Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,472 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:00 PM

Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. (32880 Views)

Sahara Power / Stanbic Ibtc Pension Test May 2014 By Kimberly Ryan / How Was D Sahara Power Interview Last Week Friday? (16/09/11) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2014
I just got my admission letter this morning
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by crespo67: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Hey guys....howz everyone doing..those that have received their letters of employment and NAPTIN admission can give us some more detailed information....tanx guyz....
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
crespo67: Hey guys....howz everyone doing..those that have received their letters of employment and NAPTIN admission can give us some more detailed information....tanx guyz....

I have received my admission letter and it contains several information including the monthly stipend and a confidentiality condition. Please understand that the confidentiality condition stated in the letter is the reason why those who have received the letter can not paste it on Nairaland or elsewhere, they would be doing that at their own peril.

Please exercise some patience, if you were recruited by Sahara Power, you will get the mail, then you can go ahead and do whatever you like with it.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by crespo67: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
benaikodon:

I have received my admission letter and it contains several information including the monthly stipend and a confidentiality condition. Please understand that the confidentiality condition stated in the letter is the reason why those who have received the letter can not paste it on Nairaland or elsewhere, they would be doing that at their own peril.

Please exercise some patience, if you were recruited by Sahara Power, you will get the mail, then you can go ahead and do whatever you like with it.

Regards.

Yeah,I guessed so,datz why I didn't mention to paste the letter here....Personally,I am also currently undergoing the NAPTIN training, I believe they would have an arrangement for a few of us in that group...estimated count, 8 of us...cheers guyz...see y'all august 1st...
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
crespo67:

Yeah,I guessed so,datz why I didn't mention to paste the letter here....Personally,I am also currently undergoing the NAPTIN training, I believe they would have an arrangement for a few of us in that group...estimated count, 8 of us...cheers guyz...see y'all august 1st...

Thankfully you are currently undergoing training at NAPTIN, tell us what to expect and if the training will be all at NAPTIN SURULERE training facility for the duration of the 12months, or are we still going to EGBIN Power plant? We need this info in order to know whether to secure an accommodation in Surulere or go from home (For Lagos Residents)

Please brief the house.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by crespo67: 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
benaikodon:

Thankfully you are currently undergoing training at NAPTIP, tell us what to expect and if the training will be all at NAPTIP SURULERE training facility for the duration of the 12months, or are we still going to EGBIN Power plant? We need this info in order to know whether to secure an accommodation in Surulere or go from home (For Lagos Residents)

Please brief the house.

First of all,its NAPTIN not NAPTIP...
I am on the training on an individual basis...ie,not company sponsored,therefore,there might be some difference in the organisation since its going to be structured for SAHARA....
The program consist of classroom orientation for 2weeks, field work for 3months, classwork for 3weeks, field work for 3months, classwork for 3weeks,field work for 3months, and finally a management taining for 2weeks...so,most of the 12months is going to be spent on the field...Remember,I am speaking in terms of the NAPTIN Graduate skill development program, and this may differ from NAPTIN training structured for SAHARA..We await all the complete info....Rest your mind....
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
crespo67:

I am on the training on an individual basis...ie,not company sponsored,therefore,there might be some difference in the organisation since its going to be structured for SAHARA....
The program consist of classroom orientation for 2weeks, field work for 3months, classwork for 3weeks, field work for 3months, classwork for 3weeks,field work for 3months, and finally a management taining for 2weeks...so,most of the 12months is going to be spent on the field...Remember,I am speaking in terms of the NAPTIN Graduate skill development program, and this may differ from NAPTIN training structured for SAHARA..We await all the complete info....Rest your mind....
Cheers

Great Insight Crespo67...I guess its more of a practical training than a classroom or office thing....
Please where exactly does the field-work take place. Is it at Egbin Power Plant, for those of us recruited for Generation?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by primusmaximus: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
JimmyAlade: T
PABLN
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by crespo67: 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
benaikodon:

Great Insight Crespo67...I guess its more of a practical training than a classroom or office thing....
Please where exactly does the field-work take place. Is it at Egbin Power Plant, for those of us recruited for Generation?

I guess its gonna be in whatever company one has been selected for...
Cheers
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by crespo67: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
benaikodon:

Thanks man
Cheers
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
crespo67:

Thanks man
Cheers

Thanks
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by crespo67: 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
benaikodon:

Thanks man
Cheers
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
crespo67:

Cheers
Any insight on accommodation?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gassong:
Thanks a whole lot. God bless.
ff back.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by blackknyte(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Got my admission letter and was asked to report to IKEDC office @ ikeja for appointment letter....... Any other person(s) with such a case?

