Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

A Player's Family knows? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Player's Family knows? (1579 Views)

20 Signs He Is Definitely A Player / Difference Between A Boy, A Player And A Man In A Relationship. / How Can You Tell If A Guy Is A Player Or A Lady Is A Flirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Player's Family knows? by topup: 12:07am On Sep 17, 2008
Just wondering, are sisters and brothers of a player usually aware that their sibling is breaking hearts? Imagine if your 22 year old brother who is reasonably good looking has never mentioned a girlfriend, yet he parties a lot, drinks and smokes?
Re: A Player's Family knows? by nguage(m): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2008
My Dad is proud of his son. My mom is happy I dumped you so she doesn't see me as a player, she sees you as a bitch.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by dyabman(m): 12:11am On Sep 17, 2008
topup:

Just wondering, are sisters and brothers of a player usually aware that their sibling is breaking hearts? Imagine if your 22 year old brother who is reasonably good looking has never mentioned a girlfriend, yet he parties a lot, drinks and smokes?

nothing do dem
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Hannibal: 12:15am On Sep 17, 2008
topup:

A player is LESS GUILTY than the chic that got played in ma opinion.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by dyabman(m): 12:19am On Sep 17, 2008
Hannibal:

kinda
Re: A Player's Family knows? by k1banty(m): 12:22am On Sep 17, 2008
a player's family has got nothing to do in a player's life.

It is his life and he should enjoy more fun until the time comes for him to take up his responsibilities as a man, a husband and a father.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by tRoOE(f): 12:52am On Sep 17, 2008
[size=13pt] @topic
My own family does not support things like that
Momsi always tell us **Spread your wings***
but be wise about the decision we make
That doesn't mean you should start acting like a hoe/player around town

@men comment

Birds of the same feathers flocks together!!!!!!!Shio
***Hissing and walking out of the thread
[/size]
Re: A Player's Family knows? by onyinye2(f): 12:57am On Sep 17, 2008
tRoOE:

Birds of the same feathers flocks together.
"E zuo ka a ra eli udene kalu-nka, a totuo ngiga."
Re: A Player's Family knows? by tRoOE(f): 1:02am On Sep 17, 2008
Abeg translate jare grin
Re: A Player's Family knows? by onyinye2(f): 1:21am On Sep 17, 2008
tRoOE:

Abeg translate jare grin
You translated for me!!! grin
It means "Birds of the same feathers, flocks together"
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 2:34am On Sep 17, 2008
I am surprised by the replies, maybe a lot of Nigerians live secluded from their families, but I knew a guy who was extremely close to his sister, but he was a player, I dumped him when I found out that he was not serious. His sister might think that I wasn't the serious one, but only if she didn't know her brother. I've asked some of my friends and they believe that siblings are aware especially close ones, when a guy who is young and reasonably good-looking who never talks about one girl, but he parties a lot and his friends are the ones who openly talk about 'preys' and 'making a catch tonight'. She must know, she is his best friend, his confidant - he'd told me. She probably turned a blind eye to it all saying that 'boys will be boys'.

I think that usually, the siblings will know if they are close, but maybe the double life may be sustained if the siblings are not close.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by nguage(m): 2:40am On Sep 17, 2008
topup:

I am surprised by the replies, maybe a lot of Nigerians live secluded from their families, but I knew a guy who was extremely close to his sister, but he was a player, I dumped him when I found out that he was not serious. His sister might think that I wasn't the serious one, but only if she didn't know her brother. I've asked some of my friends and they believe that siblings are aware especially close ones, when a guy who is young and reasonably good-looking who never talks about one girl, but he parties a lot and his friends are the ones who openly talk about 'preys' and 'making a catch tonight'. She must know, she is his best friend, his confidant - he'D told me. She probably turned a blind eye to it all saying that 'boys will be boys'.

I think that usually, the siblings will know if they are close, but maybe the double life may be sustained if the siblings are not close.

I wasn't serious with you because you weren't wifey material. We did all kinds of knky stuffs on that night I picked you up, and you still expected me to be serious. GTFOH
Re: A Player's Family knows? by tRoOE(f): 2:50am On Sep 17, 2008
[size=13pt]@topup
Majority the sibling knows what is going on
but what do you expect them to done?Caution him/her

@onyinye2
Iight gotch ya
[/size]
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 3:01am On Sep 17, 2008
n-guage:

I wasn't serious with you because you weren't wifey material. We did all kinds of knky stuffs on that night I picked you up, and you still expected me to be serious. GTFOH

The 'yous' are creeping me out.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by bigboyslim(m): 3:05am On Sep 17, 2008
n-guage:

n-guage, can you go a lil bit easy on the sister. for all you care she doesn't date New Yorkers so why are you making noise.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 5:37am On Sep 17, 2008
bigboyslim:

n-guage, can you go a little bit easy on the sister. for all you care she doesn't date New Yorkers so why are you making noise.

lol

Hannibal:

Explain . . . (before I attack!)
Re: A Player's Family knows? by iice(f): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2008

Kidding right? So he has to have a gf for him to not be a player?
If he has vices that makes him a player?

ok my definition is prolly different
But what you describe is normal for guys especially younger ones.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by sistawoman: 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2008
ok both of my brothers were players, where do you think i learned the ropes. Anyway I knew what they were doing with the girls and often ran interference between them.

