Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 (1722 Views)

Does God Choose For Us Our Life Partners? / The Real Purpose Y God Gave Israelites Laws For A Time / Y God Hz Been Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Cayon(f): 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2008
every Jewish person[b] I interact with [/b] seems to be envious and greedy. 

I work with Russian Jews - envious and greedy
I work with German Jews - envious and greedy
American Jews - envious and greedy
Israel jews -- envious and greedy

The all have one thing in common (envy and greed) but some how they don't get along.  Every thing they see they want.  Now an Italian Jew just start working with us.  Within 4 days he is IMing me about another coworker saying "the boss should give him the other coworker position."

Some years ago I bought my house, a Jewish man asked me to sell it to him.  Not that he needed a house but his mentality that a girl like me shouldn't have a big house. . . .he was even willing to offer much more.  I just slammed my door in his face.  Oh yea,  My first boss who was Jewish too couldn't stand me. . . . . but God answered my prayer and they fired his backside.

I know the Bible say "they" are God chosen people, but tell me why these folks so darn envious and greedy?  The other day this German jew said "Jews suffered this amount of years.  I told him "you suffered" but we (Blacks) are still suffering. I shouldn't think  but i wish there was a modern day Hitler
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by pilgrim1(f): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Cayon,

Cayon:

every Jewish person I interact with seems to be envious and greedy.

Well, someone else could say the same thing about any other group of people. This does not mean that every Jewish person is envious and greedy; nor does it mean that those who complain about them are better off.

Cayon:

I work with Russian Jews - envious and greedy
I work with German Jews - envious and greedy
American Jews - envious and greedy
Israel jews -- envious and greedy

Jews are Jews. What makes them 'Russian-' or 'German-' or 'American-' or 'Israel-' Jews?

Cayon:

The all have one thing in common (envy and greed) but some how they don't get along.

It is just as much as to say that Nigerians are envious and greedy - not that I suppose that to be the case; but it seems that your broad categorization of Jews is quite unhealthy.

Cayon:

Every thing they see they want. Now an Italian Jew just start working with us. Within 4 days he is IMing me about another coworker saying "the boss should give him the other coworker position."

Some years ago I bought my house, a Jewish man asked me to sell it to him. Not that he needed a house but his mentality that a girl like me shouldn't have a big house. . . .he was even willing to offer much more. I just slammed my door in his face. Oh yea, My first boss who was Jewish too couldn't stand me. . . . . but God answered my prayer and they fired his backside.

Something is seriously wrong here. The examples of the coworker and house-contractor are not unique to the Jews: we have people from all over the world in every nation that exhibit the same traits. Envy and greed are common among people of every nation. Accusing others does not make us better than the accused; because I wonder what message people would get from the idea that God answered your prayers to have somebody's backside fired?!? :/ Doesn't that say something about us as well - in just the same way as accusations of vice are made against them?

Cayon:

I know the Bible say "they" are God chosen people, but tell me why these folks so darn envious and greedy?

That anyone makes a claim to be God's favoured does not mean that such matters are absent from their lives. There are many people who do not describe themselves with appellations of "chosen", but they are as envious and greedy, if not worse.

Cayon:

I shouldn't say but i wish there was a modern day Hitler

However one looks at it, antisemiticism (prejudice against or hatred of Jews) is evil [see also reports of [url=http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,453402,00.html]its increase[/url]].
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2008
Me too I begin to wonder about them and the stories of what they have done in the bible, and I seriously question that claim that they are God's people if anyone is to go by account of the number of people they killed in the bible just to take over the "promise land", then what Hitler did to them was child's play.

DEUTERONOMY
CHAPTER 7

1 When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven anations greater and mightier than thou;
2 And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly adestroy them; thou shalt but make no ccovenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

I am not excusing both but at least Hitler was honest enough not to say God sent them, sometimes it is nauseating that christians sees anything wrong in the amount of people died in those seven nations of canaan between 14 - 21 million people , why don't we add heartless and wicked to the list.
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by pilgrim1(f): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

why don't we add heartless and wicked to the list.

@Chrisbenogor,

How body? Well, only very few people take the idea that Hitler did those things without saying that God sent him. So, that is one thing that is often excused so that this same issue keep spinning in rounds. Think again about the number of people who have done the same thing to many others without claiming that God sent them. So now what? It is amazing to me that this worn out repetition ad hominem is the perfect excuse for many who fail to look in their own hearts. I only pointed out the example of the OP to show how very easy it is for us to slide into the bane of antisemiticism while feeling ourselves better than our accusations against others. If we add heatless and wicked to the list, it is no less true of each an everyone of us both corporately and individually; and for all that, some people have demonstrated in history that they do need God's help for mass murder. The problem is that we like to assume that those others are a "child's play" without weighing the implications of our own hearts.
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Cayon(f): 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2008
Pilgrim1

I've worked/working and dealt/dealing with Jews and don't remember meeting a kind hearted one?  You? 

