Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives (24402 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed / Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by dondumexx(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
More explosives were seized from 2 suspects believed to have coordinated the bombing of Emab Shopping Plaza in Wuse, Abuja on Wednesday 25th June 2014. Bystanders at the scene of the explosion alerted soldiers on patrol to the two suspects who were speeding off on a power bike.
The soldiers swung into action engaging the escaping suspects and fatally wounding one of them who fell with his bag as the motorbike rider still made efforts to escape through the crowd.

The bag recovered from the suspect was later confirmed to contain a package of IED and other accessories including stop clock, mobile phones and other materials used for setting off explosives. The suspect who was shot by the soldiers finally died in the hospital as he defiantly yelled “people will die! people will die!!”.

After the incident, 21 persons were confirmed dead while the wounded victims are receiving treatment in various hospitals. Two other suspects also arrested at the scene of the explosion are currently being interrogated.

In another development, a makeshift camp of terrorists in Miyanti and Bulungu have been sacked during a raid on terrorists’ hideouts, in the area. Over 50 terrorists died in the clash. A fuel dump used for storing fuel for their operations as well as vehicles including Toyota Hillux trucks, Peugeot cars, and 7 motorcycles were destroyed in the raid, while 15 rifles, 11 machine guns and hundreds of ammunitions were captured by the troops.

In a separate encounter around Duguri near Nigerian – Nigerien border, troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force stormed a terrorists’ hideout in a raid operation and recovered 18 rifles, 5 General Purpose Machine Guns, 25 hand grenades and IED making materials. A total of 53 terrorists died in the encounter while the troops lost 2 men and 5 others suffered varying degrees of injuries.

Meanwhile a suspected gun runner is presently undergoing interrogation in Plateau state. He was apprehended during a cordon and search operation by troops tasked to mop up illegal arms in the state.

15 suspects have also been taken into custody in Abuja after a raid that resulted in the recovery of 7 rifles, pistols, swords and other weapons. Military operations to track armed gangs will be sustained in various locations.

CHRIS OLUKOLADE
Major General
Director Defence Information
http://dondumex..com/2014/06/emab-plaza-bombing-dead-suspect-was.html

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/top-stories/27865-abuja-bombing-dead-terrorist-was-conveying-another-explosive

1 Like

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Ashyrule: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
was there no pictures, or even eye witness, mchewwww

1 Like

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Mutuwa(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2014
*continues eating peanuts*

1 Like

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Ashyrule: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2014
Mutuwa: *continues eating peanuts*
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
And they want me to believe that undecided

1 Like

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Ashyrule: 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
Idi Amin: And they want me to believe that undecided
did u bother reading it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by paulworld(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Am back again
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by napema(f): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Boko Haram Suicide Bombs again

1 Like

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by chymystique(f): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
na wa oo
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by henryobinna(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
nawa oh... this damned..country... only GOD knows what's next.
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by iceberylin(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
āƒţęŗ d good ŋęwş ђęŗę çomęş ā bād oŋę shocked
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by echobee(f): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
O ga juuuuuu grin
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Wolison(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nigeria is turning from bad to worst......only Biafra is the right solution

3 Likes

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by 190: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
I saw the video fear catch me
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Emilliw3m(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
too bad
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
Ok
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
Where were the CCTV cameras we ordered for? Yeye people, mtchewwww.....

2 Likes

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by yorex2011: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
D beast still get mouth dey shout say people go die angry

Na him generation go die... Hediot

2 Likes

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
Now, I believe there's a butterfly in my stomach
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Jerry602(m): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
How did we get 2 thing point 4 cryingout loud.
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by dondumexx(m): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
Chai!...Thank you MODS...you are blessed...your families are blessed..everything about you is blessed!
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by LMAyedun(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
Na wah ooh!!
Peace be unto Nigeria
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by fingard02k(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
na wa
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
May the devil receive his soul with happiness and establish a branch for him in hell where the explosives will be needed !
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by tinuolababy(f): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hmmm.... it is well o
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Sexytemi(f): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
Am bck, miss nairaland so much oooo, and r.I.p to d dead o cry
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by crusader01(m): 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2014
Thank God I'm finally here. I must confess everything seems to stand still without Nairaland. Internet became boring. It affected me but I have to start all over again. Glory be God nairaland survived the attack.

@the topic,one day we will all forget boko haram. It is just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by chiboy7(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
Ashyrule: was there no pictures, or even eye witness, mchewwww

Eye witness

4 Likes

Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2014
I find this hard to believe
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by felzylix(m): 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
Mutuwa: *continues eating peanuts*
. WARNING: explosive detected
Re: Emab shopping plaza Bombing: Dead Suspect Was Conveying More Explosives by mmmustapha(m): 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
May the eyes of evils never sleep

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akintoye Steps Down As Yoruba Nation Leader / Buhari Approves As APC Expels former National Vice-Chairman, Eta / Soludo Appoints Osagie Aburime From Edo State As Chief Press Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.