Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Who Will Interpret My Dreams? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Interpret My Dreams? (3379 Views)

Urgent.....someone Pls Interpret My Dream. / Men & Women Of God In The House Should Please Help Me Interpret My Dream / Interpret My Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2008
I've been having weird dreams lately. Dreams of death of my boyfriend in a ghastly auto crash, widowhood, dreams about my father bitten by a cobra, my mother dying from a heart attack and last night it was me committing suicide. The irony of it is that I was thinking about suicide earlier yesterday and what push people into it and whether God will truly punish people for taking their own lives. I'm a bit worried that something bad may happen to me or around me. Can someone lend an insight on some possible interpretation besides mine puleeze?
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Cayon(f): 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
I was told when you dream about death - you see the living (someone you haven't seen for a long time.)  The snake represents evil or temptation.  If the snake bite you, you will succumb to evil influences, and enemies will injure your business (if u have one).

Your spirit needs to be strengthened especially by fasting and prayer
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by KarmaMod(f): 11:33pm On Sep 22, 2008
Ask Negro_Nations

I hear he's a psychic obanje.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2008
Cayon:

I was told when you dream about death - you see the living (someone you haven't seen for a long time.) The snake represents evil or temptation. If the snake bite you, you will succumb to evil influences, and enemies will injure your business (if u have one).

Your spirit needs to be strengthened especially by fasting and prayer

cheesy cheesy This is balderdash. My father used to tell me something, you dream silly dreams when you over eat. Where in the bible is the snake represented as evil or temptation? Simply because the "serpent" is used to denote teh devil in the bible? Well the devil did not appear to Eve as a snake, he did in form of a man.

@ Deepzone, your dreams are simply a product of an over-active imagination. On the rare occassions i get such dreams i immediately rebuke them in the name of Jesus Christ and promptly go back to sleep. The bible tells me a thousand shall fall at my left and ten thousand at my right but no evil shall come near me or my friends or my family. Chikena . . . i am covered by the blood of Jesus . . . i shall fear no dreams.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2008
I've also been dreaming.
Things are moving around me, but yet, I cannot move.
I cannot talk, I'm only allowed to watch.
I tried to scream, but no sound. Every time I wake up, my muscles are sore, especially my shoulder and legs.
This dream, I've been having since I was 10-12.
I'm not sure what it means, but recently, I haven't had it for a while.
dreaaaaaaaaaaaaams they say, is more than a dream.

I told my mom about it.
She told me to pray before I sleep
Anytime I'm dreaming this dream, I should try to wake myself up.
Pray before I go back to sleep

DZ (if this is not one of your psychotic jokes), you can try to do the same.
Pray, my child, pray.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Cayon(f): 11:52pm On Sep 22, 2008
@Davidlan:

Must everything based on the bible?  Anyway, The biblical King Solomon was known for his wisdom Sometimes we have to use our wisdom. . . . . you agree . . . .right??

Dreams are real. And as proof, the bible gave us Joseph's dreams as an example

Bye
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 22, 2008
Cayon:

@Davidlan:

Must everything based on the bible?

As a christian, my answer to that is YES. I cant see how anyone can operate a machine without a manual . . . likewise cannot a christian live a life without the operational manual . . . the bible.

Cayon:

Anyway, The biblical King Solomon was known for his wisdom

What does the above mean?

Cayon:

Dreams are real. And as proof, the bible gave us Joseph's dreams as an example

Bye

Dreams are real - true. What are the interpretations?

The bible gave us Joseph's dreams for a specific purpose . . . he wasnt just seeing snakes chasing him around or eating fish and chips.
We need to be clear here, God gives dreams and visions to His children for a specific purpose . . . if you have a dream that makes you afraid it is definitely not from my FATHER.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I've also been dreaming.
Things are moving around me, but yet, I cannot move.
I cannot talk, I'm only allowed to watch.
I tried to scream, but no sound. Every time I wake up, my muscles are sore, especially my shoulder and legs.
This dream, I've been having since I was 10-12.
I'm not sure what it means, but recently, I haven't had it for a while.
dreaaaaaaaaaaaaams they say, is more than a dream.

I used to experience this when i was a kid until the day i came to understand what it meant to "ask and ye shall recieve". I woke up that night, knelt by my bed and said a simple prayer never again to dream if it wasnt from God. That was the very last time i dreamt about anything in over 10 yrs.

Dreams that make you sad, anxious and afraid are not from the FATHER . . . 1 Timothy 2: 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Claim your heritage as a child of the Almighty . . .
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:01am On Sep 23, 2008

The bible gave us Joseph's dreams for a specific purpose . . . he wasnt just seeing snakes chasing him around or eating fish and chips.
We need to be clear here, God gives dreams and visions to His children for a specific purpose . . . if you have a dream that makes you afraid it is definitely not from my FATHER.

But I do have no business with the devil either. Somebody told me that some people are trying to get me down with juju but as far as am concerned, I'm not owing anybody.

