Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (478664 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 8:34am On Jun 14, 2015
P0intBlank:
Semifinal fixtures

Serbia vs Mali

&
Senegal vs Brazil

My prediction:

MALI VS BRAZIL -Final
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by bishop88: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2015
the german we fail to beat mali did it and if we meet mali we will like to beat them

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:49am On Jun 14, 2015
CFCfan:

They beat Germany 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in regulation time.
Mali was always a strong team. I bet their coach made all the decisions Many was too strong-headed to make.

Moving on, abeg when will Awoniyi join up with the U-23 team? No time...Alampasu too.

If City had known, Iheanacho would have remained to go forward their pre-season games cuz dem no even use am for the U-20

No more updates on the guys?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 8:53am On Jun 14, 2015
Icon4s:

My prediction:

MALI VS BRAZIL -Final

Serbia vs Mali would be a cracker. A rematch of their group match which Serbia won 2-0.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2015
CFCfan:

They beat Germany 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in regulation time.

Manu should be investigated plain and simple he sold us out.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 9:09am On Jun 14, 2015
P0intBlank:

Serbia vs Mali would be a cracker. A rematch of their group match which Serbia won 2-0.

Bt seams d Malians have been improving as d tourney progresses. They(David) even beat the mighty Germany (Goliath)-the slayers of Nigeria.

If they can beat Germany hu is Serbia?
Any way football is no mathematics, it can go either ways.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by watchindelta(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2015
yes yes yes manu sold us out

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Icon4s(m): 9:14am On Jun 14, 2015
samueld0:
We are not true fans here on Nairaland so becouse our boys lost you all deserted this Thread. Imagin no new post or quote for almost 24hrs now

Dont mind those guys that were shouting "we are favourites" up and down. They were calling those of us that dnt see the Flying Eagles as favourites "plastic fans".
I mentioned that I pray d Super Falcons should even get 1pt from dat Grp of death and some term me unpatriotic.

Now we know hu d real plastic fans are. They only follow the national teams when we are getting d results.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jotey(m): 9:32am On Jun 14, 2015
African football dn dae improve sha
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 9:51am On Jun 14, 2015
Icon4s:

Bt seams d Malians have been improving as d tourney progresses. They(David) even beat the mighty Germany (Goliath)-the slayers of Nigeria.

If they can beat Germany hu is Serbia?
Any way football is no mathematics, it can go either ways.

Football is all about taking ur chances. D Malian equalizer came 2 mins after the Germans had missed a gilt edged opportunity to go 2 up. Germans were awarded a penalty but d Malian keeper came up with a brilliant save. So the team that maximizes its opportunities will prevail.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2015
Where is Mikron
grin grin grin cheesy
As active as he was......!!!
Can't believe he could just disappear off the grid like that?
Chai!!! grin grin grin
Who are the real Plastic fans?
Stop blaming or alleging Manu Garba and his Crew, you guys made them what they are not!
Calling them Profs, asking for Keshi to be sacked and replaced by Manu and his crew, or being promoted to the U 23 at the expense of Siasia being demoted to U 20!
The OP is rarely posted since the ouster of the Team from the Tournament. If the Driver ain't making any move, I think a Passenger who can drive very well should take over. The journey is still far and no need to be delayed or get stranded!!!

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 14, 2015
adeyemi2015:
I am recently getting addicted to this page or thread. It's so lively and lovely that we are anticipating "success' for the lads in NZ. But we need to ask ourselves some few questions? What of if they fail the expectations? Are they gonna be discarded? Is there career over with the Flying Eagles?
We need to consider both sides of a coin.
We are wishing the Lads to succeed, but we shouldn't put all our Oranges in one Basket. If the Lads fail (God forbids) we should still stick to them and keep developing them.
We understand their potentials and talents, thus we shouldn't condemn them if it turns against our expectations of them.
Good day peeps.
I was in love with the thread and the comments, but not convinced that the Fans are genuinely passionate about the Lads progress individually and collectively (coming rain coming sunshine). Thus I posted the below ( the most important is the bold part);
adeyemi2015:
I always enjoy reading comments on this platform. So heart pleasing to read much about the lads from the Nigerians. It's so obvious that we believe in the lads to succeed, but if they couldn't fulfill our expectations; we shouldn't bombard them with criticisms, rather encourage them to do better in the nearest future.
They are genuinely a Golden Generation, hence we should be patient, fold our arms and watching them developing and gelling up as a Team to beat when they become Super Eagles.

Thanks to all on this platform!
I knew the day like this would come, we should let go of the Tournament's disappointments and move on! The forum used to be lively, bubbling and bustling, can't believe we are still in page 230 If the Lads are still in the Competition, I'm certain the Pages would have reached 300!!!
Nigerian Fans!!!
If OP could go AWOL just like that, as well as the most active Posters like Tbaba1234, think the thread should be shutdown! Or someone else should take over!

