Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (34010 Views)

Poll: And how would you rate the short story below?

Excellent (4): 11% (31 votes)
Good (3): 32% (86 votes)
Fair (2): 32% (84 votes)
Poor (1): 23% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ajayi1(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2007
Hmmmmm!!!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by MP007(m): 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2007
this is 2007 , dont be asking no gurl if she looks familiar , that young and imature, u should know if a gurl like u within 3 minutes of conversation, big boiz know what am talking abt , u dont nee=d all this story,
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by calf(f): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2007
big boiz indeed tongue ,not all women trip for anyof these things u guyz are talking bout. . .
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by seunniji(m): 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2007
Thia is 9ja all girls in the house its very easy to trip a girl at first sight if you have a ride, Abi no be 9ja we dey ni , i have done it many times
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by bigbaby(f): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2007
boi u should be ashamed of urself wat if the girl u pick up in ur car, isnt wat u think she is wat will u do
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by zheroes(m): 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2007
dear nairalanders,

i appreciate the boldness of this guy in question but i dont like the story because this is exactly what most guys do that makes them not to date beautiful girls, in my opinion the following points were wrong.

1. Your face looks familiar-
2. What I mean is that you remind me of all those supermodels on TV.-" you are already putting her in a position to get puffy , she hears this evrytime cos there are a million toasters, so she sees the guy as another loser".
3. Seriously. You look like Tyra Banks- " no more words,complicates point no. 2"
4.Hmmm nice name.- "the compliments should let her know by now that she can control this guy, cos he doesnt want to say anything she wouldnt like to hear, whats wrong saying 'it sounds like the name of my puppy' ."
5. So what's a beautiful lady doing here standing under this scorching sun - "another loser"
6. I came in my car- " whats the brand, anything wrong treking down"
7. Don opens the door for Bella to get in- " i guess its one of those cars that you cannot open from the drivers side, no central lock or keyless stuff."
8. Do you mind coming to know my
house then I can drop you off wherever you going afterwards?- " this was where the grenade exploded, its very clear the guy is jobless"
9. When is this 'other time'? I'll really love to see you again and
have some time to talk better with you.- " now she knows the guy needs her badly and will only love to eat his penny, and stroll off".
10.Ok Here's my card (passes his card to Bella) You can call me anytime.- " a typical lady will never call you, what for, with all the numerous toasters around, only a slut would."
11. Cool. I'll give you a ring.- am sure if she says come make love to me he will jump at the invitation, slow and steady wins the race man".
12. Hope to see you again so I'll give you a ring
sometime soon.Take care, Bel.- " i dont know what to say again".

the bottom line is this guy will not and cannot date this baby.

1 Like

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Scopium: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2007
[size=13pt]@ Damsal
That is simply cool. Can I borrow it? Of course that's why you dropped it.[/size]
grin
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by bigbaby(f): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2007
now that a story i will buy. i dont care. nice one zheroes
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by combo(m): 6:19am On Dec 02, 2007
there is actually nothing wrong in dons approach,but it all depends on d girl.
sum girls might fall 4 dat while sum will feel irritated.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ndumart: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2007
Not a bad approach, will win any girls attention on a good day.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by talk2moses(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2007
to me i think friendship is a good way to start relationship so if i want to approach a girl i start with friendship to know more about her
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by talk2moses(m): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2007
to me i think friendship is a good way to start relationship so if i want to approach a girl i start with friendship to know more about her
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by okoomoge2(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2007
Seun, those lyrics of yours are old vibes!
This 21st Century. Ma Guy chyking a babes depends on a lot of things men.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by rockiedink(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2007
@talk2moses

that's really one way of lookin at it undecided undecided, but do you realise that most girls find it [s]extra-difficult if not impossible[/s] to transit from good friend to great lover. In fact, they seem to transit seamlessly between good friend to great brother never lover. So like one of em said somewhere on this great Nairaland of ours, if you want me, don't start out being my friend; you'll never get me!!!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by jeffcom(m): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2007
Hey Seun,
what of a guy like me that dont have a bike not to even talk
of a car.
Am i going to pay for her transport fare or , ?
What if i dont have enough money?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by lilsaint1(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2008
i think the film over there was okay but no to my satisfaction cos many people way no get car nko like me i no get car,how we go take do ham , pls mail me to my yahoo mail i beg okay cool

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2008
jeff.com:

Hey Seun,
what of a guy like me that don't have a bike not to even talk
of a car.
Am i going to pay for her transport fare or , ?
What if i don't have enough money?

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by bikokwe(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2008
it depends on who? but alot wud want to c u as a player.if the guy in question cud sound a bit, not too interested or indifferent,casual n matured with a good sense of humuor it could go a long way to making her think all day long.this is my two cents
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by niles(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
The story's fun on one syd and on the other, I have a friend who so hates that "familiarity" thing that some guyz use, We wer hangin out once and this guy came up to me and was like "Is she yur gf?" and i'm like no and he goes I like her and begs me to give him a min with her and i say ok. So he walks up to our table and tries to talk to her: He starts off with Hi, as he was just going to say your face looks familiar, she goes please, i don't know you from anywhere and i doubt if you know me. That was pretty embarassin for a guy, But in all sha, i like the conversation but don't buy the fam part. And please not every girl likes the "You look like tyra banks thing",
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by genius33: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2008
Some guy did that to me a while ago, he insisted he'd seen me in a train station one day when I never take the train, EVER! Guys it doesn't work really but nice try tongue
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by topup: 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2008
I would never get into a guy who has just shown interest in me's car. Principle.

