Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Roomates - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roomates (71976 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2014
balispecial: inconsistent updates make pple lose interest
I know and I'll try and make it up to you guys
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Repteam:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your story. I wish we could nominate you for some kind of award. Btw could u pls check my thread, maybe it might interest u.

Thanks dearest
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2014
update pls cool. i cant blv as a guy im inlove wiv ur story cos this is definitely a girl's story.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2014
Ayodele Jolade Kehinde

I've sighed a thousand times already and I can't stop sighing. Dad and Taiwo (my twin brother) made sure the mansion was greatly decorated and the maids continued to scan my looks and anytime they detect a slight flaw in my looks, they took their time to correct it.
I had changed four times before any geust would even show up. It is as serious as that! And Taiwo seems to be enjoying the whole drama because he was beaming with smiles through out. It's not everyday you turn 20, you know.

The first person that arrived was Femi. He looked gloomy although he tried to hide it by forcing himself to be cheerful and Taiwo couldn't even detect any trace of forlornness on his face. That is how dumb that boy his.
I wanted to ask Femi what was wrong but Taiwo was all over him so, I waited for the right time Taiwo would leave. Femi may not tell me in Taiwo's presence and Taiwo can be disgusting atimes with redundant comments. I almost thought Taiwo won't leave him alone until Dad called him, I was a bit relieved and went into Taiwo room which was adjacent to mine.
"Hi" I forced a smile at him and he smiled back without uttering a word.
"Are you alright?" I asked. A tone of concern overwhelming my voice.
He took his time to give me his reply or should I say, he asked an unexpected question.
"What went wrong between you and Aisha?"
I sighed, My 5th sigh actually.
"Femi, nothing is wrong. Is that why you looked so gloomy? You can bet she is comming to wish me a happy birthday today, that will show you how intimate we still remain." Even I wasn't sure of my words because. I doubt whether Aisha will come.
"Don't deceive me Jola. Aisha told me something is wrong herself. She told me to ask you when I insisted she tell me what was wrong. You know she can be stubborn atimes" he said looking depressed. I felt guilty of making him the victim of my own circumstances.
"And one more question again Jola" he said looking up at me with great interest.
"Go ahead and ask..." I urged.
"That girl... Tara or whatsoever she called herself, You should have noticed some strange things about her. I can sense something dangerous about that girl. Tell me somethings you find unacceptable about her" He sounds so desperate to know. Tara must have shown him her true colours too.
"Why did you want to know something about Tara?" I asked wishing I hadn't bothered to ask him what was wrong when he came in. I wouldn't have been bombarded with questions that are so difficult to answer.
"It's just that Aisha and I had a bit of misunderstanding. And the topic sentence of our misunderstanding was Tara"
I wasn't ready to tell him my thought about Tara stealing the jewellery. It was merely a thought that could be true or untrue. I don't want to paint her black before him but I'll give him an hint which he should be able to figure out himself
" Tara is a nice girl but one has to be careful when associating with her" I said the words without laying emphasis "CAREFUL" and smiled at Femi before going back to my room when Taiwo entered looking suspiciously at both of us
"you guys must be talking about me. The way you put your heads together like you were planning a coup." he yelled.
But I was already in my room.

We waited for a while before other geusts arrived. Dad, Taiwo and I welcomed them into the large sitting room. Music was blaring from the one side of the room and It wasn't long before the whole sitting room was filled to the brim with geusts.
But none of my roomates have arrived. I was feeling somehow bad about it when I heard someone screamed my name loudly. It was Cynthia looking dashing in her outfit.
"Helllooooooo sister" She greeted with a wide grin plastered on her lips. It had been a while since I've seen her this happy.
"What is the good news about that made you so happy?"
"Two things made me happy today"she said in between smiles "Firstly, an angel is celebrating her 20th birthday today" I couldn't help but beam at that. "Secondly, I'm doing what is right and what should have been done a long time ago"
"What is that?" I asked not sure of what she was talking about
"Just wait and see"

It wasn't long before Tara came in and as expected with Aisha trotting behind her. I had personally prepared a particular portion of the sitting room for my roomates and also for three others. In case any of them brought friends. Cynthia told me she would be comming with two other friends too.

