Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,606 members, 7,781,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (900321 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Jul 20, 2021
Almajirihunter:

Morning bro, is there any permanent solution on a squealing roller, I have a C350 2013 and it does squeal sometimes, noticed when I splash a little hydraulic on it, it stops immediately but I need something that’ll last longer, I’ve changed all rollers

Is your ac compressor factory? If it's not, that's where the problem is
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Almajirihunter(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Is your ac compressor factory? If it's not, that's where the problem is

It’s not factory, but any thing I’d do to keep it good for now, the present compressor is doing a great job
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:45am On Jul 20, 2021
Almajirihunter:

It’s not factory, but any thing I’d do to keep it good for now

compressor is sitting at an odd angle. Noise will not stop until it sits well.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haslaw(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Please can you give me the reason for the choice of 205 as there was an argument about what spec to buy when I was at the tyre stand .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
I’m interested in buying a Mercedes Benz C220 diesel. The car is Tokunbo but I’m a bit concerned about availability of parts. I like the car for performance and fuel economy. How reliable is the car? Thanks in advance.
@gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Almajirihunter(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

compressor is sitting at an odd angle. Noise will not stop until it sits well.

Ok thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2021
DukeNija:
I’m interested in buying a Mercedes Benz C220 diesel. The car is Tokunbo but I’m a bit concerned about availability of parts. I like the car for performance and fuel economy. How reliable is the car? Thanks in advance.
@gazzuzz

What year?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
My People with the current rate of Mobil oil, please what oil can I use to service my car. I drive a camry 2005 v6. Its stated on the engine to use 5w30. I was using a semi synthetic which just about 12-16k.
Please I need recommendations as 5w30 of Mobil 1 is 33k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
chrisja:
My People with the current rate of Mobil oil, please what oil can I use to service my car. I drive a camry 2005 v6. Its stated on the engine to use 5w30. I was using a semi synthetic which just about 12-16k.
Please I need recommendations as 5w30 of Mobil 1 is 33k

check this link.

Oil is cheaper there

https://www.nairaland.com/6656392/mobil1-engine-oils-usa-retail

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

What year?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AmeLonRo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
Thanks for all the advise and suggestions given here. It makes a lot of sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QFNQGKbe4
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dahflemzy(m): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

there's a lot of fakes out there, buy original
Please recommend seller
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2021
Guys, please this need no technical know-how , wrapping a car sit from fabric to leather or car sit cover which is more better and why please?

Thanks for your response.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ibk5891(m): 11:20am On Jul 22, 2021
Guys! Abeg how much is double cell radiator for camry 2010.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2021
Hello,

Please i observed the my Battery Light takes time before it goes off in the Morning. Happens sometimes not all the times.

What could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Good Afternoon oga Gazzuzz and my people here. My car (rx 350 2007 model) was broken into and the ECU stolen. I got a new one from lagos and it was sent to me in the eastern part of the country. After installing the new ECU everything worked in the car except the AC which i informed the seller. He directed me to give the car to someone at Umuahia who worked on the AC and which has been working since then but not as it used to.

MY ISSUES.
Since then the AC does not cool whenever i start the car and set the fan speed on number 1. It has to be on 2 and above before it starts cooling.
-The car stalls whenever i put on the AC.
-The steering becomes stiff whenever i put on the AC.
-I noticed the thermostat was also disconnected by guy in Umuahia.

Kindly assist with a solution as the car still drives well without the AC on and i have even changed the steering pump twice yet issues persist.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ofemmanutosure:
Good Afternoon oga Gazzuzz and my people here. My car (rx 350 2007 model) was broken into and the ECU stolen. I got a new one from lagos and it was sent to me in the eastern part of the country. After installing the new ECU everything worked in the car except the AC which i informed the seller. He directed me to give the car to someone at Umuahia who worked on the AC and which has been working since then but not as it used to.

MY ISSUES.
Since then the AC does not cool whenever i start the car and set the fan speed on number 1. It has to be on 2 and above before it starts cooling.
-The car stalls whenever i put on the AC.
-The steering becomes stiff whenever i put on the AC.
-I noticed the thermostat was also disconnected by guy in Umuahia.

Kindly assist with a solution as the car still drives well without the AC on and i have even changed the steering pump twice yet issues persist.

Thank you.

Take a pic of the brainbox part number sent to you,, and your vehicle vin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Gbam!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

My oga. I appreciate your quick response. Please see pictures as requested.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:35am On Jul 23, 2021
Ofemmanutosure:

My oga. I appreciate your quick response. Please see pictures as requested.

The Engine ECU is for a 2GR-FE engine but not for a Lexus.

Toyota 89661-08240Ecm Ecu Engine Control Module
2007-2009 Toyota Sienna 8966108240

89661-48581 is a better match

Replace the Engine ECU, and take the car back to the electrician to undo what he did

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigade: 7:00am On Jul 23, 2021
Oga Gazuss, please I need your advice on my camry 2001 shock absorber, which have been given me issues, around April last year I bought KyB shock absorber but right now it's has spoiled.

Now, one of my friend is telling be that shock absorber of Toyota Range can work for Camry and it will last, please I want you to help me confirm this.

Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigade: 7:01am On Jul 23, 2021
@Oga GAZZUZZ

Bigade:
Oga Gazuss, please I need your advice on my camry 2001 shock absorber, which have been given me issues, around April last year I bought KyB shock absorber but right now it's has spoiled.

Now, one of my friend is telling be that shock absorber of Toyota Range can work for Camry and it will last, please I want you to help me confirm this.

Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2021
Bigade:

Thanks in advance

pls buy Camry shocks that are original
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:22am On Jul 23, 2021
Bigade:

Thanks in advance

LeJeun3 are you guys encroaching? undecided

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ofemmanutosure: 9:27am On Jul 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

The Engine ECU is for a 2GR-FE engine but not for a Lexus.

Toyota 89661-08240Ecm Ecu Engine Control Module
2007-2009 Toyota Sienna 8966108240

89661-48581 is a better match

Replace the Engine ECU, and take the car back to the electrician to undo what he did

Thank you sir. God bless you real good.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

LeJeun3 are you guys encroaching? undecided

He Hehehe na RAV4 e mean. Autocorrect did the unneedful.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2021
Goodafternoon all,
Is it adviceable to use Oando oil for car servcing. Corolla 2005 model? If not what is thr best snf affordable oil to use.

My cat is due for servicing has it had covered abouy 5000 miles already
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alphil: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
I need candid advice: is Mazda 6 2005 a good, reliable and cheap-to-maintain car? And commonplace are its spare parts?
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
Sonata Hyundai. 2008
One particular break pad is always smiling and bringing out fumes esp after long distances.
What do I do? Guazzes
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HottieCoach(f): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2021
Alphil:
I need candid advice: is Mazda 6 2005 a good, reliable and cheap-to-maintain car? And commonplace are its spare parts?
Thanks.

No its not, it is a fragile vehicle.

but Parts are available
you can contact us.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HottieCoach(f): 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
MrAmaechi:
Sonata Hyundai. 2008
One particular break pad is always smiling and bringing out fumes esp after long distances.
What do I do? Guazzes
Thanks

You should inspect brake caliper for stiffness,
if this is fine,
check abs unit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (505) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.