Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding (13359 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Planning A Cross Cultural Wedding Reception-ideas Needed / Planning A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by estrella(f): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2008
this is strictly for the laides, im getting married next year february and im very new to the processes involved in planing a wedding, can anyone tell me where to buy a beautiful but affordable weddding dress? i also need to know how possible it is to have an outdoor wedding in a palce like abuja or zaria? plus, is it normal to feel scared about getting married with the wedding a few months away?
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by AmakaOne(f): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2008
Never been married or organised a wedding before. ( not planning to either despite Phillip 001's hints  grin )

Just want to say Congratulations and wish you a happy married life.  smiley

Have a look at this site.

http://www.weddingplannerworld.com

It focuses on Naigerian wedings.
It might not have all the answers you are looking for, but I'm sure you could pick up a thing or two from there??

It's Nigerian Wedding Planner's website (it's owned by a lady called Duupe) and  I think she also has a magazine that she publishes?

Her adddress : 55, Kudirat Abiola Crescent, Oregun Road, Ikeja. Lagos. Nigeria.

Here's a couple of other sites you could have a look at.

1. Funke Bucknor - Zapphaire Events - http://www.zapphaire.com
2. Omolara Akinosho - Just Weddings -http://www.bisidada.com/justweddings/home2.html
3. Gbemisola Adenekan - Omega Events - www.myomegaevents.com
4. Ibidun Ajayi - Elizabeth R - still searching for info
5. Jibola Ponnle - Stencil Events - www.stencilevents.com
6. Yewande Zaccheues - Eventful
7. Duupe Adeniran- Weddings Impeccable - www.weddingplannerworld.com
8. Gina Ojomo - Any Events Plus - www.anyeventsplus.com

Here's a few others in the North

Festive Friends Limited
Address: Suite 20 Abuja Amusement Park Bumbuna St Wuse Zone 1 Abuja
Phone: +234 9 5239833

Jaffa Investment Ventures
Address: Suite 27 Abuja Shopping Complex Plot 2161 Funmilayo Ransome Kuti Rd Area 3 Garki
Phone: +234 9 2344803

Pamdo Co Limited
Address: Suite B6-B7-B8 Noble Complex Area 11 Garki Abuja
Phone: +234 9 3148245

Red Sapphire Nig Limited
Address: Suite 2 Plot 534 Sultan Abubakar Way Wuse Zone 5 Abuja
Phone: +234 9 5233617, 2344690 Ext 6185

Retz & Kez Limited
Address: Suite 8 Ilube Plaza Plot 598 Kashim Ibrahim Way/Aminu Kano Cres Wuse II Abuja
Phone: +234 9 5237702

Wedding Planner, The
Wedding Planning, venue search, decorations, souvenirs, general wedding coordination etc
Address:Chicken House, Plot 472. IBB Way, Wuse II, Abuja
Mobile: +234 (0) 805 511 0689

Once again Happy Married Life and ENJOY your wedding, Remember it's the bride's day (no matter what these New Era Equal Opportunity Metrosexual guys will say)
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by AmakaOne(f): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2008
Hope this was helpful?
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Ben13: 11:15am On Sep 25, 2008
Getting scared few weeks before the d day is normal.
But don't be carried away.
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Cayon(f): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2008
Never been married b4 but my gift to my niece was the wedding dress. i orderd it from vera wang

http://www.verawang.com/bridalfashion/Default.aspx?grp=Weddings
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by abujabooks(f): 1:21am On Nov 05, 2008
@Amakaone,

U r very informed about wedding.
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by SeanT21(f): 2:01am On Nov 05, 2008
Its Okay to be Nervous.

I hope You do not become into a Bridezilla!!
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Rade01: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2009
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I think its normal to be somewhat agitated, the process of planning your wedding can be stressful. I'm married and remember when I was trying to plan mine,  my dear you have to look beautiful on your day inspite of the stress and all. That's why its good to work with a wedding planner, a good one will take the stress off you, see the article on what to expect from your wedding planner on Elise Charles blog.
Elise Charles ( http://www.elisecharles.com) offers unique gifts/souvenirs  for special events. Please feel free to contact us, we are here to handle that aspect of your event and help make it most memorable! Best Wishes

Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Exstar(f): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2009
@ Post, CONGRATULATION! wink I'm really happy for you,
It's the Lord's doing 'cos these days guys ain't just ready
to take up responsibilities! lipsrsealed

Yeah! It's really normal to feel a little ''cheesy and quisy'' plus anxious,
You just have to take it cool and try asking those married pple what
the procedure are if you do not want to spend more cash employing
a wedding planner. cool
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by sweetmum(f): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2009
congratulations!
happy married life.
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by hotpot(f): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2009
Sapphire Events Managements

