Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,500 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:34 PM

Restless...story Of A Survivor. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Restless...story Of A Survivor. (54836 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Story Of A Cancer Survivor (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Olaooni88(f): 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
I had passion for this story @ the beginning, still loving it. Good job sir... More megbyte to ur memory
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Bacelona(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nice one gud job
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jaymomma(f): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Thank God for backup. I would've missed this lovely story! More power to u DOM!

More! more! more!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dom... i am waiting for morewink

well done boss... still following
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by bibie01(f): 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dom, where are you oo, please come and update.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Kingso23: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
following...

viewings this page,
Kingso ®…
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
bibie01: Dom, where are you oo, please come and update.
my dear I cannot think straight for now. Work pressure. Will sure update Asap. Pls bear with me. Thanks.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 2:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Cheriepet: nice story u have here Dom

but some corrections
the local government in Abia state is Isuikwuato so d spelling u have up dere is wrong smiley(sorry it is my hometown wink wink wink)
anoda is d place u wrote 'unzipped bra' i think it should b 'unhooked bra'

following from now on....

good work sir
so u sabi this place n u no tell me

BTW my informant sure is gonna get the Booth tomorrow

lorlaahlozz have u been hia?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Lorlaahlozz: 2:59am On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip:

now I am
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Babe2sure(f): 5:25am On Jul 23, 2014
You are so so talented. Thumbs up for you! Nice story. Really kept me on the edge of my seat, right from the beginning. Keep it up!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: now I am
hope u enjoyed it
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip:

what are u talking about?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 9:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Cheriepet:

what are u talking about?
y dint u invite me here,?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip:
y dint u invite me here,?

oh! sorry i didnt know u enjoy dis genre of story.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 10:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Cheriepet:

oh! sorry i didnt know u enjoy dis genre of story.
k gimme a mentions in all threads u r following
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip:
k gimme a mentions in all threads u r following

u are already following dem, some i followed usmiley
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
Cheriepet:

u are already following dem, some i followed usmiley
some u followed me? r u that stalking me grin
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip:
some u followed me? r u that stalking me grin

u know u are bing wicked?wink
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Cheriepet:

u know u are bing wicked?wink
being wicked?? sweet explain please
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip:
being wicked?? sweet explain please

KP we shouldnt derail dis thread. lets talk in d family thread... when u get dere give me a mention
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
Cheriepet:

KP we shouldnt derail dis thread. lets talk in d family thread... when u get dere give me a mention
k so gimme a mention den
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
Back to Base

Back at Enugu after a well deserved rest at Ife. Captain was very pleased with me for taking out time to see his Parent. He asked a million questions, he wished he was at Ife with us, he became home sick when I told him of all that transpired in the two weeks we spent there but I skipped the issue of Baba until he asked me if Mama knew of my miscarriage and I said yes.

Then Mama must have taken you to see Baba Ifa! He chipped in. I was silent.

Do not be scared my love: he said. I know my mother and her staunch respect and believe in Ifa even though she is an active Women leader in the church. So what did Baba tell you? He asked. I was tongue tied, we had resolved not to tell him until he returned, but how could I with hold this from my husband?

Mummy said you should not tell me abi? He asked. Are there issues I should know about? He asked.

Yes sweet heart! We resolved not to bother you until you returned; there is a lot to be done on your part. Please can we just skip this topic till you return? I begged. Well it is okay if you insist but the fact is that I do not believe in that Man, I am a Christian now!

Captain! I called his name; yes! He answered.

Did you just say you are a Christian now? Or are you trying to say you are a “Church goer” now?

He laughed out loud and said, na you sabi o! Do you believe that that Man was against my joining the Army? But look at me today; I am doing well in the Army. You are a woman and could be gullible but for me, I do not believe in Ifa, that s all. I knew better than to argue with Captain and it pained me. I needed to tell him how expository the visit to Ifa was, but the only way to make Ayo see reasons is to take it easy with him, time shall tell. So I gave him a piece of the ice berg and told him of my dream and the before the miscarriage. I also told him of how Baba asked me of my dream and his interpretation of the dream, but I did not tell him of the remedy Baba proffered. He was speechless as I kissed the phone good night.
I knew he would ponder over what I told him all night and by tomorrow, he will probe some more.

On the first of October I took Chinedu out and celebrated Ay’s birthday with him, it was fun because Chinedu actually acted well as my spouse save for the fact that he was visibly younger than me, I noticed how girls of his age were staring at him as we held each other’s hands as we strolled about and visited joints. Chinedu was already Six- footer and a hunk, he worked out at the 82 division Gymnasium and had developed tight Biceps and six packed tummy, so he was naturally a sight to behold in his fitted T- Shirt and jean trousers.

Two days later Ay called and asked what Baba said the remedy was, I told him and he went mad on the phone swearing at and cursing Baba and his Ifa. He swore he would never go and seek for Dupe for apologies let alone sleep with her; he scolded me for even believing such “incredible nonsense” as he put it.
I simply kept quiet and allowed him to empty his bottled up anger. He was angry with every one, me, his Mother, Chinedu and Baba, Dupe and her Mother too. He said all of us should leave him alone, so I let him alone as I cut the phone on him.

