Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (910634 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kewtt: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2021
Grupo:

This is not a fair comparison.

Cost of maintenance is same for. the two cars.

Just buy the 2012 if you have the money.
Not true. The body kit of the newer models deteriorates immensely unlike the kongi body of the earlier models

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Kewtt:

Not true. The body kit of the newer models deteriorates immensely unlike the kongi body of the earlier models

What are these body kits you talk about? Maybe dashboard.

But apart from that, I see no other body kit that deteriorates fast in 2012 more than the 2007.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by springLogistics: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

why did you scan

The radiator water level goes down often! It had not been like that before.

Tnx
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
springLogistics:

The radiator water level goes down often! It had not been like that before .

Tnx

Problem cannot be solved remotely .

You currently have an engine running below operating temperature possibly due to a bypassed fan connection or missing thermostat.

Your technician should detect where the coolant is going to. Its one of 2 things. Its either leaking, or entering into the engine (oil or combustion chamber)

Good luck
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by springLogistics: 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thank you greatly
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autonaero(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Problem cannot be solved remotely .

You currently have an engine running below operating temperature possibly due to a bypassed fan connection or missing thermostat.

Your technician should detect where the coolant is going to. Its one of 2 things. Its either leaking, or entering into the engine (oil or combustion chamber)

Good luck

well said!

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EarlyCareer: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
Guys, 2011 sienna is showing "check vsc sysyem" and check engine light is on too. Advise from you all would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
EarlyCareer:
Guys, 2011 sienna is showing "check vsc sysyem" and check engine light is on too. Advise from you all would be appreciated. Thanks

Scan the car, post codes we will take it from there to be able to give advice.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fotadmowmend(m): 8:44am On Oct 22, 2021
Please help! My toyota corrola (E120) isnt moving well as I accelerate. I met my mechanic and he changed the spark plugs, worked on what he called nozzle, checked the fuel pump but the problem still persists... Although he told me that it will stop but I am no comfortable with that...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigsunny01(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2021
kingreign:

My Honda civic 08 come up with dis code when I scan

P1298

Says ELD voltage high

Please house how do I get dis fix

Mr Gazzuzz
Kingreign, and oda gurus in de house please help out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Runx: 11:04am On Oct 22, 2021
Bigsunny01:

My Honda civic 08 come up with dis code when I scan

P1298

Says ELD voltage high

Please house how do I get dis fix

Mr Gazzuzz
Kingreign, and oda gurus in de house please help out

I came across this, hope this info helps.

What Does Code P1298 Mean?

If your Honda vehicle has stored a code P1298, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a problem with part of the charging system known as the electronic load detector (ELD) or ELD circuit. This code specifically pertains to a condition in which a voltage signal that is higher than anticipated has been perceived. In my experience, only Honda vehicles utilize this type of ELD device or code P1298.

Can continue reading from here..

https://www.troublecodes.net/p1codes/p1298/
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EarlyCareer: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
kingreign:

Thanks so much. Will do so and share once done.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigsunny01(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
Runx:

I came across this, hope this info helps.

What Does Code P1298 Mean?

If your Honda vehicle has stored a code P1298, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a problem with part of the charging system known as the electronic load detector (ELD) or ELD circuit. This code specifically pertains to a condition in which a voltage signal that is higher than anticipated has been perceived. In my experience, only Honda vehicles utilize this type of ELD device or code P1298.

Can continue reading from here..

https://www.troublecodes.net/p1codes/p1298/

Thanks for dis, I notice de working of de throttle meter is on high while working, de sensor is pointing on between 1 to 2 when I haven't raise de throttle at all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2021
Ọga gazuz good morning. My honda accord 2007 smoke a little more than normal when I turn on the engine in the morning though it stop after minutes of driving. Previously it usually produces small amount of light white dewy smoke in the morning which stops after engine have idled for minutes... The smoke now is more and whiter.

