Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (79513 Views)

Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by Jackie(f): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2005
Hello People, Hope u get wonderfully blessed by this. Someone sent it to me and I loved it. It's real. Comments are always welcome. What do u all think, i know it could be a lot to read just put in a few minutes let me know what u all think, which points makes more sense, less sense or no sense at all. It is OK to critisize as well.

Personally i think this is a intuitive message and could kinna  give u some guidance in your life not necessarily relating to marriage but just about relationship with people and life as a whole.

Powerful message by Minister Creflo Dollar

[center]This question is a valid one and many of us have asked the same thing. Some of us who didn't ask the question have suffered tremendously because we choose a mate. I want to begin answering the question by saying this - God does not "choose" a mate for you. This is a misconception that many of us have as believers.

Creflo Dollar did a wonderful teaching on this and basically what Pastor Dollar said is that God makes "presentations - It's up to you to choose."
The Lord doesn't make choices like that for us.  He doesn't even make the choice for us to be saved. We have to "choose ye this day whom we will serve." If God doesn't force salvation on us, He certainly will not force a mate on us. So, I'm so sorry to tell you, you can't put it on God. The choice is yours. That being said, God will certainly not have us ignorant.

While He does not choose our mates, He "presents" potential mates who, based on His infinite knowledge, He feels will meet our needs. My, my, my, If I'd only listened to the leading of the Holy Ghost and not my flesh. But that's another story.... Moving right along.  I also want to add that it just as important to be the right person as it is to choose the right person.

If you are not all you need to be, even if God were to send the right man/woman, you could not be in a position to receive him/her. You won't know how to treat him/her, talk to him/her, love him/her, comfort him/her, support him/her, nurture him/her etc.

Ladies, I'm going to help the brothers out a little bit. Some ladies say we want a good man, with a good job, handsome, built. Don't get mad with me now, but are you where you need to be? Are you a good woman with a good job? Do you make yourself attractive and do you keep yourself in shape? Or are you living beneath your privilege a spoiled, big mouth, loud, unruly woman that never combs your hair, your fingernails are dirty and you got runs in your stockings and scuff marks on your shoes?  Lawd, y'all ain't going to like me today. That's alright. You just need to be honest with yourself. You want a man that looks like Denzel, shaped like Wesley Snipes, and paid like Michael Jordan, but you don't keep yourself up, shaped like Miss Piggy, and your credit is so bad you can't buy a tube of toothpaste on credit. Did I say something about credit? ( Let me leave that credit thing alone!) 

But seriously, you've got to bring something to the table too. What do you have to offer this wonderful brother that you're believing in God for? One has to be honest with one's self.  Now, after you have examined yourself, ask yourself some basic questions about the man you're considering:[/center]

1. Is He/She Saved?

That's the first question you need to ask.
If not, that person is not the one and if you think he or she is the one, then that might be the person, but not the one right now. You need to wait. The bible clearly states that women are to be submissive to our husbands. It is difficult to submit to a man who is not submissive to God. He is not equipped to lead you. I don't care how much money he makes, what kind of house he lives in, what kind of car he drives, or what's in his bank account. If he does not know Jesus, he is not the one.

2. Do you have the same beliefs?

If you believe in speaking in tongues, does he/she believe in it too? If you are a woman minister, does he believe in women preachers? (Some brothas have a hard time with this one....). What was his/her religious/spiritual up bringing? Does he greet people by saying  "Praise the Lord" or does he say  "Assalaamalaikum"? Would either of those bother you?

3. Do you have the same interests?

I know a couple of sistas that happen to love to read, sing, write, watch soap operas, talk shows etc. But, in a minute, they will beat any man to the TV for a good football game, boxing match, and basketball game. Most men can appreciate that! What things do you have in common?

4.Is he/she interested in you?

Do you have to call all the time?  Go see him/her all the time? Initiate all communications? If so, the brotha/sister don't want you. I just have to make it plain. If you have to do all the calling, all the writing, and take all the initiative, just face facts and move on. Don't run behind him/her chasing them, because even if he/she is a little bit interested, that will turn him/her off. A person with some determination knows how to pursue what they want. If it's you they want, he/she knows where you are. You have too much to offer somebody to be playing cat and mouse.

5. Can he support you? (THIS ONE IS FOR THE LADIES..)

"Can he pay your bills...can he pay your telephone bill...can he pay your automobile..." or is he a "Triflin' good for nothin' type of brotha..." It sounds like the women are gold diggers and for a woman of the world that might be the case, but we're talking about what the Bible says. According to the Word, the man is supposed to be the head-IN EVERYTHING! Some men want to be the head until it's time to pay bills. When it's time to pay bills then we all equal. We are all one in the Spirit. Man, please! Ask the man if he can and is willing to support you if necessary. He might get mad, and if he does "he ain't the one." If a man is not willing to provide for you, he doesn't think very much of you. Leave him alone. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't work, but if you work, it should be because of your choice, not of necessity. I'm in the book, y'all. Don't get mad with me.

Then ask yourself some basic questions:

* Is this a person you want to see naked for the rest of your life?

* Are you physically attracted to him?

* Does he/she have other children? If so, are you ready to be a parent to children you didn't birth?

* Is he/she your spiritual equal or greater?