I called Chinedu and narrated what transpired between Ay and I to him. He laughed and said I should not be afraid because I caused it by not being able to keep my mouth shut till Ay returned from Liberia, for once Chinedu said he could not help me. I cried to bed that night.

Another season rush came and passed in 2005. Everyone was so engrossed in meeting Customer needs that we forgot our immediate problems. Silvia was always in the air flying to and fro Dubai to stock up her Shop or flying to Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt for events.

Chinedu was everywhere, the transportation business is a very complicated one as several issues started to come up ranging from accidents, mechanic issues, road task force issues, insurance issues, Drivers issues, money issues, issues everywhere and I admired the way young Chinedu managed all of these as if he had been trained on Conflict or issues management. There was a fatal accident involving one of his Buses and a private car that led to the death of three persons along Enugu –Onitsha Express road by Oji River junction. He went away with his Lawyer for two days to attend to the medical and legal issues relating to the event. Chinedu has indeed become a Man.

For me I had a lot on my hands, from managing my Shop to offering Catering services to hundreds of clients and the supervision of my Plaza which was at completion stage. I was so over whelmed with work that by the end of January I went to isuikwuato and spent a week with Cordellia and her husband. I was missing my husband so much; he was a source of strength to me.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hi Dom, thank God u are backsmiley buh afta a very long tyme dis update is too short. Can u pls remove d 'r' in Isuikwuato.

Kingphilip come o update don com
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
Cheriepet: Hi Dom, thank God u are backsmiley buh afta a very long tyme dis update is too short. Can u pls remove d 'r' in Isuikwuato.

Thanks Cheri! My dear i just had to write something so i do not loose you Guys. I will try and update something worth your time come Sunday. Thank you so much for your time.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote
author=DOMAWOLEYE]

Thanks Cheri! My dear i just had to write something so i do not loose
you Guys. I will try and update something worth your time come Sunday.
Thank you so much for your time.[/quote]

U are welcome sire
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by emmabest2000(m): 5:54am On Jul 28, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE:

Thanks Cheri! My dear i just had to write something so i do not loose you Guys. I will try and update something worth your time come Sunday. Thank you so much for your time.
Nice story , keep it coming ..
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Really missed update here.pls dom do somtin about the update.nice one but too short
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
Cheriepet: Hi Dom, thank God u are backsmiley buh afta a very long tyme dis update is too short. Can u pls remove d 'r' in Isuikwuato.

I Don join u dear
Hw u de today
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
kingphilip:
I Don join u dear
Hw u de today

i dey fyn o... u nko?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
DAY OUT AT CHINEDU'S  

I was feeling so lonely on a Saturday morning; I did not have the zeal to go to work. To say the truth I was missing Ay. The feeling was becoming unbearable lately, I longed for him so much that I had all his pictures with me everywhere I went. His calls were not sufficient any longer. I needed him in Person.  

In my depressed mood I drove Nedu express to spend some time with my little husband. He was meeting with his staff when I drove into the Park.

I went to his office and waited for him. I made a cup of Black Coffee and turned on the television to watch CNN cable satellite. I dozed off.

The opening of the door woke me up, Chinedu came in agitated; Sorry sister! These my Workers are making me go crazy! All they are interested in is milking me dry! No empathy for my business at all! The mechanics will inflate prices of materials they buy to fix vehicles, the Drivers want to collect five months Salaries in advance by telling you pathetic Cork and Bull stories and when you are magnanimous enough to give them the Money, and they abandon your Vehicle and disappear!
And that is when you realize that the Person they presented to you as Guarantor is more broke than the Driver he guarantees. I have had a lot of Guarantors locked up in the Cell but I ended up bailing them with my money!

Ahn ahn? Why should you bail them out with your money? I asked: he gave a sad laugh and said: Sister! By the time the Wives comes here with the Children crying and rolling on the floor begging! By the time they refuse to leave my premises, causing a scenario of sympathizers to gather here begging on their behalf, by the time they start to yell that they have not eaten since morning that they came here begging! Aunty you will have no choice but to bail their Father!

Wao! I exclaimed: so these are the type of challenges you face here! I said: that is one out of many! This my Park is a Civilian Barracks! Thank God you are here now on a Saturday, you just wait and see.

He was preparing a Cup of Coffee when the door to the office was jerked inwards. Musa came in dragging two Boys by the belt, he forced them to their knees while they continued to beg him.

Sharrap! He bellowed. Una dey smoke igbo ko? I think I don dey warn una since say make una no dey smoke igbo for inside this Park?  Oga Musa I beg nah? One of the Boys begged: na Emma bring one parcel come from ukuale as he been go their Village, I just say make I taste am small because I hear say ukuale Igbo dey different! Oga I beg.

