Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ican - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ican (2327 Views)

Ican Ats Sept 2010 Result Is Out! / ICAN Exam Docket: How Can I Print It? / Ats 3 Ican Pack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ican by larywando(f): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2008
please who knows about ican enlight me please sad
Re: Ican by mayorde(m): 11:34am On Sep 17, 2008
ICAN-means INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA. it is a professional body that conducts exams for people intending to become professional accountants i.e chartered accountant and it issues guidelines and code of conduct by which members in practice must abide with. (in brief)

Presently ICAN exams are in 2 clases per say. The ATS and The Professional Exams. The Accounting Technician Scheme (ATS) is in 3 stages with 4 papers each making a total of 12 papers. This is good for people with 5 o'level credit maths And English COmpulsory. those with OND in accounting are exempted from stages 1&2. while those with OND in Banking & FIn are exempted fro stage 1 and 2 courses in stage 2( pls confirm).

The Graduate of the ATS is refered to as an accounting technician (AAT). he can perform accounting duties for medium enterprises and can effectively assit the chartered accountant in larger firms. simply put the AAT is a middle level professional Accountant.

the ATS result can also be used for direct entry to some universties. the exams are conducted 2wice yearly march and september(the exam is going on right now as i am typing this).

for the profeesional exams there are 5 stages FOUNDATION, Intermediate, PE 1-3. this is ideal for people with first degree or HND in any discipline. go to the intitute seccretariat At ebute-metta opposite denton police station to confirm the which stage(s) you shall be exempted from based on your qualification.other porfessional exams such as cibn, cis etc are also acceptable. if you can lay your hands on the syllabus you will know which stage you shall be exempted from. for accounting graduates from ican accredited schools they start from pe2, while accounting graduates from non accredited schools start from PE1.

visit their website:www.ican-ngr.com for more info.or go to their nearest district office.if you are in lagos go to the one i mentioned earlier.

ICAN is the most respected professional body in the country. she has been conducting leaakproof exams for over 40 years in the country.
you will be glad you joined ican

IF YOU CAN BE A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT-I CAN!
join ican if you can.

my number is 07030614637 if u av further questions.
Re: Ican by larywando(f): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2008
pls where can i get d form and i want u to advise me on wat 2 do i am confusse.
i hav 5 credit and am a science student in school then .
am told d exam is march and dis is sep. i dont know if i should go start d class now if i would catch up.
please advice me.
Re: Ican by mayorde(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2008
are u here- make we talk ooo
Re: Ican by warzy: 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2010
I AM A NEW MEMBER IN THIS INSTITUTE. AFTER FILLING THE ONLINE FORM ON THE INTERNET I MADE A MISTAKE WRITING MY NAME AGAIN AS THE REFEREE. I TRIED TO EDIT THIS ERROR, BUT NOT POSSIBLE. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO .
I AM ON 08031918393
Re: Ican by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2011
pls how can i get 2010 ican pe1 diet questions. i reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly need it. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Pls, I Need Help On Chevron, Elf, Agip, Mobile Scholarship. / Please I Need Information About Oodua/odudduwa University Admision / Imt Post Ume Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.