Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried (4065 Views)

10 Shameful Things Ladies Do Because They Want To Be Seen As Big Girls / Do You Prefer Curvy And Big Girls Or Slim Girls? State Reasons / Who Loves Big Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by dearie(m): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2006
I was just doing a local survey on my own, and i discovered that most career ladies, the ones we call 'big girls' find it doubly difficult, compared to their not- so-elevated-in-status counteparts in getting married, or even getting a marriage proposal.

The question is, why are most of our big-girls who are often treated with so much respect in the society unmarried, whereas their uneducated counterparts get multiple marriage proposals.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by Orikinla(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2006
Most of them don't humble themselves.

Their financial security give them a false sense of independence. And most of the men in Nigeria don't like to marry women who are capable of calling the shots when the chips are down. Nigerian men prefer wives they can dictate to.

Most big girls have very bad records of sleeping their way to the top. And most Nigerian men don't like such women.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by dearie(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2006
In defence, I think there are quite some of them that are decent that attain their heights on merit.
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by Orikinla(m): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2006
Yes. I agree that some are women of integrity. But I believe that if any big girl is ready to settle down, she would be married.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by akinanenih(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2006
the issue is that when they start making some money, it becomes very difficult to submit to any potential husband cos afterall, what is he gonna offer that she doesnt already have?
They develop this mentality while waiting for mr knight in shining armour who never arrives to their rescue. When women in the upper class learn to stop snubbing men and accept that no matter how much she has, a man is still superior in the eyes of our tradition, until then, there shall be no respect and men shall continue to avoid them, leaving them to be rich and successful spinsters even on the brink of expiration. Afterall, no man will accept a woman who will rule over him grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by simplysmat(m): 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2009
Why am I not surprised that the ladies are quiet on this one?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by SegzyJoe(m): 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2009
@post
They don't get married Simply because they are "BIG GIRLS", unfortunately marriage is not for big girls, but for two gentle souls bounded together in love, with teachable spirit to learn and grow together, submit and respect each other, determination and devotion to the marriage oath. It involves getting lost in each other and humulity to accept correction and apologize. Those are not big girls' virtues, if they have such virtues, they won't look so big in the first place.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by sistawoman: 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2009
simplysmat:

Why am I not surprised that the ladies are quiet on this one?

Maybe because this post is from 2006.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by yme1(f): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
exactly
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by segzicres(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2009
this issue has been raised times without number and the answer is still the same, men get oppressed when they hear or see her swagger.  then they claim they got repelled by her dirty attitude and find a flimsy excuse to stop chase.
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by tuneh(f): 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
First of all, I assume you mean big girls to be women over the age of 30.

I find it very amusing that men would sit and found theories on assumptions they coin all on their own

I guess I fall into the big girl category since I'm over 30 and unmarried. I can tell you for a fact that most single ladies of that age tend to be very willing to sacrifice if only a guy would step up. Unfortunately, most of the guys are busy chasing younger ladies. Why? They are easier to maintain and easier on their egos. Most men are intimidated by a successful working woman and most just assume she won't be submissive. I think guys are just trying to cover up their lack of confidence. It can be demoralising to have a woman earning more than a guy (for the guy). No matter how humble the woman is, the man will still be insecure. Fact.

What we need is real men not boys.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by yme1(f): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2009
oya all the real men step up on your game right now ok
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by simplysmat(m): 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2009
sistawoman:

The point is not the date of post but the content. And the fact remains.

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by nethacker(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2009
y me:

oya all the real men step up on your game right now ok

@y me, The  only people who find what they are looking for in life are the fault finders-the unmarried babes- and surely in the one they love most.They have the answer to everything and the solution to nothing.That's y they'll remain single.
A Lady educated in mind and not in morals is a menace to society” for Manners easily and rapidly mature into morals.”It baffles me alot that When women go wrong, SOME men(not ALL) go right after them.
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by Thor(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2009
Who wants a big fat girl for a wife?

Sweaty and with all the curves in the wrong places  lipsrsealed

Give me a girl thats not overweight with a good figure anytime  cheesy

[img]http://bsmith101.files./2008/10/000946-fat-overweight-black-woman-with-huge-red-hair-eating-kfc-chicken11.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by Ben13: 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2009
It's just natural undecided
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by sistawoman: 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2009
Thor:

Who wants a big fat girl for a wife?

