Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (34006 Views)

Poll: And how would you rate the short story below?

Excellent (4): 11% (31 votes)
Good (3): 32% (86 votes)
Fair (2): 32% (84 votes)
Poor (1): 23% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by whoknoxluv(m): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2006
This dating game starts from somewhere. The story is ok but don needs to put more effort
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hjmichael(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2006
@ zebudaya,It`s nt what u think,there`re certain girls that are just 2 dfficult 2 get and so d usual conventional way of going after them might just prove abortive so I employ this method there`re other methods that can b used depending on d situation on ground.DONT U EVER TRY SEUN`S PATTERN cos d ladies are complaining.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by solo2(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2006
wink Prety little boys ideal way. but some how it is o.k.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by memyself2(f): 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2006
zebudaya:

so me,myself how would you like to be asked out, whatz your dream scenario?

Zebudaya, u really wanna know my "dream scenario" truth be told? i've got none! i dont expect to be picked up in a party or on the streets like im some kinda , i expect us to be friends then gradually it grows. smiley"i guess, im a dreamer.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2006
The opinion poll before the story should have had the options "sucks", "lame" and "artificial". That's why i didnt vote angry
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by zebudaya(m): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2006
me,myself:

Zebudaya, u really want to know my "dream scenario" truth be told? i've got none! i don't expect to be picked up in a party or on the streets like im some kind of , i expect us to be friends then gradually it grows. smiley"i guess, im a dreamer.

That's what I'm trying to do now, you know go from friendship to lover, but you women have a funny way of leaving a brother in [b]friendland [/b]unexpectedly. and you don't even give him a return ticket. That's why i always go for the kiss on the first date sometimes it feels rushed. Then that kind of commits you. However i don't really feel attracted to female friends who like me. I guess I'm conflicted.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Thinker1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2006
You are alright man!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Thinker1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2006
The story is good & the approach is not bad! Kudos! wink
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by memyself2(f): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2006
zebudaya:

That's what I'm trying to do now, you know go from friendship to lover, but you women have a funny way of leaving a brother in [b]friendland [/b]unexpectedly. and you don't even give him a return ticket. That's why i always go for the kiss on the first date sometimes it feels rushed. Then that kind of commits you. However i don't really feel attracted to female friends who like me. I guess I'm conflicted.
---it depends, if i know ur intentions from the beginning are not entirely innocent but u still give me time, then why in the world would i leave you in friendland, when im ready and i really like you? i would like to take things slow but not too slow.give me time to get to know you, to let you see me in my rattiest t-shirt and know i dont always look like i just stepped put of a glam magazine etc, b4 we decide that we r gnna commit

about not likin girls who like you and likin those who dont, guess what? u arent alone!!!we girls(some of us) are suckers for assholes! so relax, it aint a problem, i think?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by zebudaya(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2006
me,myself:

---it depends, if i know your intentions from the beginning are not entirely innocent but u still give me time, then why in the world would i leave you in friendland, when im ready and i really like you? i would like to take things slow but not too slow.give me time to get to know you, to let you see me in my rattiest t-shirt and know i don't always look like i just stepped put of a glam magazine etc, before we decide that we r gnna commit

about not likin girls who like you and likin those who don't, guess what? u arent alone!!!we girls(some of us) are suckers for assholes! so relax, it aint a problem, i think?

see thats where u loose me, you want to go slow, but not too slow. what exactly is too slow, whats the time frame?
secondly when you say actions are not entirely innocent what exactly do you mean? if I'm interested in a girl i'm either trying to date her or hit it, both of which i think are very innocent drives/missions holla back at me.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by memyself2(f): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2006
ok lets see, i want to know right from the beginnin that the friendship isnt entirely innocent as in, i know he wants me, he lets me know he wants me and that i drive him crazy, but he is willing to take it slow for both of us.
slow, but not too slow, in the sense that, when i strat flashin my red lights to you, u dont turn a blind eye to it(ie, if we watchin a romantic movie and i scoot close to you, maybe i want to be kissed but that dont mean i wanna have sex oh!)

" if I'm interested in a girl i'm either trying to date her or hit it, both of which i think are very innocent drives/missions"---0h so, u think tryin to hit a girl is innocent? lol, interestin, give me an idea of a scenario in one of ur dates, without the explicit images,lol, maybe i van try and explain what i mean
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2006
hey, if you are a real man, you need to figure out what to do cos it won't be nice if you give your dinner to a dog to eat. Don't listen to advices. be a man and think.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by zebudaya(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2006
mubowa:

hey, if you are a real man, you need to figure out what to do because it won't be nice if you give your dinner to a dog to eat. Don't listen to advices. be a man and think.

