Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (496458 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2006
Man City wins 1-0.
Neither City nor Arsenal deserved any point.
This is the worst premiership game i have seen in 10 years.
Thierry Henry will look at this match and say he would never be crowned as the world footballer of the year.
Shame on the Arsenal team.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2006
When u depend on a player too much, he becomes too confident of himself and whenever he does not play well,the whole team does not play well. Thats exactly d case wit Wenger, henry and arsenal.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2006
I disagree, it was another case of over-elaboration, too many times hleb, fabregas and rosicky got into shooting positions but failed to score
henry played well enough, if not for those 2 lucky saves he'd have had 2 goals in the first half.

its really a pity, Wenger needs to stop teaching these boys to score perfect goals. they need to just score!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2006
My stance still remains that Wenger cant do witout henry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2006
@Justkunmi and Jackal

Now you can talk and yab abi?
Well its not your fault, its the fault of the boys that failed to put the ball into the net, but yet thank God,May is still far away cry cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:54am On Aug 27, 2006
@kitaun
no hard feelings, but the arsenal team i saw yesterday can't go far this season (if they continue d way they played yesterday) they wont even last till the may ur lookin forward to. Not to talk of europe.

@man utd fans. Bayern would sign van bommel this week.That should pave way for hargreaves to move to old trafford. Tevez too might join this week. United should have a full house against tottenham and d main one, against arsenal. Lookin forward to it.

One united.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2006
@kitaun
no hard feelings, but the arsenal team i saw yesterday can't go far this season (if they continue d way they played yesterday) they wont even last till the may ur lookin forward to. Not to talk of europe.

@man utd fans. Bayern would sign van bommel this week.That should pave way for hargreaves to move to old trafford. Tevez too might join this week. United should have a full house against tottenham and d main one, against arsenal. Lookin forward to it.

One united.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2006
Read on bbc that bayern has agreed 17m pounds for hargreaves.He should be at old trafford before d end of d week. They r going to sign van bommel as a replacement.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2006
Read on bbc that bayern has agreed 17m pounds for hargreaves.He should be at old trafford before d end of d week. They r going to sign van bommel as a replacement.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toptho(f): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2006
it is a transfer rumour from the times.it has not been confirmed.bayern still say they r not interested in selling hargreaves even with the impending arrival of van bommel.
eagerly waiting for 1st of sept. when we can all know d confirmed transfers.fingers crossed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Priscila(f): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2006
jackal & man U fans!
am overwhelmed for you guys.I admire the character of Disunited.they lose their top scorer and score 5 in opening game, without him and they lose two of their best scholes 7 Rooney to suspension and still put 3 past Charlton.Anyway impressive!
Are you sure this has to do nothing with red hot louis saha's shocking face?

As for you who think arsenal is going to roll over and watch you claim a hat trick of titles think again! It wont happen.The first will be the last finish the restTtemporarily on top of the table.
The likes of Sunderland are on the way and as soon as yesterday you will be packing up to 3 baskets of goals from Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2006
and blah blah plus blah. grin grin grin grin grin

Worry more about ur team and dont get get jealous of United.
Arsenal is going down plus Jose Reyes has just dumped ur team with Ashley Cole rearing to leave the gunners as well.
These lads know Arsenal can't win shhhit this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Priscila(f): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2006
jackal!
am not jealous for you guys. its just too early to start ululating  or having palm wine.
i understand the excitement you have. I heard even Allan Smith is fit to play.
saha and his band of muggers are making me sick.
And that bad boy Rooney! i forgive all .
As for Antonio reyes, let him go after all he failed to reach Igwe standards last season
and Cole was not even there when we made to UEFA finals.
We can have gallas instead one of the best defenders in premiership
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Grizzly(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
Hmmm. Somethings are too early to predict, like who is goin to win the premiership this season. . .
But, judging from the despicable performance, immense mediocrity, and loss of focus of the gunners, one thing that cant fail to happen, is the fact that arsenal are not going to be anywhere near the first four, after 10 games. Quote me. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Priscila(f): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2006
Grizzly!
reduce too much use of pics now.I know you love Arsenal too much that you can't shut your trap. Its allowed.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Grizzly(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2006
But thats my signature, prisccy dear! grin cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2006
Grizzly I love ur siggy, its difficult coming out with a clear permutation for what Youssef Moaning-ho is doing.

@Priscila did I hear you say Saha no fine, too bad cuz I thot I had hopes with you.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by momoney1(m): 12:07am On Aug 29, 2006
it's not about buying all the big names and loosing all matches. ONE UNITED remains ONE. if we must consider any thing it's our midfield, but that doesn't mean we are weak, we remain No 1.

