Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48639 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2008
Also lets talk about finance, Btw 1999 and 2003,the federal allocation to Oyo State was N920 million and the government of Lam Adesina was spending N800 million monthly on salaries.Which means he had N120 million left for any project he had wanted to do monthly.This is also a political gimmick by the government of OBJ to make sure the AD guvs didnt have enough money to perform and at the end of the day lose the election in 2003.Even with all these they still won if not for rigging.Now immediately the PDP government took over the allocation was increased to Close to N2bn and now it is over N2bn.Even with the excess money the PDP government got can you compare governance under them and the Lam Adesina Era which gt N920million?Also asides the federal allocation the PDP government in Oyo Now has collected close to N50bn and nothing to show for it, I am not trying to defend the man but i am just speaking of what i know and it is always ready for confirmation with the authorities.Someday in Nigeria we all including my father will face the judgment of the people and we d let the people judge if he truly served them to the best of his knowledge or not.But i still insist we check our details always so that we d come clean with enough details.With these we d stop all the pull him down syndrome that has eaten deep into our system in Nigeria.That is why i personally support the FOI bill.It is most important.It will stop hear says and give correct info to the people, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:24am On Dec 04, 2008
Kobojunkie,nice one u gt there.I am sure Nigeria will be great again.Reasoning should always prevail.Lets move our country forward.Do av a great day ahead.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by muzzol: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2008
Lets be serious guys, if there were no mistakes, there wouldnt be need for solutions, Lets get off Dapo,s back on whatever mistakes he might have made, Rather, take the young man to task on what dream, hope and task he has for the State and and the Nation, He sounds brilliant and lively,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 10:30am On Dec 04, 2008
DAPO, DAPO, DAPO!!!,  LAM ADESINA SON? why you people are so shameless,
you of all people after all your OLDMAN DID TO THAT STATE. NOW ITS YOUR TURN TO COME IN "OBAMA STYLE"
PLEASE IN THE NAME OF GOD , THINK OF OTHER WAY TO HELP OUR GENERATION, if truly you are what you claim you are.
"ORE ARA-ILU" no amount of your ELOQUENT CAN ERASE BAD TASTE OF  LAM ADESINA " ONE WAY TRAFFIC SELF STYLE "
Please for your own good IBADAN IS TOO BOILING NOW FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO RUN FOR ELECTION, CANT YOU SEE?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 11:09am On Dec 04, 2008
FADAKA,lets leave Lam Adesina for people,i mean masses to judge when the time comes.Pls face Dapo Lam Adesina and lets move our nation forward.Trust me when the chips are down,i will make you see reasons why you will cast your vote for me.I can assure you that you d lead the campaign when it starts.You would rather vote for me.This is the real hope we have bn waiting for,the true change from the norm.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by muzzol: 11:13am On Dec 04, 2008
Without sounding like Dapo's mouthpiece, it eats into my gall when i hear people judging someone by what another person did, Judge this young guy on his own merit and not on Lam Adeshina's acts, If someone were to judge us all by what our parents did, some of us may not even have basis of living in the land, Lets look at issues rather than personalities, We have problems to solve in the land and not level of personality dissetation will solve them, Lets discuss issues and proffer solutions to our problems,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Osomo: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2008
Who is this Dapo Lam Adesina?I hope he's not the son of past governor of Oyo state. The Dapo the son of Lam Adesina the ex gov of Oyo state that i knew is very proud and lavish money anyhow. I was in U I when he was in school. Those day when the dad was the gov,he went about town with different kinds of cars to march the cloth he wore. He has a club house and a fast food joint somewhere around Eleyiele that is almost going out of existence. i heard that he slapped somebody that hit his car sometime ago-I hope that will not be another Iyabo Obasanjo intending for House of rep.
To be frank and in my opinion, this guy is not the kind of people we intend to see near the corridor of politics. what idea do you have to bring about the change we want in Naija? Come up with your manifesto, nairalanders can help you spread the news if you are worthy[i][/i]
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2008
@DAPO LAM, Personally i don't have problem with you AS APERSON.
but the question is why don't you learn from people like present EDO governor
AT LEAST SERVE PEOPLE, LEAD A MOVEMENT, BEFORE RUINING FOR AN OFFICE
WHY MUST ALL OUR BRILLIANT YOUTH SUCH AS YOU MUST RUN FOR AN OFFICE?
like i said earlier find other way to help your generation!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
Muzzol thanks for the encouragement and also seeing the positive side of this all.We need to all rise above our differences and move our nation forward.It must be on merit and not mediocrity.God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2008
OSOMO,it is obvious you dont know me cos if you do you would never have said i had an eatery.All my life i have never had more than one car so how do you explain cars matching clothes, Oga mi na wa o.I have never in my entire life had a club house,all i have ever had was a cyber cafe at banner group plaza,Oluyole estate,Ibadan.and i left the biz when it was becoming something else and started the one i am in now.I cant remember slapping anyone in my life cos even when i was in school i was the most weak when it comes to fighting.Pls let us stop all these hearsays and face constructive criticisms,so as to move our nation forward.We sure need drilling but the constructive one that can make a better person which would be based on truth and not hearsays.Anyway i have heard about My ownership of Options before but never have i owned any of such.You can confirm from the owner now who he bought it from and who sold it to him.Very simple.Pls lets leave all these and deliberate on issues that concern the nation.If you dont drill me constructively,I will get there someday and might not satisfy you as we all have the opportunity now to make a better change.Lets deliberate on serious issues that will keep me on my feet, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2008
FADAKA,thank you so much,all taken note of.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
FADAKA,I have said it on this forum before and will still continue to say that i am not used to making noise about what we do.But would want people to point it out to us what we haven't done so that we can move forward.For the benefit of doubt,We have a programme on the 18th of December,2008 tagged project lots feeds 5000 street kids in five states of the federation consecutively.It is just our way of celebrating them.After which we d get a centre where we can feed,send them 2 school and take care of them.Also there is an association for the youths called FUTURE which is spreading like fire.It can be checked out on facebook and also www.futureyouths.org.We have plans for all the motherless babies homes in Ibadan this December as we do always,we do this all months but the one for December is always big.Kindly give more ideas and other ways you think we can touch the lives of people as much as it is in our capability,we d be glad to, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2008
@Dapolam, please do not think that was an endorsement from moi. By the way, who are you?