You tell me [b]not to listen [/b]to advice, then you [b]advice [/b]me to "be a man and think" What the hell do you know about being a man do you even have balls?

@me'myself. I think trying to hit a girl is innocent as long as she's not your friends girl, she's not underage, and I'm not lying about falling in love with her. Afterall i can't fall in love with everyone maybe once or twice in 2 years. I'm one of the good guys but I'm no saint also I'm not stupid the only reason she's at the date with me is because I'm not ugly and repulsive, and I have money to pay for the date. To me this is an investment, and I have to get something out of it even if it's not love
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2006
hey dude, i can't figure out what you are talking about and am boarded with the world what the hell, i think you just ear that though. am not advicing you, am only calling your attention to the reality of life.afterall the only thing you want out of the relationship is to hit the girl!!!!!!!!!!!! so why am still sending a message back to you i don't know and why you are asking the fox on-line what to do about it i do not know. because you already figure out what to do. go ahead and hit the girl sucker
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by zebudaya(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2006
18 year old. grin
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 26, 2006
what do you mean by 18 year old
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2006
you say my profile right? i know you're not gonna tell me you're a dummy when you are 18. am not trying to insult you but if that is what it is, i will like to tell you we are not in 1960 any more and the world is now enlightened. ennnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by nosakhare(m): 9:34am On Jul 27, 2006
U GUYS DIG THIS, HELLO BABY I SAW U FROM AROUND THE CORNER AND I FEEL U R HOT, HOPE U WONT MIND PULLING DOWN UR PANTS AND TOUCHING UR TOES, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT U GOT UNDER THAT HOOD OF URS, I THINK U NEED A TUNE UP, AND I GOT THE RIGHT TOOLS FOR UR ENGINE BABY!!!!!HA!HA!HA! JUST BE NICE AND CO-OPERATE, I WILL TAKE SLOW WITH YOU, AND WHEN U GET WARMED UP, I CAN THEN RAM U LIKE A BULLDOZER, TILL U SCREAM FOR HELP, BUT NO ONE WILL HEAR U, HA!HA!HA! COCKY AINT I,
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by memyself2(f): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2006
lol, cocky definitely and i fink u'll get either of two responses, it depends on your looks
if you are cute and u say that in a mock serious way, she could laugh (if she has a sense of humour) or you could get a real hard slap which u definitely deserve! lol
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by xqsmemiss(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2006
wats wrong wit dat? dats wat u call smooth sailing, ofcourse all gurls dont entertain u for the first few statements (stranger?) but if u come wit a line (u look like a super model) *w/c for me i find pathetic* n she entertains u, den u have a closed deal cus ts quite easy to compliment her. but i like da flow of the scene
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by amatu: 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2006
shocked well u got that girl to cheap
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Keisha(f): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2006
those lines are so old =Do I know u from somewhere, you look like like someone i know.
and why are you asking her to come to your house and don't even know her better yet she doesn't know you? And me personally i wouldn't have gotten in the car with u in the first place.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by omogenaija(f): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2006
dont tell a girl she looks like another angry angry
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2006
it was aiight. i dont like how he said she looked like tyra. he didnt have to compare her on the 1st day. he coulda said something else.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by haywhy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2006
Some people are trying to seek ladies opinion to know what's up. See no amount of advice and stuffs can help than to be a man. The fact that telling a lady it seems i know you some where is bad is wrong!!! Guys be yourself, what if you actually know her & you can't remember? Just dont be needy and nervous so that she wont take you as one of those customers, Ma man be different, there is no problem with what ever you say, it is who said it, how he said it & the situation in which he said it. SIMPLE!!! Stop allowing ladies to , you.
It's fun dealing with ladies i tell you, and any lady that treats you bad doesnt probably have a sense of good taste. Good luck

NOTE: Ladies get attracted to several guys a day just like guys.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by snazzydawn(f): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2006
Over here in Uyo where I stay,it does not take much to ask most girls out.Even the technique used by Don.Here,you can meet a girl and bed her,all on the same day.At no cost whatsoever,maybe,just a bottle of Gordon's spark and roasted fish.Not that I said,most girls.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by michy(f): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2006
snazzydawn:

Over here in Uyo where I stay,it does not take much to ask most girls out.Even the technique used by Don.Here,you can meet a girl and bed her,all on the same day.At no cost whatsoever,maybe,just a bottle of Gordon's spark and roasted fish.Not that I said,most girls.

they so cheap.most girls piss me off now
they sleep around like dogs just to get money and be like
others.even when they are not enjoying it.
for the sake of *big girlism*
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by zebudaya(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2006
Roasted fish. and gordon grin I should hit up uyo
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by crave(f): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2006
Story that happened to me on a visit to NYC.
I was on the Staten Island ferry.

