Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It (4252 Views)

Throwback Test: How Many Of These Screenshots/Videos Do You Remember? / If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? / Remember these R&B, Soul and Hiphop tunes/artistes of the 90s? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by mooretes: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2008
Dunno wot topic to put on this one as its kindda tricky.

Was just thinking today o! Remember all those songs Nigeria used to compose for things
like independence, i think the festac stuff,  to be honest, i think i was quite likttle and can't really tell
how d songs were sang though still have the tune and to a certain extent, i remember some lyrics
so here is one for when Nigeria was 25,

Nigeria is 25,
bla bla bla ,  survive
come join the celebration
rise salute the nation
people united will never fall
the sunshine and the rain will fall
bla bla bla,
can't remember the rest o,  and i really liked the song

or i think this was for festac im not too sure
it goes,

i like am, o yes!
me i like my country, I like the land of people
everything e dey for Nigeria, make we join hands to make Nigeria greater

anyone who remembers and wants to fill in the blanks please help
Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by Temin(m): 1:19am On Sep 13, 2008
Nigeria is 25
We all have to survive
Arise salute the Nation
Come Join the Celebration
People United will never fall
The Sun will rise and the rain shall fall
************************ Bla Bla
arise salute the Nation
Come Joing the Celebration
Nigeria is 25
Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by Temin(m): 1:24am On Sep 13, 2008
Me I like my country
I like the land of people
everything e dey for Nigeria,
make we join hands to make Nigeria greater
I like am o o o

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by rasmur5: 7:03am On Sep 24, 2008
The song is from nigeria's 25th Independence anniversary in 1985. Don't recall clearly now, might have been Sunny Okosun.

Nigeria is 25
The odds we did survive
Arise salute the nation
Come join the celebration
A people united will never fall
The sun will shine and the rain will fall
On our land vast and mighty
Richly blessed by the Almighty
Like bees in a hive
We work so hard
To make the honey flow
But not without the use of the hoe, hoe, hoe

Arise salute the nation
Come join the celebration
Nigeria is 25, Nigeria is 25
Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by Simplykay(f): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
I like the 'everything e dey for Nigeria' song. Been looking for where to download it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by ozimthelyahoo: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2014
Temin: Me I like my country
I like am o o o

God bless this country
wetin person want wey e no dey
fish dey inside sea yanfu
rain oo, all day
scratch ground small you find oil
gold, gold and precious stone
and the thing wey other country dem dey find
we get am
Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by desq9584: 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
Temin:
Me I like my country
I like am o o o
Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by kinglarryjp: 7:01pm On May 04, 2019
I don't know if there are music inclined people here, but I'd like to get the choral musical score of this song "Me I like my country, I like the land and people, everything dey for Nigeria..."

If anyone has it, I'd be really glad if you can share.
Re: Do You Remember These Songs? Whats your Tot On It by popupmotion: 11:32am On May 05, 2019
wow like minded even here

(1) (Reply)

[music] Mr Benson – Bitcoins (prod By Shocker) / Owning A Radio Station / Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.