Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,049 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

V_ray Forum - Art, Graphics & Video (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / V_ray Forum (39168 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: V_ray Forum by dblock(m): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2009

Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 10:48am On Dec 11, 2009
dblock were u the one that did these.I saw it on cgarchitect.com asking for some help.If u are a member of cgarchitect.com then u should be able to get help on interiors there.Lighting is the most important aspect of rendering,once u get this right,the materials and finishing will fall in place.This link might also be helpful http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150SP1/tutorials_interior.htm   Everything u ll need to learn about vray can be gotten from   spot3d.com, vrayelite.com and evermotion.org
Re: V_ray Forum by dblock(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yeah it was me, that did it, and Yeah I psted it in cg arch as well.

ahhh thanks bro,
btw i have one other problem.

Are you any good with Vray environments, like how do you create your sky, background etc

Is there a good tutorial explaining step by step how to change the environment for example using HDR and what settings to use?
Re: V_ray Forum by 9tLecturer: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
@dblock

for outdoor lighting, sometimes it's good to use vray skylight to get realistic outdoor lighting, but i will find out and get back to you.

well, let's get to your problem first. to create a background and sky, you have a use an image that match your models with a sky and a background.

then map the image to a plane mesh and place right behind the model, adjust your angle to match your shot, there you have a background cheesy.

i will try out some GI settings and tell you what best to use.

you can also check out graphicspalace.com, i saw a guy that posted some tips and tricks on creating interior and exteriors design using Vray and studio max wink
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2009
Yea,there are some sites that have the such tutorials but i cant remember them now.I ll take time when i m less busy to look for them and paste it.There are many ways u can handle environment.

1.U can use vray skylight with vraysun,it gives physically accurate results but it takes some time to get used to the settings.Use it with vray physical camera so u can adjust the image output.U can then create a plane at the back to map your background(if u dont want the vray sky to show in your rendering).U can also leave the vray skylight without covering it with a plane(good for animations) but u have to make it look real by bringing down the brighness(of the vray sun and sky) value to about 0.005 and the turbidity to about 10(its not definite,u have to do a lot of tweaking).

The sun should be placed such that the shadows give contrast.If u put the sun directly from the camera view,the image will look flat.Just play around till u get some interesting shadows.

2.U can use the standard max environment with vray sun and still follow the process above.ie press 8 and browse for a map to put in the map slot.in this case u dont have to use a plane to cover the background.U can use hdri map to for the environment an reflection slots and just do some adjustments to get what u want.The hdri u use should complement the tone and materials used in the image else u can leave the environment slot blank and just put it on the reflection slot.U should have quite a number of hdri maps so u can chose from them the one that best suits your work.

3.U can create a big dome over your model by making a sphere and on the modify panel make the hemisphere 0.5.This creates a semi dome.Clone the semidome and click on copy(not instance).Scale the copied dome down a little and subtract it from the bigger dome.This forms your skylight afer u apply vray light material on it.Play with the multiply parameter till u get what u want.U can add a  vray light inside the dome to act as the sun.A small vray light will give u harder shadows than a big vray light will.U can also use direct lights for the sun

There are more ways to handle environments but they are derivatives of the first and the third option
U just have to do a lot tweaking for the environment to come out as u want.But these form the basis.
Re: V_ray Forum by dblock(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2009
I don't know where to find those settings.

Here is the default settings I am using.

Vray/Sketchup

Where do I find all those settings you are talking about

Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2010
Happy new year to all vray fans.It seems we ve all gone to sleep.dblock i dont think u should worry too much about settings,just try to get your lighting and materials right,then u can play with the various settings.I start the year by droping the perspective of a project  i m currently working on.

Re: V_ray Forum by ndgfx(m): 5:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
OKay,
i need like some settings for my vRAY 1, 5 sp3 for max 2k10. It renders like a bitch and it's rilly slow.
Please anyone with faster settings.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2010
whats ur system specification,u can also post the image of some of ur settings do we ll have an idea of where u r going wrong
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
U can use the preset settings for your test renders,tweak the settings when u want to do your final render(press f10 and adjust the noise threshold,irradiance map,light cache etc) till u get what u want.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2010
just go to spot3d.com for vray settings
Re: V_ray Forum by ndgfx(m): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2010
@Behind
Thanx for your help. Apparently, as soon as i posted my last post i went to spot 3d and downloaded the entire site. I used one of the settings i found there and this is the result. I found that the render was better, ways better than my render in brazil. I'm using an Intel core 2 Duo on win7 with 4GB of ram.

However pls note the time-stamp.