And since this is for 2011, I would like to see your resume and here are some questions for you

1) Who are you?

2) What people do you plan to represent?

3) What are you for those people now?

4) What have you done for those people in the past?

5) What are you planning to do for those people between now and 2011?

6) Are you willing to work with organizations for the good of the people Or are you just another “WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?” cracker?

*** ANSWERS REQUIRED
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2008
I am Adedapo lam Adesina.I seek to represent Ibadan south East/North East federal constituency as a federal Honourable in the house of representatives.Few of the bills i hope to work on as a member of the house includes the FOI bill if it is still not passed by then,The Nigerian police force bill,Education bill and Youths emporwerment bill amongst others.Basically the youth empowerment and advancement bill has to do with youths in general and has as parts the issue of NYSC,employment after service etc.while d education bill is the biggest one which must include free education to all nigerians to the level of secondary school.Also massive renovation and construction of buildings in our schools and serious upgrading of most polytechnics that are below standards.I have been into charity for a while,and as i have said i will want to drift from the norms of making noise about what i have done on the pages of newspapers or online like most politicians do.I will only want people that are beneficiary to feel it as that is the meaning of charity and i can give details if need be for confirmation.I only wish people to point out what we haven't done or give ideas.Finally i am working with so many associations that has to do with better life for the people i.e project lots which feeds 5000 kids on December 18th, thanks and God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
dapolam:

I am Adedapo lam Adesina.I seek to represent Ibadan south East/North East federal constituency as a federal Honourable in the house of representatives.Few of the bills i hope to work on as a member of the house includes the FOI bill if it is still not passed by then,

Why not work on putting such a bill together at the state level? I mean if you are representing these particular people, how about working NOW to have such a bill passed at the state level? Impress us!

dapolam:

The Nigerian police force bill,

What Nigerian police force Bill? Why does it have to be Nigerian police force Bill? Why not Ibadan Police Force Bill or even Oyo State Police Force Bill? You have two years to impress us. Why not work on these at the state Level?

dapolam:

Education bill and Youths emporwerment bill amongst others.