Him: Hello
Me:   Hi
Him: How are you?
Me:  I am Fine Thank You. And You?
Him: So do you live on the Island.
Me:  No, just visiting

(As you can see, so far nothing strange, just chit chatting)

Him: My name is Prince Somebody Somebody. (Can't remember the name)
Me:  Prince, that is an unusual first name.
Him: Prince is not my first name, it is a title, and my father is a king.

Any way, to cut this boring dialogue short, he went on to say, that is father is king of Nigeria( from the name he gave me, I already know where he was from and of course the accent) and that because of the political unrest in the country his father is in exile in London.(Blah, Blah Blah).
Then he asked me out, stating that he will treat me like a princess and that money is no object, because he can get anything he wants from his father, all he has to do is ask him.

In my mind I am laughing like crazy, trying to see where this story will end.

He just continued saying that he will threat me well has no other man has.

I had to interrupt him and told him that if he goes begging to Daddy for money, he is no man and that by the way my name is Kemi and I'm a princess therefore we must be related.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by crave(f): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2006
So, who will fall for such a blatant lie.

At least, it made me laugh.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Remmzy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2006
Don: Hello lady
Bella: (squeezes face) Hello
Don: Your face looks familiar.
Bella: (still looking disinterested) Don't think we've met before.
Don: Not that we've met before. What I mean is that you remind me of
all those supermodels on TV.Bella: (tries hard not to smile but can't help it) Ummm Ummm
Don: Seriously. You look like Tyra Banks.
Bella: (lets out a wide smile) Thanks.
Don: My pleasure. So what's the name?
Bella: Bella
Don: Hmmm nice name. I'm Don, pleased to meet you.
Bella: Pleased to meet you too.
Don: So what's a beautiful lady doing here standing under this scorching sun.
Bella: I'm waiting for a Taxi.
Don: Oh really? I came in my car. If you don't mind, I can give you a ride.
Bella: Thanks.
(They both walk down to the car. Don opens the door for Bella to get in, then he gets in the driver's seat)
*In the Car*
Don: So where are you heading to?
Bella: Beantown.
Don: Oh I live very close to Beantown. Do you mind coming to know my
house then I can drop you off wherever you going afterwards?
Bella: Ummm I'm in a hurry today, maybe some other time. Sorry.
Don: When is this 'other time? I'll really love to see you again and
have some time to talk better with you.
Bella: Anytime, anytime really
Don: Ok Here's my card (passes his card to Bella) You can call me anytime.
Bella: (takes the card and quickly reads through with an expression of excitement on her face) ok
Don: So can I get your number?
Bella: It's 0804 265 8546
Don: Cool. I'll give you a ring.
Bella: Er, you can drop me infront of that white house.
(Don halts the car and Bella opens the door.)
Bella: Thanks for the ride.
Don: It's a pleasure. Hope to see you again so I'll give you a ring
sometime soon.Take care, Bel.
Bella: ok. bye
(Don watches Bella as she shakes ass down the street, he licks his lips.)

---
So my 1st question is this: if you're a guy, and you want to ask a girl out, is that a good way to do it?
And my 2nd question is 'did you like the story?'

All i can do is to laugh all through d reading, men the story is good but it doesn't go the same way always because it all depends on her mood, location, condition, level of exposure, life style to mention but few, So think ahead before loosing your head my guy!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Remmzy(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2006
Quote from: snazzydawn on August 01, 2006, 10:58 AM
If this is really true about UYO girls, then UYO should be called Sodom & Gomorah while the girls in question should be tagged Jezebels, The world is filled with crazy people, its really crazy av not sen any thing like unto UYO girls but my believe is there should be good once there of course! if not wahala dey oooooooooo duh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

If You Earn N65,000 Monthly, Give Your Girlfriend N50,000 - Nigerian Man Says / Undergraduate Fights Girlfriend Over N20K In Front Of Schoolmates In Abia. Photo / My Relationship Is About Crashing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.