Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com (4597 Views)

Wine Shop And Bar How Profitable? / I Need Help On How To Boost Up Sales In My Restaurant And Bar / Why Are There So Few Fast Food Joints And Malls In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by Evept(f): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2008
Hello Nairalanders,

what do you all think about having HOOTERS fast food Resturant and Bar in Nigeria

and where do you think will be the best place for it lagos,abuja,port-harcourt etc ?

and how will the Nigerians view HOOTERS.

For those that dont know about hooter, it is an American fast food resturant and bar ,with hot and lovely waitress that dresses up in short Nikkers and Spagetti top :

and you can look it up at there officially website :

www.hooters.com

partnership is also welcome for trustworthy and hardworking person etc
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by naijacutee(f): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2008
Hmm. . . I don't think our society would be tolerant of young, scantily clad women serving food. Promiscuity has not quite taken off here, with the fervency with which it has taken off in the West, I'm afraid. [s]Which mother will allow her daughter to work there in the day-time?[/s]
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by kokorunna(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2008
I think its good idea that will pull customers.
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by Ebonyj(f): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
Sounds like a brilliant idea.With a food business you are very unlikely to go wrong, plus there is money in that country so you will definitely progress.

You must have itin mind that, due to our culture you would have to get the waitresses to wear something a bit more modest than a thin strapped top and short skirt. Apart from the fact that no mother would allow her daughter to work in such an environment, the reaction of the older generation will not be a good one.

What you can do though is to find away of design your own uniform with Ankara/Kente to give it an African appeal and then get the materials sown into sexy styles, se you get me?
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by naijacutee(f): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2008
Franchises are not allowed to play with the dress codes. And the dress code is Hooters major unique selling point.
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by Evept(f): 11:19am On Oct 03, 2008
@ naijacutee,the dress code will remain, there will be no changing of anything ,opening a hooters means u have to run it the same way as other hooter worldwide ,same with the menu etc

if nigeria now have strip clubs the ladies go naked,then hooters will do no wrong ,there will be talks but who cares,alot of people will love Nigerian hooters lol
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by Holyrule(m): 9:22am On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm, undecided
@poster,
lets look at it this way. If you're a Nigerian then deep within you(u can't lie to yourself) then u should know the social hazard this HOOTERS will be adding to the one's already in our society.
I know u want to make your money and probably fame,but the truth be told,u'll one day look back n wish u never did open it,one day guilt will encompass u (making u feel guilty of being one of the people who contributed to our "societal-sickness"wink but then,the harm is already done.
Think of how many Nigerian girls could become wayward,how many societal young men(future leaders) could "fall" for this eye opening newbie.
My QUESTION: would you had wanted to work in hooters or allow your (no offence meant) own sister work there.
Last but not the least,in the end you'll answer to God. If you're a religious person,be you Christian on Muslim,then i don't need to elaborate this to you.
Please think about it,
> more money/fame and societal destruction
> less money/fame and positive societal impact.
cry
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by Holyrule(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2008
When we're born in this life,our lives are like empty pages,and we pick up the pen and write in them what we want to become,. God only gives up paths to choose,and the choices we make is what determines our future.
What am trying to say in essence is that what makes us who/what we are is not where we come from,nor our origin,nor our background but rather the choices we make in life. No one will make these choices for you.ct.
cry embarassed
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by Holyrule(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2008
There's a saying that goes as thus:
God said to man,"GO YE AND MAKE A BETTER WORLD"
but man seeing that the world so big,said to God, "HOW CAN I MAKE A BETTER WORLD,WHEN THE WORLD IS SUCH A BIG AND WONDEROUS PLACE,SO COMPLICATED"
But God being all wise and kind said to man : "GO YE AND MAKE A BETTER YOU"
what above saying is trying to portray that there's only one part of this world we're all capable of changing and that is our individual selves.
Lets not say because we already have strip clubs,thereby there will be harm in bringing almost half-naked restaurant waitresses(not decent) that no harm will be done. NO shocked
If you want to feed our Nation,you could do that but it must not necessarily be hooters or it's like,you could still do it in another classic way and that way make your money and keep up to reputation. kiss
please let us all put heads together n make a better world. because the little we do today means a lot tomorrow.
cry
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by naijacutee(f): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2008
Lets not take this too personal o. . .
@ Evept, It sounds like you have your mind already made up. I'm just giving my own humble opinion - I haven't even put a moral perspective on it yet. We have strip joints which tap into the market of men who do not want to be seen doing these "evils" grin in the open/during the day. Or are any of the strip joints in Nigeria open during the day?
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by TOYOSI20(f): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2009
Hope they finally opened it?? wink
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by naijacutee(f): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
Ooh, is that a pig flying beside that plane outside? Or is it a beans? grin
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by sojioguns(m): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2009
@Holyrule,
In as much as we can easily say it will socially degrade the society, it will provide job opportunities for young ladies. It is better than the commercial sex workers. I also want to ask you a sincere question, can you work with BAT (British American Tobacco) or NB (Nigerian Breweries)?
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by sojioguns(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2009
Hooters is a great idea and honestly, i have been thinking about the idea for a while. The good looking ladies would obviously sell but my main concern is the retail price of the food and the menu. If you can talk to them to add some options to the menu (whihc I seriously doubt they will grant), then it should work.
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by cvibe: 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2009
Great idea my as*

