Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (63086 Views)

Why Can't Girls Just Tell A Guy They Love Him Instead Of...(pic) / See The Girl That Just Messaged Me (photos) / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by topup: 12:43am On Aug 24, 2008
I personally don't have a problem with saying it to the person I love, but I know first I will have to be certain that they are reciprocating, it's harder to say you love someone if you get the vibes that they don't feel the same way.

From experience, the only experience I have had, the guy showed that he truly loved me, but then came a time when he seemed to stop showing it, before he started to distance himself, he became very intense, I felt so comfortable and ready to tell him what I truly felt for him, but like I said soon after he distanced himself.

I'm not sure if I know what true love looks like in the face because I thought I was looking at it.

One thing I knew about him was that he only managed to say the words 'I love you' when he was drunk and very 'in the mood' if you know what I mean, I didn't count that, but all I'm saying is that it's easier to magnify and multiply your emotions when you're under the influence of alcohol, after all you can always blame it on the alcohol tongue Or pretend that you don't remember (which is exactly what he did).

Life is too short and relationships are even shorter, we can't live in fear all the time, sometimes you just have to give it your all, but rest asure knowing that you tired your best, if you hold back you don't know what you could have achieved if you didn't do so.

I can't wait to find someone who I can say those words to over and over again.

LOL, not long after the breakup I was on aone hour journey sat behind a cute couple, which the guy kept whispering I love you, over and over again to his 'girlfriend' I was so bitter back then, but it just shows some people find it easier to say it than others, once its's off your tongue it keeps rollling off smiley.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by bigboyslim(m): 1:23am On Aug 24, 2008
topup:

I personally don't have a problem with saying it to the person I love, but I know first I will have to be certain that they are reciprocating, it's harder to say you love someone if you get the vibes that they don't feel the same way.

From experience, the only experience I have had, the guy showed that he truly loved me, but then came a time when he seemed to stop showing it, before he started to distance himself, he became very intense, I felt so comfortable and ready to tell him what I truly felt for him, but like I said soon after he distanced himself.

I'm not sure if I know what true love looks like in the face because I thought I was looking at it.

One thing I knew about him was that he only managed to say the words 'I love you' when he was drunk and very 'in the mood' if you know what I mean, I didn't count that, but all I'm saying is that it's easier to magnify and multiply your emotions when you're under the influence of alcohol, after all you can always blame it on the alcohol tongue Or pretend that you don't remember (which is exactly what he did).

Life is too short and relationships are even shorter, we can't live in fear all the time, sometimes you just have to give it your all, but rest asure knowing that you tired your best, if you hold back you don't know what you could have achieved if you didn't do so.

LOL, not long after the breakup I was on aone hour journey sat behind a cute couple, which the guy kept whispering I love you, over and over again to his 'girlfriend' I was so bitter back then, but it just shows some people find it easier to say it than others, once its's off your tongue it keeps rollling off smiley.

To the reference in bold: even I can say it at those times. Those times definitely don't count.

As far as telling someone over and over again goes. Don't you think if you say it too often, it begins to lose meaning, it starts to become cliche and you might end up thinking its not from the heart. I think those words should be used not often but on those special occasions when you are so overwhelmed that you think your heart is going to explode. not just when the other person wants to hear it.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by topup: 1:34am On Aug 24, 2008
Yeah, I agree, when it's said over and over again, it begins to lose impact, I think he was just in a lovey-dovey mood, he kissed her all over her face (they were sat infront of me - whilst I was trying to keep the vile expression off my face. tongue) I think it makes most impact when it's least expect, like during an argument or during a dry period in the relationship. But, knowing me, I just want somebody to feel that way, not too fussy about how it's said, but yes saying it whilst drunk doesn't seem too genuine.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by creamdream: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2008
i tell her my way, it dependsa on thje mood
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by k1banty(m): 9:35am On Sep 06, 2008
A girl may not even feel you if you look at her straight in her eyes. I love you is a strong word and it requires bonding first before u utter those words.

Shortcut:

Use style style ask wetin she desire then get it for her even at your own expense. She go wan know the reason why u do am then u can tell her that you love her.

Forget all those romantic movies/novels, they call it so fiction no apply any of their strategies for naija.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by razmataz(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
I feel that saying "I love You" to the person u truly love is very imp since, the more u wait to say it, you will see that person u love moving more away from you and it will always remain the one thing that u will regret not saying it, smiley
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by sas2chat4(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2008
That you aren't interested in a topic shouldn't makes it a "NONESENCE". what about a Topic that makes sense to you and not to others. know that this is an issue you will have to address sooner or later in life (marriage). weigh you words before you talk and if you don't know to say pls just keep shot!!! smiley
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by dbaptist1(m): 1:51am On Oct 31, 2008
topup:

thanks sista seems i will take your advice for it
culd u believe am havin d same problem 2
its not as if caring wont do the magic but sum ladies expect to hear the word "i love you"
but most guys don't say it not because they are afraid but because to them it seems like making a marital vow of tying themselves to one lady(maybe you should watch this movie "there is a thin line between love and hate"winkand you would understand what i mean
well to all fellas who are afraid to tell the lady to her face, , send it via text,or old school way, , love letter using 2 foolscap paper
but to all the players out there, , God have mercy on you if i catch you cus im gonna go after your maamaas
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by JJYOU: 2:05am On Oct 31, 2008
topup:

the resident counsellor herself. how are you? you have been missing in action for some weks now.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by 190: 1:41am On Nov 01, 2008
beemex shut the Bleep up, as the king of this land i banish u and ur entire family away 4rm Nland
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by soulamanne(m): 9:42am On Nov 01, 2008
some people sort of feel inferior saying i love u.really it is a hard thing but if u truly love the person it comes out very easily.show it first then back it up by saying it once in a while.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by abujabooks(f): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2008
I love u.