Who crucified my Saviour Jesus Christ?

Who cried out Crucify Him, Crucify Him?

See link below to refresh your memory.

And after watching this video, I think I am going to add Chris request "Hearless and wicked" grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdPmuPoixk&feature=related
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by pilgrim1(f): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Cayon,

Let me first answer your questions simply and then point out what again you're missing:

Cayon:

I've work and dealt with Jews and don't remember meeting a kind hearted one? You?

I've met several kind-hearted Jews while I was a muslimah and also have many Jewish friends who endured many harsh things from me in the past. I haven't worked with a Jew, though, I know some who have professional jobs.

Cayon:

Who crucified my Saviour Jesus Christ?

Jews, with the hands of Gentiles.
Think for a moment: if Jesus was not crucified, where would you be?

Cayon:

Who cried out Crucify Him, Crucify Him?

Jews. Today every nation under heaven hates Jesus Christ as well.

Cayon:

See link below to refresh your memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdPmuPoixk&feature=related

Thank you for the link - will check it later.

Now, let me show you what you may have been missing in my reply earlier: slurring other people does not demonstrate that we are better than those we accuse. To wish for a modern Hitler against them depicts the condition of our own hearts even while we cry "my Saviour Jesus Christ". However one looks at it, antisemiticism (prejudice against or hatred of Jews) is evil.
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2008
@pilgrim

Body dey inside cloth my sister walahi I nearly started this thread yesterday after going through the books of Exodus and Deuteronomy,  seriously eh if Jesus never mentioned believing Moses I for don turn christian oh and maybe I am wrong about that too.

But seriously pilgrim you believe God ordered those genocides? me I don't have wahala with the soldiers but killing women and children too plundering their wealth, taking the women by force. Even as far as slaying thousands of your own people I refuse to believe a God would order that.

Abeg all this seriousness aside when your tory go continue na, me I have missed it oh, are you going to continue on that locked thread?

grin
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by pilgrim1(f): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2008
My broda Chrisbenogor,

I dey enjoy Sunday plenty o jare. The questions wey you ask are understandable. Believe me, I struggled with them all as well as deeply affecting theological questions like the Trinity, theotokos, the wars both in the Bible and Quran, the arguments viciously ranged from atheists against belief in God, philosophical arguments of science against theism and all the "-isms" I can remember. It's been a very interesting life of mine to have gone through all those issues and come out finding faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. You will notice that whenever such debates come up on the forum, I have peacefully left or avoided them for two reasons:

(a) I have said that what settled the deepest question in my heart was not theology;
rather, it was the power of an experience I just could not deny

(b) often times, people raise such questions not because they are interested in God or
even searching for faith in God.

How did I struggle through all these things and still find faith in Jesus Christ? Did I ever try to excuse those questions away? What can I say to people or even anyone at all to benefit them when facing such questions in heir own hearts? How did I learn to ask the real questions instead of the vicious attacks I once used against Christians and Jews in my debates before I came to Christ?

So many more questions (plus the ones you may subsequently provide) are the things I have hoped to share with you and our friends in the thread you raised about my whereabouts the other day. I had hoped to settle down today, as I'm not in the office, and share these issues in hope that a lot of people will benefit and be refreshed - not because I would be doing theology and teaching Bible; but rather to help them see what power broke me down and gave me grace. The reason why I have delayed so far is because some of our Muslim friends are so "attracted" to pilgrim.1 that they would not let her be! To this end, I have posted a simple request to olabowale to please let me know if he wants pilgrim.1 to leave Nairaland for him and his folks - I would oblige him (and I know why I'm saying so).

When the tide is calmer, I'll take time and share with the house how it all went with me. People are asking loads of questions and sometimes it is difficult to chat with people online - so I just simply log out of my YIM and answer emails. Anyhow, I'll try and take the time to share more.

Thank you for your patience and reason again. many blessings. cheesy
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by davidylan4(m): 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2008
i can only gape in utter disbelief! shocked
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Nimshi: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2008
davidylan*:

i can only gape in utter disbelief! shocked

!

Head ashaking.

Sigh.
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2008
pilgrim.1:

My brother Chrisbenogor,

I dey enjoy Sunday plenty o jare. The questions wey you ask are understandable. Believe me, I struggled with them all as well as deeply affecting theological questions like the Trinity, theotokos, the wars both in the Bible and Quran, the arguments viciously ranged from atheists against belief in God, philosophical arguments of science against theism and all the "-isms" I can remember. It's been a very interesting life of mine to have gone through all those issues and come out finding faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. You will notice that whenever such debates come up on the forum, I have peacefully left or avoided them for two reasons:

(a) I have said that what settled the deepest question in my heart was not theology;
           rather, it was the power of an experience I just could not deny

(b) often times, people raise such questions not because they are interested in God or
           even searching for faith in God.