I welcomed Aisha and Tara as I would have welcomed any good friend. And we settled down in a silent unison. Nobody uttered a word. Except for Cynthia who excused herself from the table to bring her other friends who just arrived.
"Excuse me" She said and dissapeared only to reappear with two farmiliar chicks... One was Tara's sister (that's what Tara calls her), Jane and another girl I couldn't recognise but I could definately recognise the Necklace and Earrings she wore. It was Aisha's missing jewellery so, I sighed again. My 6th sigh...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Fantasywrita: update pls cool. i cant blv as a guy im inlove wiv ur story cos this is definitely a girl's story.
Awwwwww! That's so amazing. But I can understand guys not being interested in Female stories.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bolajoko Cynthia

At last! Triumphant at last!
What should have been done a long time ago. An innocent soul was being punished emotionally for something she knew absolutely nothing about. Jolade will be proven innocent finally.

I could still remember when I came back to school. I was really down because of the demise of mum and Dad and I know I've been really irritating to everybody around me. I hate everybody because I thought the world wasn't fair enough to me but Jola was always there for me. She was determined she was going to get me out of my depression state despite every method i tried to make her feel worthless but she suceeded in getting me out. That is how wonderful she is and I knew I would repay her somehow, Anyhow, Someday and I think that day is today.

Jane and Rita became very good friends after our meeting. Rita was really into me 'cos I made her feel comfortable around me. I made her feel like she is the most special thing in the world. I appreciated everything she did even though 90% of those things were stupid. She once confessed to me that I was the only one that made her know how pretty and special she is and I only smiled to prevent me from laughing out loud. If only she knew I was doing this for Jola, someone that is a thousand time special.

Immediately I learnt that Tara sold the jewellery to Rita, I felt like telling Jola about it but I want to make it a surprise for her. I had invited Jane and Rita to Jolade's birthday party.
"You guys must come please....." I pleaded with them
"Of course we will, thanks for inviting us" Rita said sounding really excited. I don't know why that girl likes me so much. I personally told Rita to wear the jewellery she showed Jane at the restaurant for the birthday party.
"You will look cute and more beautiful. And also, I want to show my friends the jewellery, they will love it." I said convincingly.
I wasn't surprised when Tara froze on her seat when she saw Jane and Rita. She was shocked and I could bet she looked like an old woman with all the creasing make-up on her face due to the sudden sweat eruption on her body.
"Hi everybody" Rita greeted. They all smiled except Jolade who was staring at Rita's neck with inquiring eyeballs. There was no mistaking, she was thinking what I was thinking. Aisha hadn't looked up at the two of them and I want her to. She seemed shy around us and she hasn't got Tara's attention because the later was sweating profusely.
"Tara..." Jane screamed accusingly "you didn't even come to welcome me when I returned"
"I'm sorry Aunty..." Tara managed to say. I looked at Jolade and she winked at me. Aisha still buried her face under the pretence of typing something on her phone

I stood up to do the introduction but Aisha only looked up to smile at Jane and Rita and she turned back to her Phone. I felt dissapointed and I think Jola noticed too 'cos she said
"Chill"
"Chill?" Rita asked
"I mean, who wants a chill drink" Jola honestly lied
"Sure. Any chill drink is okay with us" Jane replied
Jola signalled to one of the maids to get us drinks.
"Huh... Rita, I really want to buy this jewellery. Just tell me where I could get the exact type" I quickly asked wishing Aisha would look up at the mention of jewellery and she did. Tara was sweating like a christmas goat.
"Oh, Cynthia. Haven't I told you? It was Tara who sold this jewellery to me. Tara,a Tell us where you bought it from"
Tara glared at Rita. Aisha was now interested in the conversation 'cos she stared transfixedly at Rita's neck. Rita was feeling a little bit proud of herself and her "precious stolen jewellery"
"Em.... Actualy...." Tara stammered
"Please, can I have a closer look at that necklace..." Aisha asked Rita
"Sure..." Rita said and unclasped the necklace from her neck handing it to Aisha who checked it thorougly.
I whispered to Rita.
"I told you, everybody here is interested in your jewellery"
Rita only glowed with smiles.
"This is my jewellery!" Aisha screamed " The pendant here has my name inscribed on it. Every jewellery I own has my name on it and the receipt is at home" She said showing her name which was written on it to Rita who was really shocked. Rita couldn't deny not seing "aisha" written in italics on the pendant.
"Tara, how did this get into your hands... You sold it to me" Rita turned to Tara in annoyance "ask her. She sold it to me "Rita added

