Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Restless...story Of A Survivor. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Restless...story Of A Survivor. (54932 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Story Of A Cancer Survivor (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kceemart(f): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
seunviju: I just hope all is well o Dom?
Same here.Biko Dom where re u o.I hope u re alrite.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by emmabest2000(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2014
kceemart: Same here.Biko Dom where re u o.I hope u re alrite.
BringBackDom BringDomBack BringBackDom
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
My name is Chinedu junior Amadi, my Sister could not tell this part of her story so I have tell it.

I was at my park when I received a call from a Doctor at U.P.T.H (University of Port Harcourt teaching hospital) that my attention was needed. The caller said my business card was found in the purse of a pregnant woman involved in a motor accident. I asked how the condition of the woman was and she said they were on top of the situation but I should make haste and come.

I called Mr. and Mrs. Chinedu immediately and briefed them about the call; I called Cordellia and informed her too. Silvia was at Port Harcourt then so I called her and told her I would meet her at the hospital.

I took my Honda CRV and drove like a demented man looking for death to Port Harcourt in two hours, a journey of three and a half hour. I escaped several accidents on the way and my car almost somersaulted thrice. At a police check point I declined to stop as I ran past other vehicles on queue, the police chased me with their Toyota Hilux Van, we got to another check point and I zoomed past, only to see the road safety marshals waving me to stop, I zoomed past them and they joined the police in chasing me with their van too. There was no need for me to stop then, only an accident could stop me and such accident should better kill me so I would not face the wrath of the law and the manhandling from the mobile police men.

I guessed they ran out of fuel or their vehicles developed fault because when I got to Okigwe junction I could no longer see them from my rear view mirror.

I met Silvia seated at the reception praying, binding and crying. I joined her in the prayer even though I did not know what to say than “God please take charge”. Silvia opened her eyes and saw me, we hugged and she held on to me crying on my shoulders.

What did the Doctors say? I asked; she is having a forced labour! She said; Their Car was hit by a Truck on the run from the Police, the truck was driving against traffic and so collided with on coming vehicles while trying to outrun the police from arresting him. They said the Truck cleared several vehicles off the road including Derby and her Husband! Their car somersaulted severally. Where is major now? I asked; they were put in the same ward but he was unconscious the last time I saw him, she said. Where is the Doctor’s Office? I asked I need to talk to the Doctor! Follow me! She said and we started along the Corridor, the Doctor and a Nurse bumped into us as they came out from a ward along the Corridor.

Doctor! Silvia called out; how is she now? Good day Doctor! I greeted. I am her brother! Please how far?

Take it easy! He said; we are doing our best to save her and her Children! Children? We asked together. Yes she is expecting more than one Baby! Please excuse me for now! She will need more blood and her blood pressure is too low, please follow me to my office! We all ran behind him to his Office.

He brought out some forms, and wrote as we answered some questions from him. Eventually he asked me to sign. Please sign the column below, we are going to carry out a caesarean session on her, she cannot push under the circumstance and she is already in labour, he said. As I signed the document I asked, what about the husband?

He has a fifty to fifty chance of recovery, he had a concussion and consequently a memory loss, but it will be a temporal situation if he pulls through, at least within six months after recovery he will be fully sane all things being equal, he said. Can I see him? I asked; yes, this way! He said and we all trooped out of his office.

Back on the Corridor, we saw Mr. and Mrs. Chinedu and Cordellia rushing into the Hospital; they saw us and ran towards us. Madam Joana was so unkempt and in tears, she was praying and crying, calling on Jesus Christ to intervene. Cordellia seemed more composed. So many questions were asked, no one could answer them all. We followed the Doctor; he stopped mid way as a nurse approached him. Are you ready for me? He asked her; is everything ready? Yes sir! She replied; just five minutes more, we will call you Doctor! She said as she ran along the Corridor.

We entered a Ward and saw Major on the bed, his head, his hands and legs were all wrapped in bandages. We approached him and greeted but no answer. His eyes were open but he was not seeing us, he was staring far away into nothingness. I called out his name, he turned to look at me but he was not seeing me, the pupils in his eyes were mere black spots! No spark! He could only see through his mind.

