Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final (12625 Views)

70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt / Zidane's World Cup Head-butt Immortalised In Bronze / Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by twinstaiye(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2006
Zidane's Head Butt, What Do You Say?

Even though, it has not come to light what actually Materazzi mutered to have provoked Zidane to give that head butt, what do you think of the whole Saga? Was he justfied?

1 Like

Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by sirwebs(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2006
If Materezzi hurled a racial slur (as i suspect) at Zidane then to hell with France not winning the w/cup because of it, i support the head butt. I have watched the clip a number of times since then and boy Zidane really went into him. Sorry if there are white folks in the house.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Badman888(m): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2006
Zidane really messed up for what he did, big time as in he is a respected player this was his last match for club/country and the WC finals. When u loose ur star man that hope of winning just drops in u
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by babadee(m): 9:38am On Jul 10, 2006
since he's quiting soccer, he wouldn't do so bad in wrestling with that head butt power of his that knocked out materrazi.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Priscila(f): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2006
His legacy still leaves on no matter what? those Azzuris had plotted such and it worked very well for them.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by mukina2: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2006
no one knows wat materazzi said to zidane so i dont really blaim zidane

even if he leaves real madrid now i guess he learnt that butt from the spanish bull fighting

materazzi will celebrate but he'll never forget that butt grin
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by justin04(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2006
Just to take a wild guess, for Zidane to react like that, the Italian must have called him an AlQaeda or something. Afterall, Zidane is an arab. Just guessing, but would like to know what was said to provoke him like that.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by soccerchic(f): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2006
HMMMMM, ZIZOU WAS JUSTIFIED IN MAKING THAT BAD HEAD. I LOVED IT AND IF ZIZOU HAD NOT DONE IT I WAS READY TO JUMP INSIDE MY PLASMA TV AND GIVE THIS FOOL AKA mateazzi MY OWN HEAD BUTT EXCEPT THAT INSTEAD OF MY HEAD I WOULD HAVE USED MY ASS. ZIZOU I LOVE U AND I LOVE THE HEAD BUTT, kiss

AND YES HENRY I WILL MARRY U, HOLLA WHEN U FIND THE PERFECT RING, kiss
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2006
it was very unprofessional for a player like zidane.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Larufa(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2006
There are two things I know will make Zidane to behave in such a manner.

They are :

1. If you say something bad about his religion--Islam
2. If you insult his poor family background.

Love Zidane, when he was giving the red card I stopped watching the match.

He is a living football legend, an enigma with or without the red card.

Let just wait for more information about the incident.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by my2cents(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2006
Well, WC 2006 is over but I am sure that what will be on everyone's mind for at least this week is not that Italy won but why Zidane would do such a shameless thing, being the captain in particular, as head-butt an opponent on what could have been the best day of his career.

So I also have been scouring google for the reason and it turns out I am not alone. Here is a link to what someone claims was said. Of course, take with a pinch of salt. I could have pasted it here but I think tis best to c it in its entirety. You will hv to scroll to the bottom somewhat b4 u find what was said: http://mondoweiss.observer.com/2006/07/the-only-question-what-did-materazzi-say-to-zidane.html

Enjoy!! If u find/hear anything different, do let us know grin
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by twinstaiye(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2006
First, is there anything, anything at all that can make anyone did that? My answer is there are 1001 reasons why any of you or me will did Zidane butt. Like us all, he is being human. Someone told me that what Materazzi said was that, he called him an Arab terrorists 3 times, of course he did not make thei 4th because he was head butted. The Italian coach was once Zidane coach, he probably leak what can anger zidane to his players and Materazzi being notorious for such stupid character was the one to have said it. He deserved the head butt quite alright as much as Zidane deserve the red card provided the 3 officials had spotted it not without the help of the 4th assistant or the big screen.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Badman888(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2006
even what he did was wrong but on the news its more about him that Italy winning the cup,
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by akinnaija(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2006
well I think Fifa should find out that and make sure metarazzi is punished for it. He must have said something really derogatory, Zzou for life pals
ciao
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by GUNNER(f): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2006
Materazzi denies Zidane jibe!

Italy defender Marco Materazzi has strenuously denied reports that he called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'.

The 32-year-old was responding to suggestions made by the Paris-based anti-racism group SOS Racism that he apparently used the phrase seconds before the France captain head-butted Materazzi in the chest in extra time.

Zidane was sent off as a result of his actions before the Azzurri went on to defeat Les Bleus 5-3 on penalties after a 1-1 extra-time draw in Sunday's World Cup final in Berlin.

SOS Racism claim well informed sources told them of what Materazzi allegedly said to the now-retired Zidane, but the Internazionale player denies making any such statement to the former Real Madrid man.

"It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist," Materazzi told Italian news agency Ansa.

"I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means.

"The whole world saw what happened on live TV."

the source is skysports.com lipsrsealed
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by spikelord(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2006
Big lie, Remind him of the fact that he stays close to the pope and he should do what is expected of him, say the truth and shame the devil.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by omoniger(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2006
There is a thin line between Genius and madness.

Zidane certainly crossed the line yesterday.

What a shame and a big minus on a glorious career.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by diddy4(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2006
it is a line. he did great. no one knows what the dude said to him. zidene has never lost his cool but the dude must have said something to make him really loose it. he still won his medals and stuff and he will go dan in history as the only legend that ended his career with a red card and head butting a guy dat deserves it.

i like him even more after he did it. it shows he is human. even though he wud have controlled his anger until after the match, well, i cant blame him. i still got love for the dude.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by diddy4(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2006
i still love zidene for what he did. that was real gee. damn, never knew i cud find a gee in a football squad.
zizou has never lost his cool so the asswipe must have said something to make zizou head butt him nicely. when i saw it, i was like damnnnn, dats whats up. the guy fell down straight.

zizou for life y'all.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by my2cents(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2006
diddy4,

I could be wrong but I think:

1) zizou got suspended about 6 yrs ago for 6 games or so for head-butting someone

2) materazzi totally faked the impact of the head-butt for effect.

Again, just thinking out loud, but i could be wrong cool
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2006
I still love Zidane but that was a moment of insanity. I guess the dude said the right things to make him go off
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by kitaun(m): 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2006
who cares
EL MAESTRO remains a legend on the field and off it
take it or leave it grin grin grin
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2006
Zinebutt zidane, needed a red card to retire, how sad
hit materraxi on the head like a mad cow, that was really some moment of madness!! shocked shocked
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 11:19pm On Jul 10, 2006
Grizz, watch it, i love him still. Never call him zinebutt again angry angry angry angry
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2006
ok ma'am. . wink
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2006
good, now we are cool again
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2006
never, not after he did this. . ! angry shocked

Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2006
grizz, i'm gonna get angry oh! Leave my zizou alone. angry angry angry angry

That idiot must have said something that deserved the head butt
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 12:03am On Jul 11, 2006
well, just because of u, angry tongue
nothing deserves that stuff!! shocked lipsrsealed
yeah rite, we all love zeezoo grin
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 12:09am On Jul 11, 2006
Thank you! Now let zizou enjoy his retirement
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by rikkyjen(m): 1:35am On Jul 11, 2006
j-girl:

Grizz, watch it, i love him still. Never call him zinebutt again angry angry angry angry

Zinebutt or[b] Zinebald[/b], the guy still messed up sha undecided undecided shocked angry cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 1:38am On Jul 11, 2006
lol. can't you guys just call him his name? He messed up yes - i still love him.
you live in indianapolis? i was supposed to be there today - that's cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? / First Nigerian To Play Professional footie in England? / Pep Guardiola : Sane Out For ‘six Or Seven Months’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.