Aisha took a glance at Tara. Tears glittering on her pretty face, she dropped the necklace in haste and stormed out of the living room with Femi running after her. And all eyes went after them.
Rita also stood up and with a disgusting look on her face, stared at Tara and walked out and following her was Jane who only shook her head at Tara.
Tara glanced at Jola and I with an unexplicable stare then she exited like others.
Jola was in tears when I looked atr her.
"What's wrong?" I asked massively worried
"This is the best birthday gift ever....."

5 Likes

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
omoshelwa:
Awwwwww! That's so amazing. But I can understand guys not being interested in Female stories.
am always interested in female stories cos it gv one an insight on hw 2 relate n undastand them
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
balispecial: am always interested in female stories cos it gv one an insight on hw 2 relate n undastand them
you are right though. Females are sometimes difficult to understand
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Blowing kisses at Omoshelwa. The movie industry needs a writer like u. Waiting patiently for next update.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Repteam thank you for informing me about the update.

You remember Micheal Jackson song 'the girl is dangerous the girl is bad!' thats definitely Tara.

Shelewa u know how to plan a beautiful plot. Its almost like watching a soap opra...dunno if i got d spelling right.
After the tv drama Tinsel, this is my second favourite Nigeria stuff. I would love to see this on tv.

Tho ur update r short...waiting.....
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
This isn't the end. There is still more and more updates on the way8-).
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Repteam: Blowing kisses at Omoshelwa. The movie industry needs a writer like u. Waiting patiently for next update.
I'm flushing pink!

Thanks. I'll try and give you guys the best
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
omoshelwa: This isn't the end. There is still more and more updates on the way8-).

Sure it can't end there. I'm waiting to see the awkwardness in the room smiley
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Fantasywrita: Repteam thank you for informing me about the update.

You remember Micheal Jackson song 'the girl is dangerous the girl is bad!' thats definitely Tara.

Shelewa u know how to plan a beautiful plot. Its almost like watching a soap opra...dunno if i got d spelling right.
After the tv drama Tinsel, this is my second favourite Nigeria stuff. I would love to see this on tv.

Tho ur update r short...waiting.....

sad but Tara happens to be my favourite character here.
Just kiddingwink

you won't have to wait much longer though. Like seriously, why do you guys think this should be on TV? It's not even dramatic. I really appreciate your beliefs in me... Thanks, Thanks and Thanks. I'm greatly greatful and OMOSHALEWA or OMOSHELWA is the name.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
Repteam:

Sure it can't end there. I'm waiting to see the awkwardness in the room smiley
Let's all wait and see then.......................................................................................................................................

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
omoshelwa:
I'm flushing pink!

Thanks. I'll try and give you guys the best

I trust u will. smiley
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
omoshelwa:

sad but Tara happens to be my favourite character here.
Just kiddingwink

you won't have to wait much longer though. Like seriously, why do you guys think this should be on TV? It's not even dramatic. I really appreciate your beliefs in me... Thanks, Thanks and Thanks. I'm greatly greatful and OMOSHALEWA or OMOSHELWA is the name.

You've painted the characters so well and they seem to have a life thats what makes it a page turner. And u welcome. Thank God we wont have to wait much longer .

And nice name Omoshalewa.
Re: Roomates by bibie01(f): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nice story shelwa, was reading it before nairaland's rapture. N am back now, I really love d display of d characters, u gave vivid description that helps us in visualizing them.

But I cudnt help noticing the fact that jolade's roommates did not show any sign of surprise at the magnitude of jolade's house, knowing fully well that she lived a very low profile life in school. It was supposed to have been a shocker to them.

