Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

SSS Invades Channels Tv - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Invades Channels Tv (8911 Views)

Again, Saraki’s Supporters Invades CCT Trial, Demands Fairness Of Trial [PHOTOS] / Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Invades Channels Tv by shamass77(m): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2008
BREAKING NEWS::::::

EMERGING DICTATOR? Yaradua Sends SSS TO INVADE MEDIA HOUSE. Chanels Television Lagos and Abuja office sealed up by Armed Men from State Security Service
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by tosinadeda: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
that the reward for false info
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by c33b33(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2008
how can we verify this news?abeg put link
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by obiem(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2008
So sad, we have gone back to our dark days!

This is what i call ''milicivil'' rule!

Very true http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7620729.stm
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by landis(m): 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
there goes the RULE OF LAW by yaradull.

grin cheesy grin
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by bawomolo(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
omo yaradua must have gotten one of mugabe's kidneys, nigerians be warned cheesy
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by McKren(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2008
bawomolo:

omo yaradua must have gotten one of mugabe's kidneys, nigerians be warned cheesy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFLMAO

I love this joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by femzy(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2008
bawomolo:

grin ;DVery funny and possible assumption, But you sef no carry rumor ooo or else dem fit come carry you ooo, grin grin grin grin
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by ssRhino: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
Lol, instead of the dude to spend his energy to develop Nija, na TV station him dey shut, yeye baba slow.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nigeria10: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2008
That funny, what the big deal about them saying he want to resign. I think i read that many times in nigeria newspaper. So what the big deal. One time nigeria newspaper claim he was dead. So here is my question would George Bush close down a television station in the USA over a story that George want to resign. NO, 

What is going on, something tell me, channel has some information the government do not want to go on air. what is that thing? no I want to know.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by agaba123(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2008
bawomolo:

o my gawddddd eeee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I really laughed . . . .
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2008
BREAKING NEWS: The Abacha in Yar'adua Kicks In, NBC Revokes Channels TV Broadcast Licence.

Last View on Wed 17th September, 2008
Last Modified on Wed 17th September, 2008 11:35:43 am
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
The federal government of Nigeria through its broadcast media regulatory agency, the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has revoked the operating licence of Nigeria's foremost private Television station, Channels TV.

A Press release signed by one Engineer Yomi Bolarinwa reads:

The National Broadcasting Commission in consonance with the provisions of paragraph 8(d) of the Third Schedule of the NBC Act No. 38 of 1992 (as amended) and paragraph 13.3.3.1 (g) of the national Broadcasting Commission Code, which states:

A licence may be revoked by the commission in the following cases that is :- where in the opinion of the Commission , the station has been used in a manner detrimental to national interest,

The Commission shall revoke a licence where a broadcast station commits any of the under-listed offences:- where the licensee broadcasts information immediately leading, or likely to lead, to a breakdown of law and order in the country.

In furtherance to the above, following the News Broadcast of 2. 00 pm on the 16th of September 2008 by Channels Television, the National Broadcasting Commission hereby invokes the law and suspends with immediate effect the operations of Channels Television in all locations in Nigeria.

This action is without prejudice to any further action that may be taken by the National Broadcasting Commission as investigation is on going.

Signed
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2008
bawomolo:

ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Afam(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
Dictatorship ke? There is a difference between freedom of speech and careless journalism that could cause havoc in any nation.

Based on the rumour instability could arise as many Northerners are already talking about making sure that the North does not lose out should Yar'adua go as they have a slot that must be filled.

So, for Channels to air such serious issues based on unverified information then the TV station deserves to be sanctioned.

The other time we were told that Ibori's plane was found somewhere in West Africa and the papers made a lot of money selling trash to unsuspecting Nigerians.

Our media houses should wake up to responsible journalism, enough of the lies and misinformation that tend to cause problems in Nigeria while they smile to the banks.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by CyberG: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
Lets see how some people think it's a great idea for a station to be closed down because some news was found to be false or not yet out in the open? I am sure for people who read Nigerians news not only from Nigerian papers will find that often times, Nigeria-based media outfits do not publish/air such news until sometimes, weeks later!

In my opinion, this dull drowning fresident (president) really has no clue what to do, but just clutching at straws! So, if some news about the government here is not true, the news outfit gets shut down? What a joke and laughing-stock of a fresident!

I think this fresident has become a push me o' car or tu ke tu ke danfo bus!! grin grin grin.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by McKren(m): 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
When a news organisation report unsubstantiated rumours

What is the punishment?

