Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Out Of The Blue ( Novella) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Out Of The Blue ( Novella) (4093 Views)

Underneath The Veil (a Novella) / All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / Blood On Satin Sheets (A Novella) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 12:01am On Jun 28, 2014
Huch! Its pathetic that I lost most of my works and gotta start all over again....well...thank God I haven't gone too far with dis one.

Hmm! If the fly sitting on top of a palm wine calabash says it is drunk, what will the fly inside the calabash say?

Only Time Will Tell.......

1 Like

Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2014
we were heading towards the unknown, and we got no choice but to sit quietly in our hard seats and let ourselves be taken there.

Its amazing how many different roads we can take, but they all lead home.

note: The names potrayed in this story are purely fictional.

I will be updating twice a week.....

GOD BLESS YOU .......As you read
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 11:33am On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
It appears like a glowing dream, or should I call it a frivolous nightmare? But I fully know is that we all ended at the same spot.

A wailing sounds of jubilation that proliferate the whole street. Whistles above whistles of the birds , singing love songs that caress the heart.

Hmm! The day has come, exactly what the world say, decorating the whole place with beautiful smiles. Priceless! I have never seen smiles so cooperative and

adhere all my life.

" happiness is a perfume, you must pour it on yourself for others to appreciate it".

"Egbe omi iresi kana ooo ( put rice on fire)" the sharp smartly voice of the groom's mother got the attention of the women. She was on a buba dress chanting with an expression of joy.

" egbe apo elubo jade oooo ( bring out the bag of elubo)"

" haaa omi ti o' ooo( the water is boiled)"

" Isu iyan nko?( where are the yams for pounding?)"

" haaa awon omo yi, won ti da ewedu nu' ooo( see this children, they've poured away the vegetable soup)"

" jowo ban ra akara nita kin fi mu ogi ( please buy me akara to favour my pap)" Hmm, voices of the women, ranging from one point to another.

" hahahaha funny wasn't it?" That was how I laughed vehemently when I stood beside the gate watching a nollywood scene. It never disturbed me, all I only wanted was to feed my hungry tommy which I eventually did.

Hmm! March 31st, 1999 was a blissful day to Adams family, a day of love and obscurity. Noble men and promising young men were present at the groom's apartment preparing for the five hours journey to Lorelo town in kobiko state. Murmurs from different angles amidst the men, only God heard their interactions but as for me, I took the next direction.

Babagida, that's the groom's name was all smiles, lifting his Agbara repeatedly .

" oko iyawo, haba, this your abgada go tear ooo" Umar his best friend utter as we all boasted to laughter.

" wetin, na my day be dis, if the agbada tear, I go wear another one" Babajide responded amusingly.

" haa! Pele baba Olowo" shola the groom's closest cousin teased.

" The only limit of our realization of tomorrow will be our doubt of today"

Hmm! Some men were present while some were scared to travel to the violated city of kobiko. Out of those who were present, some came with love while some with aching heart.

" courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than ones fear". Adams family is a faithful one and I belong there.

A lot of things has happened in our lives, some we overcome, some we let go, but there is one certainty to all we bloods and that's FORGETFULNESS .

Huch! Mad of me, I didn't introduce myself... Anyways... I'm olawale by name, a kid- brother to the groom. I love my brother so much because he's an epitome of civility just like me, I got the same attribute too. How I wished my father was alive to witness that day, a great man of his days. Hmm! Our uncles turned their backs at us and were not even present at the wedding. Ooooh God is Almighty that he sent us a gift of a step father who supported us with good heart. My mother like a man, I searched through the dictionary but couldn't find a word to qualify her, she is just too much.

Hmm! My late father ones says, ' A set of white teeth does not indicate a pure heart".

" E gbodo bu ninu awon eran yen ooo ( no one should take from those meat)" my mother exclaimed.

My aunties are an embodiment of hypocrisy. It pains me so much that they are the evils of backstabbers, jealous of our progress.

" A ripe fruit will not hang forever on a tree branch". We all set to leave for kobiko state at exactly 7:30am, a five hours journey to Lorelo town. We took positions and drove off.
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Our legs felt like a fried plantain after some hours of movement, it was a roller- coaster drive but we pulled ourselves. We were heading towards Tamara town, a place decorated with high mountains. We were aware of every movement because our thighs felt tendered with a sensation of pains. We pushed on towards the final lane of goza. In front of us was a monster mountain. Our eyes grows wide and took a deep breath, not knowing there was a deadly hole right so close.