How did I struggle through all these things and still find faith in Jesus Christ? Did I ever try to excuse those questions away? What can I say to people or even anyone at all to benefit them when facing such questions in heir own hearts? How did I learn to ask the real questions instead of the vicious attacks I once used against Christians and Jews in my debates before I came to Christ?

So many more questions (plus the ones you may subsequently provide) are the things I have hoped to share with you and our friends in the thread you raised about my whereabouts the other day. I had hoped to settle down today, as I'm not in the office, and share these issues in hope that a lot of people will benefit and be refreshed - not because I would be doing theology and teaching Bible; but rather to help them see what power broke me down and gave me grace. The reason why I have delayed so far is because some of our Muslim friends are so "attracted" to pilgrim.1 that they would not let her be! To this end, I have posted a simple request to olabowale to please let me know if he wants pilgrim.1 to leave Nairaland for him and his folks - I would oblige him (and I know why I'm saying so).

When the tide is calmer, I'll take time and share with the house how it all went with me. People are asking loads of questions and sometimes it is difficult to chat with people online - so I just simply log out of my YIM and answer emails. Anyhow, I'll try and take the time to share more.

Thank you for your patience and reason again. many blessings. cheesy

I know you have your reasons, but he is not worth it why not ask bigger headed blokes like me eh?  grin

TO LIVE, TO LOVE , TO LEARN and TO LEAVE A LEGACY

He is not worth it.
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by mazaje(m): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2008
The jews created their god in their own image and according to their customs and values, they then went ahead and propagated him during the middleages mostly through wars, the greeks and romans came in afterwards, removed some of the qualities of the jewish god which did'nt conform to their culture and values. they also removed some of the qualities of the jewsih god which they disliked and added theirs, now here you are saying that god choose the jews, god did'nt choose the jews the jews choose him to serve as an answer to most of the things they did not understand about life and the world in general. they used their god to justify all their atrocities againts their neighbours, they used their god to justify all the unnecessary wars, land snatching, raping of women and enslavement of their enemies/nieghbours, because nothing could justify such actions but a tribal god that will always be on their side who they created in their own image to give them justification for all the henious crimes they perpetrated against other people that are not like them. unfortunately for them the europeans came out of nowhere and stole their god, modified and propagated him through out all the lands they conquered and enslaved since they europeans had conquered more lands than the jews the new god gained more acess to the world than the tribal jewish god. . . . . the europeans were wise to make the new god versatile, compassionate and universal unlike they original hebrew god that was very tribal and manovalent. go and create you own god and leave the jewish god alone, arabs created their own allah (and are still propagationg him all over the world like the christains), so did the indains, yaruba's created sango, chinese created buddah, the south americans too created theirs, every part of the world has his/her own god some have died while most are still alive, go and create your own god and live the judoe/christain god alone
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2008
mazaje:

The jews created their god in their own image and according to their customs and values, they then went ahead and propagated him during the middleages mostly through wars, the greeks and romans came in afterwards, removed some of the qualities of the jewish god which did'nt conform to their culture and values. they also removed some of the qualities of the jewsih god which they disliked and added theirs, now here you are saying that god choose the jews, god did'nt choose the jews the jews choose him to serve as an answer to most of the things they did not understand about life and the world in general. they used their god to justify all their atrocities againts their neighbours, they used their god to justify all the unnecessary wars, land snatching, raping of women and enslavement of their enemies/nieghbours, because nothing could justify such actions but a tribal god that will always be on their side who they created in their own image to give them justification for all the henious crimes they perpetrated against other people that are not like them. unfortunately for them the europeans came out of nowhere and stole their god, modified and propagated him through out all the lands they conquered and enslaved since they europeans had conquered more lands than the jews the new god gained more acess to the world than the tribal jewish god. . . . . the europeans were wise to make the new god versatile, compassionate and universal unlike they original hebrew god that was very tribal and manovalent. go and create you own god and leave the jewish god alone, arabs created their own allah (and are still propagationg him all over the world like the christains), so did the indains, yaruba's created sango, chinese created buddah, the south americans too created theirs, every part of the world has his/her own god some have died while most are still alive, go and create your own god and live the judoe/christain god alone

O boy you no get joy oh grin
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by mazaje(m): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

O boy you no get joy oh grin
wetin you mean by that grin grin
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2008
mazaje:

wetin you mean by that grin grin

Bros na warri I speak, you want make people go "merix" their own God, men the one wey we dey don reach oh if e happen na to pack go mars. I no sure say God don dey there. grin
Re: Y God Choose The Jews Knowing They Are Greedy & Envious?Genesis 12:2-3 by Antichristus: 8:35am On Feb 03, 2019
mazaje:

Your description of Jewish cultural construct of God is Freudian explication of religion whilst your European appropriation of religion is the Marxist view that religion ‘acts as a tool for social control.’ Africans, by and large, don't value what they have, often trading their heritage for a morsel of bread.

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Answer This Fig Question / Chrisj2000, God Sstill Works Miracles Today . / Illuminati! Illuminati!! Illuminati!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.