Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release (3719 Views)

99/2000 Toyota Corolla VE / 1999 Corolla VE In Mowe/Arepo. 131k Miles. Asking 800k / "ve got a N'million & Needs Toyota Avensis '99/00 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by Hunter(m): 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2006
Australia's most popular car, the holden commodore has been majorly overhauled and is due to be revealed at 10:50AM EAST (Eastern Australian Time)
What makes it interesting for people outside Australia that this is the first commodore that has been designed to be exported as well as available locally. The old commodore was the basis for the Holden Monaro which was also known as the Vauxhall Monaro and the Pontiac GTO (pontiac stuck a really ugly grille on the front though :S)

Base model will feature a 200kw (270BHP) v6 3.6L right up to a 6.0L from a corvette.

Historically the prices have started at around the AUD$30,000 (N3000000) for the v6 up to about AUD$56000 for the V8.

You can watch the unveiling at 10:50AM Sunday (That's a late one for people in nigeria, I think about 12:00am Sunday)

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au/v.htm

Can't wait to see what they've come up with!

Click on the "GM Holden reveals the new VE commodore" to view.

Tommorow after it's revealed I'll the promo pictures here for the people that couldn't be bothered watching.
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by Hunter(m): 1:37am On Jul 16, 2006
5 Minutes to go
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by Hunter(m): 3:23am On Jul 16, 2006
Here is a picture

I'll post more as they are released

ps, they're 19" rims 20" are options
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by Hunter(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2006
Here are some more pictures

These are of the fast version

The luxury model

Then the affordable luxury/performence (about A$50000 N5000000)

They also have a pretty good mini site on it as well

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/campaigns/vecommodore/newcommodoreframe.jsp
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2006
You seem to love cars so much, Hunter!
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by obua: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2006
Looks a bit like the Chevrolet Epica/Daewoo epica. I think that they might be built on the same platform
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by Hunter(m): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2006
obua:

Looks a bit like the Chevrolet Epica/Daewoo epica. I think that they might be built on the same platform

Nope, the VE commodore is a completely clean sheet design. Though it could be exported using those names.
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by naijadey: 3:00am On Jul 22, 2006
Nice work by holden. Their engineering might is ever increasing. first they designed and built the new generation GM V6 used in Cadillacs and now Holden itself, now they engineer the platform that GM would use to revive RWD cars in USA and most importantly as the basis for the stunning camaro

The styling of the car is on the conservative side though. My only problem with this car is with fuel prices going nowhere but up. these Big engined holdens would suffer (the base engine is a 3.6L V6), now even more so as Australia is dropping their outragious tarrifs on imports (Toyota camry comes to mind). With $920million invested development seems like a huge gamble. I will be watching how it performs in the market.
Re: Holden Commodore Ve Countdown/release by Hunter(m): 3:56am On Jul 22, 2006
If it's around the same as the current commodore it shouldn't be too bad, my brother has one with an older engine (3.8l V6) (worse fuel efficiency) and that still does around 10L/100k and about 13/100k in the city.
One of my friends managed to get the consumption on the 5.7L v8 in his parents car well into 40L/100k when he was driving, rather quickly. (an old commodore clubsport)

Most of the cars will be bought by our government for fleet vechicles anyway so it doesn't really matter cheesy

The dynamics of a camry will never really measure up to the commodore either, I don't know if you've ever driven a camry but it's one of the most boring cars I have ever driven (some hyundai piece of $@$* takes the cake as the worst)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 1998 Model For Sale / Spotless White Toyota Matrix 2004 Model@1.250 Best Sharp Price09036658108 / 2014 Model Toyota Camry Sports Used Super Clean Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.