" wetin be that?" I asked severely.

Our jeep was a victim of the deadly hole. It was a bizarre feelings, other cars had gone further while we were still behind.

" this driver sef, you no see the hole?" Shola quarried the driver.
He was speechless, he was amazed about the giant mountain, just like us.

" Bobo bo agbada re ka gbe motor yi( off your agbada let's pull out this jeep)" shola uttered.

We used all our strength to pull out the jeep,but no ways we all ended up exhausted.

Only God knows how my step father found out we got problems because no one called him. We saw a silver pilot jeep approaching us.

" is that not your step father?" Umar asked my brother.

" Time is against us, you all know that we have to get there before 12pm" my step father said.

He assisted us in pulling out the jeep with his two friends which we succeeded. " is it that they are much stronger than us? I asked myself.

" it is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves".

We all looked at each other and after rounds of argument, we moved on.

1 Like

Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hmmm! if you want to go far in life you need to learn how to work alone.

hallo my noble readers.... I wish u success in dis new month.
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by missuniverse(f): 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
noble4d: Hmmm! if you want to go far in life you need to learn how to work alone.

hallo my noble readers.... I wish u success in dis new month.
wish u same
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
Time! it slips away as easily as grains of sand on a wind- swept beach but those grains only trade places. with the jeep, we change the same way - new locations in the passage of time. The steering is incidental like breathing. The mountains came and go, our legs so feeble and begging for freedom, with the wind blowing determination to our hearts. Yes! there was a transformation in a state of bliss, a place of my dream.

Not too long that we became victim of another. we were out of fuel...it was a minor case, it took us no much time to fill the tank.

Its 11:15am, and still we got long way to go. The groom groaning, eagerly to set his eyes on his bride. It disturbed me too because I couldn't wait to have her in my midst... such a beauty she is.

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste it, to experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience".

It was a free-flow, hectic and a sophisticated journey but at last we got to our destination with no harm.

" There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want and second is to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second".

It was a celebration of smiles and it spread rapidly all over the place.

" Awon ebi oko ti de ooo, ema wo'le ( the groom's family has arrived, you are welcome)" The alaga iduro ( host) proclaimed.

They all welcomed us with all smiles as we sat. Not too long that the ceremony began. we brought in the necessary stuffs according to Yoruba tradition such as eja osan, yams, drinks and others. they were excess of food to eat and drinks to drink, they were singers and dancers to entertain us, but all that did not bother me.

I was just half -dead on my seat looking wield and sick, listening to the little voice of fear. I was lost that I didn't even notice they've handed over the bride to the groom.

" olawale!" my cousin yelled my name.
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by Cheriepet: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
count me in... i am coming lemme go n buy guguru n epa smiley
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
PrinceAdepoju is here...
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
hallo my noble readers...update will surely come by weekend..... Thanks for following..
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2014
Trust is like oil, no matter how much water you pour to it, it will always float.

Goodmorning to you my noble readers...hope you had a splendid night?....cheers
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
" haha na when the bride comot?" I asked amazingly

" ooh so you dey sleep".

" you see sleep for my eye?" I asked severely.

" OK ooo, my own concern be say make we comot for here quick quick because I fear here" my cousin said In a low tone, sweating profusely.

It was so funny that i boasted to laughter. I didn't tell him I'm afraid too, I tried packaging myself as if nothing bothered me.

"Bros I be no no say you fear pass bush meat" I said amusingly

" Bro no be so joo, my children still dey small, and I love my wife so much".

" you for no follow come naa" I said laughing loudly, hitting the plastic chair I sat on.

" na true you talk...and my wife warned me say make I no follow ooo".

Haha haha! I wish you all were there to see his expression, shivering and stammering....he was battered with efficacy of fear.

The traditional wedding started well and ended with smiles. my brother was happy, he succeeded in tying the knot.

" but I was told she got beautiful sisters....where are they?" I said to myself.

I tried to mingle with one of them but no ways, i ended up packing gifts and bags.