Anyway, keep up d good work n keep d updates coming...thank you.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=bibie01]Nice story shelwa, was reading it before nairaland's rapture. N am back now, I really love d display of d characters, u gave vivid description that helps us in visualizing them.

But I cudnt help noticing the fact that jolade's roommates did not show any sign of surprise at the magnitude of jolade's house, knowing fully well that she lived a very low profile life in school. It was supposed to have been a shocker to them.

Well sister, it isn't Aisha or Tara's POV (Point Of View) yet.

2 Likes

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ahmad Aisha

Could my life get any worse?
I just wish I could stop my heart from shattering. I could feel it shatter into pieces.

The events of the day had been greatly depressing, saddening,and glum. I would have been too stupid and shameless to return to the hostel so I went back home which I geuss would be where I would be staying before exam starts. Maybe during my stay at home, I would be able to regain my strenght to go back and face whatever awaits me back at the hostel. Although, all the happenings today were disheartning, I won't hesitate to ruminate over it.

I went to the hostel as early as possible to meet only Tara in the room. We had some irrelevant conversation which was mainly based on the other roomates. Tara didn't hesitate to call them both hyprocrites and Liars whereas that was the description that fits her herself when I later realised the stuff she was made of. Anyways, after our stupid chatters, we both agreed to go to the birthday party which we had both concluded would be pretty boring and we had both mocked in advance but it turned out to be the least expected imagination we would have ever imagined. I even thought we had the wrong address when we ended up in front of a very large mansion that even my father's mansion looks a bit inferior to.
"Maybe we have the wrong address. Let's check it again" Tara said and I thought she was picturing my mind at that point in time. But we were proved wrong when the address confirms we were at the right place. Tara wasn't ready to be convinced yet because she told me to wait. She said she was going in to confirm whether we were really at Jolade's place and I just nodded my consent. I was thinking about Femi being at the party, that would certainly make me uncomfortable.
I waited some distances away from the enormous gate and watched as Tara pressed the door bell. It wasn't long before she was attended to by a young lad in uniform whom I geussed was the gateman. I could clearly hear their conversation from where I stood.
"Good afternoon. Please, is this Ayodele Jolade's place?" Tara asked the young man
"Yeah. This is her place. You guys are here for her birthday right?" Tara nodded
"Come in and make yourself comfortable" The young man said beaming at us.
We entered only for our jaws to drop at the beauty of the compund. I was shocked beyond words not knowing that the shock I got was a tip of the iceberg of what awaits me inside. We were welcomed warmly by Jolade and Cynthia like we had no grudge before and Tara and I wished Jolade a happy birthday like we hadn't mocked her before we came. The silence that enveloped the atmosphere after then was due to two reasons, Tara and I were still in shock and because none of us knows what to say.
I don't want to talk about the episode that followed after then. I have drenched 3 handkies in tears already and I don't want to use the 4th one. I would have been crying right now if Femi hadn't followed me and calmed me down with his soothing voice. Although, I had stopped crying, I still felt depressed.
Depressed.
That's the word that could best describe my state of emotion right now. I was too blind to see Tara's dark side despite being warned by many. I had cried my eyes sour already and I kept wondering if Jola would ever forgive me for calling her a thief? As for Tara, I don't know what to do about her. The description that fits her is "Devil in disguise." Cynthia has said it all.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Roomates by chiimdee: 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
Awwww what a piece.....lovin the way the story is playing out. Nyc work dear, KUDOS!
Re: Roomates by estellar12(f): 12:51am On Jul 24, 2014
I love ur story. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
Tara Carlos

Arghhhhhhh! That was the most embarrasing moment of my life. How I wish there is a soap and a sponge capable of washing away the shame I feel inside. I wouldn't mind hiding behind a mask just to conceal my identity (if it would work) because I know virtually everybody would have known what I've done or what Cynthia said I had done.
That Cynthia... Why did she thought it better to disgrace me in public? She should have called the 4 of us only and we would have settled it amicably. She made me an hypocrite and a liar in public! Okay, I agree i'm a liar but Jola lied too. Maybe not the way I did but she lied with her bahaviour. She made us believe she doesn't live in a mansion, like she doesn't have maids that attend to her at the snap of her finger, like she wasn't the pet of Senator Ayodele! How hypocritical! but Cynthia made it seem like I was the only liar. I don't even know whether or not to cry. I feel angry, awkward and empty inside. I know what I did wasn't that good but it wasn't as bad as Cynthia made it seem either. It was not worth disgracing me before hundreds of peering eyes in a birthday party! How heartless some girls can be!