Should I be worried.?
NB: I used the car for bolt
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2021
slowice:
Ọga gazuz good morning. My honda accord 2007 smoke a little more than normal when I turn on the engine in the morning though it stop after minutes of driving. Previously it usually produces small amount of light white dewy smoke in the morning which stops after engine have idled for minutes... The smoke now is more and whiter.

Should I be worried.?
NB: I used the car for bolt

Wear and tear, continue to use. Topping up oil every now and then never hurt any one

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Wear and tear, continue to use. Topping up oil every now and then never hurt any one

Thank you sir smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good Evening Experts

Today on my way home I observed I get a vibration on my Steering wheel, seat and legs when A/C Fan kicks up, initially I thought it's something to do with A/C, but to trace the issue I drive few Kms without A/C and found that same happens when radiator fan start running.

A Toyota Corolla 07 , I just changed the Radiator to a Double cell two days ago..

Kindly advise. THANKS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
Tunesh:
Good Evening Experts

Today on my way home I observed I get a vibration on my Steering wheel, seat and legs when A/C Fan kicks up, initially I thought it's something to do with A/C, but to trace the issue I drive few Kms without A/C and found that same happens when radiator fan start running.

A Toyota Corolla 07 , I just changed the Radiator to a Double cell two days ago..

Kindly advise. THANKS

broken fan blade, causing an imbalance resulting in vibrations

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:54am On Oct 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

If I were a VC of a university, nothing would stop me from giving you an honorary doctorate in automobile engineering. I respect you sir!

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Good Morning Boss, Thanks for the feedback I checked the fan Blades this morning and no sign of broke blades.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2021
Tunesh:
Good Evening Experts

Kindly advise. THANKS

Tunesh:

Good Morning Boss, Thanks for the feedback I checked the fan Blades this morning and no sign of broke blades.

Ok let's try another perspective.

Allow the fan come on without the ac coming on.

Do you sti have vibrations?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Ok let's try another perspective.

Allow the fan come on without the ac coming on.

Do you sti have vibrations?

Yes sir, It does vibrates even without A/C
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2021
Tunesh:

Yes sir, It does vibrates even without A/C

Then try replace fan as a complete unit . If it still vibrates u can return it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Then try replace fan as a complete unit . If it still vibrates u can return it.

Thanks so much I will do that...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ThePundit14(m): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
samuelson06:

If I were a VC of a university, nothing would stop me from giving you an honorary doctorate in automobile engineering. I respect you sir!

I'm telling you Gazzuzz is a Prof. Kudos to other gurus too in the house. They're the real MVP
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yansham: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Any sure plug for the original Mobil 1 lubricant? Please kindly recommend.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 3:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Yansham:
Any sure plug for the original Mobil 1 lubricant? Please kindly recommend.
Contact gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Deigofortune: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2021
Good Morning House..!!
O scan my Honda civic 06 this morning an it gave me this code

P1659
P2185

Pls who can interprete or explain this for me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by polirutgfrk(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2021
can someone recommend the best websites where the cars are sold?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dessycute(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2021
Good morning Oga Gazzuz, Mr. Nurey, Kingreign and my fellow nairalanders…
Please is it advisable to change the engine oil I use in servicing my car to Mobil 1 0W20 after the dealer has serviced it with the normal Mobil Xhp 20W50 engine oil twice earlier this year
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2021
dessycute:
Good morning Oga Gazzuz, Mr. Nurey, Kingreign and my fellow nairalanders…
Please is it advisable to change the engine oil I use in servicing my car to Mobil 1 0W20 after the dealer has serviced it with the normal Mobil Xhp 20W50 engine oil twice earlier this year

I'd never use 0W20 on my personal car. I'd rather go for 5W20. Reasons best known to me which I'd still keep to myself for now at least.
I'd suggest you start with that spec I gave but religiously watch it if you experience oil burn, pls revert to 20W50 or 10W40.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (507) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Femiii and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.