Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (910787 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Edunwa302(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2021
Activity77:

Boss which scanner are you using... Wana buy one for personal use.. Thanks
I have OBDII WIFI enabled scanner for sale just 10k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hallenjay: 7:11am On May 22, 2021
How difficult is it to maintain infinity fx35 2005 model in port harcourt
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:38am On May 22, 2021
Hallenjay:
How difficult is it to maintain infinity fx35 2005 model in port harcourt

Basic vehicle . Follow standard service routines.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 7:53am On May 22, 2021
aieromon:

What evidence do you have to back up this claim for the 1ZZ-FE engine?

http://mywikimotors.com/toyota-1zz/

I think you are right.

I drive a corolla and each time I pour four liters oil into the engine, it goes a little above the full mark on the dip stick.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 9:43am On May 22, 2021
My car is 2007 Toyota corolla.

Since I got it in 2019, I have been using Mobil semi synthetic oil (5W 30). But the car burns oil and (burns around one liter after 2k miles) and emits little blue smoke when started in the morning. The smoke lasts a second or two. But when driving, it doesn't smoke.

Because of the little oil shortage, I changed to Mobil 20W 50 in February this year. Because I felt it would stop the oil burn. But that didn't happen.

Now I want to go back to Mobil semi synthetic (5W 30). But hope the Mobil 20W 50 I used only once from February to this time won't cause any problems?

Cc. GAZZUZZ, kingrein, nurey,...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 10:33am On May 22, 2021
Grupo:

Since I got it in 2019, I have been using Mobil semi synthetic oil (5W 30). But the car burns oil and (burns around one liter after 2k miles) and emits little blue smoke when started in the morning. The smoke lasts a second or two. But when driving, it doesn't smoke.

Because of the little oil shortage, I changed to Mobil 20W 50 in February this year. Because I felt it would stop the oil burn. But that didn't happen.

Now I want to go back to Mobil semi synthetic (5W 30). But hope the Mobil 20W 50 I used only once from February to this time won't cause any problems?

You can revert back no issue.

Are you certain the early morning smoke isn't just steaming?

For reduction of oil it could be external leak, check your undercarriage and engine external seals for leakage.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 10:39am On May 22, 2021
nurey:

You can revert back no issue.

Are you certain the early morning smoke isn't just steaming?

For reduction of oil it could be external leak, check your undercarriage and engine external seals for leakage.

Okay. Thanks.
No visible leaks.

No, it's not steaming. I do notice the one that's steaming when the weather is cold or it has Rained. Also, the steam is always white.

The morning start up smoking happens like this. The smoke is released the moment the engine comes on and goes away almost immediately. Doesn't last more than a second or two. And won't happen again until I start the next morning.

Also, the smoke is not noticeable from inside the car.

I have to stand behind and ask someone to start the car before I notice the smoke.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2021
Grupo:

Okay. Thanks.
No visible leaks.

No, it's not steaming. I do notice the one that's steaming when the weather is cold or it has Rained. Also, the steam is always white.

The morning start up smoking happens like this. The smoke is released the moment the engine comes on and goes away almost immediately. Doesn't last more than a second or two. And won't happen again until I start the next morning.

Also, the smoke is not noticeable from inside the car.

I have to stand behind and ask someone to start the car before I notice the smoke.

Standing behind car, tell someone to rev the engine to 3k rpm and observe if smoke is noticed.

If smoke is observed at throttle depression only, then you have an internal leakage
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2021
nurey:

Standing behind car, tell someone to rev the engine to 3k rpm and observe if smoke is noticed.

If smoke is observed at throttle depression only, then you have an internal leakage

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 12:29pm On May 22, 2021
nurey:

Update.

I'm at the mechanic now. They removed the plastic cover on the engine and discovered that the oil is leaking from the valve cover.

Let me fix that and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2021
Please house, where can i get this wheel(ALLOY RIM) either direct belgium or new one?

Rim size: 245/45R18

HELP ME OUT

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:52pm On May 22, 2021
Kanshi1:
Please house, where can i get this wheel(ALLOY RIM) either direct belgium or new one?

Rim size: 245/45R18

HELP ME OUT

Message 08033910382
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2021
Grupo:

Update: went to the mechanic. Discovered valve cover was leaving. Fixed that.

I've gone back to semi synthetic 5W 30. Let me see how it goes.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:10pm On May 22, 2021
Grupo:

Valve stem seal.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2021
Gurus in the house . Some mornings I notice small drips of oil under my sump but when I check my oil level with the dip stick oil level is still good. Oil is also visible on the body of the sump.