Do we really need an Education bill and a youths empowerment bill. What do we have a FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION for?

dapolam:

Basically the youth empowerment and advancement bill has to do with youths in general and has as parts the issue of NYSC,employment after service etc. while d education bill is the biggest one which must include free education to all nigerians to the level of secondary school. Also massive renovation and construction of buildings in our schools and serious upgrading of most polytechnics that are below standards.

I am not convinced that you really need to go do all these at the federal level when you do not have those solved at the state level. Nigeria is a democracy, and before fixing issues at the federal level, don’t you think it is better to start with solutions at the state level, and then move up to the federal level when you run into walls that require such? I am not sold.

Youth Empowerment dealing with employment of NYSC grads? Come on !!! NYSC itself is empowerment. Does the country need to be turned into a giant job clearinghouse as well? Lol… I am not convinced at all. When you speak of free education, don’t we already have that courtesy of the public schools?? Sure, the schools need to be renovated but many of the local governments already are given some money to work on renovation, how about working on ensuring they actually use the money at the local level for what it ought to be used? And you can start in Ibadan.

dapolam:

I have been into charity for a while,and as i have said i will want to drift from the norms of making noise about what i have done on the pages of newspapers or online like most politicians do. I will only want people that are beneficiary to feel it as that is the meaning of charity and i can give details if need be for confirmation.I only wish people to point out what we haven't done or give ideas.Finally i am working with so many associations that has to do with better life for the people i.e project lots which feeds 5000 kids on December 18th, thanks and God bless

I am not sold.  Sure you work with organizations that feed them for a day but I don’t believe in such and so you will have to do a better job selling me on your qualification here. What does feeding 5000 kids for a day mean when they have to live 364 days without, in many cases? Why be a rep on the national level when we need better people policing those at the low level?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
DAPO LAM, "[
b] I seek to represent Ibadan south East/North East federal constituency as a federal Honourable in the house of representatives.

OK, what are the things in your own view that need to be done, that the present REP from the same CONSTITUENCY is not doing , What are your efforts at the moment to fight against THOSE things?
or are you one of those politician that believe in "SEDON LOOK FOR MY OWN TIME"

By the way, THE GENTLEMAN IN YOU IS NOTED!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2008
FADAKA. i don't criticize people.I wont come here like other politicians and start telling you what the man has done or what he hasn't done.I will only come here and learn,get wisdom and discuss with Nigerians on the way forward for our dear nation.It is pertinent to note that if a public office holder is performing the level of poverty will be reduced in the constituency,ward,local government,state or country.Lagos State for a good example.The difference is clear, thank you
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2008
Kobojunkie, First of all,the FOI bill is a national bill and it has not bn passed as we taalk now which means for it to have had this difficulty at the national level the cabals delaying it will frustrate you at the lower level.And i can assure you that it is a bill that has to do with the whole of the country.Immediately it is passed at the national level,it automatically turns operative at the state and local govt level.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
dapolam:

Kobojunkie, First of all,the FOI bill is a national bill and it has not bn passed as we taalk now which means for it to have had this difficulty at the national level

Oh, I know the FOI bill is a national bill at the moment, BUT what law says each individual state can not have a Freedom of Information bill at the state level? I mean we have already seen that bill sit for so many years. What stops states from deciding to do this at the state level and then that way, tie the hands of the “Cabal” at the federal level in the process?

dapolam:

the cabals delaying it will frustrate you at the lower level.And i can assure you that it is a bill that has to do with the whole of the country.Immediately it is passed at the national level,it automatically turns operative at the state and local govt level.

