Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Why Nairaland Was Shut Down - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Nairaland Was Shut Down (4693 Views)

I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! / Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! / Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2014
I had to find nairaland in Facebook to see if I could follow certain topics I keep tabs on that's when it struck me.

The attack might be perpetrated by Agents of the government who detest freedom of speech n uncontrollable sources of information.

If this is true you will observe 3things
1. Certain accounts will be blocked

2. Certain stories will be deleted

3. Certain stories will be removed and those accounts banned

This measures are not necessary. I have observed Nigerians on Nairaland and they care not for the truth. The most commented topics are entertainment, advice, Business etc not matters of State to push the country forward. And when they do talk about the country its about picking sides and parties for sentimental reasons.
I still believe in this country and I look forward to when Nigerians will put aside tribalism, personal interest and greed and work together, spread truth and build a Nation the world is both afraid of and yet desperately needs

NB. If you post sensitive information online I advice you do so with a mailing address that can't be easily traced to you that's if my theory is true
Welcome my fellow Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by wunmite90: 11:26am On Jun 27, 2014
MR ATTACK MARCHINE.... y ur body dey hot na. let the person wey nail shook for leg talk y dem shook am first nah... you just fly fence enter another man house begin shout theif... na u get the house?

COOL BODY MAKE SEUN TELL US WETIN HAPPEN.. I GUESS THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON IT. COS SOMETHINGS ARE STILL NOT WORKING YET

11 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by checkdate(m): 11:32am On Jun 27, 2014
Who is Responsible ?
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 11:32am On Jun 27, 2014
wunmite90: MR ATTACK MARCHINE.... y ur body dey hot na. let the person wey nail shook for leg talk y dem shook am first nah... you just fly fence enter another man house begin shout theif... na u get the house?

COOL BODY MAKE SEUN TELL US WETIN HAPPEN.. I GUESS THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON IT. COS SOMETHINGS ARE STILL NOT WORKING YET

true eg The search button
Well its just a theory one can't be too careful anymore remember d blogger arrested for posting pictures of the attack on SSS HQ
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Idrismusty97(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2014
Stop all these conspiracy theories joor! Wait for the owner to make an official speech(If he will).

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:53am On Jun 27, 2014
Insinuating
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 27, 2014
Una don start again oooo!!
Una don over rest abi? tatafo fm.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Dygeasy(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
Na una wan get answer, na una still dey answer unaself...

Shut up y'all and let info and explanation come from the right department.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by HolidayJobs: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hello guys, if you are a Student of a Nigerian University, Live in Lagos and interested in Holiday Jobs like Customer Service and sales, send your Name, Email Address,Phone Number and preferred Location to holidayjobsinlagos@gmail.com. Please email addresses like emmababyboy or cutegirl will be disqualified as employees will classify such mails as unserious. Tell others
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
Idrismusty97: Stop all these conspiracy theories joor! Wait for the owner to make an official speech(If he will).

do you think Seun will tell us wat rili happened? he'd would have told us by now. It was hacked and shut down people need to be prepared for the worst.
Need I remind you that at one point people complained of their identities been revealed. Users take note People are viewing the conversations as a threat because of the freedom at which info is shared
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
miz tola: Una don start again oooo!!
Una don over rest abi? tatafo fm.

its not tatafo there may be truth in this even gossips carry an element of truth
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
Dygeasy: Na una wan get answer, na una still dey answer unaself...

Shut up y'all and let info and explanation come from the right department.

in as much as yu have a right to say wat yu like Have respect for others nb yu. cud ve just shut up <just saying >
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Dygeasy(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
moski5:

in as much as yu have a right to say wat yu like Have respect for others nb yu. cud ve just shut up <just saying >
I believe everything juvenile about your thinking should have gone with the data that waslost. This is a second chance to start the year afresh and with sense.

Stop the insinuation and the owner of the site will explain the reason behind the crash if he wishes to. All the theories springing up are just dumb and pointless to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by adebrave1(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
Haaa... All my interesting topics gone!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Dexpro: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2014
Na Me....... See queshon.

checkdate: Who is Responsible ?

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
moski5:

its not tatafo there may be truth in this even gossips carry an element of truth
yeah right!! undecided
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by fr3do(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
Lots of data was lost
its just like NL travelled back in time, all my likes and mentions since sometime in January are all gone cry
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
i suspect this attack was carried out from U.A.E or some islamic country.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
adebrave1: Haaa... All my interesting topics gone!

hmm I said it
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
For me i think Ogakpatakpa must be involved in this.

6 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Dygeasy: I believe everything juvenile about your thinking should have gone with the data that waslost. This is a second chance to start the year afresh and with sense.

Stop the insinuation and the owner of the site will explain the reason behind the crash if he wishes to. All the theories springing up are just dumb and pointless to me.

Juvenile, dumb, I feel for you .. actually felt we cud ve a civilized discuss without name calling, insults n abuse.... I shud ve known.... I choose to say no more
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
fr3do: Lots of data was lost
its just like NL travelled back in time, all my likes and mentions since sometime in January are all gone cry

like I postulated this may just be the beginning
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
fr3do: Lots of data was lost

like I postulated this may just be the beginning
I'm watching closely
<looks left looks right..... sighs Chaiiiiiu>
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
[quote author=fr3do]Lots of data was lost
its just like NL travelled back in time, all my likes and mentions since sometime in January are all gone cry[/quote
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Osyxcel(m): 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nairaland was hacked.

The signs were there before the final shutdown.... cry cry
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by SELENAqueensy(f): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
all my topics gone cry cry
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Superstar007(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
Osyxcel: Nairaland was hacked.

The signs were there before the final shutdown.... cry cry

What signs are you talking about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebola Bathing With Warm Salt Water- Hoax Pls / Nigerian Embassy Dublin To Charge Extra 50 Euros Admin Fee To Issue E-passport / Bikini Girls, Can You Swim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.