Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Nigerian Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men (3943 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Pot Belly? / Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men by Laurnetta(f): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2008
I have been in 3 relationships in my life. 2 of them were with Nigerian men and sadly this has been the worst experience of my life. when i made up my mind to love again after the first time, the second one came and totally shattered me. unfortunately, they are the only nationality of people that i meet on a day to day basis from my work to my friends and to friends of friends.
i have a good job,i'm independent, i don't have any children or extra baggage. i cook, clean and make sure my bills are paid at the right time. i am not disrespectful eventhough at the same time i want to be respected. is this too much to ask? once my ex boyfriend verbally ab used me in front of his friends because i was inquiring about his whereabouts. not like i'm the jelous type or we dont spend time away from each other or anything.
I am currently on my annual leave but the period is very miserable for me because i was supposed to be visiting nigeria now with my boyfriend. he;s in jail. i did not know what types of things he was in to because i go to work during the week and see him mainly on weekends.
i know most of what i am saying does not make sense but i guess i am just looking for comfort.
Re: Nigerian Men by Easybaby(f): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2008
e ya . .sorry o cry cry cry
maybe, the fourth one will treat well undecided
Re: Nigerian Men by Laurnetta(f): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2008
This is why i hate to tell my story. I really dont like been pitied. sad
Re: Nigerian Men by spikedcylinder: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
It can happen with any man. Your boyfriend is in jail, does this mean all his jail mates are Nigerians? Does this mean only Nigerian men break hearts? Where are you from?
Nigerian men have their wahala but I'm sensing a lot of people are going to come here and bite your head off with this your post.
Sorry o. undecided
Re: Nigerian Men by buttercop(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2008
@ poster
laurnetta u are in 4 a lot let trouble like spikedcylinder said. let the likes of "u know who" lipsrsealed and thier kind c this u'll truly know what nigerian gtuys are like. butu don't have to feel bad i take that back u should feel bad. but stuffs like that happen. u just have to make a good pick next time
Re: Nigerian Men by Cayon(f): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2008
@poster

Go on your vacation and clear your head. you have your whole life ahead of you (assuming you are young)  Take a break from boyfriends to figure things out.  

I am single for over eight months, by choice.  Everyday i give God thanks and praise for taking me this far in life without depending on anyone.  I am able to support myself in a job I enjoy.  My kid is fine and I am happy.  Yes, i'll like to have another kid and surely not as a single parent.  However, at this point of my life - I am not in any rush to get laid or jump in any relationship.  I am still young and have my life ahead of me.  Sometimes you just need some time for yourself.  Take a breather   wink

Here is an internet hug (((((((Laurnetta ))))))

Peace
Re: Nigerian Men by MissyB1(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2008
Laurnetta:

i know most of what i am saying does not make sense

wink
Re: Nigerian Men by Laurnetta(f): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2008
thank you canyon. i cant go to nigeria again cos it would be would too traumatizing. but your words have comforted me. thanks.
Re: Nigerian Men by spikedcylinder: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2008
Cayon:

@poster

Go on your vacation and clear your head. you have your whole life ahead of you (assuming you are young)  Take a break from boyfriends to figure things out.  
I am single for over eight months, by choice.  Everyday i give God thanks and praise for taking me this far in life without depending on anyone.  I am able to support myself in a job I enjoy.  My kid is fine and I am happy.  Yes, i'll like to have another kid and surely not as a single parent.  However, at this point of my life - I am not in any rush to get laid or jump in any relationship.  I am still young and have my life ahead of me.  Sometimes you just need some time for yourself.  Take a breather   wink

Here is an internet hug (((((((Laurnetta ))))))

Peace

True
Re: Nigerian Men by Cayon(f): 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2008
Laurnetta:

thank you canyon. i can't go to nigeria again because it would be would too traumatizing. but your words have comforted me. thanks.
C'est la vie
Re: Nigerian Men by ndumart: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2008
Some Nigerian men are heartless just like men from other nationalities. It was just unfortunate that u met the wrong ones.There are very good Nigerian men. However don't close ur heart to love. I will advise u take a break from relationships, refresh yourself, redefine what u want in ur new relationship and hope for the best.

You must however know that there is no perfect man anywhere in the world. Just hope u find the one that will respect u and give u the attention and affection you deserve.

All the best
Re: Nigerian Men by hixxx1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
Nigerian women nko?
Re: Nigerian Men by arramyjay: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2008
Sweetie shit happens sometimes you knw,but it is ok u wil be fine and i am blaming for your lst relationship u dnt knw wat kind of job he does and you were dating him that is very sad,i hope from tht u have learnt a lesson and like your singanature reads live is meant to be lived so girl drop tht i dont want to love anymore attitude you have no control over love dear so let it happen and this watch very carefully.u will be fine.
Re: Nigerian Men by princeonx: 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2008
I'll be back in about a year or two maybe you'll be making sense then! mainwhile, try other culture/country or better still your own! don't you have one?
Re: Nigerian Men by Laurnetta(f): 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2008
prince_onx:

I'll be back in about a year or two maybe you'll be making sense then! mainwhile, try other culture/country or better still your own! don't you have one?

i tot i explain that i live, work and commute around nigerian men? meeting people from other cultures is hard because they have infested this place.
Re: Nigerian Men by opsydudu(m): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2008
what is this thing with Nigerian Men,

Don't tell me you were so dumb not to know what your boyfriend does for a living, WTF?? i bet you got so carried away because he was hitting your spot just the way you want it. Spare me cock and bull stories, feel sorry for your stupid mistakes.

