Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,211 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (908703 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2023
nurey:

1. Read the review of the product if it will work.

2. If you feel you can do it no problem, DIY is a learning point for all, if you damage it, you can pay an expert to redo it.

Nurey, me and you go fight o!
You kuku know say I sabi apply pressure even when you Dey press my neck.
You no go leave person wey no want cheap Chinese headlamp restorer make e go buy Maguires or AMMO NYC restoration kits?

Just Dey play!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2023
kingreign:

Nurey, me and you go fight o!
You kuku know say I sabi apply pressure even when you Dey press my neck.
You no go leave person wey no want cheap Chinese headlamp restorer make e go buy Maguires or AMMO NYC restoration kits?

Just Dey play!

Wahala Wahala Wahala grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 11:48am On Mar 26, 2023
nurey:

1. Read the review of the product if it will work.

2. If you feel you can do it no problem, DIY is a learning point for all, if you damage it, you can pay an expert to redo it.

I intend to DIY it and if I damage it, I'm not sure anyone will come and beat me

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
kingreign:

Lol
You now feel humbled and intimidated already that’s why you’re running to your hole with your tail in between your legs.

Baba no vex jare
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
HilcomTech:

1) I made two separate requests to the forum only for you (in a sly manner) reply both requests telling me to contact you through your phone number. Why can't you post the information here like everyone is doing. Besides, other folks in the same situation can also benefit from such information because I have benefited a lot from other people's experience on this thread. I have also helped folks on this forum in my own little way without thinking of cornering and fleecing them of their hard earned money. You can keep hoarding your knowledge and shove it up your **se. Other non cunning members of this forum will help. Just watch and see.

2) Only an unintelligent person would not have noticed that my ID/monicker is suggesting I am someone in the field of technology and I am not responsible for your inability to earn PhDs

You were too hasty in drawing conclusions. You could have contacted him first to hear what he has to say before concluding he is out to fleece you. Kingreign has helped a lot of people here. He is in abuja and I am in lagos. But once in a while, I chat him up on whtsapp on car issues and he gives me advice on what to do or ensure my mech does. I can even bet he does not know who it is that is typing this cause we are many he comes through for. So chill bro.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
HilcomTech:
Good evening GAZZUZZ and other car gurus,

1) I will be changing my Corolla 2010 wheels from steel to alloy and I am considering changing the TPMS and I searched for the ones for the car using the Part Number but I couldn't get them. I am considering buying from aliexpress.
TPMS Part numbers
FCC: PAXPMV107J
IC: 3729APMBV107J

2) I also want to clean, restore and protect the car headlights as I noticed they are beginning to lose brightness. Can I buy any of those Chinese made headlights restore kits in the market? I am scared of damaging the headlights because they are follow come grin

CC:
nurey
FitBoyAwe

Buy used TPMS with good battery levels, will last several years
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Buy used TPMS with good battery levels, will last several years

OK... Thanks so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
vivalavida:

You were too hasty in drawing conclusions. You could have contacted him first to hear what he has to say before concluding he is out to fleece you. Kingreign has helped a lot of people here. He is in abuja and I am in lagos. But once in a while, I chat him up on whtsapp on car issues and he gives me advice on what to do or ensure my mech does. I can even bet he does not know who it is that is typing this cause we are many he comes through for. So chill bro.

Thanks so much for the advice..

But I didn't think it was right for him to have asked me to call him from the get-go. I made two separate requests to the forum only for him to reply both requests telling me to contact him through his phone number. He could have ignored my posts if he didn't want to help as there was no compulsion in him helping out. I expected anyone to post whatever information they have on the forum and if I needed to call them, I would call. Besides, I have had the need to call GAZZUZZ and other car gurus a number of times and I cannot thank them enough for bailing me out severally.

Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
Hello house.

Thanks to the OP and everyone that has contributed to the thread.

Honda Accord 2007 set a P0171 error code.

I have done a little research and found that:

1. MAF sensor could be faulty

2. Oxygen sensor

3. Exhaust leaks

4. Vacuum leaks

5. Fuel pump

6. Fuel filter

7. Injectors

8. Bad PCM.

I have tried to check the engine and there was no loose hose r something.

How can I narrow down the fault without throwing parts using scarce resources?

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Auskyd(m): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
HilcomTech:

Thanks so much for the advice..

But I didn't think it was right for him to have asked me to call him from the get-go. I made two separate requests to the forum only for him to reply both requests telling me to contact him through his phone number. He could have ignored my posts if he didn't want to help as there was no compulsion in him helping out. I expected anyone to post whatever information they have on the forum and if I needed to call them, I would call. Besides, I have had the need to call GAZZUZZ and other car gurus a number of times and I cannot thank them enough for bailing me out severally.

Thanks once again

The way you just run dey flash certificates all over the place just off me sha.

Could have avoided all this from the onset. Nothing dey this life.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by apokan200(m): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
abrahambest:

For the vibration, it could be one of many reasons.