Chinedu was on the floor reeling with laughter, I could not help but smile but I did not quite understand why Chinedu was laughing at a serious issue.

Emma where are you from? Chinedu asked; I be from ukuale in delta state sir, he answered. So you travel go your village, you no see better thing to bring come back but Igbo? Chinedu asked:

Oga no vex sir, I no bring am to come give any body o, na for the time wey we dey change to our Work uniform na him the thing fall from my Pocket, as John see am nah him come asked me if na from Ukuale I bring am? I say yes! Na since that time he dey disturb me say make we go smoke am. I been wan wait until afternoon during break when I go want go shit for bush to smoke my thing o! Na John come use him own put me for trouble now, I swear to god! If dem sack me for work today I go kill you John! I swear! Emma summarized pointing at John.

Musa thank you! You can go back to your duty, Chinedu said; yes sir! Musa stamped his right foot and saluted. He then bowed and recognized my presence: Musa how uyou dey nah? I asked. Madam I dey very very fine ma! My wife dey for Shop o! she go come greet you after! No wahala Musa, greet her for me.

Musa actually owned a Shop at the Park where he sells petty Provisions, his Wife Aisha runs the Shop while he over sees the security of the Park and other ad-hoc assignments. His two Sons were attending Police Children School at the Police Barracks close to Abakpa Junction where the Park is situated Barracks. Musa was very comfortable and happy, I saw contentment in him.

So why were you Guys smoking in the Park? Chinedu asked the Boys. Oga I beg no vex, I no go do so again, na my sabi sabi  put me for trouble so! John begged.

What about you Emma? Chinedu asked; Oga! This thing dey pain me well well! I never smoke am reach the Clarol before Oga Musa catch us!  And worst of all, Oga Musa don throw way the Igbo! Wetin I go smoke during break now? Na you o! Na you! He cried pointing at John.

You dey craze? Chinedu barked at him; it's like you are tired of your Job as a mechanic here! I am expecting you to show remorse for your actions but here you are, lamenting over the loss of your Igbo! Are you normal at all? Oga I am sorry sir! But I cannot be normal today o! I cannot be normal. Until break time I go need to run go house come back.

The two of you should get out of here now before I change my mind! Chinedu bellowed. They got up and ran out of the office. Emma! Chinedu called. Emma came back; Oga you call me? No! Chinedu answered. Na myself I dey call! Look if I hear say the two of una fight for my Park today ehn? I go jail you, and if I ever catch any of una smoke any yeye igbo for here again ehn? I go jail the Person!  Now get out! Chinedu shouted. But Oga! Emma ventured; Ukuale Igbo no be yeye Igbo o! Na correct! And he ran away.

Aunty! Hope you are seeing the drama I face with this People daily. Chinedu! I called; can I ask you a question? Aunty I do not smoke Igbo any more if that is what you want to know, but I do not have anything against those that smoke it, the problem is that in a Motor Park like this, if it is encouraged, this place will become a haven for touts and hooligans which is not good for our corporate image.

So what is special about Ukuale Igbo? I asked; he laughed out loud and said, Aunty you would not understand.

At about 11:00AM Musa came in again with a Driver, he pushed the Driver towards Chinedu's table. Oga Jumbo don soak again! I catch am for Aunty Carol Shop where he dey drink ogogoro, and na him Motor dey load now, only three Passengers remain, Musa turned and left the Office.

Jumbo stood before his Boss with head bowed and arms behind his back, as he stood there, I noticed he was swaying from side to side, he would then shake his head to clear his vision, once he looked at me with red eyes, I was a little nervous, he then shut the eyes tightly, he opened the eyes very wide and shook his head vigorously again to clear his vision. Chinedu did not say anything as he kept punching on his Computer.

Jumbo was sweating as his weight was telling on his legs, he wanted to sit, he needed to sit so he gently went to the edge of the office and sat down. He was snoring in ten minutes. I used my hand to cover my mouth to prevent my laughter from waking Jumbo up.

Chinedu went outside to allocate a spare Driver to the Bus that Jumbo drives. He came back in complaining; this drunk here is one of my best Drivers, when he is sober he is the best, even when drunk he is yet to record an accident since I employed him, but I have warned all the traders in this Park not to sell alcohol to any of my Drivers that is on duty, if the driver just returned from a journey and desires a drink, no problem! But if he is about to embark on a journey, they are not to drink.

I have summoned that lady carol here! She is found of flouting my orders! Coupled with the fact that she is yet to pay her rent for the year! In fact I think her Cup is full today!

Musa came into the Office to announce that Lady Carol was waiting to see his Boss, let her in! Chinedu said. The door opened and in came my elder Sister! Aunty Caroline Amadi!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kingphilip(m): 7:29am On Jul 29, 2014
what? so Na so ha life take be?? Chai make God help person make wise decisions for this life o
Dom well done sir
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by emmabest2000(m): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2014
@aunty caro .. shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Strange Love (18+) / Nairaland Detection Club / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.