How do you know the dreams that come from God?
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by huxley(m): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2008
davidylan:

cheesy cheesy This is balderdash. My father used to tell me something, you dream silly dreams when you over eat. Where in the bible is the snake represented as evil or temptation? Simply because the "serpent" is used to denote the devil in the bible? Well the devil did not appear to Eve as a snake, he did in form of a man.

@ Deepzone, your dreams are simply a product of an over-active imagination. On the rare occassions i get such dreams i immediately rebuke them in the name of Jesus Christ and promptly go back to sleep. The bible tells me a thousand shall fall at my left and ten thousand at my right but no evil shall come near me or my friends or my family. Chikena . . . i am covered by the blood of Jesus . . . i shall fear no dreams.

What sort of theology is this?  I remember posting a thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159856.0.html) about the advantage enjoyed by Christians, quoting Psalm 91, and you strongly disagreed that this was not meant for Christians.

Are you just making things up as you go along?  Looks like that to me.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:02am On Sep 23, 2008
Ask Negro_Nations

I hear he's a psychic obanje.
That psycho will complicate your life the more. Okurin la ti enu no.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

But I do have no business with the devil either. Somebody told me that some people are trying to get me down with juju but as far as am concerned, I'm not owing anybody.

That's what I heard too grin grin
I started praying kia kia grin grin

davidylan:

I used to experience this when i was a kid until the day i came to understand what it meant to "ask and ye shall recieve". I woke up that night, knelt by my bed and said a simple prayer never again to dream if it wasnt from God. That was the very last time i dreamt about anything in over 10 years.

Dreams that make you sad, anxious and afraid are not from the FATHER . . . 1 Timothy 2: 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Claim your heritage as a child of the Almighty . . .

So do you think it's juju or just fear? What I'm experiencing in reality?
Or is it the manner in which I sleep? trying to talk like religion sec ppl here
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Cayon(f): 12:06am On Sep 23, 2008
davidylan:

Dreams are real - true. What are the interpretations?
Wisdom?  The person who interpreted Joseph dreams is not with us today. wisdom Davidit's all about Wisdom

Exibit 1: You have a daughter. She has choir practice at church. She told you that practicing finish at 12 midnight and she is going to walk home. Are you going to search the Bible to see if there is a scripture on your daughter coming home at late night or are you going to use you brain to think . WISDOM DAVID. . .WISDOM. YOU REMEBER KING SOLOMON . . . .RIGHT?

@DZ

Like I said before Your spirit needs to be strengthened especially by fasting and prayer
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2008
huxley:

What sort of theology is this?  I remember posting a thread about the advantage enjoyed by Christians, quoting Psalm 91, and you strongly disagreed that this was not meant for Christians.

Huxley, i will not respond to you beyond this because this is another attempt to hijack threads that dont belong to you. Quoting the bible like a charm is worthless to the unsaved . . . and that was my very argument. As a child of God, saved by the blood of Jesus . . . i have every right to claim the promises of the FATHER.

DeepZone:

Job had no business with the devil either . . . neither did Jesus Christ invite the devil while He was fasting. The bible does not say the devil will not come to tempt you but it gives you the answer - James 4: 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Some people say . . . some people say . . . whose report will you believe? Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

your dreams dont seem to be thoughts of peace but of evil.

DeepZone:

Open your bible.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:11am On Sep 23, 2008
Open your bible.
Open what chapter and verse because am not conversant with the bible although I want to be reading it like I read OK magazine everyday.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by skfa1: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2008
Nice one cayon
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2008
@DZ

Like I said before Your spirit needs to be strengthened especially by fasting and prayer

Do I have to fast in order for God to help me out of this misery? God didn't put fasting as one of the conditions for helping His children in the times of distress.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by huxley(m): 12:14am On Sep 23, 2008
davidylan:

Huxley, i will not respond to you beyond this because this is another attempt to hijack threads that don't belong to you. Quoting the bible like a charm is worthless to the unsaved . . . and that was my very argument. As a child of God, saved by the blood of Jesus . . . i have every right to claim the promises of the FATHER.

I know you would like to be left to wallow in this cesspit of duplicity. But the way I have seen you ride roughshod over other people who you think have "lesser" knowledge and understanding of the bible than you do, you deserve to be called to rights when you get it muddled up, as is your wont.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 23, 2008
huxley:

I know you would like to be left to wallow in this cesspit of duplicity. But the way I have seen you ride roughshod over other people who you think have "lesser" knowledge and understanding of the bible than you do, you deserve to be called to rights when you get it muddled up, as is your wont.

the duplicity is your own invention. Its impossible for me to say Ps 91 is not meant for christians . . . i quote it myself when it comes in handy. Perhaps you will do well to direct me to the thread in question.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Cayon(f): 12:17am On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

Do I have to fast in order for God to help me out of this misery? God didn't put fasting as one of the conditions for helping His children in the times of distress.
sure you can just pray with sincerity.  

