Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (126902 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 3:42am On Nov 24, 2008
grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 4:38am On Nov 24, 2008
Omg!!! i was reading up on this guy i have a crush on tongue
He plays Eric on True Blood. i knew he had to have some sort of viking blood in him, he's so bluidy huge and kiss kiss grin
Well it turns out he's Stellan Skarsgard's son shocked Alexander Skarsgard

[img]http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/HXQZ5lDnRIiR3vVddDo2dQ100890[/img]
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 4:50am On Nov 24, 2008
ewwww he looks like an albino freak tongue
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2008
Exactly! grin grin
Well he plays a freak anyways tongue

Do i see someone to play the role of Thor? tongue
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

The Oscars destroyed my soul once when they snub Freeman for Shawnshank, such a thing can NOT happen again. Although I'm still angry about crash winning over BB.

Javier deserved it completely. ONLY person who could have won over him and I wouldnt have peeped a word is Daniel day Lewis for There Will Be Blood.

Other than that, impossible! No Country na the movie!

Casey was good was Jesse james, i agree. My question is though why the HELL wasnt Brad Pitt nominated? What BS angry

Crash is just another frustrating anomaly in the academy awards. Javier won for supporting actor and Daniel Day-Lewis DID win for best actor. That was his second oscar for best actor. No Country was the movie. All the way. Brad Pitt shoulda been nominated but shouldn't have won. But definitely should have been nominated.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2008
vescucci:

Crash is just another frustrating anomaly in the academy awards. Javier won for supporting actor and Daniel Day-Lewis DID win for best actor. That was his second oscar for best actor. No Country was the movie. All the way. Brad Pitt shoulda been nominated but shouldn't have won. But definitely should have been nominated.

You're right. DDL did win best actor but if he had lost to Brad for Jesse james or Broln, i wouldnt have been angry. It was between those three.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2008
Was Brolin nominated at all? Javiar deserved the Oscar. But I was rooting for Casey. JJ showed him a better actor than his brother,who only impressed me in Armageddon and Shakespeare in Love.

Brad Pitt wasn't nominated for his brilliant performance in Fight Club, why would be nominated for JJ? Has the man ever been nominated for an Oscar at all? Edward Norton was stunning in the movie, furnishing a complex, excruciatingly multi-layered performance, and wasn't nominated for Best Actor. I've long stopped expecting the Oscars to make sense.

And Lee is an amazing director. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is rich and beautiful on every level,as is Brokeback. That he was denied Best picture is painful,but he's still going to get it.

iice! Skarsgard's son is delish. Better looking than the dad. All that molten blond hotness. Where do you find these men?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2008
Yeah i was pissed Brolin didn't get nominated. Casey better than Ben is an understatement. Ben has got to be the worst actor every hyped. The day that i don't see him in movies can't come soon enough for me.
I think brad has been nominated, not sure undecided

LMAO @ molten blond hotness tongue
Oh i have my ways grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2008
Mad_Max:

. All that molten blond hotness. Where do you find these men?

Ewwwwwwwwwwww  tongue

Ben Affleck is terrible. casey slams him to death.

max, have you seen Pan's Labrinyth. Another movie slighted for Best Foreign Film  angry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 10:16am On Nov 25, 2008
I absolutely couldn't believe it when Pan's Labyrinth was side-stepped. It royally pisses me off. I watched that film without subtitles and I still loved it. I forget the film that robbed it.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2008
vescucci:

I absolutely couldn't believe it when Pan's Labyrinth was side-stepped. It royally pisses me off. I watched that film without subtitles and I still loved it. I forget the film that robbed it.

The Lives Of Others

which I thought was a very good German film however i still preferred Pan's.

Cant believe it didnt AT :EAST win best score. Havent watched a movie with such a beautiful score since BB
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ipe: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2008
pls house, what position can i get hollywood. bollywood. pls send their frequency & symbol rate to me
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by eroticme: 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2008
well i think Angelina Jolie is overated, my greatest fantasy in Holywood is Megan Good, She's simply a hotie
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2008
That one is one who relies on her looks and sexuality to get by.
She stopped pushing her acting chops long ago.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2008
I haven't seen Pan's. I will now.
Only foreign movie I've seen lately is The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Thirty minutes and I was too full of horror and claustrophobia to continue. Great film, if you can take it. I couldn't.

Karma, I don't get No Country For Old Men. Bardem is only 'technically' evil. He isn't, say, a charming but purely evil Lecter. He merely sees the world differently, and lives by a strange code of honour and a bizarre system of rules. I get why Brolin's wife had to die. He'd told Brolin he'd kill her. But he is unexpectedly disarmed by her, and does her the greatest kindness of which he's capable; he offers her a chance to escape her fate. But Brolin's wife doesn't know what he is,is infuriated that he'd turn the matter of her life and death into a game, and tragically refuses to take that chance. Only,it isn't a game to him; it's life.

