Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,341 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) (3312 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / Trending <<agbada For Females>> [pix] / Best Deodorants For Males/females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 6:42am On Sep 13, 2005
Yeah, there are girls in here. We shouldnt all come here for relationship and sexuality and games and whatnot.
I am a fashion freak, I think everyone should be.

For girls, I think what constitutes a "speedy" makeup kit is a well-edited collection of products that multitask and can be easily applied with fingers or a big fluffy brush; think creamy textures, soft colors that suit your skin tones. I hate it, hate it when i see a girl and she has a really plain face. It just makes me want to take the girl, put her in my room and give her a make-over. You think it's crazy uh?? I know it is.

I ain't saying you should turn yourself into a Monster by rubbing pancake on your face, i aint saying you should look like a total fashion disaster, all i am saying is, add a little doddle to your riddle. Some girls know they have really oily face, yet they walk arround saying "i am natural beauty, i don't need no powder on my face". Like WTF are you talking about?? If u don't want powder, buy clean and clear facials to wash your face and keep it clean. Some say, "my lips are naturally pink i need no lip chap/stick", please spare me that. You need lip gloss, You[b] need[/b] it. You just do.

I go arround with more than 6 lip gloss in my bag, and chap sticks. When i see people that has chapped lips, i don't care who u are, i'll offer u my lip gloss or chap. I think the face is something that should always be neat.

As for men: You see most men saying, "only gay men use lip gloss". Please, You can use lip gloss, get it, it doesnt have to be a shimmering pink gloss. There are lip gloss that keeps your lip fine. But if you're the "everything is gay kind of man", a lip balm/chap stick will do u no harm.just carry it arround.

I love talking stuffs like this, Soo ermm, why not say what you think about the way people take care of their face?
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by layi(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2005
"Looking good is good Business"

Guys or girls. Everyone ought to look good. Nothing stops men from gettin facials, manicure or even pedicure done once in a while.
Its pretty lame to shizzle yourself out just because u don't want people to think u are gay.
Let the gays do their thing and u do urs. Its a free world.
Your body is your body. If u love it, you'll take care of it.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2005
People, does it count that I dab my face with a alcohol-based cleanser once in a while?
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2005
Yes seun. You should do facials and all that once in a while. Just like layi said, Pedicure and manicures arent for females only. GUys should do it once in a while.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by angelak(f): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2005
Hotest Angel, please what do you recommend for black spots? what about acne? do you encourage the use of concealers for everyday use? meanwhile do you by chance know how much IMAN corrective concealer cost over there? can you give me a full break down on what facials entails?

I am not into these things and i know is so bad.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by dovey(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2005
Whether male or female, anyone can apply facials n make-ups so far you do it in the right way. I believe whether male or female, u have to look good because sometime, your physical appearance really matters a lot to the world. So, my guys look good
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by layi(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2005
@AngelaK.
The facial skin is very diff from the other parts of the body (dont be fooled by the even tone all over). The facial skin is extremely sensitive. Thats why most cosmetologists prescribe special facial creams as opposed to general body creams. I said that to say this: You have to be careful when dealing with your face. There's no overnight success when it comes to dealing with acne. Just do it the right way and be consitent.
The major cause of acne is the excessive oily secretions from the sebaceous glands in the 3rd layer of the skin. The oils are neccesary to protect ur skin and keep u lookin young. But when ur facial skin is dirty and clogged. The oils wont get their way out and as a results pustules are formed around the pores.
Truth is, if your face can be kept clean throught the day, you wont have acne. Thats a difficult task though especially for those in the temperate region like Nigeria.
My advice is u get cleansers and keep ur face clean at all times.
For the black spots. You'll have to use exfoliants or a Supertoner to tone the spots. U should get results within 2 weeks depending on the cause.
But remember its easier to avoid dark spots that clearin it.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by Scorpio(f): 12:08pm On Sep 14, 2005
Hot-angel, pls can u come to my skool n talk to dem gurls? trust me, u'll b tired of handing out lip-glosses n make-up kits. i'm goin to print this out and paste it on d Web-Ct so they can c.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2005
Angel i have a class now so i'll just sum it up.

I think using pankcake to cover acne is extremely bad. it's better to treat the acne and keep your face clean. Some girls can't live without pancake. They cement their faces (some look good, but majorities look like lucifer's wife).

If you are in Nigeria, there's this thing that they sell, it's in an dark brown bottle for face and shoulder (i cant remeber the name but i am 60% sure it starts with L). If you are here, you can use clean and clear, pro-active (very good) and some stuffs recomended by your determotologist.

