Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs (1741 Views)

Mitsubushi Space Wagon(Three seater) Auto Transmission For 300K for urgent sale / 08 Registered Altima Thumb Start, Auto Transmission For Sale pix here / 2 UNITS Tokumbo 2004 Toyota Corolla (manual Transmission) For N1.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by inema: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2008
Please i need someone to help inform me on how or who will fix my honda accord v6 98 model that is having transmission problem.The gear is not changing and you can imagine how frustrating that can be most especially when the can is not up o two years i bought it from cotonu.
I need help/advise as soon as possible plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by constantk: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2008
@poster
invite technicians from honda place if you can afford it or just go somewhere around gbagada or surulere for honda mechanic. yea
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by inema: 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2008
Thanks my bros for your advise,im based in Port-Harcourt and do not know Lagos too well.
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by chikeze(m): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2008
call this guy his my honda mechanic in port harcourt. 08033102041 his name is okey tell him that richard that drives a blue babyboy directed you.
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by inema: 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2008
thanks my bros im grateful
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by sultaan(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2008
Indication from edmunds.com are that you cannot easily fix the problem.You will have to get a factory rebuilt unit.
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef3ff72/0

It a liilte hard to find, but I saw this online
http://market.autopartsfair.com/honda-transmissions/find_product.html?make=honda&model=accord&year=1998
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2008
i can fill ur pain but hope u know it gonna set u back like 200,00-300,00 k for a new transmission.dat u may hav to order.i think you should find out about the price and shipping too
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by inema: 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2008
my dear brother,the money may not even be the utmost problem but getting the right stuff.im making some contact with my cousin in Carlifonia and he has made some enquries too,he saw one for 1500 dollars with 40,000 as milage.his friend is willing to put it in his container that will be leaving next month for Apapa for 300 dollars.so you can imagine what im going thru,but even when i thought of selling it some one is pricing it 400tsnd,however ive made up my mind to bring in the gear box and fix it.i understand that cars major problem is the gear box.
All the same thanks for your concern and will abreast you with futher developments.
B/rgds
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by bplenty(m): 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2008
Hi there, I don;t all the time or leave comments, but i actually had this gear problem stuff with my 98 Honda Accord EX, I got it fixed here in Lagos, I live around Akoka along Unilag Road in Lagos, feel free to call me if you need this, it wont even cost you all up to this $1400 and your gear will work fine i bet you, call me on 08055042940, so i can give u mpre head ups
Re: 98 Accord V6 Transmission For Repairs by jpphilips(m): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2008
my dear,
there is fire on the mountain o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
babyboys' greatest problem is transmission and my dear, the gearbox no be come chop oooo
a very good friend of mine that just came on board spent about 250k on a fairly used transmission system excluding VAT and Repair charges on a 6 month old fairly used baby boy
any way, since you stay in ph,
go to location road by orazi after the big tree as you re heading towards Mandella car wash, there is a mechanic by your left, ask of one calabar guy called Friday,
i learnt he pulled out of Honda place not long ago
the guy is a Honda Guru.
He will even direct you where you will buy a good gear box,
fixing Honda is his destiny!!
Good luck!!!!

maybe next time Try Camry (toyota 4 life!!!)

(1) (Reply)

Buy New & Used Cars On Motortrader, Nigeria. / A Register Toyota Camry 2003 Se / 2010 Honda C-rv 5 Million New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.