Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (910494 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lacazzi(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
thebigkendo:

Fixed grin grin grin

cc Lacazzi tsx is a very durable car, only warning no dey drag road with danfo grin grin https://www.nairaland.com/5449187/honda-acura-body-parts-got/34#88433371
what! shocked
just read that. that is discouraging.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gokecont(m): 2:11pm On May 01, 2020
Please where can I see my engine number for Honda pilot 06
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by IyawoToBe(f): 8:22pm On May 01, 2020
Hi all. My airbag warning light stays on after starting the car. What could be wrong? I noticed about a week ago.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
IyawoToBe:
Hi all. My airbag warning light stays on after starting the car. What could be wrong? I noticed about a week ago.
Did you hit anything or did anything impacted on your car?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by IyawoToBe(f): 8:37pm On May 01, 2020
kingreign:

Did you hit anything or did anything impacted on your car?
No o. angry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MGDIMA4: 8:47pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2020
IyawoToBe:
No o. angry
Who are you frowning at? undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by searchng4love: 11:47pm On May 01, 2020
kingreign:

Who are you frowning at? undecided
You dey quarrel on top forum
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by IyawoToBe(f): 12:20pm On May 02, 2020
searchng4love:

You dey quarrel on top forum
lol, he is quarrelling with himself grin The time he used to pay attention to the emoji could have been put into better use to tell me what could be wrong with my car and how I can fix it... Or better still, Ignore and let other less petty members help me.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by otugbem(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
Hi guys, is there anyone who handles NAVSAT software here? Prado 2019 to be precise.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by anyibig: 1:18am On May 03, 2020
Hi guys, please I really need your advice. I have the option of buying a Nigerian used lexus rx330 2005 or hyundai sonata 2013 from USA. Please which do you think is more reliable and durable?? I really don't want a car that will give me headache in near future. Also fuel efficient is considered. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by johlaniyi(m): 4:40pm On May 03, 2020
Pls guru, i need your opinion, i have a 1999 toyota camry tiny light, the problem is that the oil light has not been coming on from the dash board display, when you turn on the electronics with key before starting the engine, its not coming on with other lights
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2020
anyibig:
Hi guys, please I really need your advice. I have the option of buying a Nigerian used lexus rx330 2005 or hyundai sonata 2013 from USA. Please which do you think is more reliable and durable?? I really don't want a car that will give me headache in near future. Also fuel efficient is considered. Thanks

Go for the sonata since it's toks, that is less risky unless you are sure of the history of the naija rx

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 1:21am On May 04, 2020
ojeysky:

Go for the sonata since it's toks, that is less risky unless you are sure of the history of the naija rx

No brainer. The Toks Sonata

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmaeddie: 5:59pm On May 04, 2020
Please i use a toyota sienna 2000... I makes this gbim !!! Sound like say rock fall for floor when i change gear to reverse...but other gears work smoothly. This doesn't happen when i start d engine in the morning but as time passes it happens...whats the problem here abeg ? Jus changed the gear and engine to v6 and mileage now is less than 140k...no warning light is showing in dashboard...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jonnyp(m): 8:58pm On May 04, 2020
Good day guys,pls I want to know btw c300 Mercedes and Honda Accord which is Easy to maintain both 2008-2010
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 8:31am On May 05, 2020
jonnyp:
Good day guys,pls I want to know btw c300 Mercedes and Honda Accord which is Easy to maintain both 2008-2010

Honda Accord cheaper to own and maintain.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Adaba0803(m): 11:05am On May 05, 2020
emmaeddie:
Please i use a toyota sienna 2000... I makes this gbim !!! Sound like say rock fall for floor when i change gear to reverse...but other gears work smoothly. This doesn't happen when i start d engine in the morning but as time passes it happens...whats the problem here abeg ? Jus changed the gear and engine to v6 and mileage now is less than 140k...no warning light is showing in dashboard...

I think your engine seat is the problem here but let hear from the guru cos am not sure.

