Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:11 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (899710 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
mattbass:
Please house can one explain the meaning of this signs on my dashboard. I'm new to car issues. Thanks.

Why not try to scan the car and get the error codes? As an ordinary driver wey I be, I see your RPM going above 1k even as the car is idle and I think that's abnormal. I may be wrong though.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
My engine oil is leaking from the top engine cover.

I need someone staying in Lagos to help me buy a fitting oil seal rubber. If you can help, please, let me know. God bless you in advance.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
samuelson06:

Why not try to scan the car and get the error codes? As an ordinary driver wey I be, I see your RPM going above 1k even as the car is idle and I think that's abnormal. I may be wrong though.
I'm still a novice sha
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
Kingreign, gazzuzz, 9icetoo, grupo, nurey et al pls help.

My Camry 2002 1MZ V6 is having issues. It’s been misfiring for a while and the CEL blinks. I have scanned and the scan showed that I have a misfire in cylinders 1,3 and 5. All coils have been changed but the car isn’t idling and driving well. The rpm is erratic. It’s hard to start once the car is warm however it starts on first kick in the morning and when the car is cold. When I brake while in motion, the car jerks and driving hasn’t been pleasant at all. The fuel efficiency has understandably been very poor.

I’d appreciate your feedback as I have spent money on it. A mechanic said it’s the fuel pump. If truly it is, how much is an OEM pump Cos I hear the Chinese pumps don’t last.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
nymphomaniac:

My Camry 2003 V6 is having issues. It’s been misfiring for a while and the CEL blinks. I have scanned and the scan showed that I have a misfire in cylinders 1,3 and 5. All coils have been changed but the car isn’t idling and driving well. The rpm is erratic. It’s hard to start once the car is warm however it starts on first kick in the morning and when the car is cold. When I brake while in motion, the car jerks and driving hasn’t been pleasant at all. The fuel efficiency has understandably been very poor.

I’d appreciate your feedback as I have spent money on it. A mechanic said it’s the fuel pump. If truly it is, how much is an OEM love-vendor Cos I hear the Chinese pumps don’t last.

Replace this vvti solenoid on bank 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Replace this vvti solenoid on bank 1.

thank you very much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
nymphomaniac:

My Camry 2002 1MZ V6 is having issues. It’s been misfiring for a while and the CEL blinks. I have scanned and the scan showed that I have a misfire in cylinders 1,3 and 5. All coils have been changed but the car isn’t idling and driving well. The rpm is erratic. It’s hard to start once the car is warm however it starts on first kick in the morning and when the car is cold. When I brake while in motion, the car jerks and driving hasn’t been pleasant at all. The fuel efficiency has understandably been very poor.

I’d appreciate your feedback as I have spent money on it. A mechanic said it’s the fuel pump. If truly it is, how much is an OEM pump Cos I hear the Chinese pumps don’t last.
Gazzuzz it’s a 2002 1MZ. Any difference in your diagnosis?

Cc nurey, kingreign, grupo, 9icetoo et al
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
nymphomaniac:
Gazzuzz it’s a 2002 1MZ. Any difference in your diagnosis?

Cc nurey, kingreign, grupo, 9icetoo et al

Nope

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lexus RX 350 2011 jerks when I step on the throttle pedal. It only jerks while accelerating anytime I step on the throttle pedal.
No check engine light ON

What could be the issue?

please I need help OGA GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
josephsm823:
Lexus RX 350 2011 jerks when I step on the throttle pedal. It only jerks while accelerating anytime I step on the throttle pedal.
No check engine light ON

What could be the issue?

did you buy bad fuel? Scan car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 12:05am On Jan 18, 2023
nymphomaniac:
did you buy bad fuel? Scan car.
I don't think so.. between, no check engine light.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
Trippledots:
Hi experts. Please does anyone have idea about Rav4 2004-05 for uber/bolt business? It's not goig to be on the road all day everyday. Just as a side hustle.

Thanks for your replies

It's a big car. If it's not airport shuttle, forget about it. The business requires alot of car maintenance, fueling and commission. And your car must be 100% sound or you forget about it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RoadMozart(m): 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2023
Trippledots:
Hi experts. Please does anyone have idea about Rav4 2004-05 for uber/bolt business? It's not goig to be on the road all day everyday. Just as a side hustle.

Thanks for your replies

My own point of view, its not bad. You can use it inasmuch as it meets the e-hailing standards. Its the maintainace that will tell. The cost of changing and things like that.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2023
8:28pm
Good evening house, I need advice, my tyre model is Austone Athena SP, produced in 18/19 i.e. meaning it was produced around May of 2019 making it 4 year old this year 2023

Now my question is should I change the tyre ASAP now or I can use still use it till end of the year..