Cc LeeCodeman, Tbaba1234, AIG07, Kannymore, Casket, Pointblank, Icon4, Safarigirl, BascoVanVeli, TheSuperNerd, Aodis, Linked, Mikron, TheGoodJoe, Mrham03, Chabbery, and Joseph1013

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2015
Icon4s:

Dont mind those guys that were shouting "we are favourites" up and down. They were calling those of us that dnt see the Flying Eagles as favourites "plastic fans".
I mentioned that I pray d Super Falcons should even get 1pt from dat Grp of death and some term me unpatriotic.

Now we know hu d real plastic fans are. They only follow the national teams when we are getting d results.

When I saw the favourite tag, I wondered what the yard stick was. I guess it was because we had won U-17 world cup 2 years earlier. But U-17 and U-20 are completely different. None of teams that made it to last 4 in d 2013 U-17 made it to last 4 in d U-20. This is not one-off. Argentina who has won six times has never won the U-17. Players have different cycles and peak at different times. That u were better than a player when u were both 17 doesn't necessary mean u'll be better at 19. Or maybe it was because they beat Nigerian Club sides in d Super 6. As impressive as this was I had my reservations. The first being it was preseason. Fitness levels of these players were not at optimum level. Real Madrid, Man U (to mention a few) have suffered embarrassing defeats to African club sides during preseason. Second, the Nigerian club sides were not that strong (none made it to the group stage of the Caf Champions league). Kano Pillars were actually eliminated in d 1st round.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2015
If you look at the title of the thread, it says it all. It was about the New Zealand U20 World Cup. As soon as they crashed out, the thread lost its value.

Joseph1013 still post on the U23 Olympic thread where these lads of the Flying Eagles will play a part under Siasia.

That is where this thread continues. Not here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1952331/all-news-olympic-eagles-u-23

adeyemi2015:

I was in love with the thread and the comments, but not convinced that the Fans are genuinely passionate about the Lads progress individually and collectively (coming rain coming sunshine). Thus I posted the below ( the most important is the bold part);

I knew the day like this would come, we should let go of the Tournament's disappointments and move on! The forum used to be lively, bubbling and bustling, can't believe we are still in page 230 If the Lads are still in the Competition, I'm certain the Pages would have reached 300!!!
Nigerian Fans!!!
If OP could go AWOL just like that, as well as the most active Posters like Tbaba1234, think the thread should be shutdown! Or someone else should take over!

Cc LeeCodeman, Tbaba1234, AIG07, Kannymore, Casket, Pointblank, Icon4, Safarigirl, BascoVanVeli, TheSuperNerd, Aodis, Linked, Mikron, TheGoodJoe, Mrham03, Chabbery, and Joseph1013
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Nigerian Fans!!!

adeyemi my man we no abandon the thread o, we just moved on to other football treads like the under 23s and the super falcons thread. greetings to u sir
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Where is Mikron
grin grin grin cheesy
As active as he was......!!!
Can't believe he could just disappear off the grid like that?
Chai!!! grin grin grin
Who are the real Plastic fans?
Stop blaming or alleging Manu Garba and his Crew, you guys made them what they are not!
Calling them Profs, asking for Keshi to be sacked and replaced by Manu and his crew, or being promoted to the U 23 at the expense of Siasia being demoted to U 20!
The OP is rarely posted since the ouster of the Team from the Tournament. If the Driver ain't making any move, I think a Passenger who can drive very well should take over. The journey is still far and no need to be delayed or get stranded!!!
not not that we abandoned the thread but the fact that our boys exited the tourney no thanks to our coach is proof enough that there is nothing to contribute to the thread anymore. everything will surely come to an end someday, unfortunately this came to an end too early. happy sunday to u bro

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Emmzyst: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mali win Germany, Manu Gaba is a disgrace.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by watchindelta(m): 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Emmzyst:
Mali win Germany, Manu Gaba is a disgrace.
yes a big one 4 dat matter! how can attacking side like barc play real Madrid without seeing Madrid keeper? our u20 dat play attacking football can't even see German keeper!

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
bishop88:
the german we fail to beat mali did it and if we meet mali we will like to beat them

I don't think Flying eagle would be able to beat the Malian if we had meet them..
Base of their game against Ghanian that I saw, I think they are the best African team in this tournament...their defenders are well coordinated, discipline and organised while their attack is potent .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
Even the Germans with their favourite tag are out. Why can't we let by gone be by gone. At least the club chairman dat wanted to sell his club midfielder can now close the deal now and the other guys can rest or go for pre-season with their respective clubs. The ones who haven't got any deal can thrive harder. The olympics qualifier is still there. The lucky ones might still get chosen.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Packing my Luggage...........................
Journey to U23 thread!
We've learned our lessons with the U20 Team, I strongly believe no one will hype or overrate the U23 side!