We surrounded him as the Doctor was summoned by a Nurse and we started a prayer session for his recovery, Madam Joana Led the Prayer. As we prayed for him, tears came out of his eyes, his Lips quivered and he opened his mouth in an attempt to speak but no sound came out. I looked at him and I wondered; what is the hustle in this life all about? Is it really worth it? A man so resilient, a Man that command respect from people, a War veteran, a gallant Major in the Nigerian Army lying helpless on the bed looking so lost and forlorn.

We were still with Major when a Nurse came and announced that Derby had been delivered of a set of triplets. Our sorrow turned to joy momentarily, we shouted at the mention of the word ‘Triplets’ how could one have imagined that Derby had been carrying triplets in her womb all these while and she never told anyone of us? Major must have told her not to disclose it so that it will come as a surprise to us. And it sure did.

We were ushered into her ward after she had recuperated, we surrounded her bed, she turned her head and looked at us calling our names one after the other. She was evidently tired as she could barely speak above whispering.

Two nurses came in carrying the babies, I looked at them with awe, I had never been used to little babies, they were too cute to behold. The Babies were tagged on their wrist in the order of their delivery.

The first baby was wailing and punching, it was a male, and the nurse handed her to the Mother.
My Son! Derby said; Mummy! He said; why are you crying? Why are you so agitated? She asked him. I am impatient Mummy, I have a lot to do in this life, I have responsibilities to accomplish, he said. You shall accomplish all my Son, you shall accomplish that which you did not accomplish before, I tried my best but now I am tired, I have to go, but please take care of your siblings and all I am leaving behind, I will mum, I will, he said; the Child gave a shrill scream as he wriggled and punched. Derby felt the connection, it felt like she was relating with her late Father, a strong willed determined man, a man that could weather any storm, a man hungry to break bounds and achieve success, a man like Chinedu her younger brother, me. Chinedu! She called out as she handed the baby to the Nurse.

His name is Chinedu the nurse said as she hands the baby over to Silvia, and Silvia handed the child to me, I had never carried a newly born in my entire life, as I received the baby from Silver, my legs sagged and I slumped on the vacant bed in the room, my name sake, my baby. The Child kept quiet suddenly as he gazed at me and to the surprise of all, he began to giggle.

The second Baby was handed to Derby, the Child looked at her mummy with tears in her eyes and said; mummy must you go? Please stay with us for a while longer, we need you: my dear, Derby said; I cannot fight any more, I have played my part, I have been restless all through, but for once I feel drawn to a place where I can find rest; then go well Mother! But I would have loved to have you around, to teach me the ways of humans. Do not worry my dear; you have so many teachers waiting to help you in your quest. Derby felt the connection, it was that of love, that of care and warmth; Joana! She called out.

The Nurse collected the Baby, her name is Joana! She announced as she handed over the baby to Silvia who handed it to Madam Joana, the Baby looked at Madam Joana and smiled, Madam Joana sat by me on the bed and started to cry.

The third Child was given to Derby, he did not cry, he had not cried since they were brought into the room; Mummy! He said. My Son! Derby said; you look tired, mum, you look like you need a rest, he said; yes my Hero, I need a rest I am so weak. It is alright mummy, you can go, I will take care in your absence, nobody can take your place in our lives, nobody can wipe your legacy, I will protect all that you are leaving behind, I will be the brick wall that shields my siblings. Ayodeji! She called out. The connection was too obvious.

The Nurse handed the Baby over to Silvia his name is Ayodeji she announced. Silvia took the Child and went out of the Ward to Major Ayo’s Ward, we followed her.

She got to his bed side and placed the baby on his Chest, he lifted his hands and felt for the Child and he smiled, a very weak smile and with that he took a very deep breath and he gave up the ghost. The baby screamed as major’s hand dropped by his side and his head fell sideways in submission to death. We called on the Doctor who ran in immediately and told us to leave the Ward. We left and went back to Derby’s ward only to see the Nurses covering her up with white Cloth, I pulled open the Cloth from her face but she was gone! She had left this crazy world with her lover to find peace and rest.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmm, its not easy to round up this story due to time constraint. however, my tentative publisher advised that I do not disclose all the write up before publication. consequently I have decided to post the conclusion. its a sad ending though but that is how the story is. my profound gratitude to you all. you guys rock!