What I don't get is the manner of Brolin's death. Were the Coen Brothers too chicken to explore a final showdown between the two men, or was a showdown unnecessary?Or were they aiming for a The Departed effect? I get DiCaprio's end in that movie, it's pure genius. I don't get why Brolin had to die the way he did.

And that guy is totally hot. tongue
What's Pan's Labyrinth about?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by eroticme: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
iice am wit u on that
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2008
Hmmm now having 2nd thoughts about the diving bell. I have it but haven't watched it yet.
I'll still give it a shot though just to get it off my list grin

Max you need to watch pans, it's awesome!
and i do like Chigurh's code of honor!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2008
Who're these new peeps? undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2008
Mad_Max:

I haven't seen Pan's. I will now.
Only foreign movie I've seen lately is The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Thirty minutes and I was too full of horror and claustrophobia to continue. Great film, if you can take it. I couldn't.

Karma, I don't get No Country For Old Men. Bardem is only 'technically' evil. He isn't, say, a charming but purely evil Lecter. He merely sees the world differently, and lives by a strange code of honour and a bizarre system of rules. I get why Brolin's wife had to die. He'd told Brolin he'd kill her. But he is unexpectedly disarmed by her, and does her the greatest kindness of which he's capable; he offers her a chance to escape her fate.  But Brolin's wife doesn't know what he is,is infuriated that he'd turn the matter of her life and death into a game, and tragically refuses to take that chance. Only,it isn't a game to him; it's life.

What I don't get is the manner of Brolin's death. Were the Coen Brothers too chicken to explore a final showdown between the two men, or was a showdown unnecessary?Or were they aiming for a The Departed effect? I get DiCaprio's end in that movie, it's pure genius. I don't get why Brolin had to die the way he did.   

And that guy is totally hot. tongue
What's Pan's Labyrinth about?

I believe it was the Mexicans that killed Brolin actually. Not Chigurh

my thing is why the hell didnt Chiigurh take the money when he shot up all those mexican dudes in the beginning. Lol bloody psychopath

Max, You definitely NEED to get Pan's Labyrinth. Just the score alone is awesome.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 1:05am On Nov 27, 2008
Just watched something with Kirstie Alley in it.

I really used to lurv that woman embarassed
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2008
OMG I am so getting PAN'S. I seem to be really missing something,not having seen it.
Gamine,who's Kirstie Allen?
The Diving Bell is not for the faint of heart, because it's a true story. He's a gifted man who suffers a stroke, and is completely paralysed,except for one eye. And his mind's just fine,so it's like being trapped inside a nightmare. And the director unravels the story from within the man, so you see only when and what he sees, so that watching the movie is like being trapped in that body with him.It's terrible.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by eroticme: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2008
@vescucci
sorry for just bugging in i shldn't have done that
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2008
Vesc doesn't mean any harm. He's just territorial.
You can bug in all you want jare.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2008
Jeez, I feel like you're my mom. tongue Course I mean no harm, we just like to keep things dove-tailed round here. Delta making doesn't suit us.

I took the liberty to speak for everybody grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2008
See his head. grin grin grin
Oh man. I can't find Pan's anywhere. Will run it to earth though. Checked up on it and it sounds too awesome for words.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2008
R you downloading? @ Max
Or rather do you download?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2008
Looking for the DVD actually. I prefer those. But I don't mind making an exception if it's available for downloading.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2008
Ahhh ok. Yeah it's available for downloading. Depending on what or how you want to download.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2008
PAN's downloaded.
Would rather manually shop for the danged things and be delighted to find it, than download.Only exceptions are Linkin Park videos and albums. But then, they are my favourite rock band. Having everything at my fingertips is so boring.

Will watch PAN''s with my Mister Boi in the evening. So looking forward to this one.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2008
Cool. Enjoy!

What sort of movies are you into? Besides Bond grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
Max! I just opened a thread in the music section. Go and give it a grand opening. I like Mike Shinoda and linkin' Park's hit songs but never the entirety of their albums. Fort Minor on the other hand is another thing entirely. Don't cut off my head yet. I can change cool

And don't listen to iice to much, she's wanted in 15 states in the U.S. plus the CIA are looking to use her to get the Big Fishes in China and Taiwan. If you listen to her cookies will be stored in ur CPU and the CIA will come aknocking soon.

iice, you're still my favorite person, eh.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2008
iice, the list is endless. I just LOVE a good movie.It doesn't even have to be a movie. Anything that can make my jaw drop. I remember, in Season Five of The Sopranos, The Test Dream, I was listening to Tony Soprano's conversation with the girl he'd murdered, ("Pow! Right on the kisser!"wink[/i]and my mouth actually hung open in awe. That's what I want in a movie. To have my mind boggled.
And to have a great time too. grin

Hey, who said this, to whom, in what movie?

[i]Oh, but you are alone. Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness, alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in? So fair, yet so cold like a morning of pale Spring still clinging to Winter's chill.  

What movies are you into? You have a list of favourites?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.