Gonna be visiting once in a while, cos it seems guys have made up their respective mind!!!

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by naturalwaves: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
You see why Manu Garba is a foool? Imagine teams like Senegal and Mali in the semis while the so much talented Nigerian team couldn't go through. The Malian midfield cordination is superb cos the coach had his best legs there unlike our yeye coach that put up riff raffs on the midfield due to sentiments and the fact he wants to get clubs by force by fire for some players...I wonder how much he collected...eediot! There was nothing spectacular about the German team, on a good day, our team if well arranged can trash that German side with at least 3 goals to nil. Manu Garba really disappointed us. Congrats to Mali and Senegal.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Phlaser(m): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wow... I'm making money while I sleep. Care to join me in the world of MAPs then chat me up via 08068677508. I promise you that you will sack your boss in no time.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
Who says the teams in d semifinals are even great? Had Manu Garba and Nduka Ugbade been honest and had put national interest b4 their 'surprisingly' egocentric selfish interests, Nigeria wud be strolling past teams rite now till June 20. Who's Mali and Senegal compared to a team wit d attacking and super mercurial talents of Iheanacho, Yahaya, Moses Simon, Chidera Ezeh, Awoniyi, Success, Nwakali etc? Even the germans are an average side... They knocked out, by only a lone goal, Nigeria's u20 second team. Manu benched close to 5 'super' starters in dis team 4m game 2.

The tournament is left wit 3 average sides in Mali, Senegal and Serbia and one slightly above average side in Brazil. THE TOURNAMENT HAD LONG LOST ITS QUALITY coz the 'Big' Stars produced/born by in NZ wud emerge mainly frm teams who left d tourney early due to one reason or the other. Stars lyk Kelechi Iheanacho(NGA), Musa Yahaya(NGA), Angel Correa(ARG), Chidera Ezeh(NGA), Geovanni Simeone(ARG), Hirving Lozano(MEX), Dele Alampasu(NGA), Alejandro Diaz(MEX), Andres Tello(COL), Taiwo Awoniyi(NGA), Moses Simon(NGA), Alexis Zapata(COL), Zsolt Kalmar(HUN), Success Isaac(NGA), Franco Acosta(URU), and Rodrigo Amaral(URU) are going to be some of d biggest names in World Soccer within d next 3-4 years. *Remember Neymar Jnr(BRA) and Mario Gotze(GER) of Nigeria 2009. Brazil crashed out in d 1st round while Germany lost to Eventual winners, Switzerland in da 2nd round. Where are d swiss players today? Where's ben khalifa? I only hear abt Haris Seferovic but he's just average... Where's Golden ball winner in 2009, Sani Emmanuel? Where's d overhyped Stanley Okoro? Neymar and Gotze are BIG STARS TODAY AND UCL WINNERS BUT NEVA WON INDIVIDUAL AWARDS AT A FIFA AGE GRADE TOURNAMENT.

The 4 semifinalists hv a few good talents lyk Gabriel Jesus(BRA), Andreas Pereira(BRA), Adama Traore(MAL), Moussa Kone(SEN), Sidy Sarr(SEN), Andrija Zivkovic(SERBIA), and Milos Veljkovic(SERBIA)... But they are 'nothing' compared to many of da talents listed above them... Time will vindicate this truth. I wish our African brothers all the very best but the True Star Talents of NZ WOULD BE UNVEILED IN YEARS TO COME... *I just gave y'all a hint*

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmmm.... So apart from Senegal who won their match in regulation time all other teams had to qualify through penalty shoot out!

Naija may be out but other West African Countries still rep!!

#lets go Mali and Senegal
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
[b]Guys that have been mentioning me, abeg dont add salt upon my injuries. What happened was very painful. I'm slowly recovering so do me jejely bikonu.

Manu Garba and Nduka Ugbade are rogues. They ought to be banned from ever going near our national teams again.

You see, it's not the defeat that is the problem, it's the manner of the defeat. After the defeat, I made a few calls to Nigeria journalists that are there with them in New Zealand and the revelations were startling. The man we taught was an upright man is actually a shenanigan. I'm more than disappointed.

The following tweets are by the guy who was supplying us with the team lineup and inner news of camp and team happenings. He is alos highly respected by @guysly2much whom a couple of people here get their inside sources from. Look at what he has to say

All tweets by https://twitter.com/MuyiwaLawal . You can check his timeline to confirm for yourself.

At this rate I'm actually unsure who was a better U20 coach between Obuh and Manu. At least now folks will no longer hype Manu for SE job.