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Wait o Dom,did I miss something or that is how the story ends because we didn't knw when Major came back,what happened when he came back,as in u know all o even without mentioning all?Am just confuse o,abeg no vex if I don talk too much.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
seunviju: Wait o Dom,did I miss something or that is how the story ends because we didn't knw when Major came back,what happened when he came back,as in u know all o even without mentioning all?Am just confuse o,abeg no vex if I don talk too much.
ddd

Dear Seun...so much happened after captain returned from Liberia...so much. But I am publishing this work I need to adhere to my publisher's advise not to post everything yet. hope you understand?
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE: ddd

Dear Seun...so much happened after captain returned from Liberia...so much. But I am publishing this work I need to adhere to my publisher's advise not to post everything yet. hope you understand?
sure I do now.Wishing you the best
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by rofemiguwa(f): 12:23am On Sep 25, 2014
Kini! Derby died after all the hustle noooooooo!!!
Please oga dom make it available on okadabooks so we can buy from dere for e copy.

God bless u plenty plenty
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by missuniverse(f): 5:02am On Sep 25, 2014
feels bad
derby only had d opportunity to see her children
where is d joy of motherhood??

hmmm,
short of words
STORY OF A SURVIVOR
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
peeled

3 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by OHaddy(f): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
this is a miracle o o. Just wish ay did nt die.
Thanks 4d update
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by bibie01(f): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
OHaddy: this is a miracle o o. Just wish ay did nt die.
Thanks 4d update

Its indeed a miracle, captain died... Awww *sad*

Thank you Dom.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by shakespen: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
You can write your authored books, article, and songs at www.shakespen.com .Its modular writing format especially makes it easier to write books and maintain your audience. Imagine when your books are read in chapters and pages and got a book-cover too. Sign up and learn all wonderful tools ShakesPen has to offer.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jaymomma(f): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yay. See the resurrection power of DOM's pen. GBU loads
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
In my private ward surrounded by well wishers and medical personnel, the Doctor came forward: Ladies and gentlemen, I think all of us here have to give thanks to Almighty God first, and then to mama here!
Mama? How? Junior asked. Well, this woman prevented us from embalming the patients when they died and were taken to the mortuary. She came to my office privately and told me certain things, she said under no circumstance should I allow the corpse to be embalmed most especially that of madam Deborah, I asked her for her reasons and she said one of them is not dead, she said something about a revelation or prophesy but I think she can explain better to us since she is here.

Hmm, Glory is to God almighty! When junior called me on that fateful day and gave me the terrible news, I went blank! The only thing I thought to do was run to baba Ifa and reported the incident. I did not even know she was delivered of her babies because junior did not say much when he called. Baba consulted Ifa and he told me he could not see Derby’s spirit in the land of the dead. He said he saw my Son, and he told me what they discussed; I know the source of my Son’s death. He then warned that no chemical should be applied to Deborah’s body until it is time for burial, he however said wonder shall happen before the burial. He then told me that her Children were alive triplets he said, he told me a lot of things as usual. I had to leave for port Harcourt immediately and I arrived here at night and started asking questions till I got the Doctor in charge, then I begged him not to embalm the two of them hoping perhaps Ayo was not dead too. I did not tell anybody else for certain reason.
Everyone was tongue tied, Cordellia then broke the silence: Wao! Wao! I think it is high time I went with you Guys to see this baba Ifa o! to say the truth, Doctor Amos here told me about Mama’s instructions and how it contradicts the Hospital policy, he said it has consequences and could affect his job which I am aware of, so I signed a commitment letter as a Doctor relative of the patient and I pleaded with him to follow her instructions however weird it may seem. I had to tip the mortuary attendants generously not to embalm them, I told them to disinfect the table and surrounding that the corpse would be laid and regularly clean them up till pick up time.

After three days: continued Doctor Amos, the husband’s body that showing signs of imminent decay but the female body remain just numb without signs of decay, however no sign of life was observed on it.

