Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,584 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Multi-wife Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Multi-wife Family (1199 Views)

Video: Shocking Moment 'husband's Mistress Attacked After Wife's Family Discover / Should She Go to visit her husband wife's family??? / Is It Right To Work For One's Father -inlaw/wife's Family?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multi-wife Family by sistawoman: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2008
I am just curious as to how multi-wife families operate.

Does the sr. wife pick the jr wife/wives?
How does the Sr. wife act toward the Jr. wife?
What if the Jr. wife is younger more beautiful?
Who sleeps with the husband?
What are the pros and cons of such an arrangement?
What are the job descriptions/duties for each wife?
What is the husband expected to do?

Do you know anyone or are you I a multi-wife marriage?
How is life with two women living in the same household?

Anything else you think to add that I have not asked.
Re: Multi-wife Family by Ebiz4real(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hey hope you are not planing to marry many wifes if you try it big fire will hot you so stay away from many wife ok
Re: Multi-wife Family by sistawoman: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2008
I am a female and not interested in marring any women at all.

Just wondering how it works.
Re: Multi-wife Family by timbabng(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2008
. . . .like royal rumble.
Re: Multi-wife Family by Outstrip(f): 12:01am On Sep 19, 2008
There is not one good thing about it.
My husbands mother supported her husband taking a third wife after the second wife left cause she did not want people to blame her for the other woman leaving (Don't ask me how that makes sense)

My Mother's older sister found a third wife for her father because the 2nd wife was getting too cocky but the third wife turned out to be a doormat so it really did not help their situation

The whole polygamy thing is a joke and usually ends up with a lot of dysfunctional issues. Not that monogamy is always rosy but why add extra wahala to it

1 Like

Re: Multi-wife Family by Texcee(f): 3:42am On Sep 19, 2008
Outstrip:

There is not one good thing about it.
My husbands mother supported her husband taking a third wife after the second wife left cause she did not want people to blame her for the other woman leaving (Don't ask me how that makes sense)

My Mother's older sister found a third wife for her father because the 2nd wife was getting too cocky but the third wife turned out to be a doormat so it really did not help their situation

The whole polygamy thing is a joke and usually ends up with a lot of dysfunctional issues. Not that monogamy is always rosy but why add extra wahala to it

Thanks for your post outstrip.

But could you please answer the thread by addressing each of the questions posed.

We appreciate you sharing your knowledge.
Re: Multi-wife Family by MP007(m): 4:56am On Sep 19, 2008
multi- wife? grin
Re: Multi-wife Family by sistawoman: 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2008
Texcee:

Thanks for your post outstrip.

But could you please answer the thread by addressing each of the questions posed.

We appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

look here, i posted it in three different forums to get answers:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-173216.0.html
Re: Multi-wife Family by Livvvvy(f): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2008
I must confess it is worse than royal rumble:

I know a home where these multi-wife exist, though the man is late now.

1. The man shares the duties of his wife towards him, as in after every 4days precisely on the market day, every wife take their turn to serve him food, wash his cloth, sweep his house and entertain his guest.

2. As for how he asked them to sleep with him, I didnt bother to ask that, but i believe that it is during the four days of each wives service to him (food) that there should appear in his bedroom.

3. He is responsible for the children of all the women. He has seperate house built around his main house for all his wives.

4. He is always in support of all the weaker sexes - the females and the little children - even if there are wrong, knowing when to discinpline them.

And finally, he warned all his children to beware of multi-wife, that it is hell for him than joy. And I must confess, i am impressed that all his kids got stuck to one wife after enough experience from their father.
Re: Multi-wife Family by Bossman(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2008
multi-wife = multi-wahala(trouble) + multi-headache + multi-so many bad things.

I am not sure why any man in their right mind would want to marry more than one wife. As others have posted, it's just a terribly bad thing to do.
Re: Multi-wife Family by Leilah(f): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2008
yes why when you can get a mistress/mistresses instead.

(1) (Reply)

3 Blood Sisters Falling In Love / Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B / Should I Report These Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.