Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (910614 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Trinity33(m): 9:01am On Jun 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seyema(m): 9:41am On Jun 19, 2021
I scanned my car this morning after several struggles before it start and I got the following codes
P0115
P0141
P0325
P0141

1999 Camry
No check engine light
Somebody help me please
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:33am On Jun 19, 2021
Trinity33:
Please i need an urgent help!!!!!!
Am about to pay for a toyota camry 2008, clean Nigeria use, my machanics has certified the car ok, all the papers are complete apart from custom paper, i was told there can fix it on monday, but i just want to ask for opinion here. The car is being sold by a trusted dealer in abuja, plus is there any means of verify the papers, its my first car and i dont want any issues at all, though i already like the car, plssssss advice my pple

Don't buy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Beautiful auto gurus of NL. I hope I can get some advice here . When I turn on my car engine and engage the gear to drive and turn on the AC I hear a funny noise coming from the engine . I just posted a video. Please who can advice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
Debosneh31:
Please can a raising switch cause a civic 07 not to idle?
Cc Gazzuzz and co

Yes.

But in UAR, we scan first
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
seyema:
I scanned my car this morning after several struggles before it start and I got the following codes
P0115
P0141
P0325
P0141

1999 Camry
No check engine light
Somebody help me please

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
alladinov:
Good evening sir, pls can you help me interpret this codes
P0172
P0101
P0012
Camry 2009 sport
And possible solutions. Thanks

172 engine is running rich (more fuel to air in combustion )

101 MAF with circuit code, not working efficiently but not throwing an air temp code so it's connected fine but misbehaving.

P0012 timing related code.

Check for an air leak on intake side for code 1 and 2
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seyema(m): 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=102884960][/quote]
Okay I'll show it to my mechanic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Edunwa302(m): 8:11am On Jun 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Sure we are not dealing with a transmission issue?
Here's sensors parameters dont know if any is our of factory specifications

I have suggested severely to change ECM ( brain box) considering doing that since I'm out of ideas.
Thirdly the car is manual drive

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2021
Edunwa302:

Here's sensors parameters dont know if any is our of factory specifications

I have suggested severely to change ECM ( brain box) considering doing that since I'm out of ideas.
Thirdly the car is manual drive

If you are in Lagos, bring it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by amordi: 9:37am On Jun 20, 2021
Eamondash:

These attachments are from torque scan.
how much is this your device and where can one get this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Edunwa302(m): 10:12am On Jun 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Just what I have been thinking but unfortunately I'm in the east
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Edunwa302(m): 10:17am On Jun 20, 2021
amordi:

I'm sure its obdII wifi scanner with torque app if have some for sale
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2021
amordi:

Got mine from Jumia

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
Oga Gazzuz,
Plz, his there any difference between Toyota camry pencil and drop lite.

Hope the car is rugged and fuel efficient for a first timer.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Happy Sunday/fathers day guys, pls oh, today is Sunday and I can't check my car as no workshop opens today, as for the AC bringing out vapour/fog like stuff, I have fixed it , the iceman said the compressor lap down so its working on its own weda I ON AC or not, thanks to GAZZUZZ for the assistance...

Now I went to wash my car at the car wash yesterday evening, as I was about to drive out, I observed the fire was very low, like its below 1 on the dashboard ( I hope u guys understand me) and it causes the car to sort of vibrate on idle, the car starts at first kick, ....

Note please, I did not wash the engine, the hood was close all the time of washing the car....

Sirs, what do u think may causes this issue....I appreciate every contributions ....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
fizcoo20:
Oga Gazzuz,
Plz, his there any difference between Toyota camry pencil and drop lite.

Hope the car is rugged and fuel efficient for a first timer.

Thanks in anticipation.

Same car.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
Etizz:
Happy Sunday/fathers day guys, pls oh, today is Sunday and I can't check my car as no workshop opens today, as for the AC bringing out vapour/fog like stuff, I have fixed it , the iceman said the compressor lap down so its working on its own weda I ON AC or not, thanks to GAZZUZZ for the assistance...

Now I went to wash my car at the car wash yesterday evening, as I was about to drive out, I observed the fire was very low, like its below 1 on the dashboard ( I hope u guys understand me) and it causes the car to sort of vibrate on idle, the car starts at first kick, ....

Note please, I did not wash the engine, the hood was close all the time of washing the car....

Sirs, what do u think may causes this issue....I appreciate every contributions ....

you removed the battery terminal? If yes, give it a few hours of driving it will be fine

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

you removed the battery terminal? If yes, give it a few hours of driving it will be fine

No sir, I did not remove the battery terminal
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Debosneh31(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Besto:

Na Vtec solenoid/oil pressure you dey call raising switch

Na yeye kazeem call am so oo grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Same car.

Thanks Boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Enano2baba(m): 6:56am On Jun 21, 2021
Good morning house.

I got a great deal on an almost tokunbo 2009 Camry. The issue with it is that it revs up to 5,000 rpm before switching to second and third gears.

I’d like to know if it would be wise to go ahead and buy it and just change the transmission box. And how much would another transmission cost.

Thanks
Cc Gazzuzz, Nurey, kingreign

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:08am On Jun 21, 2021
Enano2baba:
Good morning house.

I got a great deal on an almost tokunbo 2009 Camry. The issue with it is that it revs up to 5,000 rpm before switching to second and third gears.

I’d like to know if it would be wise to go ahead and buy it and just change the transmission box. And how much would another transmission cost.

Thanks
Run a scan first

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2021
Enano2baba:
Good morning house.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Enano2baba(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2021
kingreign:

Run a scan first

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Enano2baba(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Edunwa302(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Unfortunately I'm in south east but please can you help check if the 54% caculated engine load on this picture is ok and also I discover from the picture too that 02 senser upstream bank1 sensor 1 voltage is not detected atall by the scan tool , could it be that my issue is upstream 02 sensor?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dat2jo: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good evening Mr Gazzuzz. I just returned back home and repossessed my car that I left with my younger bro and I noticed that when the car is idle and you engage the transmission in drive or reverse, there is this intermittent long vibrating kind of humming sound that comes out of the car. Sound continues when car is being driven and it's in first year but goes away once it changes to the second gear. Car changes fine without issues. I also noticed that the transmission fluid is a bit overfilled when I check the dipstick and it's kind of dark in colour. Secondly vehicle info on the dash is telling me I am getting 13.7mpg and it's not throwing any lights aside ABS and VSC. Vehicle is 2012 Ford focus with apx 54k miles. Thanks .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by richforever123: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good evening House, I change my Spark Plugs every 2 months, I want to know if this is normal, the spark plus I buy are N1,000

I read someplace where people say they change spark plugs every 100,000km

Best Regards
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
richforever123:
Good evening House, I change my Spark Plugs every 2 months, I want to know if this is normal, the spark plus I buy are N1,000

I read someplace where people say they change spark plugs every 100,000km

Best Regards

Are you changing it for fun or because a fault pop up that make you change them? I can't even remember the last time I change mine. It over a year now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by richforever123: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
adubam:

Are you changing it for fun or because a fault pop up that make you change them? I can't even remember the last time I change mine. It over a year now.

I Don't change for fun, I just notice rough idle and hard start, when I then change the spark plugs, everything comes back to normal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (507) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.