My Son died of sheer stubbornness and arrogance! Mama interrupted. He was told what to do to avert this death but he ignored the voice of the gods, in the first instance, he was warned against joining the Army but he refused, I know what I went through to avert the consequence of that action of his, he would have died long before now while he was on training in India! Secondly he was told to seek out someone and make peace but he bluntly refused! All pleas to him fell on deaf ears and this is one thing I could not do for him, Ifa said it lies in his hands! This death is Deborah’s death! Not his! Deborah was the target, a woman whose heart he broke plotted to kill make Deborah barren for life so that my son would have a good reason to divorce Deborah and marry her but we got to know of this plan and we did what we had to do for derby to conceive, but my Son thought all these were mere fabricated stories. Deborah is an innocent Child and all that my Son needed to do was sweet talk this lady into forgiving and forgetting him, is that too hard for a Man to do? To let this lady know that Derby did not charm him, to let the lady know that he could not marry her because of her fiery temper! Hell, they say “has no fury like a woman scorned”! My son gets easily agitated when I give him revelations from Ifa, he even got angry once and told me that Ifa is a fallacy, can you imagine? A Yoruba born, Ife brought up Child to say what his fore fathers had believed in is fallacy simply because he’s gotten some western education! Who did not go to school in my family? I have a doctorate, my husband is a professor, yet we respect our culture even though we embraced Christianity. Now see where fallacy has landed him, I wish I could just see him once and thank him for causing me so much pain, I was there for Ayo, I do not joke over matters concerning my Children, I go the extra mile to provide and protect them, what else did Ayo want me to do that I did not do? Mama broke down and wept uncontrollably.

I spent two weeks at the hospital before I was discharged. Ay’s corpse was eventually embalmed and the burial date extended by three weeks. My babies were brought to me at the hospital and Amara and Tochi each slept at night with me at the hospital, Mama was with me at the hospital throughout while baba went back to Ife to make arrangements for the funeral ,he came back a day before I was discharged. The only time I had to rest was went the Babies slept at night. I had visitors all day, they came in torrents, the babies sucked all day when they are awake, I still marvel at fact that they all slept together at the same time as if they communicate to one another that it is bed time. The Boys were circumcised and the Girl’s ear was pierced while I was at the hospital.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

A mini survival Party was organized on my arrival from the Hospital. We got back to Enugu at about 5pm. My father’s family members at Rumukwurusi in Port Harcourt had been informed of the development by Chinedu and they were helpful all through my stay at UPTH, they were they to bid me farewell, even my adopted father left his palace to bless me and wished me well as we drove out of UPTH that afternoon.
My House was filled with Friends and well-wishers when we drove into the compound, congratulatory banners were dangling from all the corners of the compound , the Centre table and dining table were full of greeting Cards and flowers. The scene had been set for partying. I saw my caterers resplendent in their uniform and attending to guests, a disc jockey was at one end doing his thing.

After settling down and putting babies to sleep, I was invited to the centre floor at the sitting room by Chinedu.
We have not come here today to cry but to rejoice with you my dear Sister, I will not say much, so I will invite our Father here, to say one or two things to us. My father in-law “the prof” took to Centre stage by my side: let us pray: he said. After a season of prayers and thanks giving, he cleared his throat, removed his glasses and put in his breast pocket, he removed it again and wiped it with his handkerchief, and then he wore it while we waited patiently for him.

Ladies and gentlemen, he started: yes, we are not here to cry today but to celebrate life, to give glory to God for sparing the life of my daughter, omo mi, we would have gathered for her wake keeping tonight but God said it is not yet her time, yes, we lost a Son, she, a husband, but I am consoled by a set of triplets so what more can I say? Who am I to battle with God? What if all of them had died? The couple along with the pregnancy gone with the accident! Will I fight God? I will simply mourn them, grief for a while and move on with the remaining part of my life. So when Chinedu told me of his idea to organize a mini “welcome home” party for My Daughter, I gave my consent, but in all of these, we give glory to God almighty. I want to use this medium on behalf of my family and the Amadi’s to thank each and every one of you that stood by us during our time of sorrow, may God bless you all and may joy never depart from your homes, you shall not lose any of your young one in Jesus name! We all chorused “Amen”! my wife and I will leave for Ife tomorrow, the burial of my Son is next week Saturday, my Wife and I will not be at the burial site because it is against our custom for a father or mother to attend the funeral of their Child. The Army and his age grade at Ife will handle the burial issues.

So omo mi, my daughter, you are welcome back from the land of the dead, you shall have no more reason to shed tears in your life because we have shed all the tears for your sake, you shall not bury any of your Children! Amen we all chorused as daddy prayed for me. None of the Triplets shall die, you will have more children! At this I did not say Amen, it must be a slip of the tongue, I shook my head silently rejecting the prayer, Daddy read my mind as he continued: omo mi! You shall have more Children I said, what an old man sees while sitting down cannot be seen by a Child even though he climbs to the top of an iroko tree. You shall move on with your life and find love again, you are still very young to understand this life but when the time is ripe you will understand. When you married my Son, you vowed that only death shall separate you, death has done so, so you are very free to remarry if you wish, but I will advise you to marry when the time comes so that you do not fall into temptation. I will not remarry I countered, no one can replace Ayo in my life, no one!

