Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,151 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite (29151 Views)

Robbie Brady Loses Teeth After Bloody Clash With Teammate In Chelsea Match(pics) / I Will Never Bite Anyone Again— Suarez / List Of Players Suarez Will Never Bite..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by auschris: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2014
Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has lost one of his financial backers after he was banned for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
Online gambling firm 888poker said it had "decided to terminate its relationship" with "immediate effect".
The 27-year-old Liverpool player was handed a four-month ban by governing body Fifa after being found guilty of biting Chiellini in a World Cup match.
Suarez cannot play for either club or country until the end of October.
He misses the rest of the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil.
Uruguay are due to play Colombia in the last 16 on Saturday after qualifying from Group D behind Costa Rica.
Suarez learned of his ban on Thursday after Fifa decided to open disciplinary proceedings against the player.
He was judged to have bitten Chiellini on the left shoulder towards the end of Tuesday's group game, which Uruguay won 1-0 to qualify for the next stage.
Suarez denied the allegations, claiming Chiellini had bumped into him, but Fifa handed him the longest ban in World Cup history.
As well as a four-month ban from any football-related activity, Suarez was also given a nine-match international suspension.
Uruguay football officials say they plan to appeal against the suspension.
The decision to ban Suarez for four months has split opinion.
While the likes of former England captain Alan Shearer and ex-USA goalkeeper Brad Friedel have argued the ban is fair, reaction in Uruguay has largely been of anger.
Huge crowds gathered at Montevideo airport on Thursday as expectations grew that Suarez would be flying there.

Fans wait for Luis Suarez at Montevideo airport
Uruguay's Sports Minister Liliam Kechichian said the punishment was a "disproportionate sanction" that "hurts us", while Uruguay Football Association president Wilmar Valdez claimed the ban was "excessive".
He added: "It feels like Uruguay has been thrown out of the World Cup."
Suarez's lawyer, Alejandro Balbi, said the player was "totally distraught", while his grandmother, Lila Piriz Da Rosa, said her grandson had been treated like "a dog".
She added: "Everyone knows what they've done to Luis. They wanted him out of the World Cup. Perfect, they did it."
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28053513

4 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Jraph(m): 11:04am On Jun 27, 2014
hmm thats good to know cause i'm still the 2nd to comment.
#bleepme ifi'm wrong#

1 Like

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by meritdee(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2014
His supporters should shut up already. They should find a way to counsel him than blaming the media and the world for his woes. He's been banned on two different occasions and he has again repeated same cannibalistic act. Chiellini was not with ball, he was expecting a cross and then you moved behind him, leaned over and sunk your teeth in his flesh expecting a rash reaction from Chiellini that would make you dive to gain penalty in your team's favour. He can never stop looking for ways to cheat. It's in him.

47 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by aminho(m): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2014
well grandma your grandson is a dog now so we treated him like one

46 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by DaGC(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
Its very unprofessional for a player so talented to have acted that way. He might even get more losses from others (sponsors, clubs etc) after this.

2 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by fingard02k(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
fifa fall my hand here.

I was expecting nothing less than 2yrs ban from football sef.

We should all join him & celebrate his biting hat-trick

22 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
he no chop meat commot from house....

Thank God nairaland is coming up gradually

9 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by mazizitonene(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
Suarez don enter dictionary....na new word now undecided

1 Like

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by eghos12(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
iymea o iymea iyemea o iyemea in this life u rep what you sow o o iyeme a o iyme a.

Suarez book for bitting in proffesional league
1 erevidise league check
2 primer league check
3 fifa word cup check
next uefa champions league target pepe of real madrid.
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by DaBozz(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
WORLD RECORD:
Suarez has gotten hatrick in biting
Lolz

4 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by johnwizey: 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
Seun needs to buy Suarez and tame him

2 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Feedmemore(f): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
Suarez need deliverance from the spirit of "bite-bite". Lol

21 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by sexymoma(f): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
Suarez the vampire grin

6 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Morgan1092(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
Though dat was a bad display from u Suarez, but dnt wori much Suarez. U will cm bk stronger scoring 40goals dis season. #TeamLFC

5 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by AkinseteK(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
This post is now be guarded by Luiz Suarez Trespasser beware!!!!!!!!!
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by freshness2020: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
He hasn't seen anything yet... The Ghana loss of 2010 is still haunting him..

5 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by rexfada(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
auschris:
... his grandmother, Lila Piriz Da Rosa, said her grandson had been treated like "a dog".
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28053513
It's only dogs that bite grandma!!

5 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
AM 100% SURE THAT SUAREZ WAS PRESENT WHEN THE APPLE LOGO WAS CREATED grincheesy

10 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Peetar3117(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
e b like say na suarez grandma pass dis cannabilistic urge to her grandson oo...
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
No space

1 Like

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by vislabraye(m): 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
When I get a dog, I will name him Suarez. I think suarez should do commercials for dog food.

16 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by mencade5(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
England and italian propanganda. Useless political country. Suarez, you are still a great player better than all english players put together.

3 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
Dat guy na werewolf...serves him right...

1 Like

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by adahib: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Don't know when suarez will grow up. This is quite unbecoming of a professional like him. He got what he deserved.

1 Like

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Akshow: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Bite worth millions.
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by LMAyedun(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
I really bad for Suarez...
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Atigba: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
good for him barcelona wanted to go for him too bad
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
Wow did i make first page. I swear nairaland traffic is low. I couldnt have achieve this feat if nairaland wasnt hacked. Seun you need to put up agresive campaign to raise awareness
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by KenJak(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
Shameless player that turned himself to little kid who bites around.
Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Slickest(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
Craze world
Wit al f riches nd endorsement, craze world
Na clinfford orji path him wan walk, craze world
I'm own na untop field no b unda bridge, craze world
Ronaldinho wey I'm teeth big pass no bite person oo, craze world
The dog has 2b tamed nd chaine b4 it mauls in cold blood, craze world

Meanwhyl
Chibok girls stil dey miss
Craze world

3 Likes

Re: Suarez Loses Sponsor Because Of Bite by Jamie87(m): 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
Suarez was here. . .

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was Anthony Joshua Loss Fixed? Nigerian Man Believes It Was Scripted / AFCON 2023 'NEPA' Messes Up Nigeria's Schedule As Super Eagles Train In Darkness / Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.