How will she cope if i open up shop beside her with same scantily clad girls or cheer leaders, selling same thing with different catchy name?
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by hiuser(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Beauty & Brains. This is like hearing the president talk about theology or rather religious studies and why children in school should be scepetical around future tech like AI not to participate but to be meaningful. Its all about deployment in any ministry like education having a minister to lecture us not to toy with our society relegie school!! In a western world this things have nobody and when you grow up because every man is entitled to his or her own opinion your talk matters they can school anybody to have papers as well not just lottery guy. coming on tv like that sound good but papers matters it kill unemployment and boosts your creativity to make, create, innovate new Industries. Even when you're old & unemployed you can still make a living..Hooters?? Good living... its good for HR department("Bo or rather classic HO Faces"wink! It a street style of a Face..there is catcalling as well 1632. Buying her a new desk 2do faces+ e.t.c. so that they can synenergy all day long!! Good for resume/CV as well. Think vital signs & communications, community all of that and more... Are we at hooters now? Yes! IN nigeria ?? Well when deployment changes it will work. We said trade and..even for tourism plateau? Can you live in peace??

Soo....nigeria has talent. When your parents give you the best education its because they love u...in the west its different.'it has nobody..think agric and how cows suffer from human presence to feed youre gone or die(old cannibalism) you stayed? and cater for our stomach now called the American dream .it just blocks deployment..apart from a teachers diagnoses there..its more about public awareness and knowledge doesnt cut it only.
ARE we only raising lottery guys?? Papers 3x. them kuds folk end up in jailer ehm...just trust ' em o.k??
Soo hooties are well only there..ThERe..

When white folks came black slavery left deployed my water bottle I carry go but general there cried for having it..it has nobody..are they in slavery?? No common man want to leave the earth for white genocide #twit : ' talk say I comot cause oyinbo talk ' in no talk am oyaaa ..they just whole continent blasted to say look for us bross

Dont forget your dream o.k
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by yhemster(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
naijacutee:
Lets not take this too personal o. . .
@ Evept, It sounds like you have your mind already made up. I'm just giving my own humble opinion - I haven't even put a moral perspective on it yet. We have strip joints which tap into the market of men who do not want to be seen doing these "evils" grin in the open/during the day. Or are any of the strip joints in Nigeria open during the day?

I do agree with you. Nigeria is such a very hypocritical society, I don't think anybody will be proud to be chilling, lunching or dining at a Hooters restaurant in broad daylight. To encourage high patronage, the restaurant must be coded and this will make it less of a restaurant and more of a strip club.
Another issue here is this, the restaurant may become a prostitution ring where customers requesting sex from the servers or even sexual harassment. Men in this corner of the world still don't respect women sexual expressions, seeing a lady in hooter style of dressing definitely is assumed to be a sexual IV. Nigerian men always request to have sex with the strippers in stripclubs and yes it's happening. The Managers of these clubs have to carter to the demands of customers cos they can't afford to lose them. So, there are private rooms/sex corners now in the clubs.
The kind of restaurant will definitely not be top demands among ladies just for the same reason lots of them don't like strip club.
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by hiuser(m): 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
I've been doing a lot of thought lately!! Some girls got arrested....for their hair but if they go ' bald headed ' black girls or girls only in African franchise it might work..

BALD HEADED hooter ?? hoodie girl...
Re: Opening Hooters Fast Food Resturant And Bar In Nigeria , Www.hooters.com by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
say that again in 2019 grin grin grin
naijacutee:
Hmm. . . I don't think our society would be tolerant of young, scantily clad women serving food. Promiscuity has not quite taken off here, with the fervency with which it has taken off in the West, I'm afraid. [s]Which mother will allow her daughter to work there in the day-time?[/s]

(1) (Reply)

The True Story Behind Swiss Pharma Nigeria Ltd(swipha) Shutdown / Beware Of Mlm Schemes : Cdtforever Is In All Likelihood A Scam / Beware Of AWOOFMOBILES.COM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.