Daddy smiled, thank you for that, he said: I too would not like to lose a girl like you, if it were in our days, Segun, Ayo’s younger brother would have married you and keep you in our family, but today, that part of our culture has been eroded by westernization. What you owe me and my family is this, omo mi. please do not deny my grand Children their heritage, let them grow up knowing their roots; please do not run away with my Children I beg you! I was shocked to see the emotion displayed by Daddy as he spoke almost at the point of shedding tears. They are the only link between me and Ayo, remember we married you properly and fulfilled all marital requirements both legally and traditionally. Daddy’s voice had changed and he was speaking between sobs, he pulled out his handkerchief, removed his glasses and wiped tears from his eyes. Chinedu stepped forward and embraced him patting him gently on the back while the rest of us clapped for him.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by kceemart(f): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
What a touching story,i couldn't hold back my tears at Ayo's father's speech.But in all,i tank God dt Derby was alive 2 take care of her children.Dom,i doff my cap 4 u.U know how 2 twist d story 2 arouse suspense n ur story is unpredictable.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
kceemart:
What a touching story,i couldn't hold back my tears at Ayo's father's speech.But in all,i tank God dt Derby was alive 2 take care of her children.Dom,i doff my cap 4 u.U know how 2 twist d story 2 arouse suspense n ur story is unpredictable.

Kcee, thanks a lot for your encouragement. You inspire me. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by rofemiguwa(f): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dom please when will the whole book be ready? I cant wait any longer.
Great work boss!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by gennysq(f): 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
A sad twist indeed sad Oh derby, be strong for ur triplets n ur siblings. @Dom, wat can I say............ U too much smiley
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by ayozainy(f): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
Av neva read a story so captivating, intriguing, suspense filled nd yet unpredictable. I doff (however it is spelt) my hat 4 u. More grease 2 ur elbow. Dis is one of d most interesting stories i av ever read, it took me 3hrs 2 read yet i neva dropped my phone nor had intermissions. I learnt a lot 4rm it, one which i'll hold forever is dat no matter d situation i find myself in life, i should make d best use of it, as well as being honest nd transparent in wateva i do. Lastly, neva turn my back on those who need me during trying times especially my friends nd family, cos NO ONE KNOWS TOMORROW. U av made my day @op. May God bless u. A 1000(thousand) likes, KUDOS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 6:26am On Oct 07, 2014
rofemiguwa:
Dom please when will the whole book be ready? I cant wait any longer.
Great work boss!

Rofe..i appreciate your kind comments. God bless you
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 6:28am On Oct 07, 2014
gennysq:
A sad twist indeed sad Oh derby, be strong for ur triplets n ur siblings. @Dom, wat can I say............ U too much smiley

genny; i love your pix, stunning! you have been my fan from begining, thank you for your encouragement. god bless you.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2014
ayozainy:
Av neva read a story so captivating, intriguing, suspense filled nd yet unpredictable. I doff (however it is spelt) my hat 4 u. More grease 2 ur elbow. Dis is one of d most interesting stories i av ever read, it took me 3hrs 2 read yet i neva dropped my phone nor had intermissions. I learnt a lot 4rm it, one which i'll hold forever is dat no matter d situation i find myself in life, i should make d best use of it, as well as being honest nd transparent in wateva i do. Lastly, neva turn my back on those who need me during trying times especially my friends nd family, cos NO ONE KNOWS TOMORROW. U av made my day @op. May God bless u. A 1000(thousand) likes, KUDOS!!!