For a coach to have such deadly ammunition (Our BENCH) at your disposal and not empty it on your opponents is simply cowardly & unforgivable

Manu messed up. Did u know agents infiltrated camp with potential buyers & were literally telling Manu how to conduct sessions?

Agents were literally on the pitch during training telling Manu which players to parade. 100% truth. Ask your inside source

Check with ur guys & they'll tell u. Manu sold his soul. He had a chance to won U20 but he blew it. He had the best team in NZ.

Im aware of everythin that happened in NZ but wont go public with it now. Those coaches should hide their faces, shame on them!

U20 is not do or die rather it's for developing but I'm disgusted with what happened in NZ. We had a great team

Yes but for clarification sake, my tweets about Manu, his coaches, agents & shenanigans in NZ is 100% accurate

Well, I guess it's time to move on. Hopefully, the boys succeed on an individual level.

Those that are saying we've deserted the thread, you are merely sour losers, trying to gloat in your prediction that the team is overrated. There is nothing overrated in this team. I stand convinced that no team can stand the firepower in this team save for the filthy lucre of the coach.

I still stand by the boys, not the team managed by those fraudsters.[/b]

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by naturalwaves: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
LeeCodeman:
[b]Guys that have been mentioning me, abeg dont add salt upon my injuries. What happened was very painful. I'm slowly recovering so do me jejely bikonu.

Manu Garba and Nduka Ugbade are rogues. They ought to be banned from ever going near our national teams again.

You see, it's not the defeat that is the problem, it's the manner of the defeat. After the defeat, I made a few calls to Nigeria journalists that are there with them in New Zealand and the revelations were startling. The man we taught was an upright man is actually a shenanigan. I'm more than disappointed.

The following tweets are by the guy who was supplying us with the team lineup and inner news of camp and team happenings. He is alos highly respected by @guysly2much whom a couple of people here get their inside sources from. Look at what he has to say

All tweets by https://twitter.com/MuyiwaLawal . You can check his timeline to confirm for yourself.

Well, I guess it's time to move on. Hopefully, the boys succeed on an individual level.

Those that are saying we've deserted the thread, you are merely sour losers, trying to gloat in your prediction that the team is overrated. There is nothing overrated in this team. I stand convinced that no team can stand the firepower in this team save for the filthy lucre of the coach.

I still stand by the boys, not the team managed by those fraudsters.[/b]

If you read my summary and analysis during and after Nigeria's elimination, you would see that it isn't different from this revelation, it was obvious even to the blind man that the combo he arranged particularly on our midfield was a mediocre one. I guess the most persistent agents has to be those of Bulbwa and Ifeanyin Ifeanyin. Useless coach!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by dabossman(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wish I could see the face of the dude who said Germany would not lose any game in this tourney. Plus, the Serbia he asked us to avoid by fire by force is still in the competition.

As for abandoning the thread; personally I think following football on Nairaland is becoming increasingly annoying. Too many ridiculous comments everywhere. People constantly whining and complain. Hate comments, tribal comments and unpatriotic comments everywhere. Very irritating, I tell you. Only a few folks make constructive comments, even in their criticism. Most are just unnecessarily caustic.

After the 2010 world cup, I read a quote by an English fan that said "supporting England is a life filled with agony, but I won't stop supporting all the same". That is a true fan. Not those that join Ghanaians to call their own team "super chickens". Shameful, I tell you.

Big ups to Joseph who created this thread, the goodjoehunt, safarigirl, leecodeman, supernerd and all the other good folks who continue to support the national teams no matter how painful it maybe sometimes. I salute you all. Cheers. On to the U-23, U-17, Falcons and Super Eagles. God bless Nigeria.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2015
Register on 1960bet and enjoy unlimited flow of money by staking highly on your favourite football teams(including live betting), virtual games, casino etc. There is no limit on the source of making money with an online sports betting account with 1960bet(one of the best in Nigeria with high odds and fast payment of cash).
All it requires is to register online with your computer or smart phone and put your prediction to work; instead of wasting time arguing with your friends about the outcome of football matches you can simply go online and stake on them and your bank account will be rolling with cash. To sign up for an online sports betting account visit
https://www.1960bet.com/Odds/registration/affiliate393684
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
U know wat i don't blame Manu i blame myself all that talk of 'Manu this Manu that he is so great', well when u exalt a man to a godly extent he will always fall. Well he should go to South Africa so he can finally get those bums he called a starting 11 contract. What really pains me is that simple Mali beat Germany. All that jerk had to do was play his best legs is that too much to ask? Well on a brighter note Africa has 2 teams in the semi finals, i tip Mali to win it all.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ajf(m): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2015
Brazil 5-0 Senegal. OK, that was unexpected..

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81