Sweaty and with all the curves in the wrong places lipsrsealed

Give me a girl thats not overweight with a good figure anytime cheesy

Who wants a man that can read and comprehend?
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by DeReloaded: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
Lmao people just dey claim UK, yet their reading comprehension is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by ehie007(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2009
@Tuneh, i feel you jare, most men are always too scared to walk up to the so called big independent women who are above 29yrs, u can blame them sha, but the men need to summon courage and walk up to these women, to ur suprise, u will find them very interesting and ready to lay their head low for marriage, though we have some women who have that pride, and i think they are the ones overshadowing the good ones amongst them, me i wont mind my wife to be to be more financial capable than me, once a man is in control he is in control,

its quite unfortunate that we have so many of these ladies, in banks, oil companies, multinationals, i feel for them sha, am sure when they see their mate wiv their family they will feel bad,

guys, step up to them, and stop been shy,

another issue is that most of theses ladies dont put their head down when they just start their careers, they belive when they get the career they will find a husband, and it backfires seriously, when such ladies meet a fellow starter of a guy, they wont consider him then cos they feel he is not boyant enough, but when the years go by and they both are quite successful, the guy wont even look at such ladies, instead they go for younger ones,

its a tough thing sha, but, one solution i always advice to such ladies is that, once they are above 32 and they sense no hope of marriage, they should find someone to get them pregnant so they can hav a chile, that will give them some form of happiness, if not they loose in both ways, no husbad, no child,

God dey, undecided shocked

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2009
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by yme1(f): 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2009
true talk
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by ken4jj(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2009
@poster,
if u marry 2 or more and your friends marry 2 or more,we will be able to decongest the unmarried market there by reducing the no of umarried babes.no be so?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2009
hmm, i guess different strokes for different folks.
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by bluespice(f): 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2009
insecurities, inferioirity complex, pride on the part of the women, career,
the list is seemingly endless

however stop to take into consideration the group of 'big girls' that do not intend to get married wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by johnnygan(m): 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2009
DeReloaded:

Lmao people just dey claim UK, yet their reading comprehension is pathetic.

I wonder oh LMFAO
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by oluwafemi113(m): 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2009
angry
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by Hollysmile: 1:58am On Mar 27, 2009
Give me one good reason why a young & fresh guy would ignore all the young sweeties for an old cargo of 30 and above.
Gals can be very stupid! How many young gals (gals b/w 18-25) wil like to date a guy of their age? Mosta dem prefer older guys, but when time come run pass dem, dey go begin complain say guys dey like chase after younger gals.
All of dem 'granny gals' wey don nack 30 and above, abeg, make una continue to dey hunt for older men (say 50-70), cos i'm pretty sure u did de same while in ur late teen age and early twenties!
Pity!
LMAO ON DEM GRANNY GALS.
Time no dey to check time!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by whitelexi(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2009
Women, no matter how rich, will lose their appeal once that biological clock gets to 9pm grin grin grin
At that stage, night don dey reach, guys go start to dey run grin grin grin

If what u mean by "big women" is "rich women", then i have to say that at an age of around 35yrs, guys of 40s sef will avoid u. In the days of old, when life was not stressful, women went to school and took care of the family. . .  Today women want to run the family like the westerners, unfortunately for them, most naija men are not like western men who look at age as a number. . .  We invest in looks as well - it is part of the package. Therefore we tend to lose interest where the stock isnt showing signs of profitability grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by charles316: 9:38am On Mar 27, 2009
@ ehie007 ,ur reply is da best but i dont agree with u dat a woman who is above 32 shld get someone to impregnate them.
the problem is that most of the `big girls` are not humble
but d question is `why would i want to marry an old woman`(big girl they call them),when i can get myself a 24 yr old as a wife even if am 36.

i feel for them o.they plenty for my street.i pray god answers their prayers.few times its not their fault,but most times,it is their fault.but d young must learn.

the best time for a woman to marry is when she is less than 26.if not,she wont be spoilt for choice.
@blusspice,u as a big girl,u dont intend to marry abi?
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by ehie007(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2009
@charles316, thanks,

that my advice for women to get a baby if they cant get married still stands, it hellps to bring them some form of happiness even if its small,

most gals at 21-26 are all concerned about career, a few of them get married or get proposed to along the line while a lot dont, and eventually miss out of marriage,

come to think of it, these so called gals get plenty money oh, and all they spend it on is clothes, jewels, food, acccesories, same cycle, shocked shocked shocked shocked wont mind one for a sugar aunty, not sugar mummy, lol
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by romsky: 11:55am On Mar 27, 2009
hmmmmmm
Re: Why Are Somany Big Girls Unmarried by eckersley: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2014
sistawoman:

What kind of logic is this?
Are u trying to say ONLY MEN EXISTED at that time [2006]?
The women should hv responded then [2006]

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think She's Cast A Spell On Me Or Something! / Wot Do U Cherish Most In Ur Guy Or In Ur Girl? / My Ex-girfriend Though She Was Smart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.