3 words.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by tpia: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2008
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by tpia: 9:21am On Dec 14, 2008
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by jibbygirl(f): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2008
@poster
4 guys, telling a gurl u love her shouldn't call for all these hassles cos na normal thing. the big question should be, how does a gurl tell a guy that she's into him without feeling embarrassed and as a guy how do u feel hearing this from a gurl? what impression does this create, a gurl making the first move so openly? grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by MoneyRule(m): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2008
Continue to show her how much you love her and believe me you won't know when you say it! Who knows,she might have being waiting 4 it and ur actions made her wait longer or she developed feelings along d way.All i'm saying is act first! Don't rush it!
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by aristocrat(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2008
i believe dat shudnt b a problem, just present urself in a mannered way and let her know what u are up 2. d worst thing dat can happen 2 a man is 2 luv some1 and 4him not 2let d person know.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by Renz(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2008
jibbygirl:

@poster
4 guys, telling a gurl u love her shouldn't call for all these hassles because na normal thing. the big question should be, how does a gurl tell a guy that she's into him without feeling embarrassed and as a guy how do u feel hearing this from a gurl? what impression does this create, a gurl making the first move so openly? grin grin grin

For me i'll be suprised if and only if i have not noticed her. But u know sometimes we can be attracted to each other based on our personality.

But when a lady wants a guy dey dont just work up to the guy and say "i love u" dey will do anything to attract the guy.

Only few bold ladies can do that. I have got such experience, when a lady worked upto me and say "guy i luv u, i dont know i just got so attracted to u" i just got confused at that moment. I say to myself i need to go do some homework b4 giving an answer, i mean i got to think; i'm like is this real, do i really like her?; offcourse i dont like dating any woman that comes my way, and if u see this girl very beautiful, i began to think it was some kind of set-up but it wasnt.
I mean i couldnt comprehend cos i was busy on job tryin to fix sometin, was not even on the mood and it just happened, she asked for my num. sure we exchanged number and i give her a date, and when she is gone i took a deep breath grin grin grin grin. when i got home and think about the whole thing i began to laugh grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by aristocrat(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2008
if a girl shud just walk on 2me and tells me she felt some love 4me .i promise u i will accept her with all my heart and give her every damn thing she wants cos am very good at dat. besides dis, wen i was in school i experienced 3 of dis kind of a thing and i accepted them with no choice left out.Its not gonna b srange 2 me know if such a thing happens 2me anymore.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:37am On Jan 11, 2009
By doing things to constantly reassure her that u really and truly do love her, smiley
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by Cayon(f): 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2009
This may sound odd but it's easier for me to say "I LOVE U" to family and friends. Admitting or saying "I LOVE YOU to a boyfriend is very nerve reckoning. . . . even though i love him. However, 98% men can boldly say to women "I LOVE YOU" whether they mean it or not. It's in their genes. They are professionals, . . . .right ladies
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by Shazbot: 1:56am On Mar 19, 2009
Well, from personal experience, I know that a simple "I Love You" at times can sound stupid, but If she loves you back, She'll take it the right way.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by OLAMIND1(m): 2:45am On Mar 19, 2009
Each time i try telling one of the "daughters of eve" in my dept. that i love her, i found out that after several mins. of rehearsing, i still fumble! I get scared of what the consequence of "NO" may be!

And the problem is that each time i see her with another guy, i feel like going to warn her never to mingle with guys again, as if am already the "man of the match"!

Nairalandas pls help me out of my predicament!
Because i cant stand seeing this "daughter of eve" being locked-up in another man's arm!

mind you, this is not an SOS. its only an application for help!
consider me abeg!
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by onyxera(m): 3:36am On Mar 19, 2009
@OLAMIND
do u actually rehearse tryin 2 tel a chic u luv her?y do u feel so bad wen u see her wit anoda guy.it shows u r only infatuated wit dis 'daughter of eve'
@topic
let ur actions do d talking
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by Davo09: 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2009
I THINK I KNOW THE EASY WAY IS TO WORK UP TO HER AND SAY I LOVE U, OR IF U WANT A PROVEN METHOD SEND MAIL TO :egunjobidavid@yahoo.com
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by abariko1(m): 9:11am On Aug 07, 2009
Good stuffs my guys, oboy the tin too hard oo! but if you really want to say it to her, just take her to a quite place, where it is the two of you that hears each other, then confess it to her without thinking negative of her response, if she decide to say no then so be it.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by makahagirl(f): 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2009
you take her somewhere special that has alot of meaning
to her and you, hopefully its quiet. than make her laugh somehow,
stroke you hand in her hair, look deep into her eyes, and tell
her your inlove with her kiss
but you have to make sure that she is sending you the right signals
first before you tell her, because you dont want to make her feel trapped,
and make sure your ready to say you love her wink
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by blueteeth: 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
Look her straight in d eye n say "I loven u".If she dosen't say anything den slap her and shout it loud "I love u b#tch,don't u get?".Trust me it will surely work.If it dosen't,call her a b*tch n walk away!!.
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by makahagirl(f): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
oh my god that was sooooo funny ahahahahah
i was laughing soooo hard when i saw your comment
that i started crying a little, cheesy
Re: How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? by dafidixone(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
You develop interest or you LOVE?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Praises Her Husband's Manhood For Being Faithful For 18 Years (Photo,Video) / Whoever Tells You Women Don't Like Fine Boys Is A Joker / I'm Addicted To Peeping At My Neigbhours unclothedness While They Are Bathing, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.