Ayozainy, i guess your name is Ayo? i am Ayokunle too. thank you for spending three good hours reading my work, may God spend time on your matter too and grant you success in all your endeavour.I am so flattered by your encouragement. Thank you plenty!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by sebak(f): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2014
Tnk God u r back, I felt bad 4 months cos dr was no update, wasn't xpcting d twist duo but I am happy 1 of d triplets parent was gvn a second chance to live. I love ur creativity and always rmmbr u r always appreciated. God bless u
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2014
sebak:
Tnk God u r back, I felt bad 4 months cos dr was no update, wasn't xpcting d twist duo but I am happy 1 of d triplets parent was gvn a second chance to live. I love ur creativity and always rmmbr u r always appreciated. God bless u
Sebak! long time to my runaway fan! i had time constraint then, work things. Thank you for your encouragement. God bless you.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
peeled
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by boldndbeautiful(f): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
So so touching, cry i'm in tears.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by gennysq(f): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Dis is way beta dan sum Nollywood muvees
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by tecno4life(m): 9:34am On Oct 08, 2014
Dom you are the best, please when will the book be available. I need my copy ASAP undecided
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by tecno4life(m): 10:23am On Oct 08, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE:
Thank you Baba! Chinedu said: your grand Children will know their home and their roots, in fact you will be tired of seeing them because when they come of age they will be coming to spend all their holidays with you and their names still remains Taiwo, Kehinde and Idowu! Come to think of it, your surname is Idowu, do you have a history of multiple births in the family? Yes o! Mummy answered: my husband’s father was the third of a set of twins, he was the Idowu! Everyone laughed and cheered.
The party was fun, everyone had something to say to me and they took turns in telling me, even Aunty Carol.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Ayo’s funeral was unique because it was a military affair, he was finally laid to rest in the premises of a duplex he was still building at home, he was given the customary twenty one gun -shot salute by the Army. There was no partying because Ayo’s death is a sad experience and the Yoruba’s do not entertain when burying a young one, but the guests were fed and there was drink for those who felt like. Of course the military men finished all the alcohol they were served.

After the burial, the Colonel GS (General staff) of the 82nd Division came to me in the presence of my husband’s relatives and handed over to me a plaque of honour as a war veteran, it was to be presented to Major before his demise, he told us that I was the next of kin to my husband and would be needed at the Force HQ for documentation regarding my husband’s benefits. He saluted and left in company of his adjutant. Every visitor returned to their destinations same day save for me and my close relations.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Five of us visited Baba on Tuesday morning; he had told mama that he had lecture in the evening so his morning was free. Cordellia and Aunty Carol were with us while Junior drove us there.
Ifa welcomes you all, Baba had said, Iyawo wa, our wife, Ifa greets you and welcomes you back from the land of the dead, Ifa says you will live very long. “He who has ears, let him hear and do what the gods bid him” I am not God, I am not the Ifa, I am just a mouth piece, a servant of the gods and I do not say what I am not told, but whatever comes out of my mouth in the name of ifa is truth! We all are the handiwork of Eledumare the Supreme Being who sees our end from our beginning; he is the creator of all there is. The problem with you Children of today is that you do not have regards for what is yours, you believe in foreign doctrine and dogmas and you abandon yours due to foreign influences!

How could a Yoruba child ignore the warnings of Ifa? This boy just wasted his life for nothing! By sheer stupidity and pride, the worst part of this is that he does not belong anywhere o! He professes to be a Christian but does he even knows the Christ? He does not worship his God, he does not pray or fast, he just lived a spiritually care free life and he allowed the enemy to finish him like a common fowl! If we humans know how powerful and effective prayers and supplications are, we would not take them for granted! The supreme one, call him Allah, God or Eledumare, wants to be acknowledged and revered by us all, be you a Muslim. Christian, Buddhist, traditional religion, whatever faith you claim to be there is just one God! Whatever means you use in relating with him, use it and acknowledge him! There are enemies everywhere, physically and Meta physically, so you have to choose a way to serve your God and serve him conscientiously! I am really not happy about the death of this boy; it’s like losing a son. Baba kept quiet to catch his breath, he wiped away tears from face with the back of his palm

Ese pupo Baba, thanks a lot Baba, what has happened has happened, let us allow Ayo’s soul to rest wherever he may be: but he’s not at rest! Can’t you see? Baba interrupted almost shouting. The soul of Ayo is restless, he is angry at his carelessness; he has just realized his foolishness and is now seeking for vengeance! Ha! Mummy gapped: let him leave vengeance for God o! Ayo if you are here please listen to me your Mother, do not avenge your death, leave judgment for God, please my Son, mummy pleaded looking round the room as if looking for Ayo. Baba please can you help? Talk to him please.