Hmm fear! a distressing emotion lifted by impending danger, evil and pain. you can imagine how scared we were when we heard gun shots from nowhere.
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
" Though you wash your cloths with hot water, you still have to dry them in the sun".

Hallo my noble readers...how r u all doing?..... they call them ghost readers.....but I refer mine as noble readers...wow! you can do better than this.

criticise, appraise....and interact with me, the characters portrayed.

Hmm! no matter how heavy the rain falls, the mountains cannot be washed away.

the E family,..... Ebiag family... and others.... the stars are sparkling....

Remember, your presence is my greatest motivation.

Thanks.
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by bookhy(f): 8:12am On Jul 06, 2014
Nice write up,i lyk d way u d quotes....following gently...bt pls update frequently

1 Like

Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
" ye ye wetin be dat " shola screamed with the voice of fear holding my right hand tightly, robbing his left palm on my shoulder.

It's not that I wasn't scared, it's only funny that an elderly cousin of mine was behaving like a pipe child. I packaged myself with intending brevity, looking all round, gazing at faces of fear, crying deeply, praying with cautiousness.

We all gathered like alligators watching to know those coming to our direction.

Hmm! a wise man ones says 'do not swim in a shallow water if you do not want your back to show '.

We saw them running towards us like rugby players holding perilous objects with intentions to kill.

It was like a micky-licky scene, all we just did was to turn around and run for our lives. hmm! I never believed that I could run like usain bolt. hahahaha my Cousin was an heck running like a fat pig. we all ran to an apartment and locked ourselves for safety.

Everywhere was dark to me,even with the full on fluorescent light, I could only hear voices, voices of people clamoring. 'where is my brother, his bride,and my step-father?' I asked myself with tears already stored in my eyes.

"Babajide!" I screamed with expression of anxiety...no response, all I heard was the disturbing voice of my cousin.

" guy, babajide wa ni alafia( babajide is save)" shola my cousin utter

My silence only lasted for five minutes. Deep inside of me was a heart killer making me feel uncomfortable and scared of the unknown. hmm! my heart felt like a roasted fish when I heard an husky voice from behind.
" matete fighters are deadly attackers, they are fighting for land space which doesn't belong to them, and they kill anyone they see in their territory ".

I was speechless, looking left,right, front and back with tears dropping like a tap water. All I thought of was my family. "what should I do?" I asked myself.

I struggled myself from the hands of my cousin and zoomed out .
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
following
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: following

wlcm Bro
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by Cheriepet: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Noble u have a good read here... but mi think u should try to differentiate d main story from d quotes.

you can either italise or make it bold so dat ur readers will b able to flow well wit it.

tanks boss... still following wink
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Cheriepet: Noble u have a good read here... but mi think u should try to differentiate d main story from d quotes.

you can either italise or make it bold so dat ur readers will b able to flow well wit it.

tanks boss... still following wink

haha I did that.....is just that some of the wise sayings is attached to the story.......its my style of writing.. I wished you read LAND OF MYSTERY, ROAD TO FAME....before the lost.......you will love them...just the same pattern of writing...but point of views is different.

Thanks.
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by Cheriepet: 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
[quote
author=noble4d]

haha I did that.....is just that some of the wise sayings is attached to
the story.......its my style of writing... tanks[/quote]

No p
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Cheriepet:

No p

pls if u see more ills and errors, don't hesitate to let me know.
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
This particular story was performed on stage last week...
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by Cheriepet: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
noble4d:

pls if u see more ills and errors, don't hesitate to let me know.

i got ur back boss
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Cheriepet:

i got ur back boss

yah tanks dear
Re: Out Of The Blue ( Novella) by noble4d(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
" when a lion becomes old, he is a toy to little flies"

Huch! ( covering my face)....I know ave not bin trying.. yah.....not at all...my heart sinks in da pit of TIME... yah I know ave not bin trying, but TIME is a wonderful phenomenon, it tells, proves, and its priceless. you all knw wat TIME is more than I do. Ave bin busy with my theatre works and also preparing for NYSC camp. Update we surely come when I'm smiling.

Holla my Noble readers, thanks for your time,patience and understanding,i humbly appreciate...be optimistic and sit still because the story hasn't ended...God bless you as you read.

Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni / What/which phrase,quote,saying,sentence....strikes you? / The Village,nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.