Sapphire Events Management is a full service company that provides complete consulting services. Our service enable us to find the best Venue ,Music, Audio, Video and Sound, Bridal and Wedding outfits, Make over, Caterers, Rental Services, Cake Decorator, Venue Decorators, Photographer’s Mc’s, Limousine/Transportation anything else you may fancy.
We are passionate about sourcing the best service .We endeavour to keep our service miles to a minimum and support, we hire seating for hundreds of people order transportation for guest we also find venue that’s affordable ‘Scratch of the above’. Our consultants are experienced and dedicated professionals with many years of event planning experience. Sapphire Events is unique. We give our clients our undivided attention. We listen to their needs and work with them to create the event of their dreams. Our clients' wishes become our commands. So whether our client wants a Western, African or more traditional wedding, we can help. Further enquries please contact via sapphire.events@live.co.uk or visit www.sapphireevents.vpweb.co.uk
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by ifyalways(f): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2009
CONGRATS babe. kiss
Its perfectly alright to be nervous few weeks or even months to your wedding ! dont let it bother you,just live your live like a dream and take in the whole fears and euphoria calmly.
Amakaone have supplied u with all the necessary info abt wedding planners.
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Omolola1(f): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2009
congratulations big time!
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by dee012345: 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2009
Trying to plan for my friend too and the best ever website so far though for stuff like wedding planning is still www.go2gurl.com I found it very hard to find Nigerian websites of people who do cakes, photographs etc in one place. This website has a lot of information in one place oh The website even has information on rental places you can rent cars for events, furniture places, even supermarkets too. I really like it because you can click on a lot of things and it leads to a lot of websites.

I am definitely using it for a lot of things. Best of all you can actually just email them and set up an appointment and they will do a gift website for you. Is that not kool or what. All I did was call them and we went to some stores. The lady put up pictures of all the wedding gifts that I want on a webpage and I included the webpage info on my wedding IV. So people can just go there, pay for my gifts and all the gifts will be delivered to your door step. I think they do it for new baby and birthdays too. I have been recommending them everywhere.

Very good service too, not nasty and rude.

www.go2gurl.com
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by tiffcisco(f): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I came across this while trying to search outdoor wedding sites in Abuja. I noticed no one answered that part of her question. Does anyone know of any venues that are beautiful, outdoors, and holds a lot of people in Abuja? Also, what are your thoughts on the Abuja Hilton and Sheraton for weddings? Thanks so much for your input! It is greatly appreciated!

Tiffany
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 08, 2009
Hilton and Sheraton are great indoor venues, but  quite pricey. Outdoor venues,for now, aren't ideal cos of the rains, but after that, there are a lot of gardens available for outdoor weddings. Just drive through wuse 2 on saturdays and you'll see for yourself. Truth be told, there are a lot of boutique hotels in Abj city that can cater to your demands, such as Reisz continental. You can play around with the space and make it your own fantasy wedding, be creative with your venue, Goodluck.
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by tiffcisco(f): 4:07am On Aug 08, 2009
ezinne,

Thanks for your response it was very helpful!! I did notice that there were many gardens and was thinking that would be a great idea. About the hotels, I was talking to my mom about it and she said the exact same thing. The Hilton and Sheraton would be very pricey and there were prob other hotels I just didnt know about. (I checked the Reiz as you suggested and it does seem quite nice!) I will also talk with my sister in laws and see what they have to say as well as they live there now. I will be going at the end of the month, so I will be sure to drive around the area you mentioned. The wedding is in a least rainy season, and I've always dreamed of an outdoor wedding so I will continue to check it out! Thanks for all your help!!! :-)

Tiffany
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by hotpot(f): 11:57pm On Aug 11, 2009
D'Vale Events Limited

D'Vale Events Management is a full service company that provides complete consulting services. Our service enable us to find the best Venue ,Music, Audio, Video and Sound, Bridal and Wedding outfits, Make over, Caterers, Rental Services, Cake Decorator, Venue Decorators, Photographer’s Mc’s, Limousine/Transportation anything else you may fancy.
We are passionate about sourcing the best service .We endeavour to keep our service miles to a minimum and support, we hire seating for hundreds of people order transportation for guest we also find venue that’s affordable ‘Scratch of the above’. Our consultants are experienced and dedicated professionals with many years of event planning experience. Sapphire Events is unique. We give our clients our undivided attention. We listen to their needs and work with them to create the event of their dreams. Our clients' wishes become our commands. So whether our client wants a Western, African or more traditional wedding, we can help. Further enquries please contact viadvale.events@gmail.com or visit www.dvalevents.co.uk or 07093077233 ,08065281085.

Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by SWeddings: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hi, you can also check out Sugar! Weddings www.sugarweddings.com. Lots of real weddings have been featured on our site for inspiration, there's also a directory listing wedding related vendors and general tips and advice. Good luck to all the soon to be brides!
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Makay: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
Nd if ur really really into wedding fotography u shud click

http://orbitmedia.shutterchance.com

nd if ur impressed place ur order @ orbitmedia@live.co.uk grin
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by acabado: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2009
Congratulations! For cakes you need not go too far. log on to www.acabadocakes.com. The designs will help you decide.
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by benedictac(f): 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ Poster, congrates, some of us went through it too, u dont need to be scared. just be urself. well my candide advice to u is this, what is ur budget, cause this will determine the planning. Where will it be comfortable for u that u wont get into debt thereafter, is it Zaria or Abuja?

Your sincere answers will help u, i dont believe in wasting money, my slogan has always been "I have the best but, not necessary the most expensive" be wise my dear or u might just get into debt, instead of enjoying ur honeymoon u might only be thinking of how to settle debts, and i tell u now man likes it, even if he is pretending.

if u need my sincere advice, then send me a private message.
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by acabado: 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2010
I always have smiles on my face whenever i hear someone is getting married. This is because at least two people from many just got more matured and are ready to goom tiny minds (babies) to maturity also.

Congratulations! For cakes you need not go too far. log on to www.acabadocakes.net. The designs will help you decide.
you can call me on 08032065650, 08023177365 or send mail to acabadocakes@yahoo.com
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by vanillaz: 5:24pm On May 05, 2010
Hi,

all a bride needs is in www.namywedding.com
wedding ideas, celebrity wedding pictures, fashion, beauty tips from tara(house of tara)

u can even feature ure wedding like a celebrity, call 012701333 or email info@namywedding.com
good luck
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by jonina: 12:38am On May 24, 2010
jonina events /wedding planners are the best in abuja. they plan weddings, birthdays (both adult and children) , graduation parties, surprise parties and are very affordable, 08034032068, 08081369722, gerieno@yahoo.com.thanks a million
Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Hehi58(f): 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
2010's HOTTEST BRIDAL PROMO !

Your Wedding Gown + Bridal Professional Make-Up + A 4 Tier Wedding Cake + = N150, 000

12 Great FREEBIES…, and you don’t get one of them you get them ALL OF THEM.

1. Free 1 Tier Traditional Wedding Cake
2. Free Dessert Cakes for 250 Guests
3. Free 50% off all Wedding Shoes
4. Free 30% off all Chandelier Earrings & Bracelets
5. Free 50% off all Fascinators
6. Free 50% off all Hair Accessories e.g. Tiaras, Hair Combs and Hair Pins
7. Free Complete Nail Fixture for Bride
8. Free Eye Lash Fixture for Bride
9. Free Professional Gele Tying for Bride & Bride’s Mum
10. Free Make-up for your Mum & Chief Brides Maid
11. Free Make-up for 4 Bride’s Maids (Bridal Train)
12. Free Make-up Touch up for all

This Promo will be available till 31st December 2010 however Bookings MUST be made on or before June 30th, 2010.

We look forward to making your special day a memorable one indeed.

Thank you once again.

Rachel Inegbedion
Wedding Promo Consult
weddingpromo@yahoo.com

Re: Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding by Teema1: 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
CONGRATS!!!!!

TEEMA BRIDALS is at your service

AT TEEMA BRIDALS WE ARE INTO:

Bridal Wears & Accessories
Imported Gown and Nigeria Made Gown (Free Delivery)
Aso-Oke
Jewelries (Diamond Ring)
Make-Up
Wedding Cake
Customized SMS for invitation
Fabric & Light Decoration
Floral Arrangement, Hamper & Souvenir Indoor & Outdoor Catering
Event Manager

Also into
• Exquisite Banquet chair
• Banquet Tables
• White Plastic Chairs and Tables
• Big and small frame canopies
• Hall Decoration
• Stainless Steel Tables
• Generator
• Wrought Iron Bridal Chairs
• Chaffing Dishes
• Plastic Drums
• Industrial Fans
• Plates
• Table Linen/chair covers
• Ice Chest
• Cutlery, Glasses, Tray etc
• Tents
• Catering services/small chops/cakes/Drinks/children party
• Event Decoration
We also provide professional Service boys and girls.

All at reasonable prices

You deserve the best celebration and only the best can do for you.
We delight in ensuring your satisfaction.

For enquiry and booking
Call
07095213703, 07061132622
teemabridals@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Event Guest Shows Off His "Amazing" Dance Skills (Pics/Video) / How To MC An Event? / ***** Happy Birthday Mukinatu*******

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.