Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland (136028 Views)

Seun, Too Many Topic On Front Page. / Project Topic On Human Resource Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Simonbar: 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Its about a girl sending my husband nude picture my husband was a teacher in the school the girl attended I have been noticing her since when she was in ss1 not until this morning that I saw the picture she sent my husband her name Is ojugbele sulait her Facebook Id is Ade dolapo eniola
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Tomiwamole: 6:04am On Oct 15, 2019
sshhoollaa:
Pls i am looking for two of my friends that we lived together in Warri some 16 years ago:Deji and Bukky Agbelusi. Pls if u know them tell them to contact me through ayansolay@yahoo.com.It's urgent and important.Thanks.
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by bodpals(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
How long will it take to for someone who just registered on nairaland to share posts
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by bodpals(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
We have large quantity of palm kernel nuts available at Bodpals business . If interested you can contact us via whatsapp on 09023252432 or Bodpals@gmail.com
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Moladele90: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nice
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Ndubest10(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2019
Q: What is dentistry?
A: Dentistry is the branch of medicine that is involved in the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, commonly in the dentition but also the oral mucosa, and of adjacent and related structures and tissues, particularly in the maxillofacial (jaw and facial) area.Although primarily associated with teeth among the general public, the field of dentistry or dental medicine is thus not limited to odontology (odoús, "tooth"wink – the study of the structure, development, and abnormalities of the teeth. It is the study of the mouth and its disorders and diseases.

*It encompasses treatment of the face, jaw, cheek, structures in the mouth including teeth, lips, tongue, palates, gums, saliva and salivary glands and other procedures*

Dentistry is a very wide aspect of medicine with about ten subspecialties. Other aspects of medicine that can be likened to dentistry are internal medicine, peadiatrics, surgery. These aspects all have subspecialties too.

Dentists are surgeons BUT not physicians.

This is because eight out of ten times you visit a dentist, he will work on you (be it minor/major surgery) that is why you will be given a Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree (BDS/BChD) upon graduation. Similarly, graduates of medicine
whom have specialized in surgery, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, O&G, pediatrics and other surgery related field like anaesthesia are not physicians.

Q: How can I become a qualified dental doctor?

A: To become a qualified dentist you need to have five O level credit in English, mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology and fulfill the UTME and PostUTME requirements of your chosen school. Please note that we have nine schools presently offering the course in Nigeria with very few quota system. Therefore prospective candidates must prepare well to meet up with the cutoff mark as it is usually the highest after medicine ( there were cases in the past when it was higher than medicine in some schools) in the College of Medicine/Health Sciences of your school. The following schools are currently offering the course with their students quota in bracket; UNIBADAN(30), UNILAG(40), OAUIFE(25), UNIBEN(25), UNIPORT(15), UNN(15), UNIMAID(15), LASU(10) and UNIMED(10). You can also apply for DE with your first degree with a second class upper division of any biological sciences or basic medical sciences discipline.

Q: What should I expect during my training?

A: Dentistry is for six years for UTME and five years for direct entry.Your first year will see you through advanced physics, chemistry,
biology, mathematics(not all schools) and general studies. This is going to be the easiest class in your undergraduate days. Each school has
criteria for promoting to the next class as their will be no room for carry over, any student found wanting will repeat the class or be withdrawn. Your 200 and 300 levels will be basically anatomy,physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology and pathology to be learnt together with your medical colleagues. There is no grading system that is, no A or B will be awarded this is because after completion of your course you wont be given first class or second class, your certificate will state PASS. However after each final examination you take at the end of each level, it is either you PASS or RESIT or REPEAT or WITHDRAW. In addition to those courses dental students will be taught oral biology, science of dental materials, dental operative techniques, prosthetic techniques in 200 and 300 levels. Then you will write your first professional examination marking the end of pre-clinical. In 400 level you will be taught and undergone postings in the different specialties of medicine, and that of surgery, you will also be taught and undergone postings in pharmacology and all aspects of pathology including morbid anatomy, chemical pathology, haematology & immunology, microbiology & parasitology, histopathology together with your medical colleagues. Then you will write your second professional examination. In 500 and 600 levels you will be taught and undergone postings in community medicine together with your medical colleagues. In addition, Dental students will be taught and undergone postings in oral radiology, oral pathology, oral & maxillofacial surgery, restorative dentistry, paediatric dentistry, preventive & community dentistry, dental therapeutics, endodontics, oral medicine. Then you will write your third professional examination and be inducted by MDCN.

Q: Where can I do my internship?

A: I have heard newly graduated medical doctors lament on where to do internship before their 24 months temporary license is due. This is so because we have medical schools all over the countries (federal/states/privates) with new ones coming up every year. This lack of space and limited time has forced some to do the internship as supernumerary meaning that they will do the one year internship without pay. This is different for dental doctors as there are more accredited hospitals for dentists than the numbers of dentists graduating every year. You can check MDCN site for a list of eligible places.

Q: Where will I serve during NYSC service year?