This is where you get the story when the girl tells of kidnap or rape, and then everyone on Nairaland says, it was her fault for dressing provocatively and entering a stranger's car.

A stranger is a stranger, whether nice or not.

Or maybe I'm just different like that. I can just hear the sound of my parents warning me not to throw caution in the wind for 'love', it's not worth the risk and if it's meant to be, a simple no. swap could lead to more. The guy seems rushed a bit, asking to know where she lives and her no. and his house, I mean he really doesn't want to lose such a 'fine' catch undecided
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by iz2much: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2009
U try no be small
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by danielt(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2009
oh shit i hate guys like this.he embarased me
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by sammyzacks(m): 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2009
my rule is:
never ask a girl out.
make her a friend untill she wakes up and find herself in love with you.
Then, formally define the new relationship level.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by pureminded: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
Abeg more scopes . My Book never full bat ma ink don finish coz i dey write down all dos tantalizing scopes, brb , gat to get anoda ink , peeps continue pls wink grin
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by jalether(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2009
guys its not about what you say, but how you say it, you can say the slickest line in the world

but if you nervous n dont have the confidence to back it up it wont work. to me a perfect way to chat up

a bird is to make a unique observation n comment on it and play around and tease her responses

kinda slightly cocky but in a funny way cos asking series of questions over and over like many guys do is

hella boring n makes conversation goes dry
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2009
Dat story aint bad,but hw could u ask her 2 knw ur place on 1st meetin dat aint kool bliv mi.If am her i will tink otherwise.Rule no. 2 dont b in a rush, kiss
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Bims4real(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2009
I seriously think the scenario is a bit acted up, Men! we are in the 21st century, U dnt just go jumping into any guy's car just because he used some cheesy line, well, I hope not,
For me I am all for just starting a convo and seeming uninterested in being serious, it makes girls curious to find out what U are all about, then ur personality kills it (If U have one)!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Chrisdonca(m): 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
that is good start, seun man, ! i love that story.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Ucee1999: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Seun:
If you're a guy, and you want to ask a girl out, what do you do?

Check the following story out. Author: a dear Nairalander.

----
Don is seen coming out of a supermarket. Bella is standing by the roadside, clad in a brown alterneck top, tight blue jeans, showing her curves in a way capable of sending waves across a man's medulla oblongata, with matching brown bag and high-heeled stilletto sandals. Don spots the lady and walks over to her.)

Don: Hello lady
Bella: (squeezes face) Hello
Don: Your face looks familiar.
Bella: (still looking disinterested) Don't think we've met before.
Don: Not that we've met before. What I mean is that you remind me of
all those supermodels on TV.
Bella: (tries hard not to smile but can't help it) [/i]Ummm Ummm
Don: Seriously. You look like Tyra Banks.
Bella: [i](lets out a wide smile)
Thanks.
Don: My pleasure. So what's the name?
Bella: Bella
Don: Hmmm nice name. I'm Don, pleased to meet you.
Bella: Pleased to meet you too.
Don: So what's a beautiful lady doing here standing under this scorching sun.
Bella: I'm waiting for a Taxi.
Don: Oh really? I came in my car. If you don't mind, I can give you a ride.
Bella: Thanks.
(They both walk down to the car. Don opens the door for Bella to get in, then he gets in the driver's seat)
*In the Car*
Don: So where are you heading to?
Bella: Beantown.
Don: Oh I live very close to Beantown. Do you mind coming to know my
house then I can drop you off wherever you going afterwards?
Bella: Ummm I'm in a hurry today, maybe some other time. Sorry.
Don: When is this 'other time'? I'll really love to see you again and
have some time to talk better with you.
Bella: Anytime, anytime really
Don: Ok Here's my card (passes his card to Bella) You can call me anytime.
Bella: (takes the card and quickly reads through with an expression of excitement on her face) ok
Don: So can I get your number?
Bella: It's 0804 265 8546
Don: Cool. I'll give you a ring.
Bella: Er, you can drop me infront of that white house.
(Don halts the car and Bella opens the door.)
Bella: Thanks for the ride.
Don: It's a pleasure. Hope to see you again so I'll give you a ring
sometime soon.Take care, Bel.
Bella: ok. bye
(Don watches Bella as she shakes ass down the street, he licks his lips.)

---
So my 1st question is this: if you're a guy, and you want to ask a girl out, is that a good way to do it?
And my 2nd question is 'did you like the story?'

Yeah, that's a good idea. And I like the story.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Ucee1999: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
Zufugard:
sure, but there are other ways,
Which other ways please?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Ucee1999: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
kboy2z:
Seun, You know all this why dont you have a girl already in your life,

Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Undergraduate Fights Girlfriend Over N20K In Front Of Schoolmates In Abia. Photo / I Feel Led On And I Don't Know What To Do / If You Earn N65,000 Monthly, Give Your Girlfriend N50,000 - Nigerian Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.