Government clampdown?? or consumer boycott/ridicule?
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2008
It is definitely a bad move on the side of the government. The press should have freedom, no matter how irresponsible. There are other ways to deal with issues such as this. The Government’s duty is to uphold the law and not use it’s power to intimidate.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by agaba123(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2008
It is dumb to broadcast such sensitive news without verifying with NAN who they supposedly got the info from.
May be closure may not be the best but anything is good for laissez-faire outfit.
Everything is not entertainment. I somehow support the closure. If they lose some quid, next time they will verify information before spitting rubbish.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by McKren(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2008
President Yar'adua's Government is simply imploding

The creation of Niger-Delta Ministry and the "Oil war" has not shifted the Nation's attention from his lack lustre attitude to gorvenance.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by diggler(m): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2008
Either way, from my view both sides overdid it.

Channels for Unprofessional, Rupert Murdoch inspired journalism which large segments of our society are incapable of handling.
The Governement & its agencies for their usual approach of killing a fly with a Bazooka.

Not that i'm defending yar adua in any way, but u wont be surprised in a few days when Mr Adeniyi will come out to dissociate d president from d closure
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Arnold1(m): 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2008
McKren:

President Yar'adua's Government is simply imploding

The creation of Niger-Delta Ministry and the "Oil war" has not shifted the Nation's attention from his lack lustre attitude to gorvenance.

Good point.

The ajaokuta concessioning that was cancelled - What is the status of it now ?

The Nitel sale that was cancelled - What is the status of it now ?

The power probe and NIPP projects - What is the status of it now ?

The Tinapa problem with customs - What is the status of it now ?

The state of emergency that Yar'adua said he'll declare on the power sector - What is the status of it now ?

It is Channels tv that they are worried about

Yar'Adua's govt has its priorities totally misplaced.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by 2sleek2NV(m): 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2008
y una Think say dem no approve FREEDOM OF INFO BILL
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ Topic

Its unfortunate that Nigerians will continue to suffer unjustly from the so called leaders.

Did Channels originated the news?

Was it not traced back to NAN?

So? why close channels. Everywhere world over, media have unconfirm reports.

Its a pity. One step forward, ten backward angry angry angry
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2008
And for the SSS, they are shameless angry angry angry

They should go after the HACKERS not Channels

Shameless goats angry angry angry angry
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by TheSly: 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
George Bush close down a television station in the USA over a story that George want to resign
It can only happen in Nigeria hombre. . . . . . cheesy
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2008
Im angry wth this development. They want to throw the Channels staff into labour market angry angry

Since they assummed governance, how many jobs have they created

This is a wicked government laden wth anti people policies and programmes.

Who should be banned Channels or Yaradua who left his duty post for 17 days for lesser hajj

and till today cannot tell Nigerians what happened.  angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by tombola: 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2008
all of you are imbeciles, that is the result of stupid journalism and carrying false news items. Who told Channels that Yar Adua will resign as the President of Nigeria? Cant they verify the story before going to air like that? and you all stay here blaming the government.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by TheSly: 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2008
tombola:

all of you are imbeciles, that is the result of stupid journalism and carrying false news items. Who told Channels that Yar Adua will resign as the President of Nigeria? Cant they verify the story before going to air like that? and you all stay here blaming the government.
Bwoi chill wid these insults.
A bone-head in CNN also reported that HIV/Aids emanated from Africa, Did they verify that too?
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ Tombola

who are imbeciles? Stop exhibiting your ignorance in public. If u dont understand how things work, u better ask.

Do you knw there is provision for unconfirmed reports. CNN, BBC, SKY etc all air unconfirmed reports. Who bans them?

Now, Channels got the news item from NAN's online service. Who placed the news their?
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by agaba123(m): 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
Did they call NAN to verify?
unconfirmed report? Why not call to verify knowing that someone can easily  fill in any e-mail as the sender.
In as much as I think closure may not be the best idea, there action was irressponsible.
The broadcasting commision should have slammed them with fine which would have been the better option here, and after paying the fine, they could have as well closed shop.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
Whatever, I just know that withthis type of actions, Nigeria never start. Unfortunate.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by bawomolo(m): 12:07am On Sep 18, 2008
lots of news agencies air reports from "inside" sources and nothing happens to them. this is obviously an overreaction. anyway baba go slow seems to have been supercharged in saudi-arabia. now can he do some real work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Exposed: See The Dss Operative Who Tried To Kill Sowore In The Court Room / He Incited People To Loot, Now He's Being Looted. Laws Of Karma. Tweets. / PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.