The broken mount can lead to increased vibration and noises especially when the compressor of AC puts pressure on the engine. Could also be your plugs.

Best to have an auto engineer check it out for you.

For ur Key fob,, Could be the batteries....

Thank you for the response. please maintenance required light blink on my dashboard immediately after I put it on my engine, and it will blink like 3 to 4 times and then off. please what could this means.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 4:48am On Mar 27, 2023
Auskyd:

The way you just run dey flash certificates all over the place just off me sha.

Could have avoided all this from the onset. Nothing dey this life.

Sorry about the certificate thingy, I was a little miffed at the thought that some people on this forum think so highly of themselves and that one would be utterly helpless without them. I could still have gotten the information I need offline, besides Google and YouTube still dey na

Nothing dey this life as you say and I apologise once again.

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nadingo: 7:18am On Mar 27, 2023
Estimable:
My toyota Camry year 2000 recently started doing hard starting every morning.. Once it starts it goes normal for the day till the next morning.
Pls what could be the cause and remedy..
@GAZZUZZ
Dunno if it will turn out to be the same fix. I complained here about this same issue on my w202 C180 and it turned out to be a clogged fuel filter (the one underneath the car). Mecho brought it out and saw that it was clogged and told me that that could affect fuel pressure most especially in the morning. Well, since it was indeed clogged, I changed it and it's been 4-5days now my car starts with the first kick in the morning.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2023
HilcomTech:

Sorry about the certificate thingy, I was a little miffed at the thought that some people on this forum think so highly of themselves and that one would be utterly helpless without them. I could still have gotten the information I need offline, besides Google and YouTube still dey na

Nothing dey this life as you say and I apologise once again.

@Bolded, Mr., stop trying to shift the goal post by lying and casting blames to garner cheap sympathy. You only reveal yourself as a slithering, lying, deceptive and cunning fellow.

You are the one who thought very highly of himself and was looking down on me thinking that I want to defraud you and without your money I’d be begging or helpless but I proved you wrong.

Like I earlier said, life is transient, and it doesn’t revolve around you.
I don’t know if you find my post to be rather disturbing or a witch-hunt, but on the whole, I’m a very plain open minded person and I don’t have any ill feelings about you.
Enjoy your new week.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2023
Originakalokalo:

Hello house.

Thanks to the OP and everyone that has contributed to the thread.

Honda Accord 2007 set a P0171 error code.

I have done a little research and found that:

1. MAF sensor could be faulty

2. Oxygen sensor

3. Exhaust leaks

4. Vacuum leaks

5. Fuel pump

6. Fuel filter

7. Injectors

8. Bad PCM.

I have tried to check the engine and there was no loose hose r something.

How can I narrow down the fault without throwing parts using scarce resources?

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.
since you've narrowed your research to those components, why don't you start testing them one after the other?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 8:00am On Mar 27, 2023
Hello Dears Engr. Gazzuzz & other car enthusiasts here present.

My Toyota Matrix 2006 engine vibrates excessively even at 730rpm wen on D & R but smoothens out on N. Again, my confusion is, it runs very steadily on 900 to 1000rpm even on D & R.

Scanned & got these codes only:
1. P0128
2. P0441

Previous repairs: Engine mounts rear & front replaced, replaced air filter & cleaned throttle body & car has been driven more than 300miles since then. All coil are brand new, all iridium spark plugs look ok upon inspection, Change cold start switch.

Secondly, wen travelling on highway, the floorboard of the car vibrates excessively only wen i step on d gas pedal wen at 100km/hr & above. Below 100km, it runs & accelerate very fine even under heavy throttle.

Wen descending from hill with very light press on d gas pedal, it can speed up to 120km without vibration, but as soon as i throttle heavily, it starts shaking excessively.

So i try to maintain 100km/hr throughout my journey.

I need help pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2023
Dez10:

My Toyota Matrix 2006 engine vibrates excessively even at 730rpm wen on D & R but smoothens out on N. Again, my confusion is, it runs very steadily on 900 to 1000rpm even on D & R.

1. P0128
2. P0441

Previous repairs: Engine mounts rear & front replaced, replaced air filter & cleaned throttle body & car has been driven more than 300miles since then. All coil are brand new, all iridium spark plugs look ok upon inspection, Change cold start switch.

Secondly, wen travelling on highway, the floorboard of the car vibrates excessively only wen i step on d gas pedal wen at 100km/hr & above. Below 100km, it runs & accelerate very fine even under heavy throttle.

Wen descending from hill with very light press on d gas pedal, it can speed up to 120km without vibration, but as soon as i throttle heavily, it starts shaking excessively.

I need help pls.
For your 1st code, your thermostat has been removed and fan running constantly.
Your 2nd code has to do with your EVAP system. Your technician might have missed one of the vacuum hose or fixed it wrongly while replacing your air filter. Also check if your vacuum hose is leaking or taped with black tape. Replace if bad.