Not everyone is blessed with great skin, some black spots like the ones that stay behind after you pinch your pimples, those ones don't go no matter what you do (on some skins, like mine). the best thing to do if u have this kind of skin is never to pinch your pimples, just use the right face cleanser and let it dry out by itself. I know the tickle of playing with it is soo enjoyable... but the mark it leaves behind is annoying. if you have some little black spots, it does you no harm to uses some nice powder (not pancake) to cover it. White powders are good if you're just going to be a t home, but i must say, everygirl should buy poweders that macth her skin tone, and i am 100% sure, no one's face matches the white powder.

hey i'll be back. i am 3 minutes late to class already.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by WesleyanA(f): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2005
i don't think make-up's for males. females or gays only
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 7:14am On Sep 15, 2005
Uh.. hello? We aint saing males should go about with make-up. We are saying, taking care of your face, cleaning it so as to avoid, oils that the face generates from wherever scientist says it comes from. As a guy, i don't want to see you in powder all in the name of, i am trying to conceal a black spot. I'll personaly kick your butt for being stupid.

The point is, use right cleaning cream/or whatever has been recomended for you face. AT HOME. Like before you go to bed, and when you wake up. No one sees you.. all they see is the fresh face when you go out. They don't know what you r doing to maintain that face.

Girls can still cover theirs with powders and we know what we use (actually they kno what they use.. smiley) but it's better for them to clean their faces. every night before going to bed. I just don't see myself sleeping alright without a night shower, or a face wash. It makes me feel like... God! It's actually part of me now, and i don't count it as an extra work i have to do every night. Okay this isn't about me sooo...... lets move on.

I think everyone should do facials. But guys pleaseeeeeeee, dnt use your sisters concealer to cover that black spot you have because you're going a date. She's a girl, she'll notice it. She knows the color.. except for if she's a man in a girls cloth and that must mean, you are both gay. Get the vibe?

Note: Use proper face cleaning. Ask dermatologists for better face cleansing liquids, or search online for good products.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by angelak(f): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2005
Thanks hot-angel
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by uchetobi(f): 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2005
Please where do i buy good makeup at a real good price say powder, lipstick, lipgloss and shadow.
Pls Lagosians
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2005
I don't know where, because obviously i don't live in lagos. But what i know is, never buy powder from those girl by the roadside.... or on the bridge. Those stuffs are "elubo" + "coloring". I can assure you that "Tony montana" powder is a good powder, Buy the color that suits your skin. infact Tony montana has some facial products, and i bet they r good. Besides they aint expensive.

For Lip Gloss, you can buy the one by the street. Infact, those ones are better.. (for some weird reason). They seem to be thick and fabulously well scented. I will advice you buy Lip-sticks that are glossy like. Normal lip sticks are too dry, except of course, you will add gloss to it. Din't use pomade to rub your lips. It's Shines --- yes, but it suck. vaselines are good, but how much is 15 naira for lip gloss? oops.. i totally went to the Nigerians. Those that are in Nigeria feel the vibe.

You can go to the dollar store. I aint shy to say, i buy Lip gloss from the dollar store. Lips gloss in the dollar store are soooo good. try it i say! But ermmm... don't buy One dollar store powder ooo.. it's not good. try Cover-girl or mary-kay. They are the less-expensive ones... and they r really good. Just buy your skin color, and enjoy the skin you are in because "you are worth it" (loreal paris). wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by layi(m): 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2005
hot-angel:

.......... never buy powder from those girl by the roadside.... or on the bridge. Those stuffs are "elubo" + "coloring".

cheesy cheesy

hot-angel:

For Lip Gloss, you can buy the one by the street. Infact, those ones are better.. (for some weird reason). They seem to be thick and fabulously well scented.

I guess those ones are "toothpaste+ petrol" smiley

@Uchetobi..
I dont know much sha but u Just get ur butt to "Occasions Plus" First floor, Silverbird Galleria. U'll love it there. Anything makeup under the sun...u'll find it there...
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 4:15am On Sep 16, 2005
I remebered this facial stuffs my cousin uses. She was telling to buy it if we had it here. I remembered teh name this afternoon, but i had no pen and paper close to me, so i couldnt write it down. I guess i'll get the name from her for you.

Layi, You r sick! cheesy
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by uchetobi(f): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2005
Thanks.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by Latoya(f): 5:31am On Sep 20, 2005
yes HA is actually right,i think we should all come together and say our skin problems,and ask questions about facials,make ups,massage,relaxtion in the house,perfect sleep,how u can get your own face exfoliation ingredients in your kitchen,how u can treat your nails and feet right at home.just holla at HA or moi,i guess we will be glad to help u!!!
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 6:03am On Sep 20, 2005
That's the spirit sister. We are all here to help each other and learn afterall. smiley
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by Latoya(f): 6:15am On Sep 20, 2005
yep yep
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by layi(m): 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2005
I used to have a very bad acne prob but i don't anymore.
Here's my tips

For those with real bad acne problem. You can go for glycocylic acid facials just to exfoliate the dead skin cells leaving the pores clean and clear.