He will rest, he will rest, and he heard you. Is Ayo’s ghost here? I asked Baba: He is standing by your brother staring at you as I speak, baba said. At that instance I developed goose bumps, can he see me? I asked stupidly, you cannot see him but he sees you, he says he is sorry, he says you should be strong and move on, he says you should take good care of the Kids. I could not utter a word, I just sat there feeling his presence, and he is leaving now, Baba said. I raised my right hand to my chest and waved him good bye. He never came back to me either in dream or trance, Ayo would not want to bug me.

You will observe I brought two strangers with me today, mama said: this one here is…Baba raised his hand to stop mama from speaking further. Do not bother, he said: I was expecting them. He then tossed and flipped his bead characteristically coupled with a chant. A bad Child returns home full of remorse and repentance! What shall we do to this child? Should we be wary of this child? Should we trust this Child? Baba was speaking to no one in particular: someone breaks my egg and gives me a Chicken in return, what else do I want? Let us forgive each other so that we can flourish together!

He then took a stern look at my elder Sister and said: I want you to hug everyone here except me! Give them warm embraces! Aunty Carol got up and we all got up and embraced her, when it got to my turn, she started to cry, I cried too. That done, we all sat down on the rug. Baba rendered some more incantations. My Daughter, do not be afraid and stop punishing yourself any further, all your prayers and fasting have been heard and accepted by God, your womb was not removed! No, it was not, but it was badly ruptured and the Doctors think it is medically unable to hold a fetus, so the safest conclusion they arrived at was to tell you that you can never have a baby! By this time my sister was confused like a newly caged Rabbit; she got up and started prancing about the room shouting Jesus! Jesus o! Mama stood up and attended to her while I went on my knees and raised my hands up in thanks giving to Almighty God.

Eledumare is a merciful God, baba continued: there is no sin he cannot forgive and there is no situation he cannot turn around but he needs true repentance and reverence from us. When Aunty Carol calmed down, he said: There is a man you are seeing in the place you worship; he is a widower with two Children. Yes sir! Yes sir! His name is Calvin sir, my Sister submitted. You choose him because he has children and would not really bother if you do not have kids for him. Yes sir! It’s true sir, it is true,Aunty started to raise her voice again, Jesus Christ! I must be dreaming, she said.

My Daughter, that Man does not love you, in fact that man needs more Children because his Children are females and he is an Igbo Man. He lost interest in you the day you told him the story of your life. What he feels for you is pity, not love, so do not be fooled. My sister started to wail again. Shut up your mouth! Baba shouted at her. She immediately covered her mouth with her hand; she sobbed suppressing the sound with her hand.

You do not cry here! This is a place of solution and not a place of anguish. Your husband is a military man! He wears white military uniform and he relates with water, he travels a lot on water, he will locate you sooner than you expect, you will meet in a very unpleasant situation, when the time comes you will know. We are remained silent. I know you will be wondering why another military Man because of your past experience with a military Man, the military man that almost ruined your life id dead now, are you aware of that. No sir, said my Sister. He was mauled by a herd of Cattle, mad Cows, the cattle he bought with the money he stole from you.

You should be giving alms to beggars, help the helpless and be close to your God, just be giving thanks always and use your resources to make the poor around you to be happy, your future is bright my dear, you will have as many Children as you and your husband desire. Even your father’s spirit is happy with you now. My father has forgiven me? She asked: yes he has, baba said: your father is here with us. Daddy is here with us! Jesus! Jesus! Aunty Carol screamed and clung to mama. Baba smiled and said: he says I should call you “Mama Carol” Daddy! Carol shouted, that’s my pet name, that’s what my Daddy calls me sir, he calls me “Mama undecided Carol”. He said I should call you “Chopu chopu” Aunty Carol gave out a short laugh and looked around the room. He calls me “Chop chop” because I ate a lot as a little girl! Daddy I am sorry for everything I did, I am so sorry sir
He has heard you my dear, he says he love you. Daddy we love you too I said as carol was crying.
When will the book be available 4 sale undecided undecided I need it
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
tecno4life:

When will the book be available 4 sale undecided undecided I need it

Bros am seriously working on it. but surely before year end. please bear with me, i beg you,
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
Dom u never said there is more to look out for,haba i thought d story has ended when the couple died.it is such a wonderful and touching story,keep it up because I believe you are going places

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Nairaland Detection Club / A Strange Love (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.