The Nigerian people have waited over 6 years to see that bill pass. Every other politician has played us the same tunes. I am sure people will not mind it happening at the state level first, knowing that if it ever passes at the National level, it will apply country-wide. So, are you willing to fight for this at the state level first or are you not? And when do you intend to start? If you are willing to organize the oyo people on this issue and fight in the next two years to at least see this working on the state level, then you have some level of support from me and me kin. If not, all this na fluff and same old. Many of us out here are looking for proactive leaders, not the same old "Pied pipers", who play one song for us, and dance to the tune of another.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2008
The police bill is most important.As this problem we have in Nigeria has a whole lot to do with corruption and it can only be curbed from the angle of the police.I know sincerely that if the Nigeria Police force can be given the right atmosphere to work we d have a better society.Also we talk of EFCC is it not the police that are there?The government aint taking good care of the police in this country and we dont expect them to lay down their lives for this nation when they are not sure of what they are dying for.For example a policeman that was killed by rioters or armed robbers and after few weeks his family was ejected from the barracks,tell me what the other ones alive will think?We need a better pay package for the police,police insurance scheme,very serious training for them,good housing,and most importantly they must be well armed.Also their salary package is crap.Also i am a supporter of state police and it is in my agenda and i am deeply in support of a sovereign National conference where all the issues that concern Nigeria will be discussed.The issue of Niger Delta,Resource control,I support partial control of resources after which we must have developed other states to be self dependent and not depend on oil.At least we have coal in enugu,palm oil in the east,cocoa and others in the west E.T.C.The issue of State Police,issue of serious electoral refor5ms which must include all election petition cases must be sorted before swearing in,The chairmen of INEC must not be selected by the president anymore,and most importantly the reduction in the powers of the president if need be we revert from this presidential system to parliamentary system of government as it has shown that absolute powers on the part of the president corrupts absolutely.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2008
Our ministry of education is crap as we can all see the decay in the standard of education in the country.We need serious re establishment and re organization because the leaders of tomorrow pass through the walls of our schools.NYSC empowerment is crap also as this is an avenue to loot tax payers money and risking the lives of the next generation,we.What we have iss mad education not free because my own definition of free education is qualitative free education not just paying of school fees.It must not be made an issue of who you know,teachers must be employed on the basis of merit not the political party you belong,not who you know or who your godfather is,or where you come from but on merit.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RibaduFan(m): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2008
Hi Dapo

Hope u're paying advert dues to Seun.

Though I personally wasnt so impressed with your dad's administration and also with the lifestyle of his children during his administration. I belive u shd be given a chance to show what u've got in stock for the good people of Ibadan and see u ve u really deserve their votes.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
The issue of Local Government not spending through the right channel i have said before and will still say that we need EFCC also at the Local Government and State level,while the federal will just be the watchdog of all.Wherever you have a bad head the whole body will be bad.Headache makes the whole body dysfunctional.A bad foundation leaves room for a bad structure and at the end collapse.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2008
The issue of feeding,if you read my post well i pointed out that there is plan for a long term arrangement where we d get a centre,feed them,send them to school,and train them.This xmas party is just a way of celebrating them and making them also feel loved and make them realise that there is hope, thank you n God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2008
Yemmyse,thanks but i dont have money for advert o.maybe you d help in that aspect.Most importantly seun is one of us,i mean a Nigerian and wants the best for this nation as much as i do.But truly nairalanders have helped in no small way in my campaign i tell you and i d owe my success to you all cos i am sure of success as much as i am sincere.God has done this one and trust me naija is on the march again,on the march again.but this time it is not M.K.O but Dapo lam is our man ooooooooooooooooo, Let Lam adesina face the judgement of the people and let them judge him if he tried his best or he stole their money and i d face the judgement too someday as Dapo lam the messiah or the tax payers money looter, God will heal our land soon, WATCH OUT
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
dapolam:

The issue of Local Government not spending through the right channel i have said before and will still say that we need EFCC also at the Local Government and State level,while the federal will just be the watchdog of all.Wherever you have a bad head the whole body will be bad.Headache makes the whole body dysfunctional.A bad foundation leaves room for a bad structure and at the end collapse.