By the way, isn't the purpose of an online profile ANONYMITY?

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by soldierAnt(m): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
blackknyte: Got my admission letter and was asked to report to IKEDC office @ ikeja for appointment letter....... Any other person(s) with such a case?

By the way, isn't the purpose of an online profile ANONYMITY?
Only difference is I didn't get an admission letter.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by krimboy897(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
soldierAnt:
Only difference is I didn't get an admission letter.

Same thing here... No admission letter yet..
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
krimboy897:

Same thing here... No admission letter yet..

Relax mehn, there is still time.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by segunakadri(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
DreManuel:

Relax mehn, there is still time.
finally got mine nw i'm relaxing
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:40am On Jul 18, 2014
crespo67:

Cheers
For those of you undergoing the NAPTIN training independently, please what are your chances of getting absorbed in the system after you conclude the training? I have someone making enquiries about it and it costs a lot of money, so he doesn't want to waste a lot of money for a certificate that won't help him.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Lentulus(m): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2014
Hmm..... Na wa o! 30 months!! grin

Wait o! This Sahara Letter is not detailed enough o! Will this stipend increase after 1 year?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Lentulus: Hmm..... Na wa o! 30 months!! grin

Wait o! This Sahara Letter is not detailed enough o! Will this stipend increase after 1 year?

Definitely, the salary of an intern is not going to be same with that of a permanent staff. I know this from experience.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Lentulus(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2014
The stipend is subject to tax, but no details of tax. I don't know why they're shying away from salary details after training, however they're insisting you commit 30 months! that is, after 3 months of probation o! And even telling you that you will reimburse the cost expended by the company if you don't. Haba!! E get as e be!

benaikodon:

Definitely, the salary of an intern is not going to be same with that of a permanent staff. I know this from experience.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2014
Lentulus: The stipend is subject to tax, but no details of tax. I don't know why they're shying away from salary details after training, however they're insisting you commit 30 months! that is, after 3 months of probation o! And even telling you that you will reimburse the cost expended by the company if you don't. Haba!! E get as e be!

Oga Mr. Lentulus...
Those are just measures to ensure that one is focused during the training and that eventually you dont abscond after they have spent a fortune training you. I dont know if you know that it costs 750thousand Naira for a graduate to be trained at NAPTIN. So if u are getting paid while being trained, I think you should count yourself as one of the lucky few.

Whether 30 months or 30years....if u be get wetin u dey do wey better pass SAHARA, make u no join naaa...no be by force ooo...thats why its a contract where u can accept or reject....Please dont mind my tone....Many Nigerians wished they were in your shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2014
benaikodon:

Oga Mr. Lentulus...
Those are just measures to ensure that one is focused during the training and that eventually you dont abscond after they have spent a fortune training you. I dont know if you know that it costs 750thousand Naira for a graduate to be trained at NAPTIN. So if u are getting paid while being trained, I think you should count yourself as one of the lucky few.

Whether 30 months or 30years....if u be get wetin u dey do wey better pass SAHARA, make u no join naaa...no be by force ooo...thats why its a contract where u can accept or reject....Please dont mind my tone....Many Nigerians wished they were in your shoes.

that was an apt response.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2014
Sahara is a wonderful place to be.. grin cheesy grin~#Teamoutsidelagos bank alerts rollin in again.Dis alert is def to appease the gods wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by DreManuel(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2014
klifeomg: Sahara is a wonderful place to be.. grin cheesy grin~#Teamoutsidelagos bank alerts rollin in again.Dis alert is def to appease the gods wink cheesy

We Lagosians too expended some costs now.

Na only una waka come? Chai! There's God o.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
klifeomg: Sahara is a wonderful place to be.. grin cheesy grin~#Teamoutsidelagos bank alerts rollin in again.Dis alert is def to appease the gods wink cheesy
Lmao
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2014

Seconded, I hope another 1wld enter for trans to surulere.. Respect #Teamoutsidelagos. Bt make e no run belle shaa..
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
DreManuel:

We Lagosians too expended some costs now.

Na only una waka come? Chai! There's God o.
Sahara think say I be Landlord for Lagos ni?
make them send my own relocation alawi o.
#Congratulations peeps. See you all soon.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by soldierAnt(m): 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
Which one be relocoation alawi biko?

Chai! There is God o!
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Double27: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
aooyelami:
Sahara think say I be Landlord for Lagos ni?
make them send my own relocation alawi o.
#Congratulations peeps. See you all soon.
I sent you a mail.
Pls kindly reply. TX

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

He Missed An Interview Because……. / How Many Megabites Are In 1 Gigabite? / We Apologize To The Men And Women Who Kept Vigil With Us From 11.30pm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.