If they needed money wired or given to girls to get rid of a baby or whatever i would be the middle person. I was the person that often times helped them break up or provided albis for where they were.
W/O the devoted sista sometimes these brothers of ours cant do what they do.

Does that mean i approved? Not all the time. Did I caution them? Hell yea. Did I feel sorry sometimes for the girls? Most times I did.

But it was a game. And my brothers were playing it to the best of thier abilites. It is not my job to help these girls but to help my brothers. So during that time in thier lives my r/s with these women was simply to get on thier good sides and move them in the direction my brother wanted them to move. Sometimes when they were tired of a girl i would convince the girl to break up with my brother. Or i would convince a girl to take a back seat role in his life and deal with other women being around my brother. I have had to drag women out of thier houses cuz they dont cut a fool and started acting stupid and jelous.

The things i have seen women do and say for "love" for my playa brothers really is sad and funny too. I have watched these women play themselves then get mad at the men for playing them.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by tope2000(f): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
n-guage:

why are u chattin sh.it angry
Re: A Player's Family knows? by jaybee3(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
tope2000 tun ti de ibi
Re: A Player's Family knows? by tope2000(f): 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2008
lol grin
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Hannibal: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2008
topup:

Explain . . . (before I attack!)

Players are easy to spot BUT women ignore the alarm bells and still forge ahead to date them.
When u stick ur hand in fire and get BURNT, don't complain. grin cheesy
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 4:07am On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

Players are easy to spot BUT women ignore the alarm bells and still forge ahead to date them.
When u stick your hand in fire and get BURNT, don't complain. grin cheesy

Not always, but they tend to have shadows, areas where you can't quite make sense or understand how the story fits together. Can you give some clues as to how to watch out for players, yes the obvious ones like, where you meet him, and how he picks you up, I need the really hard to detect ones. Sharing is caring, so SHARE!! cheesy

Sistawoman I am shocked!! Ok, I guess maybe because I have only witnessed such events from the side of the girl being played who wasn't a player herself I feel a little hurt that a fellow woman can stand back and watch whilst it happens. I shudder to think that my brother's sister is laughing with him when I dumped him, telling him, he wasted his time on me and should move on to the next pray. I shudder, brrrrr.
I was talking to a friend about it and she told me that she didn't know what to do really, the loyalty lies with your sibling, and they have a control on you in which even though what they're doing is wrong, you can almost sympathise with them and see their point of view. Lastly, I always thought if she was so close to her brother why didn't she confront him about it, and she said that it was none of her business. I believe the actual relationships is none of her business, but helping to mould her brother into a more responsible young man is HER business, not her job, but she should at least attempt.

Another point is that what goes around comes around, have you not been played sistawoman? Do you know how badly you wished someone told you, and imagine how dissapointed you would be knowing that the sister of the player, through loyalty, watched you be led into the lion's den and did nothing to warn you.

I understand you led the girls in the 'right' direction, in order to make things less painful and at the same time easier to manage at the same time. That redeems you tongue

iice, yeah, to be honest, those aren't the ways of knowing if a guy is a player or not, all I mean is that, a girl's outgoing brother, who's friends are players, who attends a lot of parties and has a large group of friends, has never once mentioned a girlfriend, mind you the two of them are really close, he mentions no girl, no relationship, but just by knowing him, you know that he is sexually active. Player or not? She would know right?
Re: A Player's Family knows? by iice(f): 4:44am On Sep 18, 2008
topup:

iice, yeah, to be honest, those aren't the ways of knowing if a guy is a player or not, all I mean is that, a girl's outgoing brother, who's friends are players, who attends a lot of parties and has a large group of friends, has never once mentioned a girlfriend, mind you the two of them are really close, he mentions no girl, no relationship, but just by knowing him, you know that he is sexually active. Player or not? She would know right?

Then i'D say my baby bro is a player cool
Re: A Player's Family knows? by opsydudu(m): 5:03am On Sep 18, 2008
thumbs up to all the players on this forum

and for all player haters
kiss my dumb ass grin cool
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2008
[quote][/quote]Momsi always tell us **Spread your wings***

Don't you mean "spread your legs"

And it is "birds of a feather flock together" not "birds of the same feather flock together"
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Hannibal: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2008
topup:

Not always, but they tend to have shadows, areas where you can't quite make sense or understand how the story fits together. Can you give some clues as to how to watch out for players, yes the obvious ones like, where you meet him, and how he picks you up, I need the really hard to detect ones. Sharing is caring, so SHARE!! cheesy

You'd pay consultation fees, agreed??
Re: A Player's Family knows? by sistawoman: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2008
@ topup

I was not until i was played that I myself turned into a player. I really did in private jump on my brothers and tell them what they were doing was wrong. And I knew that these girls were going to get hurt in the end. My brothers are both very handsome, well to do and know how to romance the hell out of these women.