Note the tyres are not really pressed just within the City driving to work and back. Thanks

I need advice GAZZUZZ and other Gurus
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Therockauto(m): 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
samuelson06:
My engine oil is leaking from the top engine cover.

I need someone staying in Lagos to help me buy a fitting oil seal rubber. If you can help, please, let me know. God bless you in advance.
I can help you 08167071246
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Therockauto(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nafizzey:
Good evening house, I need advice, my tyre model is Austone Athena SP, produced in 18/19 i.e. meaning it was produced around May of 2019 making it 4 year old this year 2023

Now my question is should I change the tyre ASAP now or I can use still use it till end of the year..

Note the tyres are not really pressed just within the City driving to work and back. Thanks

It depends on how the tire rotation looks like, there is sure plug for austone make snap the tire number to me on WhatsApp 08167071246
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Therockauto(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
josephsm823:
No check engine light ON

What could be the issue?

At times check engine may not on, call for a diagnosis at 08167071246
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Therockauto(m): 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
CruzJoe:
pls experts, what's the cause of this in a tier?
what will the mechanic work on, to correct it from chopping another new tier when changed.

Note: the other side of the car tier is still very okey, no single chopping. Only this driver side is chopped.

Your car alignment needs to be reset and check your lower arm bushing, tie rod 08167071246
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tundebabzy: 7:17am On Jan 20, 2023
Good morning.

Hyundai sonata 2011.

All four tires were bad so I decided to change them. I never noticed all the while that the front driver side tire was smaller than the remaining tires. After changing all the tires, the car bounces furiously at around 80km/h.

Does anyone know what fault the smaller tire was hiding? I've already done a not very cheap change of my shock absorbers.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2023
Nafizzey:

GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2023
Nafizzey:

Your tyre is made in china, quality standards very low. If you don't have any cracks you can continue using it

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Your tyre is made in china, quality standards very low. If you don't have any cracks you can continue using it
thank you Sir, can I use it to travel long distance..?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PatriciaAdeyemi: 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2023
Pls @Gazzuzz and other experts. I need your assistance on P0793 code for camry 2012. I scanned the car as a result of poor fuel economy and erratic gear selection. Car jerks and shifts hard. Engine misfires with high rpm. Scan came out for P0031 O2 sensor which was easy to install but really having a difficult time locating the intermediate shaft speed sensor A for the code P0793.
Roadside mechanics can't find it on the geabox and the so called certified auto service centers here haven't been helpful. They are are insisting it is within the transmission or on the wheels which I know are the wheel speed sensors or ABS sensors.
Really tired as this issue started after one stupid transmission mechanic changed the ATF.
Kindly help.
GAZZUZZ:

in 5 cases I saw, a rodent chewed on the wires grin. Remove the airfilter search the gearbox for the sensor, join the broken wire back, tape it up.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Nafizzey:
thank you Sir, can I use it to travel long distance..?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
PatriciaAdeyemi:
Pls @Gazzuzz and other experts. I need your assistance on P0793 code for camry 2012. I scanned the car as a result of poor fuel economy and erratic gear selection. Car jerks and shifts hard. Engine misfires with high rpm. Scan came out for P0031 O2 sensor which was easy to install but really having a difficult time locating the intermediate shaft speed sensor A for the code P0793.
Roadside mechanics can't find it on the geabox and the so called certified auto service centers here haven't been helpful. They are are insisting it is within the transmission or on the wheels which I know are the wheel speed sensors or ABS sensors.
Really tired as this issue started after one stupid transmission mechanic changed the ATF.
Kindly help.

In the U660 it is embedded inside the transmission, but I would remove the transmission module and inspect the pins for corrosion
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2023
tundebabzy:
Good morning.

Hyundai sonata 2011.

All four tires were bad so I decided to change them. I never noticed all the while that the front driver side tire was smaller than the remaining tires. After changing all the tires, the car bounces furiously at around 80km/h.

Does anyone know what fault the smaller tire was hiding? I've already done a not very cheap change of my shock absorbers.
Take your car for wheel balancing and also check your suspension components.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

thank you, there's no cracks..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
So Austone is china
Noted
Please advise on quality one
Nafizzey:
thank you, there's no cracks..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PatriciaAdeyemi: 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

In the U660 it is embedded inside the transmission, but I would remove the transmission module and inspect the pins for corrosion
What is U660, pls? and where is the transmission module located? Any videos on resolving P0793 issues in camry 2012? That is what I am trying to resolve. Really confused about your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by barikay: 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
Car delay before it enter gear ( automatic) what cause it to lag specially when it is cold
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by khadii1: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hi to Oga’s and everyone
I need help to fix error c1201 Lexus es350.
And car jacks when it’s about to slow for a bump.
Location is Abule Egba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (504) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.