Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:15 PM

3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call - Art, Graphics & Video (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call (29277 Views)

My 3D Graphic Photos / 2D And 3D Graphic Animation. / Info For Training On 3d/graphic Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2009
resichild:

@kemji
no offense to u but i really dont like the way u talk about my project. U keep talking about my commitment but seem to forget that for the past three or four weeks iv been trying to get my people to work and there has been no response. All uv done consequently is challenge me even to an animation duel, cheesy . All im saying is now iv gne solo and its gonna take more time for results. I'm learning a new software package and everyone else out there knows thats not easy so pls my 2D maestro, cut me some slack all rite

@resichild
Man, I'm just trying to give you a much needed "fire under your @$$"! You started out great, good team, concepts and all. Somehow it's falling apart and all you can complain about is "the way I talk about YOUR project".

No offense to you too but stop living on your past glory and pick yourself up by your bootstraps!

OKX:

@ kemji
take apheks comments VERY seriously.
animating means 'bringing to life'- thats very different from making a character move!
good going!

Thanks man, but I've already picked Aphek as my unofficial 3D animation adviser! cool I aint seen any of his works yet, but he doesn't have to prove anything cos his advice is top notch! grin

@All
Cheers grin
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 11:30am On Feb 13, 2009
Kemji, Kemji, I like your attitude of "What the hell, I dont owe you anything". The truth is resi has a point, at some point it was like you were challenging him, trying to match your skills with his. You've got to cool down. You are a relative newcomer in the 3d realm so you are better off studying from people and self improvement, not trying to show the Poser images you have conjured up on your PC. Beef up your skills first.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Sojioguns
I see you're always on my case! undecided Hope you're not stalking me angry Anyways, I never challenged resichild. If I wanted that, I'd have opened up a thread to do a graphics battle with him. Since when did criticism translate to challenge? You personally have criticized some of my works in the past and I learnt from them (including the Nuudlz Ztation Design Competition).

Pls stop magnifying my case, I'm just airing my views (no matter how twisted they may seem to anyone). undecided

Thanks grin

@resichild?
What's the next step for your project? Oh you're going solo now? I dunno if that's a better choice.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2009
Your manner of criticism is what I am taking about. Resichild posted test animations and you gave constructive criticism, then you posted your own animations. I don't need a Phd to decipher that you were challenging him.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Sojioguns
Oya O! Oga no vex for me! Maybe I should come to you for lessons in criticism now! It seemed to bug you even more than resichild the way you're thrashing the issue.

You win! No vex!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2009
I dont want to teach u on criticism but if you posted your animation on another thred, the case would have been different.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2009
@sojioguns
thanx, was beginning to think i wasn't getting across to people no more. i really wonder why u guys and i dont meet in some place and really get to business. Well i guess thats the way this messed up life is,

@kemji
Dude, ahhhhhhhh! i really dont know what else to say but "past glory?". wats up wit that? And wen i said solo, i meant i have to forge ahead even as there's no crew backing me up rite now. Really, cut me some slack alrite. U can stick the fire up my pooper as far as it will go wen i DONT perform.

@the rest of ya'll
this the way u guys are gonna play this thing out?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by aphek: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2009
@kemji
Pls calm down. We are all artists and should help and learn from each other. Check the India; some major animation companies in the USA outsource some of their work to India. Why? The artists there are willing to work real hard, share
knowledge and resources. The animation industry there is gradually picking up steam. We could do the same here in 9ja.
Peace man!

@res
Glad to see your post once again. If I may ask, what software package are u tryin to learn?

@OKX
I wish I could join, but I am under constraints.

@all
I wish there is a way we could convert all these arguments into something creative. Time spent on trading blames could be used in discussing ways we can push the animation industry forward. I guess, we could find a way to keep the thread active until something definite comes up from either OKX or reschild. Take kia all and peace.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2009
@aphek
the 3d software is maya but i cant seem to get any version except the PLE editions. I was actually looking for maya 7. Just incase u know where i can download it or get it in Lagos, pls let me know. Working on the priest model, shud post the head later today.

@rest
We still kicking, aint dead yet so no need to bring up alternative gist. Any gist shud be project oriented so that the tiniest of efforts will keep the wheels turning. cool cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:13pm On Feb 15, 2009
Here's the priest head planes. Hope to start&finish the body soon. Its done in max

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2009
@resichild
Now that's more like it. I like seeing some 3d WIP at least - that inspires me. Sorry man about my being bitchy. It's just the lack of postts on this thread that was getting to me. tongue

Keep up the good work, Í'm still ready to assist you in anyway I can, Cheers cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2009
@kemji
Really, u could have fooled anyone. My schedules tite so the next 3D work mite take a while