Re: V_ray Forum by zPixel(m): 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2010
@nd.gfx
wat! shocked 15hrs to render.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2010
There must be something basically wrong with ur system, this sort of rendering ordinarily should not take more than 3-5minutes on a system with ur specs depending on the speed.u can try to get a computer engineer to check out ur system.
Re: V_ray Forum by zPixel(m): 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
This is the reason we shouldn't just copy settings from the internet without understanding why we're adjust what&what. I believe its easier to understand the parameters than having to sit and wait for renders.
Re: V_ray Forum by melvi: 6:50pm On Jan 29, 2010
@Behind bobo

Nice render.I take that from ur post it is a WIP render.Would love to see the finished piece.Everything is looking good so far.
Re: V_ray Forum by reactor: 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
15 hours oh boy nepa try for u oh grin
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 11:02am On Jan 30, 2010
i only used spot3d.com to understand vray as that is vray's official website.i was only helping out and personally dont use the preset rendering settings there as i understand vray and have my personalised settings.of course its better to understand the settings than copying without understanding
Re: V_ray Forum by xothermik(m): 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2010
i am not preponderantly a v ray guy yet but i think the top rendering engines hav some basics in common and in mental ray i know you cant just bank on copying settings meant for another scene to just any scene because even things like the scale of the models in relation to the scene and lights can make a little to a gargantuan difference to the result. you might get lucky sometimes but yeah like i usually say if you rely on presets then u are certainly preparing your own c.g grave.
Re: V_ray Forum by ndgfx(m): 6:24am On Jan 31, 2010
IMAO grin cheesy wink grin

But Hey, 4 real now, common. I'm a tadpole in this ocean. Gimme some space to swim amiss. smiley

@reactor
Yep, and no. I renderd this in school.

@zpixel
smiley. Okay now that you are here, tips please? *on my knees begging*

@Behind
appreciating the help

This is the same render. codename 47 helped me tweak a few settings from my original and here's the result. Mind you, i'm not a full time vray user. Yet. I used brazil to render this scene and it came in 12mins. I used vray to check out quality difference and well, i like it.

safe yáll and thanx for the comp.

IMAO: 15hrs, when i'm not disney pixar grin

Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2010
u can send the file to lakezee2k@yahoo.com.delete the lights and leave the camera,u can also zip it with winrar to reduce the file size.it s possible your settings make the render slow as u said it rendered in 12 minutes with brazil.just make sure the file size is less then 10 mb before sending it.
Re: V_ray Forum by ndgfx(m): 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2010
@Behind.
I'll do that as soon as i'm done with the modelling. thanx for the assist.
Re: V_ray Forum by CGKing(m): 12:41am On Feb 17, 2010
Great guys. I just got the vray engine from a friend, sucks its coming now when the thread is heading to her grave.
Anyways, im saying goodbye to mental ray and max, and welcome to maya and vray with this max and mray image.

Re: V_ray Forum by justkunmi(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
wow.
nice.images. .

does.anyone.use.revit.with.vray.here?
Re: V_ray Forum by reactor: 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ cg king i dont think you need vray with your skills in m ray undecided
Re: V_ray Forum by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2010
Very impressive
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2010
@cg king,nice
@reactor,why do u think he doesnt need vray,if this can be done within a short period of getting vray, dont u think it ll be very good if he can master vray has he did with mental ray?
@justkunmi, i use revit with vray,why do u ask.
Re: V_ray Forum by reactor: 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2010
Behind bobo:

@reactor,why do u think he doesnt need vray,if this can be done within a short period of getting vray, dont u think it ll be very good if he can master vray has he did with mental ray?

i rally hav nothing gainst vray but i think he said he did it with mental ray and not v ray and i've seen a lot of crappy well not too good v ray stuffs around hence my response.

CGKing:

im saying goodbye to mental ray and max, and welcome to maya and vray with this max and mray image.

but hey its a free world man. just render your life.
Re: V_ray Forum by CGKing(m): 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2010
Many thanks Behind bobo.

My challenge with mental ray is that is comes out with noise. Sometimes these noise may not be visible to the eye if you dont observe carefully.
But Vray renders any work realistically, it has this organic feel, bluish tint and seems to realistically represent real world phenomena, shadow control, color, lighting, contrast, etc. I have studied the differences so much i can tell an image rendered with mray from one rendered in vray.

Still searching for vray tutorials
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2010
@ reactor i get what u mean,there was a mistake with the mray cos i guess cg king didnt want to give up his"M".And u know getting it right in vray requires some skills which might take time to mature,the scrappy renderings attest to that.

@ cg king,i think its more of practise to get what suits u than following any tutorial,as different people have different ways of handling lighting which i think is the most important factor in rendering.
Re: V_ray Forum by oduz: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
Kudos 4 cool presentations  cool
Re: V_ray Forum by codename47(m): 6:41pm On Feb 28, 2010
Max+vray+photoshop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Anthony Ezeanyika Chibuzor, The Currency Artist (Photos) / Artist, Oresegun Olumide Wedding Photos / A Nairalander's Photo-realistic Drawing Of Zlatan Ibrahimovic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.