Nigerian men indeed!
Re: Nigerian Men by whitelexi(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2008
Sadly i dont pity u, infact. . .  IT SERVES U RIGHT!
When better people approach u na shakara u go dey do, when all those craze people come u go quick quick accept them dash them your whole heart. It was your decision to date someone u dont even know jack about, your decision to ask too many questions, your decision not to go to naija. . .  All your decisions oh! so carry the wahala wey follow am.

Next time, shine your eyes - fine boy is not = to correct boy tongue
Re: Nigerian Men by opuro(m): 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2008
Laurnetta:

i tot i explain that i live, work and commute around nigerian men? meeting people from other cultures is hard because they have infested this place.
omo this your tory eh?
you be oyinbo ni abi wetin you think you be sef?
you say you are not rude abi, read all your post once again
with this type of habit,
naija guys go gensh you and run away
Re: Nigerian Men by Laurnetta(f): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2008
whitelexi:

Sadly i don't pity u, infact. . .  IT SERVES You RIGHT!
When better people approach u na shakara u go dey do, when all those craze people come u go quick quick accept them dash them your whole heart. It was your decision to date someone u don't even know jack about, your decision to ask too many questions, your decision not to go to naija. . .  All your decisions oh! so carry the wahala wey follow am.

Next time, shine your eyes - fine boy is not = to correct boy tongue

i appreciate your reality check. thnaks.
Re: Nigerian Men by izeek(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2008
if u dated a nigerian more than once even when u got burnt previously,
shows how much the nigerian man has over his counterpart.
am not sorry for u, its a matter of bad choice not nationality.
dont insult my sense of belonging on my own land.
abi u no know say this nah e-nigeria(n-land).
Re: Nigerian Men by richo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
Laurnetta:

thank you canyon. i can't go to nigeria again because it would be would too traumatizing. but your words have comforted me. thanks.
baby girl dnt talk like that, some nigerian guys are good!
if u wire some money to me, i swear i will also go to naija (big sacrifice just to make u feel happy), we can meet in the airport or sumthin and i'll take u around, we'll have fun and i'll knock some of the memories of the good old times back into ur head. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men by spikedcylinder: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2008
richo:

baby girl dnt talk like that, some nigerian guys are good!
if u wire some money to me, i swear i will also go to naija (big sacrifice just to make u feel happy), we can meet in the airport or sumthin and i'll take u around, we'll have fun and i'll knock some of the memories of the good old times back into your head. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Aww. . . . . .listen to him linger. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men by richo(m): 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2008
wat? i just want to go visit my motherland and also make an angel feel loved na!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men by izeek(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2008
richo,
def good idea, cos am guessing she has high affinity for naija guys.
if u no meet her standard ( bad boy) drop am for mushin she will have a wide choice to pick from.
Re: Nigerian Men by jgirl3: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2008
Awwwwwwwwwww. . . . .I am sorry.
However, I think you should take the time off. You need your single time.
Re: Nigerian Men by richo(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2008
me ke? once she send me cash i go use am go relax for palawan an exotic philippine island cheesy cheesy
izeek:

richo,
def good idea, because am guessing she has high affinity for naija guys.
if u no meet her standard ( bad boy) drop am for mushin she will have a wide choice to pick from.

@poster
u sed two of the three men u hav dated were from nigeria, since the 3rd is from niger republic, u can call all of them nigerians
Re: Nigerian Men by tpia: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2008
Re: Nigerian Men by jgirl3: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2008
tpia:

Another Southern African here to bash Nigerians.

Seriously, what are these Naija guys doing to all these foreigners they're sleeping with?

Na so so complaints every day. Make una take course on how to please a foreign woman abeg.

Even the ones wey dey claim say them get Nigerian friends, go still come nairaland tobash Nigerians. na wa.
Even Nigerian women have problems with Nigerian men.
If foreigners have the same problem, then we know it's the Nigerian guys being ridiculous. They need to learn how to treat women in general.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men by izeek(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2008
well i dont think the naija guys went about forcing the alledged victims  to sleep with them.
it was a consented thing, moreso if the going had been good, she no go come broadcast am.
we no dey wen una start, so make una no involve us for the breakup.
Re: Nigerian Men by Gamine(f): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2008
Choi!!

Nigerians Have INFESTED the area shocked

omo we don suffa oo!! cry
Re: Nigerian Men by richo(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
dnt mind them! am sure after complaining they still go looking for hot nigerian guys angry angry
izeek:

well i don't think the naija guys went about forcing the alledged victims to sleep with them.
it was a consented thing, moreso if the going had been good, she no go come broadcast am.
we no dey when una start, so make una no involve us for the breakup.
Re: Nigerian Men by topup: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2008
I guess you just have to up your standards and make these men prove to you that they are worth dating before you go out with them. I am not saying making an impermeable list, but you need to have expectations, you need to know the guys very very well before you begin dating them, all these things may not prevent heartbreak but then decrease your chances, if you know the guy very well first then you are more likely to see the warning signs in advance. It is not an excuse not to know what your boyfriend does, you need to, because some of it could endanger your life and livelihood.

I will offer sympathy though because nobody deserves to be treated like that, please don't be so trusting in future, I don't mean suspect all your boyfriends, but really don't assume that you are only attracting the good kind of men.

All the best in future, when you meet the love of your life, all this struggle will have been worth it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways To Know She Doesn't Like You / Problems Facing An Extrovert Lady/Guy In A Relationship / How Do You Scream While Ejaculating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.