For the dumb ass ones that allowed them to video tape them, talk them into threesomes, foursomes and orgies those ghetto birds i had not symthoy for. They got what was coming to them for being so dam dince.

The problem was this is my brother, blood is thicker than water, and these are outside women. Women that they will never marry, women that wont really be around long, unless they play by the rules, women that they will just shag and forget.

Both brothers are married now and settled with thier families but those days, those were the days. My brothers taught me how to promise the pu,ssy and never give it away but still end up with dudes credit cards, cars, bank account etc. I used to clean them out and leave em. Not that I am proud of my behavior just that i was reacting to being played, vowing to never be played again.

But again i never played anyone until i was played. Most men dont understand women turn bad after they have been hurt. They realize what there is to gain by putting up the walls and playing a mans game.

Yes bash me, hate me, call me what you want but if you want lessons I am here to teach.

Spotting a player is impossible if thier game is tight. Man they will promise you the world and will feed you all the lines. My brothers even got a few from me, asking me what the women wanted to hear. They will build a world in which u will start to believe that he cant be seeing anyone else. Shit one techiquie we used to use is remember to call each girl everyday. he would go thru and check them off to be sure he kept up with each girl. I would help him with the details of thier lives so that he could act as if he cared. he would be running them at about 10 deep at anyone given time.

Both my brothers found thier wives in the women they were playing. These women stood out from the rest and made him throw in his jersery and give up his card.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by izeek(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2008
@SISTAWOMAN,
u say u learnt from your brothers how not to be played.
well in my opinion, u were a product of bad family influence and from ur talks,
i gather u not only got played, but also allowed urself to be branded a name that doesnt fit any befiting lady by outsmarting men out of thie credit cards.
u are in no way better than the guy who u ladies are in a hurry to judge a player.

if you want to know if u have learnt anything reasonable from an experience,
dont let the bad aspect affect ur sense of judgement.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Hannibal: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2008
sistawoman:

Spotting a player is impossible if their game is tight. Man they will promise you the world and will feed you all the lines. My brothers even got a few from me, asking me what the women wanted to hear. They will build a world in which u will start to believe that he can't be seeing anyone else. Shit one techiquie we used to use is remember to call each girl everyday. he would go through and check them off to be sure he kept up with each girl. I would help him with the details of their lives so that he could act as if he cared. he would be running them at about 10 deep at anyone given time.

Spotting a player is the very easy.
Women see these signs but they ignore it thinking it's harmless.
How can it be so hard to spot a playa. . . . . .
Show me a playa's room(i don't even need to see him). . . .Just lemme see what he reads, wears and stuffs and i would tell u what he is about.
Women should open their eyes and read the signs.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by izeek(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2008
not all players can be percieved from thier outward appearance.

i don see guys with innocent look and yet them be heavy player.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2008
sistawoman:

Both my brothers found their wives in the women they were playing. These women stood out from the rest and made him throw in his jersery and give up his card.

Wow, you must have been extremely hurt by that guy, to the point you were able to lose all sympathy for the women 'who deserved to be played' or the women. I don't think it's an excuse to play people because you were once played, I have heard it time and time again, people using it as an excuse, in this case. I believe you are only using it as a reason, the truth behind it.

I don't think it's fair, I think I was played, by my first serious b/f and though I didn't lose anything physically, I lost quite a lot of my heart to it, and I am still trying to restore it, maybe it's different personalities, but my goal is to restore myself to the person I was before I got played, and so I don't intend to change and become a player myself.

Please Sistawoman, you seem to have gone through a lot of heartbreak, please share the things you've learnt with me, with us. . .
I want to know what qualities make a player give up his game.

My theory is that it's not always the woman, it's the time in the player's life, I believe a player who is almost at the top of his game, will not quit no matter what, if his friends are there, cheering him on and he has a rep to hold, but if he has alreayd achieved that title, maybe his friends are getting married or settling down, then the 'fun' in it starts to diminish and he'll slowly start to come around the idea of something meaningful. If lucky, he meets a wonderful girl, and he now is able to go for it again, he has made his point, he can mess with girls, he can boost his ego, but he needs now to fill in the space in his life.

What do you think Sistawoman? How did the women stand out from the rest?

I have seen many guys play my friends, though my friends are well appreciated by many guys, they are great girls and I'm not just saying that, my guy friends constantly try and get with them and they stick to their morals, they don't have flings and have great self-preservation. The girls are smart, ambitious, funny, gorgeous (physically), and yet they have been played.

What is this thing that makes a player stop in his tracks. . .

And man, have I heard that line before 'I knew I'd change once I met the right woman' also tongue, from a player who wasn't in any mind to change but used it to convince my friend to go out with him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Old Should A Couple Court Before Getting Married / The Reason Why The Life Of Most Girls Are Complicated... / Always Available On The Phone Ruins Your Chances With Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.