But if its so bad Microdermabrasion & lymphobiology treatment will sure do magic (regardless of your skin type). Lymphobiology drains oils from the sebaceous gland making your face *feel* drier for a while. Microdermabrasion peels a few microlayers of the skin (especially for those wit blemishes like dark spots).

But like i said in my previous posts, prevention is better than cure because the face shouldn't be exposed to harsh chemicals often. Its make u look older after a while.
So for maintenance routine:

Always keep your face clean, aerated and shielded for excessive heat(from d sun).
Have regular facials
steps
- Wash face with face wash (not soap)
- Cleanse with lime (not lemon)
- Scrub with facial scrubs
- Heat with steam
- Extract impurities with an extractor
- Apply facial mask

Do this twice weekly and maintain good personal hygiene for a glamorous skin.

NB: Face here means face & neck. Also note that you need to take care of your entire skin , not just face alone so you wont say your complexion is yellowish blackĀ  wink
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by Latoya(f): 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2005
Exfoliating your face with oat is really good.u soak it and scrub your face with it,it leaves it fresh and clean
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by allonym: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2005
i find that mud with a slight sprinkle of ginseng and a dash of honey works wonders for me
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by IAH(f): 11:48am On Nov 22, 2005
I don't use make-up. Although I use powder on my face and vaseline on my lips. I love to paint my nails too. cool
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by sweetpea(f): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know where, because obviously i don't live in lagos. But what i know is, never buy powder from those girl by the roadside.... or on the bridge. Those stuffs are "elubo" + "coloring". I can assure you that "Tony montana" powder is a good powder, Buy the color that suits your skin. infact Tony montana has some facial products, and i bet they r good. Besides they aint expensive.

For Lip Gloss, you can buy the one by the street. Infact, those ones are better.. (for some weird reason). They seem to be thick and fabulously well scented. I will advice you buy Lip-sticks that are glossy like. Normal lip sticks are too dry, except of course, you will add gloss to it. Din't use pomade to rub your lips. It's Shines --- yes, but it suck. vaselines are good, but how much is 15 naira for lip gloss? oops.. i totally went to the Nigerians. Those that aint in Nigeria feel the vibe.

You can go to the dollar store. I aint shy to say, i buy Lip gloss from the dollar store. Lips gloss in the dollar store are soooo good. try it i say! But ermmm... don't buy One dollar store powder ooo.. it's not good. try Cover-girl or mary-kay. They are the less-expensive ones... and they r really good. Just buy your skin color, and enjoy the skin you are in because "you are worth

Thx so much deariee u did a very nice job here.would try to get some of the product,I always have pimples when I'm on or when I'm stressed hope this one has remedy too?
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by hotangel2(f): 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2006
sweetpea:

Thx so much deariee u did a very nice job here.would try to get some of the product,I always have pimples when I'm on or when I'm stressed hope this one has remedy too?

The pimples you have when you are on, normally tend to heal once the period is over. I wouldnt say you should 'kill' them, with strong facials. Just wash your face with good antiseptics soaps and you should be fine.
Ohh and stop stressing urself out, if u dont want pimples. wink
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by sweetpea(f): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2006
thx dearie u really made my day.luv ya.You mentioned antiseptics, which one would be ok for me?
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by sweetpea(f): 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2006
can I use facial cleanser too?I really wanted to stop using it and just leave my face like that,wouldn't know if it would be ok.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by Eastcoast(f): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2006
a good remedy for acne is proactive solution.
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by sumbo(f): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2006
hi,
i must confess i dont really have time for my face, but i dont have problem with it ecept some occassion...
is washing the face at night alone ok
at least to remove make up and oily substances smiley
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by Rhodalyn(f): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2006
i guess it'e beta 2 wash da face daily if u wnt a perfectly smooth n fine face
get very good facial cleansers n makeup n ur face will be kiss
Re: Facials & Make-Up (for both Males & Females) by allonym: 8:22am On Mar 04, 2006
wouldn't make-up be going against God by spoiling what he has worked so hard on with wordly views of beauty?

The foibles of human beings. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dark Circles Round The Eyes / Suitable Outfit For A Convocation Ceremony / Beautiful Casual Footwears For Ladies, New Stock Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.