MAN UNITED cool.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2006
yaeh, mo money, we remain number one

dunno if hargreaves is still comin but its like trezeguet might be a red devil before the end of the week.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2006
Torres
Macherano
Viera
Tevez
Senna
Hargreaves
Reo-coker
Haefstad(sp)
Trezeguet

Carrick!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2006
Hopefully we'll do very well this month as per if we are able to trounce Spurs, Gunners and Celtic. I think that'll be a real boost for us, we still need a forward and maybe we can converst O'shea into the Hargreaves or Gattuso we want.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2006
Imagine coveting over 10 players and getting only 1, na wah o! shocked grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2006
Bolton got anelka, fortune, meite. Chelsea got shevchenko, ballack, mikel, kalou, boulahrouz. Liverpool got kuyt, bellamy, palleta, gonzalez, aurelio. Newcaslte got martins, duff. Portsmouth got glen johnson, sol campbell. Tottenham got berbartov, zokora, mido, malbranque. Even west ham got tevez, mascherano. Who did man utd get? MICHAEL CARRICK,

fergie's ways really beats me, . man utd was the only team with more than 15 players linked to them but only managed to get an overpriced turkey, carrick.
can u imagine, torres, riquelme, tevez, mascherano, senna, hargreaves, luca toni, trezeguet, downing, viera, diarra, gattuso, graveson, adriano, martins, and many more i cant remember. and with all of this, fergie could only manage to get carrick. it wouldn't have been much of a bother if he had been 4million, but the guy "cost" man utd 18.6 million pounds.
With our problems still intact, fergie loaned the brightest youngster in the team Rossi, to Newcaslte. to add to martins and duff, imagine. The most annoying thing was the way he handled the hargreaves/senna issue. we could have had senna for 4 million but he didn't sign him cos he tot he already had hargreaves. Now hargreaves is not comin, senna is not leaving villareal. Mascherano is now in west ham. viera is now in inter. Graveson now in celtic. Diarra now in real madrid. so who's left?

Should we still believe that fergie knows wat he is doin? How does he expect us to go through the season with only scholes and carrick.,,, knowing how injury prone these players are.

Someone please tell me fergie knows wat he is doin.

ONE UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2006
Its annoying what these coaches do to themselves and moreover to us the supporters of these clubs because of their ineptitude displayed in buying quality players when declared available

Good for West Ham cos i will say this is a major coup on the major teams in the EPL, though Chelsea and Liverpool were very prominent in the transfer market but where went Arsenal and Man Utd

Now its been rumoured that Abrahamovich had a hand in the purchase of WHU shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2006
abrahamovich had a hand in it
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2006
That is the latest rumour in town and it remains so until dispelled cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Priscila(f): 11:03am On Sep 01, 2006
Jackal and Huc
Where are you? When I talk of Man U I like seeing those names being backed by other fans like Nuggard and co.

the point is Rooney, Ronaldo, saha are the new architects whose Fergie has already staked his legacy upon. At least they can provide their manager with vindication.
Michael Carrick as a holding midfielder is likely to transform things as much as he was overpriced.
They look destined for another top 4 finish and ought to make amends for last season’s shock champion’s league exit at group stages.
With that attacking thrust of mid-fielders Giggs, Scholes, Soljkaer, I tire for you.
I actually thought Disunited would face a bumpy ride after the sale to RVN but Saha is in exhilating form. He can now fit the prolific boots of RVN the natural striker.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2006
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2006
@Prissy I'm just a fan like you,I've checked out guys' (manU ) reaction some are plain
horrified a few others think there is no cause for alarm. As for me I'm keeping my hands crossed and my ears straight.

Your analysis of the squad (Man U's) may be too optimistic, definately we will loose a match and we are only at best 2 points ahead of other teams Saha has been great but not consistently lethal.

In my uninformed opinion I would rate Rossi as an 8 goal forward by December, now he's joined Newcastle.

Its fact and poor showing that since the Glazer take over as well as Kenyon's exit we have'nt bought a soccer "shaker" neither have we bought a Golf caddy as a player.

Just gonna keep cheering United, Hopefully Chelsea would be found guilty and given their 3 point deduction for tapping up Leeds players. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2006
end of transfers, man utd not in the action. maybe fergie is cutting it too close?
rooney will get suspended again this season and saha will be injured sometime, who's going to score then? ole and smith? maybe, but i hope MU make it safely to january so one or 2 buys can be made then.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2006
Really really hope man utd can last till january witout injuries especially to Scholes and Saha.Maybe we can still get hargreaves in january, but he'll be cup tied by then
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bami(m): 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2006
i'm so dissapointed with the summer transfer brouhaha. i think we were the biggest loosers in this transfer window. all we could get is an overpriced turkey called carrick, while west ham who got promoted last season could get tevez and mascherano. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.