Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,804 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. (340185 Views)

Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
SAMUELIFEANYI: I NEED HELP PLS BETWEEN GIONEE P4 AND M2 WHICH SHOULD I BUY.I WANT A PHONE DAT CAN PLAY HD GAMES.AN HAS A GUD BAT3.HD GAMES LIKE WILD BLOOD AND ASSASINS CREAD.IF P4 CAN PLAY IT PLS SHOW SCREEN SHORTS
P4 and M2 are both quad core 1GB ram phones with the same GPU (Mali 400), so basically their gaming capabilities should be the same ,however M2 have the advantage of a bigger screen and a super battery. If money is not an issue I will advise you go for M2.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Babanhajiya(m): 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
I have just installed CWM recovery on my P4.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Sylverkenz(m): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Babanhajiya: I have just installed CWM recovery on my P4.
Pls what were in the pack
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Babanhajiya(m): 4:29am On Aug 11, 2014
Link to download Baidu root apk, it's one of the easiest way to root P4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yf6u6fohyiyfi2/Baidu%20Root_V2.3.7.apk also the link below is for recovery.img file to port CWM and custom roms. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp9anbz1u9yo3va/recovery.img
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Mystiq25(m): 4:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Babanhajiya: Link to download Baidu root apk, it's one of the easiest way to root P4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yf6u6fohyiyfi2/Baidu%20Root_V2.3.7.apk also the link below is for recovery.img file to port CWM and custom roms. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp9anbz1u9yo3va/recovery.img
Thnx a million times bro, I was asking for the recovery file in the whatsapp group countless times no one has responded to my request. To me opening that group is a misplaced ppriority since we have this thread where one will come in and get a first hand information about the phone. Thnx once again.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 6:00am On Aug 11, 2014
Mystiq25: Thnx a million times bro, I was asking for the recovery file in the whatsapp group countless times no one has responded to my request. To me opening that group is a misplaced ppriority since we have this thread where one will come in and get a first hand information about the phone. Thnx once again.
hmmm I thought as much, that's why I am skeptical to all those whatsapp groups.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 11, 2014
Mint Gionee elife e5 for sale at 25k... Add 07066240076 on Whatapp or call 08140717152
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by SetrakusRa(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mystiq25: Thnx a million times bro, I was asking for the recovery file in the whatsapp group countless times no one has responded to my request. To me opening that group is a misplaced ppriority since we have this thread where one will come in and get a first hand information about the phone. Thnx once again.

Well, I won't call it a misplaced priority. very soon, the chances of getting solution to one's problems on here would be very limited (example from P2 / P3 thread whom still have overactive group chats). And other advantages like the fun part plus other group discoveries.. P4's room is barely a week old, don't expect much tho.. IMO
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Kurupt01: 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
SetrakusRa:

Well, I won't call it a misplaced priority. very soon, the chances of getting solution to one's problems on here would be very limited (example from P2 / P3 thread whom still have overactive group chats). And other advantages like the fun part plus other group discoveries.. P4's room is barely a week old, don't expect much tho.. IMO

Pls tell them. He asked a question and you claims nobody replied right? Mind you I did, I remember telling you I'd upload the recovery image for you at my own expense ofcourse. My house was robbed in school and I lost my system and phone along with it will I steal and get you the recovery image?
And here you are saying opening the group was a "misplaced priority" why didn't you ask for it here in the first place
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Still on the battery.

Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by adekayo1234(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
Please can i get the address of the dealer in abj and the price
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by SetrakusRa(m): 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kurupt01:

Pls tell them. He asked a question and you claims nobody replied right? Mind you I did, I remember telling you I'd upload the recovery image for you at my own expense ofcourse. My house was robbed in school and I lost my system and phone along with it will I steal and get you the recovery image?
And here you are saying opening the group was a "misplaced priority" why didn't you ask for it here in the first place

Yeah.. I saw that.. Kindly upload the recovery file here and instructions to flash for others to benefit.. And, maybe link to those custom ROMs too.. am yet to get mine though.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Jazzcelestin: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
adekayo1234: Please can i get the address of the dealer in abj and the price
bought it in Abuja, area 1 for 17k
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by mindtricks: 12:11am On Aug 12, 2014
Kamaye: P4 and M2 are both quad core 1GB ram phones with the same GPU (Mali 400), so basically their gaming capabilities should be the same ,however M2 have the advantage of a bigger screen and a super battery. If money is not an issue I will advise you go for M2.