Nobody cared to hear my own side of the story but I will still explain myself. There were two solid, tangible and reasonable reasons why I stole... I won't call it stealing though because that isn't what it was. There were two solid, tangible and sensible reasons why I took Aisha's jewellery. Reason number one is SURVIVAL. I was dying for goodness sake! There was no foodstuff left and Aunty Jane had travelled or else I would have gone to her and if I ask from my roomates, it would seem as if I was the hungry type and also set the reputation I've been trying to build ablaze so I took the last option left, I Aisha's jewellery and sold it. I got some dough from the sale and I survived. Thanks to the Jewellery.

Reason number two was JUSTICE. What Aisha did wasn't fair. She stole Femi from me. He asked me out first and just because I turned him down doesn't give him enough excuse to go after other girls.
Jolade has to be a victim too because she was so close to Aisha. As long as she remains with Aisha, there is no assurance of getting Femi back so, I planted Aisha's jewellery box under her bed.

So, what have I done that is so wrong?

I know I took what doesn't belong to me, Agreed. But that isn't enough reason to tarnish the image I had been building on Campus for the past few months. This is highly ridiculous.

Days ago, I almost thought I was the hottest topic on campus but that Cynthia just ruined everything. I just hate that girl with passion. How I wish I could strangle her neck with my bare hands. Because of her, I can't go back to the hostel. I had to seek refuge under the same roof with Leo who stays off campus. Sharing the same roof doesn't mean sharing the same wears. All my things were still in my room. I don't know how could get them out so that I stay with Leo pending the time everything would have subside back at the room.
"Why do you sundenly want to move in with me?" Leo asked when I told him I would be moving in with him.
"I'm just a bit uncomfortable with my roomates. I feel threatened by their presence. It's just for a period of time ok?" I quickly said avoiding eye contact with him.
He scrutinized my expression carefully like he didn't believe what I said.
"Don't you want me here?" I asked
"Of course i want you here. I'm happy you came" He said the words with the doubtful look still hanging on his scary face.
Leo is a muscular guy and is heavily built. He had a zigzag scar on his face which he refused to tell me where he got it from. He seemed very proud of the scar which seems very odd. He has a bushy beard sorrounding his face which makes him fit the description of the leader of a confraternity as he is often secretly called. Cult leader or not, he is pretty useful in his own way...

2 Likes

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
chiimdee: Awwww what a piece.....lovin the way the story is playing out. Nyc work dear, KUDOS!

Thanksssssssssss
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
This story should be on front page. (thinking out loud).

1 Like

Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
ds gal never learns. I think I smell blood. kudos dear

1 Like

Re: Roomates by hassan85(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Repteam: This story should be on front page. (thinking out loud).
I agree with u and also buy Same idea dt was posted Here yesterday. this work could and should be puted into dramer. I like d narrative pros. one will just feel like in d campus again

1 Like

Re: Roomates by chiimdee: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
omoshelwa:

Thanksssssssssss

As long as the story is dis juicy, u r welcome anytime

1 Like

Re: Roomates by graycee(f): 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
D bestest,really enjoyed it
grin

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
hassan85: I agree with u and also buy Same idea dt was posted Here yesterday. this work could and should be puted into dramer. I like d narrative pros. one will just feel like in d campus again

Its just like u read my mind. Her story is so 'addictive' that you'll feel like u in it. Where are the moderators

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
This Tara of a girl! Btw I like d character Aisha. Waiting keenly for next update.
Re: Roomates by Banjousman(m): 2:56am On Jul 25, 2014
Shalewa Pls be fast with updates...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / The Abandoned Child / Mended Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.