Did you replace your engine mounts with used one, or you changed just the rubber bushings? I suspect your engine mounts to be culprit for the engine vibration.

For the vibration above 100km, take your car to an alignment shop and have the tires balanced.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lightout55: 8:49am On Mar 27, 2023
My car stops on motion I have been going to mech shop for a week straight. I use a honda civic 2007 while moving on high speed, the steering and brakes will become stiff, battery light will appear and others will appear in the dashboard. On two occasion I have stopped at the middle of the road had to come down and push it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 9:15am On Mar 27, 2023
Lightout55:
My car stops on motion I have been going to mech shop for a week straight. I use a honda civic 2007 while moving on high speed, the steering and brakes will become stiff, battery light will appear and others will appear in the dashboard. On two occasion I have stopped at the middle of the road had to come down and push it
what's the repair history.
Have you tried scanning the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Estimable(m): 10:13am On Mar 27, 2023
Nadingo:
Dunno if it will turn out to be the same fix. I complained here about this same issue on my w202 C180 and it turned out to be a clogged fuel filter (the one underneath the car). Mecho brought it out and saw that it was clogged and told me that that could affect fuel pressure most especially in the morning. Well, since it was indeed clogged, I changed it and it's been 4-5days now my car starts with the first kick in the morning.

Will check mine...thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
jceesquare:

For your 1st code, your thermostat has been removed and fan running constantly.
Your 2nd code has to do with your EVAP system. Your technician might have missed one of the vacuum hose or fixed it wrongly while replacing your air filter. Also check if your vacuum hose is leaking or taped with black tape. Replace if bad.

Did you replace your engine mounts with used one, or you changed just the rubber bushings? I suspect your engine mounts to be culprit for the engine vibration.

For the vibration above 100km, take your car to an alignment shop and have the tires balanced.

Thanks bro.

The engine mounts are compete new ones, they're neither old nor bushing pressed into them.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
kingreign:

@Bolded, Mr., stop trying to shift the goal post by lying and casting blames to garner cheap sympathy. You only reveal yourself as a slithering, lying, deceptive and cunning fellow.

You are the one who thought very highly of himself and was looking down on me thinking that I want to defraud you and without your money I’d be begging or helpless but I proved you wrong.

Like I earlier said, life is transient, and it doesn’t revolve around you.
I don’t know if you find my post to be rather disturbing or a witch-hunt, but on the whole, I’m a very plain open minded person and I don’t have any ill feelings about you.
Enjoy your new week.

Cheers!

Who dey talk 2dis one?
U smoke sheet? Abeg getat...

If not 4online forum, would CRETINS like dis 1 even find relevance?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dez10:

1. P0128
2. P0441

I need help pls.

Check vacuum pipes, then carry out dynamic balancing on the engine mount.

To carry out dynamic balancing, slacken the bolts holding ALL mounts, start the car, engage R, D, N and P. Then tighten ALL bolts. If this doesn’t solve the problem, then GOBE.

By the way, was this car ever involved in a collision?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
HilcomTech:

Who dey talk 2dis one?
U smoke sheet? Abeg getat...

If not 4online forum, would CRETINS like dis 1 even find relevance?
K
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 2pump: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Good afternoon…pls I wasn’t to change the coolant in Toyota 2013 is it a must I drain the little fluid remaining in the coolant reservoir before I could pour in a new one ? My radiator is working fine just the coolant reservoir below the L
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
jceesquare:

since you've narrowed your research to those components, why don't you start testing them one after the other?

I thought there was another way.

Thank you for your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dez10:

Thanks bro.

The engine mounts are compete new ones, they're neither old nor bushing pressed into them.
If you're sure the mounts are good, then you'll need a good technician to physically inspect the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
Originakalokalo:

I thought there was another way.

Thank you for your response.
It's safer testing each components than throwing parts at the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
jceesquare:

It's safer testing each components than throwing parts at the car.

Yes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 7:29am On Mar 28, 2023
Good morning all.
Please my honda civic 2007 adjuster makes some annoying sounds. Please, like how much does it cost to fix it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 9:26am On Mar 28, 2023
kingreign:

Check vacuum pipes, then carry out dynamic balancing on the engine mount.

To carry out dynamic balancing, slacken the bolts holding ALL mounts, start the car, engage R, D, N and P. Then tighten ALL bolts. If this doesn’t solve the problem, then GOBE.

By the way, was this car ever involved in a collision?

No collision whatsoever, it was running smoothly prior this issues.

It will try out d dynamic balancing, it makes sense to me. I once had this same vibration issue in d past, that was i replaced d rear & front mounts & d vibrations disappeared. Now it resurfaced again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Michael548(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2023
You can contact me for your professional car inspection incase you want to buy a car anywhere in the southwest. 08167469103.

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (507) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.