Please how do I remedy this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DMechyy: 9:27am On May 23, 2021
obidevine:
Gurus in the house . Some mornings I notice small drips of oil under my sump but when I check my oil level with the dip stick oil level is still good. Oil is also visible on the body of the sump.

Please how do I remedy this?

Clean all oil around the sump and above. Ensure it is dry.

Then recheck again after a while, you will see where the leakage is coming from

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2021
DMechyy:

Clean all oil around the sump and above. Ensure it is dry.

Then recheck again after a while, you will see where the leakage is coming from

Ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gafman222: 7:02am On May 24, 2021
Pls how much can I get an engine for 2004 Toyota camry? @Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chibatov(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2021
Good morning guys. Please I'm looking forward to getting a toks lexus es 350. Inspected one already with no issues at all and great price. My problem now is that it is the 2007 and I've heard alot about their transmission problems. What can I do to avoid that?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:27am On May 24, 2021
chibatov:
Good morning guys. Please I'm looking forward to getting a toks lexus es 350. Inspected one already with no issues at all and great price. My problem now is that it is the 2007 and I've heard alot about their transmission problems. What can I do to avoid that?

You cannot.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chibatov(m): 11:31am On May 24, 2021
Jesuu and I was already being sweet talked into making part payment. Dealer said as long as I changed transmission fluid regularly I had no problems grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by isyomar(f): 11:38am On May 24, 2021
Good morning Sir. I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra which has been giving my Kazeem problem to solve. The car jerks seriously when you engage it on drive and reverse. I scan the car and it came up with the following codes, P01320, P0180, P0464. Can you please interpret the codes for me in plain english? Thank you so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:33pm On May 24, 2021
gafman222:
Pls how much can I get an engine for 2004 Toyota camry? @Gazzuzz

Message 08033910382
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2021
chibatov:
Jesuu and I was already being sweet talked into making part payment. Dealer said as long as I changed transmission fluid regularly I had no problems grin
Gd save you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2021
isyomar:
Good morning Sir. I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra which has been giving my Kazeem problem to solve. The car jerks seriously when you engage it on drive and reverse. I scan the car and it came up with the following codes, P01320, P0180, P0464. Can you please interpret the codes for me in plain english? Thank you so much

P0180, P0464 these two codes have to do with fuel temp and fuel level sensors inside fuel tank, 9 out of 10 vehicles of that age always have that code.

The code you should be worried about is P01320, it is not specific about the cause, possible ignition coils or distributor code.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gafman222: 7:54pm On May 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Message 08033910382
OK boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Omoboricash(m): 1:41am On May 25, 2021
Good day ..... Weldone for good job you're doing. Pls what could cause corolla to be off during slow or when u suddenly match break .
My mechanic said one of the coils is malfunctioning. Initially he said I should use it for a while to really know which one among the four . But I want really enjoying the driving when there is traffick. The car engine go off at any slight slow down . The following week I went back to my mechanic he said I should change the whole four coil. Pls what do u think should be the problem and solution sir.
Note: the car is just less than a month in nigeria. Foreign used as
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:43am On May 25, 2021
Omoboricash:
Good day ..... Weldone for good job you're doing. Pls what could cause corolla to be off during slow or when u suddenly match break .
My mechanic said one of the coils is malfunctioning. Initially he said I should use it for a while to really know which one among the four . But I want really enjoying the driving when there is traffick. The car engine go off at any slight slow down . The following week I went back to my mechanic he said I should change the whole four coil. Pls what do u think should be the problem and solution sir.
Note: the car is just less than a month in nigeria. Foreign used as

corolla model? What year?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AmeLonRo(m): 5:18am On May 25, 2021
Hello, Why does my Skoda engine smoke? please how much does it cost to ring a Skoda car? One mechanic said it's 30k and another offered to do it for 20k.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On May 25, 2021
AmeLonRo:
Hello, Why does my Skoda engine smoke? please how much does it cost to ring a Skoda car ? One mechanic said it's 30k and another offered to do it for 20k.

I might charge you ₦100,000 for labour only cheesy

It's really not a case of the cheaper the better.

It is a process and there are are parts involved.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HottieCoach(f): 10:41am On May 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I might charge you ₦100,000 for labour only cheesy

It's really not a case of the cheaper the better.

It is a process and there are are PARTS involved.

Did someone say Parts....? wink wink

We Source and Supply high quality Car Parts
https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by isyomar(f): 11:38am On May 25, 2021
Ok boss. Thanks alot

GAZZUZZ:

P0180, P0464 these two codes have to do with fuel temp and fuel level sensors inside fuel tank, 9 out of 10 vehicles of that age always have that code.

The code you should be worried about is P01320, it is not specific about the cause, possible ignition coils or distributor code.

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.