And you know any Tecno of the same price range and specs?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 7:18am On Aug 12, 2014
mindtricks:

And you know any Tecno of the same price range and specs?
Tecno M5 is 22k has almost the same specs as P4, but P4 is better and cheaper with a quad core processor and for just 17k.
Tecno M7 too is 25k has almost the same specs as Gionee M2, but the M2 is still better and cheaper with a quad core processor and a superb battery for just 22k. Make your choice.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2014
SetrakusRa:

Yeah.. I saw that.. Kindly upload the recovery file here and instructions to flash for others to benefit.. And, maybe link to those custom ROMs too.. am yet to get mine though.
The recovery file was already uploaded here by @ Babanhajiya, I have personally downloaded and flash it on my phone. The procedure is very simple.
1. Download mobile uncle app from play store.
2. Place the recovery file in the root of your SD card (not folder).
3. Open mobile uncle and tap on recovery update to locate your recovery.img file.
4. Tap on recovery.img, and press ok.
5. Mobile uncle will ask to reboot into recovery? Press ok and you're done with it.
For custom roms go to this site and register www.needrom.com there are lots of roms for Gionee P4 there.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Sylverkenz(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Pls somebody should tell me wat to expect in d pack make I no go buy rubbish
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by daevheed(m): 8:37am On Aug 12, 2014
please add me to the whatsapp group o-08170076276
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by kunleee(m): 11:24am On Aug 12, 2014
Sylverkenz: Pls somebody should tell me wat to expect in d pack make I no go buy rubbish
the phone,battery,screen protector,USB, charger head, ear piece, warranty card and the pouch.

just got mine on friday but started using it yesterday.. never hard for me to decide buying the phone cus of the awesome experience of using p2.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by SetrakusRa(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2014
It comes with a pouch?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by kunleee(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2014
SetrakusRa: It comes with a pouch?
pouch or jacket. which ever name
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by kunleee(m): 11:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Kamaye: The recovery file was already uploaded here by @ Babanhajiya, I have personally downloaded and flash it on my phone. The procedure is very simple.
1. Download mobile uncle app from play store.
2. Place the recovery file in the root of your SD card (not folder).
3. Open mobile uncle and tap on recovery update to locate your recovery.img file.
4. Tap on recovery.img, and press ok.
5. Mobile uncle will ask to reboot into recovery? Press ok and you're done with it.
For custom roms go to this site and register www.needrom.com there are lots of roms for Gionee P4 there.
please link to mobile uncle. Preferably dropbox. playstore refuse to open.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by SetrakusRa(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
kunleee: pouch or jacket. which ever name

Aiit.. Getting mine soon.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by kunleee(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
SetrakusRa:
Aiit.. Getting mine soon.
after booting into recovery, is it just to reboot system now or what am i doing at recovery.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
Setrakus Ra Aka Xavier Aka Cixel so u sef follow me deh eye dix beast kwo??
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
who sabi port twrp
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by SetrakusRa(m): 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
HeWhoMusntBeNamed: Setrakus Ra Aka Xavier Aka Cixel so u sef follow me deh eye dix beast kwo??

grin grin Abi na
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by mindtricks: 12:27am On Aug 13, 2014
Kamaye: Tecno M5 is 22k has almost the same specs as P4, but P4 is better and cheaper with a quad core processor and for just 17k.
Tecno M7 too is 25k has almost the same specs as Gionee M2, but the M2 is still better and cheaper with a quad core processor and a superb battery for just 22k. Make your choice.

Wow!! My Oga, nice one. But you used to be a lover of Tecno. Seem like we now found a new love, are these Gionees trully much better than Tecno? Cos, if this happens to be so, then after much punder it might be to switch over.

I really feel concerned if the batteries will meet up.

Watching closely.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 6:42am On Aug 13, 2014
mindtricks:

Wow!! My Oga, nice one. But you used to be a lover of Tecno. Seem like we now found a new love, are these Gionees trully much better than Tecno? Cos, if this happens to be so, then after much punder it might be to switch over.

I really feel concerned if the batteries will meet up.

Watching closely.
That was when Tecno phones are very affordable, now that they have gone premium with their prices I see no reason why I should continue to patronised them when Gionee are here making better and cheaper phones with a very good battery life. Mind you Gionee P4 would have been 25k if it were a Tecno. If Gionee one day Gionee also decided to go premium like Tecno I won't hesitate to ditch them and switch camp after all InnJoo is here but for now its Gionee all the way.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by OCTAVO: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bought this phone for 16k in Ibadan today.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Famolove(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
OCTAVO: Bought this phone for 16k in Ibadan today.
dat good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (137) (Reply)

PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert / Tecno L3 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.