Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,372 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies (2083 Views)

Offtopic / Ask Uncle Trevor For Solutions And Advice To Your "romance Problems" OFFTOPIC / Offtopic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 4:50am On Sep 15, 2005
K2DaC: Nursing right now is my major. I'm not in college yet though but I do take a nursing assistant class at this college. I signed up for the program and they picked me. I was so happy grin and it's free (well for the people that got picked for it).

I go there in the morning and then go to my high school at 11. So its kind of cool. Nursing assistant is learning how to take care of the elderly. Yea, it's hard, but you gotta start from somewhere. Still in step 1 but I'm getting there wink.

But when I start college I'm going to be majoring in nursing. I'm not sure what department yet but there so many to pick from.
Originally Posted Under "Do You Like Nurses/Nursing?"

cool. do you get paid?
i need a job and i want to work at a library or hospital. there's always this summer.

i want to be a doctor.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 15, 2005
nahhhh we dont get paid usually you have to pay for the class lol even when youre on training u get to go to the home care centers n take care of them , cuz its part of your grade

but since its like a high school preogram everything's free

n doctors spend a bout 15yrs in school thats why i just decided to do nursing.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 4:56am On Sep 15, 2005
i'm going to start my hours probably next month (community service) and hopefully it's going to be at an hospital so i get an application and a  better chance of getting employed. i did headstart (daycare center) last year.

i might drop the doctor idea too because my mom doesn't want me to become one she says "it's a guys job, it's hard blah.. . . blah" rolleyes.. . . she wants me to become a pharmacist instead.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by hotangel2(f): 4:57am On Sep 15, 2005
Which doctoring school is that? 15yrs? Not in Nigeria. hello!

OMG you guys. You parents allow you to work? My dad wont let me. Argh!
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 4:59am On Sep 15, 2005
that's why i don't have a job right now. my parents won't let me but i begged them though and they said yes i can this summer.

and yes doctors "to be" do spend a lot of years in school.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by hotangel2(f): 5:01am On Sep 15, 2005
Not a goddamn 15 years Not even 11. Besides their's a level you can reach and you'll work while you go to school.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 5:02am On Sep 15, 2005
that's called "internship" or is it "residence"?
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 15, 2005
why would u want to school in nigeria when youre in texas sad

pharmacist - when you get done its going to be very hard to find a job

n yeah i can work but i went everywhere over the summer shiitt these racist retards didnt call me. n i called them over n over psh i just gave up , but i found a 4day job rolleyes but it was for "4" days
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by hotangel2(f): 5:07am On Sep 15, 2005
I aint schooling in Nigeria. I am just saying there's no way schooling will take 15 years. Infact i am forced to say Not even in Nigeria. the system isn't as bad as 15 years in medical school. What are you looking for? rolleyes

I pity pharmacists, especially female ones.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 15, 2005
Girl im tellin you Medical school does take that long TRUSTTT ME

unless you wanna be a physician's assistant thyre almost like Doctors they dont do that much , only take doctors orders its like 6yrs n they get more money than nurses.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 5:11am On Sep 15, 2005
what's wrong with female physicians? someone please enlighten me.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 15, 2005
absolutely nothing!
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by hotangel2(f): 5:20am On Sep 15, 2005
Dont say doctoring takes 15 years!!!!ooopsy doo.. makes me wanna bite something. No doctoring school take that long. the only time it does is, if you are taken like 3 credit hours each semester. You don't wanna bombade your self with credit hours, but 3 is just too smal. try 13, and you'll get off the godamn school befor eyou know it.

I;m gonna finish nursing in in like 3 and half years instead of the 4 or 4 and half years most people use. All you gat to do, is pick your schdeules wisely. Dont pack four science subjects together. Your GPA drops with the speed of light when you fail science subjects.

This is about nursing. Let's stick to it and stop the physicain/doctor thingy!
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 15, 2005
TRUST ME I KNOW DOCTORS WHO TOLD ME IT TAKES THAT LONG
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 5:23am On Sep 15, 2005
you have to go to graduate school after you're done with 4 years of college. when you're done with graduate school, you do residence and what not. all that takes years you know?. lipsrsealed
i want to take as much science subjects as i can next year because i don't have any science ap classes now.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 15, 2005
GOD KNOWS IM TIRED OF SCHOOL undecided
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 5:31am On Sep 15, 2005
just relax and don't stress yourself too hard. it's your last year. enjoy it. this year's my hardest one so i'm trying to start off with the right foot and stop bad habits. i'm just going to relax a little bit my senior year.
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 15, 2005
i got 8months left grin
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by WesleyanA(f): 5:38am On Sep 15, 2005
and it's going to be over before you know it. grin
Re: Offtopic Chat About Nursing-Related Studies by hotangel2(f): 4:37am On Sep 16, 2005
ha Seun created another topic off that one. Great!

(1) (Reply)

An 18 Month Old Boy Tied To A Stick While The Mother Washed... / Dead Mermaid Spotted At Apopular Beach In Beninrepublic [photo] / End Time: Lesbian Pastors Get Married And Only God Knows (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.