Chxta(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2006
At the risk of sounding generic. . .

FORZA ITALIA!!!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Seun(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2006
I support France. I don't know any Italian player, but I know Thierry Henry and Zidane.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Chxta(m): 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2006
How many footballers do you know?
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by lordimpaq(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2006
chxta, you should go and cover your head, when juve is in serie C  grin
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by lordimpaq(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2006
i just saw this i thot u guys should take a look at it,
ronaldo is in trouble
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by djcrucifix(m): 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2006
GO FRANCE!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2006
Rooney should go wallow in hell for all i care,
thats shitty crap,

C R A P!!!!! angry angry
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by menike(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2006
Ma Apologies but I gat to say Guys , I told y'all my Album is done n' waitin' for the 25th of the Month
So I decided to leave y'all wit some sh*t from me

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks1

There's a link to ma' new Joint wit Lil'Wayne "I made Bling Bling"
Two Five ft. Lil Wayne "I made Bling Bling"

So Fu*k y'all haters tryin' fu*k wit menike plz don't do that

I also caused out a Nairaland member wit it (Big Shishi or Sushi)
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Chxta(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2006
lordimpaq:

chxta, you should go and cover your head, when juve is in serie C grin
Ol' boy no wonda dem ban u, wich kain piksho bi dis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mfon Udoka Celebrates Her 41st Birthday Today / Victor Moses Joins Liverpool On Loan / Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.