We do not need EFCC if we have an FOI bill at the state and LGA levels. In fact, such a bill will FORCE the people to be more responsible with their own tax dollars and allocations. I don’t see you performing magic from aso-rock thrones if you are not willing to empower the people who you claim you want to represent, so they fight with you all the way.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2008
dapolam:

FADAKA. i don't criticize people.I wont come here like other politicians and start telling you what the man has done or what he hasn't done.I will only come here and learn,get wisdom and discuss with Nigerians on the way forward for our dear nation.It is pertinent to note that if a public office holder is performing the level of poverty will be reduced in the constituency,ward,local government,state or country.Lagos State for a good example.The difference is clear, thank you
MY DEAR REP TO BE, I DID NOT ASK YOU TO CRITICIZE ANYONE. BUT,  MY QUESTION SAYS THAT " what are the things in your own view that need to be done, that the present REP from the same CONSTITUENCY is not doing "
AFTERALL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CHANGES, CHANGE IN WHAT ASPECT?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
dapolam:

The issue of feeding,if you read my post well i pointed out that there is plan for a long term arrangement where we d get a centre,feed them,send them to school,and train them.This xmas party is just a way of celebrating them and making them also feel loved and make them realise that there is hope, thank you n God bless

How do you expect to fund such? Which whose approval and by whose authority? Or is this a private move? I mean most all politicians come in to tell us of how they intend to feed millions and then feed a few and take pictures for the public. I will need you to convince me that this is not just another one of those schemes.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2008
We cannot say because we have the FOI bill then we d not have the people that will monitor it,it is just as saying since we have the constitution then no need for the police to enforce the law.We have some people that are pig headed and needs to be made scape goats.Also leaving the people to fight the leader gives room for chaos and anarchy but the EFCC can charge and prosecute the person for the people without any chaos or state of anarchy which can be caused by the vexation of citizens.The only power the citizens has gt is the ballot box and they will be able to use it to best of their abilities when the time comes, thanks
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2008
FADAKA, Ok i d go this way, serious and massive empowerment of the people of my constituency is the main objective.I.e the issue of education for their wards,soft loans for small scale investments,scholarships,opening of a training centre,serious and massive construction of boreholes in strategic locations,and arrangement with coys for the employments of graduates from my constituency are the few ones for my constituency.Let me shut up before kobojunkie will say he is only for his constituency oooooooooooo, lol
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2008
Kobojunkie, it is a private arrangement with other well meaning friends.I have said it before that i am not a noise maker.Charity is compulsory and not a favour you do to people that is d way i see it.So we dont even intend making it a political jamboree like others,no noise.We d just let the beneficiary savour the benefits of it.I have never made any noise about what i do b4 but always wait for people to point out what i havent done.Be convinced,it is 4 real and we d convince you by the 19th of December by the special grace of God.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2008
dapolam:

We cannot say because we have the FOI bill then we d not have the people that will monitor it,it is just as saying since we have the constitution then no need for the police to enforce the law.

We have some people that are pig headed and needs to be made scape goats. Also leaving the people to fight the leader gives room for chaos and anarchy

Can you prove this to be the case? I mean the “leaving the people to fight the leader gives room for chaos and anarchy” part.

dapolam:

but the EFCC can charge and prosecute the person for the people without any chaos or state of anarchy which can be caused by the vexation of citizens.The only power the citizens has gt is the ballot box and they will be able to use it to best of their abilities when the time comes, thanks

The only power the people have got is the ballot box? Are you saying this FOI bill can not help at the state level? I am confused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Taraba Mega Rally For Peter Obi (Photos, Video) / Rotimi Amaechi Spotted In A Fast Food Joint Close To UNIPORT In Rivers. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.