A: As a dentist you are a precious tool in the hand of our FG so be prepared to work during this service year because we have less than 2000 practicing dentists in a country of over 160 million people, so be ready to work in an hospital possibly attending to patients spread over 5 LGA.The beauty of it is you will be paid more than fellow corpers and possibly make more money. Also you will get to practice your skill fully without supervision and that makes you better than your friends who will be posted to schools.

Q: Can I get a well paid job after school?

A: YES, if you want to work as a dental officer, many dentists are begged to stay back after service due to the extreme shortage of manpower in the profession especially in the northern part of the country. you may also decide to pursue your residency. The choice is yours.

Q: Is there hope in private practice after school?

A: YES, contrary to people’s opinion that private dental clinic will not be patronized the reverse is actually the case as there are increasing awareness among Nigerians on the need for quality oral health. There are a good number of private dental clinics in the country.

Q: How do I specialize and what are the requirements?

A: Specialization in Dentistry require one to pass the exam of Faculty of Dental surgery of National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African College of Surgeons and then proceed to a teaching hospital where they offer any of the postgraduate programmes in dentistry. The specialties are PAEDIATRIC DENTISTRY, ENDODONTICS, ORAL MEDICINE, ORAL&MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY, PROSTHODONTICS, PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY, COMMUNITY DENTISTRY, DENTAL PUBLIC HEALTH, ORAL PATHOLOGY, PERIODONTOLOGY, ORAL RADIOLOGY, ORTHODONTICS & DENTOFACIAL ORTHOPEDICS and FORENSIC DENTISTRY.

Q: If I decide to do medicine in future or want to specialize under medicine/surgery is it possible?

A: YES, you will be required to do 500 and 600 levels of medicine which will be around 22 months ( approximately 2 years) and you will become a holder of MBBS/MBChB but please know that your BDS/BChD degree will be withdrawn from you forever which means you can no longer specialize in dentistry or practice it or be referred to as a dentist.

Q: Can a dentist head a hospital or any medical organization?

A: YES, a dentist is given the same treatment as a medical doctor and can as such be the head of a hospital. A dental consultant who has attained the position of a professor can become the CMD of a hospital or provost of a college of medicine.

Q: Who will I work with in the dental ward/hospital?

A: A dentist will work with a general nurse/dental nurse, dental technologist, dental therapist, lab scientist, radiographer, medical records staff.

Q: Do people visit dentists in Nigeria?

A: YES, the figure is improving and people now see a dentist more than you can actually think of.

Q: Are dentists too life savers?

A: YES, they are life savers too because most diseases in the body will either have oral symptoms whereby it can be detected early enough by
a dentist. Some diseases even have oral manifestations that can only be managed by a dentist. Also diseases such as oral cancer, tonsillitis amongst others can only be managed effectively by a dentist.

Q: Is it possible to have emergency cases in a dental ward/hospital/clinic?

A:YES, though it is not a common occurrence but there are actually a few ones. Take for example a person with a tongue/lip cut that is surely for oral & maxillofacial surgeons or a child with a pin prick in the mouth that is why we have peadiatric dentists too.

Q: Is dentistry tougher than medicine?

A:MAYBE, there is no yardstick for toughness although most foreign forums (American) I have read, people are with the opinion of dentistry
being tougher due to the dexterity of hands and eyes involved. Dentistry can be tougher initially (parts 1-4) due to the fact that you do
dental courses in addition to what medical students will do. But in 500 & 600 levels medicine too can be seen as voluminous when you think of
the number of cases you will come across but dentistry is sure not anywhere less voluminous as you combine clinical postings with
patients care, lectures and practical too are on with dental aspects of basic medical sciences fields you will be taught in parts 5 & 6. So in my
opinion it is indecisive.

Q: Can I admit patients other than dental cases?
A: NO, you cannot so as not to lose your license but you can offer excellent medical advice to your patients and make proper referrals.

Q: Does a dentist use sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, thermometer and others?

A: YES, you make use of everything right from your part4.

Q: What are my prospects outside the country?

A: Dentistry is a promising profession outside Nigeria. According to Daily NewsUSA published on December 19, 2012 for top 100
professions in the United States dentistry ranks first with a median salary of US$142740 (NGN22.8 million with $1=#160). This is to tell you
that not only Nigeria has prospects for graduates of dentistry.

Q: Is the profession not boring and can we call it a ministry like medicine?

A: YES, the profession is interesting because it gives smile to people’s faces. When you walk into your office and your patient is wailing of
toothache (commonest ailment) then you perform the magic and the patient is beaming and smiling again tell me if this is boring? Couples
who can no longer kiss each other again or communicate effectively because a partner has got mouth odour, then you invite the affected
partner over and treat his/her condition, he/she is full of smile and his/her marriage is back on track and he/she will be grateful now tell
me if what you are doing is boring? Tell me if dentistry is not a ministry?

THANK YOU FOR READING

Enjoy!