There are times I choose to fast and prayer (a personal decision)
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:18am On Sep 23, 2008
sure you can just pray with sincerity.

There are times I choose to fast and prayer (a personal decision)
Do you normally get extra blessings from God for mortifying yourself?
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by skfa1: 12:19am On Sep 23, 2008
I used to see lovely houses in my dream,what does this mean? somebody help.

Secondly, I have had this dream up to three times that my dad is driving in Uk. Actually my dad is in Nigeria while i`m in Uk.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 23, 2008
Cayon:

Wisdom?  The person who interpreted Joseph dreams is not with us today. wisdom Davidit's all about Wisdom

Exibit 1: You have a daughter. She has choir practice at church. She told you that practicing finish at 12 midnight and she is going to walk home. Are you going to search the Bible to see if there is a scripture on your daughter coming home at late night or are you going to use you brain to think . WISDOM DAVID. . .WISDOM. YOU REMEBER KING SOLOMON . . . .RIGHT?

You have a point but as regards this issue, wisdom does not come in here. Its black and white . . . are wicked dreams from God? NO!

DeepZone:

Open what chapter and verse because am not conversant with the bible although I want to be reading it like I read OK magazine everyday.

Well you can start from today . . . rebuke the dreams in prayer and believe God has answered you. But first you must realise He wont be listening to the unsaved so you have to make sure that's taken care of.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:23am On Sep 23, 2008
Well you can start from today . . . rebuke the dreams in prayer and believe God has answered you. B[b]ut first you must realise He wont be listening to the unsaved so you have to make sure that's taken care of.[/b]
Na today? I accepted Jesus Christ long time ago.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Queenisha1: 12:24am On Sep 23, 2008
skfa1:

I used to see lovely houses in my dream,what does this mean? somebody help.

Secondly, I have had this dream up to three times that my dad is driving in Uk. Actually my dad is in Nigeria while i`m in Uk.

this is your post #419 shocked shocked
the beautiful houses actually mean beautiful graveyards.
Prepare,you're about to be called home  grin  wherever yours might be

Then your dad driviving means the opposite for you.
Buy youself some good tennis shoes
and prepare for a lifetime of trekking before you answer the aforementioned call
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 23, 2008
huxley:

What sort of theology is this?  I remember posting a thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159856.0.html) about the advantage enjoyed by Christians, quoting Psalm 91, and you strongly disagreed that this was not meant for Christians.

1. thank you for directing me to the thread. So what was the duplicity there? Was that not a prayer of David? Is the christian restricted from asking for those same benefits as David once did? Did my bible not tell me to ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE?

2. You attempted to pass off Ps 91 as God's list of benefits He promises the christian . . . NO. Except you ask amiss (read James), God is more than able to grant you the desires of your heart (which includes sound health, security, blessings both physical and spiritual e.t.c.) . . . but just like David did in Ps 91 . . . YOU HAVE TO ASK!

That was what i tried to convey in the earlier thread in a nutshell. I know honesty is not something you cherish but i needed to set the records straight.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 23, 2008
_Queenisha:

this is your post #419 shocked shocked
the beautiful houses actually mean beautifil graveyards.
Prepare,you're about to be called home grin wherever yours might be

Buy youseelf some good tennis shoes
and prepare for a lifetime of trekking before you answer the aforementioned call
Why opposite?
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

Na today? I accepted Jesus Christ long time ago.

Once saved is not forever saved. You have to daily renew your mind. Apostle Paul made that abundantly clear.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Cayon(f): 12:29am On Sep 23, 2008
GOD IS MY PILOT and no matter what the circumstances, I always PRAY and PRAY. Honsetly, I think I am a blessed child.  Many times I have said to myself "God does treat me "better than I deserve. That's the beauty about God, he doesn't think like we humans  He is forgiving.  He is loving.

There is nothing i can offer you but to tell you to Pray with sincerity

My last on this topic kiss

Peace
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:31am On Sep 23, 2008
Once saved is not forever saved. You have to daily renew your mind. Apostle Paul made that abundantly clear.
Do I need to accept Jesus as my personal savior multiple times because our pastor said you can only do it once although you may be a backslider that wants to commend your life to God once again.
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by DeepZone: 12:33am On Sep 23, 2008
this is your post #419 Shocked Shocked
[b]the beautiful houses actually mean beautiful graveyards.
Prepare,you're about to be called home Grin wherever yours might be
[/b]

Buy youself some good tennis shoes

O ga la re. Are you a prophet of doom?
Re: Who Will Interpret My Dreams? by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 23, 2008
DeepZone:

Do I need to accept Jesus as my personal savior multiple times because our pastor said you can only do it once although you may be a backslider that wants to commend your life to God once again.

Dont quote me, this is my personal conviction. I believe if you backslide you have to accept Christ again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White People Hardly Go To Church Now / Waking At 12am At Night Every Time. / Seed Sowing And The Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.