Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data (3339 Views)

Nigerian Scammer Asked To Repay Stolen 1 Million Pounds By UK Court / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March / Former Lagos State Governor(Tinubu) Exposed By Ayedee(The guy who hacked Linda) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by NSNA: 1:15am On Jun 28, 2014
A lot of people are saying Nairaland was hacked
what you realy should be saying is that you have been hacked because it is your own emails, and data at stake

but you cannot put the blame on Nairaland management
The truth is anything can be hacked

Ebay was hacked and millions of user data stolen
FBI was hacked
White house was hacked

Countries are hacking each other
China is hacking the USA
USA is hacking it own people PRISM

Be careful of what you say or do online, you never can tell who is watching
use a disguise(an avatar) if you really want to be free online

The internet is not as it used to be anymore.... its not free anymore

3 Likes

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by tpia1: 1:27am On Jun 28, 2014
i didnt see anybody blaming management- a few were just asking about data backup and the ignored warnings.

what most people are more upset about is the lack of communication from the site owner.

1 Like

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by tpia1: 1:28am On Jun 28, 2014
the internet is not as it used to be anymore.... its not free anymore

when was it free?

1 Like

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by Monimatic(m): 2:37am On Jun 28, 2014
APC in conjunction with their extremists allies in Sudan and Iran stole our data, they will use it to start sending us propaganda n false news for their campaign as 2015 election draws near.

5 Likes

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 28, 2014
tpia1:

when was it free?
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by hammedkola(m): 4:47am On Jun 28, 2014
Monimatic: APC in conjunction with their extremists allies in Sudan and Iran stole our data, they will use it to start sending us propaganda n false news for their campaign as 2015 election draws near.
You are totally an e-diot, why must you politicize everything? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by ayukdaboss(m): 6:33am On Jun 28, 2014
hammedkola: You are totally an e-diot, why must you politicize everything? undecided

Help me ask that mumu

5 Likes

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2014
Be careful what info you give online.
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by rocgirl: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hmmm....
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
So we are not safe again?
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by egbaguy: 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
kemi omololu olunloyo said she was responsible for nairaland going offline
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by directimport: 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2014
FGN
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by Idrismusty97(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2014
Even if you use an Avatar or whatever they can still track you by your IP. As you can see even those that deactivated or edited their comments have resurrected. No data kept online is safe!! If i see a deleted thread or an edited comment i can easily use the Way back machine and travel everywhere i want to in time. http://web.archive.org/web/20140201000000*/http://www.nairaland.com/

No way is safe, just relax. If anybody seriously want to track you they will without any stress. America will know smiley

3 Likes

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by tpia: 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
well, one just has to find out what data was stolen and in what way the stolen data will be utilized.

given that internet surveillance is not really a new thing, so why the need for this brouhaha this time.

is it connected to boko haram's southern push or the 2015 prediction.

or just a refreshing of certain people's databases.
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by NSNA: 4:57am On Jul 01, 2014
One of this hacked Nairaland

APC
PDP
USA

Some Religious Fanatics

Hackers trying to prove a point like
https://forum.intern0t.org/general-hacking-discussions/1296-nairaland-unhackable.html

Staff of the Server Host
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by tandj: 6:27am On Jul 01, 2014
Exactly.
People give out personal info too much online. If u feel u have disclosed too much, pls deactivate and start again.

Try and keep urself and family safe.

1 Like

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by txh(m): 6:12am On Jul 16, 2014
is this topic still active?
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2014
If u hack mi account, even my whole life...u're on a long thing.
I aint changing my pix or my email. I'm clean as ice.
Besides, the email I'm using for nairaland is a solely for nairaland.
I hope they steal my information.
So what?

Besides, putting info online is not what makes u vulnerable, a 21st century adult is already on the world wide web...
Ur bank account, school registration, biometric data, working place, use of ATM, SIM card registration, etc have already put u online.

Just be clean and be normal....
Even if they want to indict u, wrong data will be fed to the machines abt u..
God is our only refuge.
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Its sad joor cos all of my data was taken out joor...its a bad occurrence joor! Wen I noticed wat had happened and hw all my important infos disappeared,I felt really annoyed but no wahala...ITS WELL!
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2014
tpia1:

when was it free?

I tell you.

MTN night plan is N2,500..
Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2014
NSNA: One of this hacked Nairaland

APC
PDP
USA

Some Religious Fanatics

Hackers trying to prove a point like
https://forum.intern0t.org/general-hacking-discussions/1296-nairaland-unhackable.html

Staff of the Server Host
If a 16yr old boy from the United States hacked NL you'd never know about it and you'll go to bed and sleep gently like you usually do every night. PDP/Nigerian Federal Govt was clearly behind the intrusion.

1 Like

Re: Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data by ogbronx(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: If u hack mi account, even my whole life...u're on a long thing.
I aint changing my pix or my email. I'm clean as ice.
Besides, the email I'm using for nairaland is a solely for nairaland.
I hope they steal my information.
So what?

Besides, putting info online is not what makes u vulnerable, a 21st century adult is already on the world wide web...
Ur bank account, school registration, biometric data, working place, use of ATM, SIM card registration, etc have already put u online.

Just be clean and be normal....
Even if they want to indict u, wrong data will be fed to the machines abt u..
God is our only refuge.
True that. You are not taken into cognisance until you somewhat know too much and have blatantly shown that you are a threat.
Some are fearless though.

(1) (Reply)

IJEBU STATE: Ikorodu, Epe And Ajah Carve Back To The Map / Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. / Election Is Ongoing In My Place Right Now (Picture)...what Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.