Ndubest cares
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Emmanuelopia42: 6:16am On Nov 04, 2019
Please I need a guest post in my blog
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by fptribe: 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
Really helpful, thank you very much. Please permit me to share this with you all
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fofficialfptribe%2Fposts%2F565836587484596&width=500" width="500" height="638" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

connect with us by visiting the link or by visiting our website
www.fptribe.com

Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by pogastrello: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
Seun:
You're welcome.

my question is how long do we need to be on nairaland and posting before we can create our own thread?
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Pr0udPrincess: 4:47am On Nov 19, 2019
Seun:
1) Go to the bottom of the page
2) Search for what you want to discuss.
3) Visit the topic and click the REPLY button.

If you can't find your desired topic,
1) Go to the home page
2) Visit the section that you want to post about e.g. "Business" or "Computer"
3) Click the NEW TOPIC button after reading the rules.

New members cannot post new topics. They must participate for a while first!

Thank you
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Emmanuel9O(m): 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by appreciate001: 9:09am On Nov 22, 2019
I have been a guest for a while. please can I send a post?
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by appreciate001: 9:15am On Nov 22, 2019
how long does it take for a new member to make a post?
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by UniRich: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hey guys check this link out

https://theemperorgroup./
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by sollips: 6:08am On Dec 02, 2019
i want to post write new topic it imsufficient permission =Seun post=487586]1) Go to the bottom of the page
2) Search for what you want to discuss.
3) Visit the topic and click the REPLY button.

If you can't find your desired topic,
1) Go to the home page
2) Visit the section that you want to post about e.g. "Business" or "Computer"
3) Click the NEW TOPIC button after reading the rules.

New members cannot post new topics. They must participate for a while first![/quote]
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Onyantena50: 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
PRODUCT OF THE DAY.

SWAN PARK IBEJU LEKKI

_*SWAN PARK IBEJU LEKKI*_ is perfectly located at the up coming region and industrial belt of the new Lagos where massive International projects are on-going.

Invest wisely within the International Environment with close proximity to rapid Development.

LOCATION: *Asegun Village, Ibeju Lekki Local Government Area, Lagos.*

Price: *N600,000 per plot*

TITLE: *EXCISION IN PROCESS*

SIZE: *600sqm*

_NEIGHBOURHOOD_
- Dangote Refinery
- Lekki Free Trade Zone
- Pan African University
- Lekki Free Trade Zone
- The New Seaport
- 2 Golf Courses
- Dano Milk industry
-LA campaigne Tropicana
- Dangote Private Seaport
- Power Oil
- Several Upcoming Gated Estates.

_FACILITIES_
Gate House
Perimeter Fencing
Good Road Network
Secured & serene Environment
Electricity
Good water treatment
Good Structured Layout Etc.

For more Information| Inspection| Enquiries, kindly contact☎ 08148415533

Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by HCamrone(m): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
omofineboy:
shola,

I think I KNOW Deji Agbelusi, Bukky and Yemisi. Yemis is in america, the last time I saw Deji was in abuja even bukky, unfortunately I lost bukky's number. But am sure the father is in Abuja he 's in FME
omofineboy:
shola,

I think I KNOW Deji Agbelusi, Bukky and Yemisi. Yemis is in america, the last time I saw Deji was in abuja even bukky, unfortunately I lost bukky's number. But am sure the father is in Abuja he 's in FME
omofineboy:
shola,

Funny tho
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Folasliva: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
Pls which course can I study with this result
Economic B3
Govt D7
Islamic B2
Literature E8
Civic c6
English C6
Yoruba E8
Math B3
Biology B3
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Adebiyi0505: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
If you need custom recruitment past question and answer
Chat me up on WhatsApp with this number 08162556031
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Slimmieadeola(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
I will check them out as listed
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Dinmablitz(f): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Lpv forum is a social platform that pays for your each activities
It not a doubling investment or Scheme
Send me a massage through my email address and thank me you did

Lpv to the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Agnescomzy3107: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
Dear Candidate,

Your application stood out to us and we would like to invite you for an interview at one of our centers for a possible placement on FRIDAY JANUARY 24 2020, 10 A.M PROMPT.

LOCATION: 3RD FLOOR, RIGHT WING 240, HERBERT MACAULAY WAY, BY SWEET SENSATION, ALAGOMEJI BUS STOP, YABA, LAGOS

Kindly come with a printed copy of this invitation for security check, a pen and a copy of your updated CV as you will not be permitted without them.

Best Regards,

NOTE: Lateness beyond 10 mins may not be permitted.

DISCLAIMER: SCGroup is an agency that recruits for various organizations

Please o I got this from one *Surge Connect Group* is this company real?
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Agnescomzy3107: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please I need reply urgently as I'm not in Lagos now.

1 Like

Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Busayomi95: 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
Agnescomzy3107:
Please I need reply urgently as I'm not in Lagos now.

Did you later go??
Was it real?
I was sent the same message but I didn't even bother to find out anything I wasn't going
Re: How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland by Vamos(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
Somewhere in sagamu..ladies read well before u visit�

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Eiye Confraternity Celebrates 40 Yrs Of Committing Atrocities In Nigeria / Pregnant Gaboon Viper With 30 Babies Killed (Graphic Photos) / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.