Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses (1542 Views)

What Are The Best Web-Based Businesses To Start In Nigeria Or In Africa? / Business Directory For Manufacturers Of Iron Nails In Onitsha. / Survey Wetinbe.com- Business Directory For Nigerian Organisations- Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses by Afam(m): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2006
With a lot of emphasis on online web directory these days, it is becoming harder to search for and locate businesses that are not yet online and yet the number of businesses that are not online far outweight their counterparts that are.

This got me thinking about 2 days ago, about the possibility of setting up a single site where a business can be listed in a particular category just once and that business is sorted accordingly based on where the business is online on not.

Well, after 2 days of raw programming and basic design I came up with the following

http://www.justwebservices.com/jsearch

Please, take a look at the site and comment on it, all constructive criticisms are welcome but please remember that this is just 48hrs work so do not rbbish the effort based on look and feel.
Re: Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses by Wetinbe: 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2006
check out http://www.wetinbe.com
We are already doing this quite comprehensively.
Re: Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses by Afam(m): 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2006
wetinbe.com sure does look nice but for me to list my business on your website including the website address I guess I need to pay, right?

What I am talking about is completely free, not a paid service that is masked with free offers.

So, what's the price for me to pay if my business listing will appear on wetinbe.com including my website address which is even the most important part of the listing?
Re: Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses by Tarry(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2006
You site is fine and for a 48 hours work that's brilliant. However Have you seen www.trekoo.com nigeria directory and search engine. check it out it offers much the same as what you are attempting to do. don't also forget to list your company there and sign in as often as you want to update and edit your site
Re: Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses by Afam(m): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2006
Tarry,

Thanks for the compliments on the site. I will surely list my business on www.trekoo.com in the next 20 minutes. Great work.
Re: Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses by Afam(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2006
Free or fee based, where does the future lie?

Open source has shown that things could be better when everyone is given the opportunity to use software or service for free.

Can a truly free online business directory stand the test of time in Nigeria?

www.justwebservices.com/jsearch
Re: Combined Regular And Online Directory For Nigeria Based Businesses by Wetinbe: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2006
Wetinbe offers you a web page as TOTALLY FREE guys, and this comes along with your own unique URL. By free we mean you pay nothing at all, not now, not tomorrow and not in the future.
Afam check it out and you will see you can register, add your personal page, get your unique URL and not be charged, or asked to pay a single kobo.
Just check it out guys and you will see there are no catches here.
Have a nice day to you all!!

(1) (Reply)

Ice Block Making Machine For Sale / GTB Excess Charges On FX Transfer / If You Dont Have Capital To Start A Business. I Think This Is Suitable For U.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.