Ask yourself these and other questions and be honest. Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and let things line up with the Word of God. Does he/she fit the bill? Will he love you as Christ loves the church? Will she willingly submit to you? Will he be your provider, protector, comforter, nurturer, and a godly head? Will she be your helpmate? If you feel good about the answers to your questions, then pray about it and trust God. Chances are, you've got the right one! If not, keep waiting. It's better to be single for a little while longer than marry the wrong person and head to divorce court. Trust me.

Hope this has done you some good. "Often the most difficult part of faith is when no more action can be taken and nothing remains but to wait patiently for God to work out His will. It is at this moment that doubts arise and anxiety creeps in.

YOU ARE BLESSED, SO BE A BLESSING TO SOMEONE TODAY.....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by lioness(f): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2005
Jackie,

This is awesome i tell u. Its simply the best.
This article just delivered me from myself.

Thanks and God bless Ya plenty plenty

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by hotangel2(f): 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2005
Wow. Nice one.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by Jackie(f): 12:05am On Oct 15, 2005
@ hot angel grin grin grin yop girl i think it's a very rich piece.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by WesleyanA(f): 1:36am On Oct 15, 2005
nice and funny at the same time
i love these parts especially grin:

Ladies, I'm going to help the brothers out a little bit. Some ladies say we want a good man, with a good job, handsome, built. Don't get mad with me now, but are you where you need to be? Are you a good woman with a good job? Do you make yourself attractive and do you keep yourself in shape? Or are you living beneath your privilege a spoiled, big mouth, loud, unruly woman that never combs your hair, your fingernails are dirty and you got runs in your stockings and scuff marks on your shoes?  Lawd, y'all ain't going to like me today. That's alright. You just need to be honest with yourself. You want a man that looks like Denzel, shaped like Wesley Snipes, and paid like Michael Jordan, but you don't keep yourself up, shaped like Miss Piggy, and your credit is so bad you can't buy a tube of toothpaste on credit. Did I say something about credit? ( Let me leave that credit thing alone!) 

If you believe in speaking in tongues, does he/she believe in it too? If you are a woman minister, does he believe in women preachers? (Some brothas have a hard time with this one....). What was his/her religious/spiritual up bringing? Does he greet people by saying  "Praise the Lord" or does he say  "Assalaamalaikum"? Would either of those bother you?
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by EddyTells(m): 2:25pm On Jan 23, 2006
This has been a blessing to a whole lot of my girlfriends.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by babymine(f): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2006
Thanks Jackie. This is great! I hope all the ladies in the house read this article.. wink
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by IAH(f): 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2006
I didn't read that post but based on the title, all I know is that God is soooooo not choosing my partner for me. I'm the one that will choose myself! cool
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by eliztoy(f): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2006
This is a beautiful write-up.God bless you.
Nice weekend.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by Iknowwhoim(m): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2006
Incidentally lots of unmarried folks (and married ones at that) don't have the faintest idea about marriage.

I ask intending couples who want to get married a simple question:

Que: What is the principal purpose for marriage?
Ans1: Companionship - you don't have to be married to have a companion
Ans2: Procreation - There are several children out of wedlock (I don't condone it)
Ans3: For this reason shall a man,
Ans4: To avoid fornication - something caused the fornication. Marriage would not solve it.

How sad reasons to get married

Gen 2:8,15 in context states that God planted a garden and place the man in the garden to tend it and keep it.
That is responsibility.

Later on Gen 2:18 and God said "It is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him an help meet (suitable) for him."

In other words he would do a better job of the the responsibility given to him if he had help. God's focus was the job at hand; thet it be done well.

Now you'd think that God realising after observation of His CEO in the garden as he was working would bring him a wife and presto!

What did God do? He started to bring all the animals to Adam to see if they could help him. Alas there was no help

19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

In other words God's first option was not a wife. A woman was the last resort for God.

The CALL and success in the CALL was what was upper most in God's mind.

Once you can recognise God's call on your life, your half way through to knowing.
Knowing your calling is central to knowing who to get married to or at least who not to get involved with.
If the one you calim "loves" you does not help you in you call and make you a greater achiever towards your call, watch out!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by lopez(f): 7:06pm On Apr 01, 2006
wow, jackie thanx for sharing this blessed piece.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by eveseh(f): 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2006
by the way the person is

and if the person love u thanu casn say i have find someone to call my own
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by dominobaby(f): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2006
Nice one.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by dearzi(f): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2006
Wow!! that's really tight! another message to listen to is "No More Sheets" by Prophettess Juanita Bynum, ladies, it will help you get a clear order for your life as a woman before getting married.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by spicy007(f): 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2008
that was an inspiring message, thank you my sister
and more of it ooo
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by chibaby5(f): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2008
nice one. . . . smiley
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by superdave: 2:29am On Aug 26, 2009
When You meet her in Church!
Seriously, I definitely have all of the qualifications to meet the "Right One" however I will continue to wait for her. My Princess is on her way for God will do things in his own time. Be introspective, look inside and improve yourself. Refine yourself. polish a "bit". And sit back and wait and perhaps she will just walk into the door some day and hit you like a ton of bricks.
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by otokx(m): 2:55am On Aug 26, 2009
cool
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by Jellitah: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
Deleted! PHOCKING WRONG SE-XTION! cool
Re: How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
Bumpety bump grin

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From The Burial Of Pastor Dare Adeboye / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It / Stephanie Otobo Reacts To N1B Lawsuit By Apostle Suleman (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.