@aphek
Anything about a Maya download link for Maya 7, anyone?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by aphek: 12:45pm On Feb 17, 2009
@reschild
If you can but type maya on google,
But why maya 7? There most recent version is maya 2009. The current personal Learning edition(PLE) starts from version 8.5.
The sooner you start with the recent versions the better you footing. There are a couple of changes in the UI and if you are familiar with version 7, it can be quite a shock to find out that the interface has been reshuffled when you get the chance to work with recent versions. Peace man!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2009
@resichild
I saw the test animaiton on broadband at last. Not bad. so where are the guys that are supposed to be doing the props and environment? hope I ain't the one stilling the project.
I am coming back on my feet. thanks for your understanding.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2009
@maxani
gud to hear from u.u guys left me out in the rain. anyway, its not u stalling. u explained ur position so i knew but the other peeps, anyway, catch up and lets see where we go from here. welcome bak
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Gamine(f): 1:32am On Feb 21, 2009
This Kemji sef, wey no fit do much dey talk like say na him born graphics lipsrsealed
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2009
@resichild
NO sweat, man. just glad to know you haven't lost steam too. I hope thimgs pick up soon.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2009
@maxani
yeah men!me too. nice to know u r still hanging in

@gamine
u hit my thread.Swwwweeeeeeeeetttt. Whats up wit u?

@okx
if u out there man, havent herd from u in ages.howz ur project going?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Gamine(f): 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2009
How you dey jare,

just checking in, to see the status/progress of things
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:10am On Feb 23, 2009
Gamine:

This Kemji sef, wey no fit do much dey talk like say na him born graphics lipsrsealed

I never said that - it's the beef in you that's talking! cry

@resichild
Howdy, any updates on the project? God speed! cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:59am On Feb 25, 2009
@kemji
I dey try my best, just not enuff time for my job and my life grin
Still kicking shaa, not dead yet! Hope to post this weekend
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2009
@Resichild
I get your drift. Just take your time and make it worth the while.

Cheers wink
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2009
thanx, like the support now cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2009
what's cooking y'all?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 11:32am On Mar 02, 2009
@Gamine
hey, pretty, that wouldn't be your real flat adress, wld it?!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2009
No toasting or hooking up on this thread undecided

@gamine
Seriously is that your Address grin grin cheesy cheesy cool

@all
Still on the model. Havent had an ounce of time to myself this past weeks. Be sure to deliver dis week tho. thanx ya'all
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 10:37am On Mar 06, 2009
@ y'all
hope this global E-crunch thing aint turning to grafix crunch!
where's the guy working on the environment, and the ones modeling the props ad stuff? , OKX, where in the galaxy are you hanging out?!!!

@ resichild
keep the steam up, man. it's getting hard digging down to look for the title of thread!, ( by the way, you handle the animation, I'll take care of the addresss issue, ok?) wink
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by mida: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2009
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]The point is there is no sense in trying to say you know more than others so why
don't you short the Bleep up and do something, this idea is a worthy one and some have got a
to start with something.OKX should teach us what he knows next time.Stop scolding us with the
depth of all you know about graphics or what it is again.No one is an island.I believe that if all i know
is A and i am willing to share it then i would have done something wise and intelligent.Except for lower animals.Everything we
all know as human beings comes from learning and there after sharing.Share and grow.i am interested in the project but i know
close to nothing about animation.If there is anyone out there who cares to share then you can get me at damikanbi@yahoo.com.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2009
mida:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]The point is there is no sense in trying to say you know more than others so why
don't you short the mess up and do something, this idea is a worthy one and some have got a
to start with something.OKX should teach us what he knows next time.Stop scolding us with the
depth of all you know about graphics or what it is again.No one is an island.I believe that if all i know
is A and i am willing to share it then i would have done something wise and intelligent.Except for lower animals.Everything we
all know as human beings comes from learning and there after sharing.Share and grow.i am interested in the project but i know
close to nothing about animation.If there is anyone out there who cares to share then you can get me at damikanbi@yahoo.com.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

WTF? Dude, Why should OKX teach you what he knows? You don't just go about demanding that people teach you their skills and talents, especially on a public forum - let alone for free!

Wake up and shut up before your mouth makes a bigger fool of yourself than it already has angry

Cheers anyways
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ mida

dude, i really try to make allowances for all kinds of ppl and different levels of maturity- but u test me bro!
i will leave it at that, until ur posts make sense.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2009
hey guys!!!
neikid is back!!!
@ least kind of,
@ Resichild
so where we @ on the project bro?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2009
nice to see that a lot has been going on here
@kemji
still kicking guys in the nuts eh? anyway i think dat guy was asking for it. Good show bro. wink

@maxani
i feel u bro. My whole work got stopped cos the ram on my laptop went bad so relying on just 512MB is not just cutting it. Even max8 slows down but im getting a solution up and running so im still in the game.

@neikid
Man, the wait's all over and its good u r back, now can i have the demigod model. I gotta restore order and balance.tnx alot

@OKX
so it took just that statement to make u post somethin under this thread. If i had known i wud have been hitting u hard since. Where hav u been dude?u forgot u were my right hand guy?i tried ur fone and it never connects. We need to talk. Anyway, hope u r back now.

@all
I really dont know wat to say except be patient guys. Things aint going the way it should but it would get better. Scouts honour. Take care ya'all

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

10 Most Impressive Photos Of Lightning Striking Famous Places [PHOTOS] / Handmade Wooden Greeting Cards / My Journey To Being A Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.