Pls do you have the idea of how much the gear alone cost? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Joebas: 12:54pm On May 05, 2020
Good day gurus in the house.
i have a 2000 toyota avalon and i notice that in thw afternoon or when the coolant temperatures is at the half line, the rpm drops too low with the ac on. it drops to about 500rpm and the engine vibrates a lot. also when you the steering at that moment it drops further and behaves as if it wants to stall out. please help is needed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MaxNdu: 3:45am On May 06, 2020
Adaba0803:

I think your engine seat is the problem here but let hear from the guru cos am not sure.

Pls do you have the idea of how much the gear alone cost? Thanks

Like Adaba0803 has rightly said, you might be having a bad engine seat. It might also be a bad transmission seat as well.
To confirm if its bad engine/transmission seat, have your car engine running while in a stationary or parking position with the engine bay open. Get someone to depress the brakes and move the gear lever from Parking through the "Reverse" and "drive" position, you should see exceeding physical movement of the engine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2020
The service of a car rewire with good knowledge on electrical components in cars needed in Lagos.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ogtavia(m): 4:11am On May 08, 2020
Good Morning OP. I drive a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE. The recommended tire size is 215/55R17 which the car has currently. However, I am toying with the idea of getting 225/60R17 tires. What do you think? Will it work without issues or rubbing? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mrover(m): 9:35am On May 09, 2020
Hello Auto gurus,
Pls I need help. My car veers to the left at every/any first move, but when on the highway it goes straight. I have done done wheel alignment and wheel balance and those auto guys think it's okay but I am positive it's not.
I understand sloppy roads could cause it to veer right or left depending. But mine veers left all the time - on straight roads, or so.
What could be the cause??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 3:28pm On May 09, 2020
mrover:
Hello Auto gurus,
Pls I need help. My car veers to the left at every/any first move, but when on the highway it goes straight. I have done done wheel alignment and wheel balance and those auto guys think it's okay but I am positive it's not.
I understand sloppy roads could cause it to veer right or left depending. But mine veers left all the time - on straight roads, or so.
What could be the cause??

I'm not a car mechanic nor a car expert but from experience when I had similar issue the Camber rubber or busshin I doubt if I got that spelling right was replaced and that solved the problem.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GoldSomy: 2:51pm On May 11, 2020
Hi guys,

My car is 2007 Camry V4 and the recommended oil is 5W-20 and 0w-20 but generally, in Nigeria they said 5w-30 is better due our weather

What’s your advice please
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2020
GoldSomy:
Hi guys,

My car is 2007 Camry V4 and the recommended oil is 5W-20 and 0w-20 but generally, in Nigeria they said 5w-30 is better due our weather

There are places hotter than naija.....but ofcourse if you can't get *w-20 then you can use a good 5w-30 but don't link the reason to weather cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:32pm On May 11, 2020
ogtavia:
Good Morning OP. I drive a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE. The recommended tire size is 215/55R17 which the car has currently. However, I am toying with the idea of getting 225/60R17 tires. What do you think? Will it work without issues or rubbing? Thanks.

Yes it will work out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2020
GoldSomy:
Hi guys,

0w40 or 5w40 is suitable because of engine design .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tfrancis(m): 8:56pm On May 11, 2020
Have you been looking for any courier website for your customer to track their goods? Check this out! Its cheap and affordable.
http://mohost.com.ng/projects/gocargo

WhatsApp: +2347060624802.

Please only serious people!

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ogtavia(m): 9:00pm On May 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Yes it will work out
That's a lot sir. I appreciate.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mrover(m): 12:07pm On May 12, 2020
adubam:

I'm not a car mechanic nor a car expert but from experience when I had similar issue the Camber rubber or busshin I doubt if I got that spelling right was replaced and that solved the problem.

Thanks man, i'll check.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 4:44pm On May 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Yes it will work out
Hello Gazz, The frontside wheel (driver side) is giving a funny vibration anytime I go thru a gallop, I took it to a mech, he said I need to replace the both ball joints but a friend said they can hammer it back in position or weld it instead of replacing it.
Any head way pls?
My car is a Honda Accord 2006 model.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (507) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.